Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #1366
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hi guys! Anyone going to be at DL on Saturday? I'll be there using my free birthday ticket!
Lucky duck! Have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
But anyway we are still trying to decide if it is in our budget to go as it is. But I would LOVE to go with you all! We shall see!
I hope you can make it Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
So I'm another one asking for prayers and pixie dust. Since this whole recession crud, my parent's have been having a really hard time.
Courtney, I am sorry that your parents are struggling right now. It's so tough for so many people these days. I hope things work out for them and your mom is able to find something with more hours. In the meantime, you are a good daughter for helping them out.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #1367
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Did you see my post from last night:
That's awesome about the ent rates, I'll have to go check it out. I'll be with one of my friends but I know she won't care if we meet up for a few!

Quote:
I wish I was going to DL on Saturday!! Have fun and Happy almost Birthday, Sarah!!

So I'm another one asking for prayers and pixie dust. Since this whole recession crud, my parent's have been having a really hard time. My Dad's pay got cut 10% and my Mom's hours got cut from 40 to 30. Already with that they've been struggling, I'm doing my share and have no problem helping out (especially all that they've done for me!). Even with that they're still having a hard time with rent and other bills. My Dad can still work the occasional overtime, but it's limited. My Mom can't work OT at all. Well today they cut my Mom's hours again, now she can only work 27 hours a week. Which is a 32.5% cut in pay. She told me right now she's looking for a new job, either a new full time or a second job. I feel so bad for them. They've worked hard their whole lives and we've always been so 'comfortable' with having enough money. It's sad seeing my parents struggle. Even with me helping, I make about less than half an hour than what they make.
Prayers and pixie dust

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #1368
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Courtney... Biggest of hugs...i'm so sorry your family is going through this. It is a helpless feeling, I know. My brother was laid off and hasn't found a job yet. It brings forth fear for what will happen to them and sadness at the inability to fix the problem. I will pray for You and Your Parents.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #1369
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Courtney, I am sorry that your parents are struggling right now. It's so tough for so many people these days. I hope things work out for them and your mom is able to find something with more hours. In the meantime, you are a good daughter for helping them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Prayers and pixie dust
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Courtney... Biggest of hugs...i'm so sorry your family is going through this. It is a helpless feeling, I know. My brother was laid off and hasn't found a job yet. It brings forth fear for what will happen to them and sadness at the inability to fix the problem. I will pray for You and Your Parents.
Thank you ladies so much. It's so wonderful to have you all here to listen.

I feel helpless. I can only do so much and it doesn't seem like enough. I guess especially by now we were expecting things to get better and they're really not.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #1370
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys! Anyone going to be at DL on Saturday? I'll be there using my free birthday ticket!
I won't be there but wanted to say Happy Birthday!

Quote:
I
So I'm another one asking for prayers and pixie dust.
I'm so sorry to hear this, Courtney. to your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
My brother was laid off and hasn't found a job yet. .
To your brother, Dawn. Let's hope it gets better soon.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1371
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

I understand, Courtney. It is very hard. I wish I could make it all better as I know You wish You could make it better. We just have to keep a clear perspective { which is really hard when it's people you love} and believe things will get better, in whatever form better is.

Hang in there and know you can always talk to me when you are having a hard time.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #1372
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Does anyone know if I can use my birthday ticket toward the price of an annual pass? I plan on buying one (my first ever ) but it would be nice to knock $69 off the price.

Next question is does anyone know if there is a vegitarian option at Blue Bayou? My mom and I are going to Disneyland on the 13th and I want to take her to Blue Bayou but I don't know if there's anything she would eat there if not then I want to do a character dinning but which is a good one, most likely will be breakfast and how much do they cost?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #1373
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I believe you can use the birthday pass towards an upgrade. And there is at least one veggie option at BB. I know Molly has had it but wasn't too keen on it.

Warning--the salad usually has meat in it so if she gets the salad tell them to leave the meat off!

I just got a call from Melody--she is home safe and sound and they had a WONDERFUL time at DLR and the GCH, but while she was gone there was a huge thunderstorm in her town and it "smoked" their computer! So until she gets it fixed she's going to be offline.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #1374
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Courtney - I am sorry to hear about your parents struggle...It is very unfair that the people who have worked hard, paid their mortgages and bills are the ones that are being hit the hardest and are not eligible for any help! Warm thoughts and prayers coming your way that things will get better soon!

Steph - and for your puppy!

Sarah - We ate at BB with my DBF's picky vegetarian DD and we told the waitress and she brought out the chef who talked with her about her preferences and he came up with a really delishious creation for her! We were all so jealous! So just tell the waitress and see what they can come up with for you mom! Happy Early Birthday!!

Yay for those who's school year is ending soon. The kids here don't get out until June 17. That seems so late to me because in Colorado the kids all get out right around Memorial Day weekend.

My mom has her Dr. appointment tomorrow in Denver so we'll know more about her thyroid. I've been reading all I can find about thyroid cancer and I guess if you have to have a cancer that is the better one to have...I would rather there was NO cancer in the world and I hope someday in our lifetime there is a cure! I've lost a very good friend to breast cancer and my cousin lost her husband to cancer. I am trying to stay optimistic for my mom until we hear more tomorrow.

I know I've missed a lot of people but please know that regardless if things are good or bad I'm thinking of you all!

to everyone!!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #1375
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

HI EVERYONE!

I miss all of my girlfriends.

I'm getting so burned out with these classes. Well, not so much the classes, but all the writing. I mean it's writing, and writing, and more writing. I may as well be in a graduate journalism program, because that's what it feel like. When will the essay insanity STOP!

I haven't had time to do the dishes, or the laundry, or plan my boys' birthdays', or shave my legs. I sometimes think the amount of reading and work involved is a bit......over the top. Do I sound down? I am. As I said, I'm just burned out right now. It makes me want to cry.

Anyway, I wish I had time to catch up with all of my home girls. Big hugs to everyone!

Goodbye..........until I get another 5 minute breather.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #1376
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Thanks for the info on BB. I think I'm leaning more toward the Character Breakfast with my mom but maybe DBF and I will eat ay BB on Saturday.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #1377
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
My mom has her Dr. appointment tomorrow in Denver so we'll know more about her thyroid. I've been reading all I can find about thyroid cancer and I guess if you have to have a cancer that is the better one to have...I would rather there was NO cancer in the world and I hope someday in our lifetime there is a cure! I've lost a very good friend to breast cancer and my cousin lost her husband to cancer. I am trying to stay optimistic for my mom until we hear more tomorrow.

I know I've missed a lot of people but please know that regardless if things are good or bad I'm thinking of you all!

to everyone!!
My neighbor across the street had thyroid cancer 25+ years ago--she has to take daily medication but otherwise does great (and she's in her early 70's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
HI EVERYONE!

I'm getting so burned out with these classes. Well, not so much the classes, but all the writing. I mean it's writing, and writing, and more writing. I may as well be in a graduate journalism program, because that's what it feel like. When will the essay insanity STOP!

I haven't had time to do the dishes, or the laundry, or plan my boys' birthdays', or shave my legs. I sometimes think the amount of reading and work involved is a bit......over the top. Do I sound down? I am. As I said, I'm just burned out right now. It makes me want to cry.

Anyway, I wish I had time to catch up with all of my home girls. Big hugs to everyone!

Awww--we miss you too--but we're very proud of what you are doing!

Steph: I hope the puppy is better.

Everyone--hope you've had a good day or are having a better evening.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #1378
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post

!!

Quote:
Does anyone know if I can use my birthday ticket toward the price of an annual pass? I plan on buying one (my first ever ) but it would be nice to knock $69 off the price.

Next question is does anyone know if there is a vegitarian option at Blue Bayou? My mom and I are going to Disneyland on the 13th and I want to take her to Blue Bayou but I don't know if there's anything she would eat there if not then I want to do a character dinning but which is a good one, most likely will be breakfast and how much do they cost?

Yes, I did it this year! Bring the email confirmation about your b-day because it makes it go easier. Tell the gal at the ticket booth what you want to do and they'll make it happen. Then you go to the bank at the circle before Main st to have your photo taken. The bank tends to be crowded early because of all the b-day people, but it will thin out later on. You must go at some point during the day before it closes.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1379
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you ladies so much. It's so wonderful to have you all here to listen.

I feel helpless. I can only do so much and it doesn't seem like enough. I guess especially by now we were expecting things to get better and they're really not.
I'll always be here to listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
HI EVERYONE!

I know how you feel about classes! I actually love writing essays... I'd be over it if I did them all of the time though.

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #1380
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. Just found out I get an additonal day off. These mandatory days are eating away at my PTO.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: