Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #616
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear

I just checked my ebay ..... are you ready.... $607 in profit just in the last week. Are you KIDDING ME?! Can you say J-A-C-K-P-O-T?!
\

WOOHOO!!! Wow, that is fabulous!!

I've no idea how to sell anything on ebay, but it sure sounds like a way to make a little extra (forget extra lol) cash. Is it complicated? I don't do complicated!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #617
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Good Morning ladies!!

Well I have one busy week coming up.

Today, I'm fixing dinner for needy children that our church helps feed 2 times a week. We also help them with their homework. Dave and I are going to feed them hamburgers and the fixins. So Costco.........here I come. Pick up youngest DD and do the transfer thing again for HS. She has Spirit Week, and she made all the tyedye Tshirts for it. I made cheap sweatbands for the boys, and polkadot bows for the girls.

Next, I have to finish up one more apron. Have already finished 2 of them.

Finish planting some flowers, and doing some transplants.

Help in my oldest DD's classroom.

Watch, my Grandsons.

Get ready for a graduation party at our house.

Buy 2 baby gifts and cards.

Pick my Sister up from the train station.

Get ready for our trip.

And a bunch of stuff in between, that I won't bore you with any longer.

I'm getting stressed, that I'm going to run out of time.

Story of my life.

To those who need a hug............here's one for you. To Amy, Stacie, Katie, Cristabel and Kelly (Shane) and all earthquake ladies!!

Beth, the balls look great. I wish I had time to try them. Oh well...........they will just have to wait!

Brigette!!! Score for you!!

Christine, I have no idea about ebay either. Once again......you are not alone!

To all the other ladies out there. Hi!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #618
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

No way, Jose. I want it to be during the day. Something about them at night is even scarier.
That was the horrible thing about the Northridge one. Could we be any more vulnerable than when we're asleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's what I did the second time around and the drizzle came out much nicer, not all funky. The carrot cake ones I made I dipped in white coating, and sprinkled with nuts, then drizzled cream cheese frosting over that. Just a touch, not too much. And I think they looked good.
I sent two of the five flavors in with Ruben today, so we'll see what everyone says.

Dang, I need to look around for something to sell now.
:
Ball girls -- you might want to try taking a sheet of wax paper or even a clean sheet of paper, you can make a cone shape and tape it. That gives you more control than a soft plastic bag.

Bridgette: What on earth did you list to sell?
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #619
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Hmmm. We've been trying to come up with a name for the Vegas girls--maybe the DisBall Girls?

Hmmm. . . . maybe not.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #620
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Beth those "balls" looked heavenly. When I was at time trials a week or two ago (can't remember now LOL) but anyway a gal brought these Oreo truffles (she called them) but I bet they were like your cake balls and they were heavenly! So I can only imagine. Yours look to die for. Of course they sound like WAY too much work for me. I am so not into cooking. For me the extent of my cooking is opening up a package and sticking it into the microwave LOL.

I USED to be into cooking and baking but as you know I have WAY too much on my plate nowadays so I can't deal with anything else. But MAN do those look awesome. Nice job!!

And Amy Sue I agree with the others. I think you are ok but prayers just in case!

Prayers to you too Cristabl!!

Thanks Mel for your prayers! Good luck with all that is on your plate. You are one busy gal!! WHEW!

I am just sitting here at work. Got all my stuff done so just waiting on mom to get done so we can go to lunch.

Anywho it looks like tomorrow night the girls are having some kind of art show at school so we may skip swim to go to it. I hate to miss seeing all their artwork. It seems like we have to miss so much because of swim. IF Shelby has her performance at school and it happens to NOT be on the same day as the team pics and the church deal we may skip swim again for it cuz I hate for her to miss it. We went last year and it was really cute. Although since school is over in 3 weeks I doubt they are doing it since it seems they would be practicing by now.

I hate to say it but I hope they AREN'T since I would hate to miss it.

Anyway that's it for me for now. Carry on.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #621
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Is it time for lunch yet?

I just caught up, so I'll try to recap. sorry if I miss anybody, but my memory is fading in this heat.

Beth--Your balls look delish!

Stacie--Sorry about the mess up with your final. What a waste of time for you!

Amy Sue--You're awesome! I'm sure your job will be fine, your new boss will see what an asset you are to the practice, and you will get a big, fat raise!

Earthquake Girls--Glad you're ok

Cristabel--Good luck with your finances. I know that it seems like a lot of debt, but your college education is an investment in your future.

Oh, and Sarah--I think you were the one who was talking about bejeweled blitz? Well, I'm totally hooked, and my eyes hurt!!!!!

So I didn't have time to make the cake balls this weekend, but I did make strawberry pizza, brownies and banana muffins.

I also learned what it's like to be a single parent, and I salute you all!!!!! I had four kids, two dogs, three soccer games all over town. Then yesterday we packed up a huge picnic and headed out to Big Basin to greet the hikers. It was really hot there, whick is unusual for that area, but we had a fun time.

Now I have a ridiculously busy week ahead of me, so I probably won't have much time to chat. So I hope everybody has a great week!!! I'll check in when I can.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #622
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!! Monday again.

I cannot believe my kids only have two and a half weeks of school left. And then begins the long, so long, unbelievably long, hot summer.

Hope you are all having a good morning! Talk to ya later.
Consider yourself lucky! My son just had his last final, so he's done! Then graduation is this Friday. Allyson has an awards ceremony tomorrow morning, then she's done. Her 8th grade promotion is this Wednesday. So it's summer here!!! And with the temp supposed to hit 107 today, it's definitely here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hmmm. We've been trying to come up with a name for the Vegas girls--maybe the DisBall Girls?

Hmmm. . . . maybe not.
Um, nope! Gotta think of something else!!

We had a great time at Disneyland last weekend, although never did get to meet up with Michelle. Donna came and hung out with us on Thursday for most of the afternoon. I was glad the park closed at 8 (Grad night) because I was pretty tired after driving for almost 6 hours. And I knew we were getting up early the next day. Hit the parks all day Friday, 9am-11pm!! We had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for Christine's 20th birthday, and surprised her with some of her friends from college! But that's expensive, paying for 11 people!!! It was definitely a long day, but we made GREAT use of the fastpass system!! Saturday, I met up with Cheryl at about 8:30am, had coffee and just people watched for awhile, went on 4-5 rides then had lunch at Cafe Orleans. YUM!! And sat and talked for quite awhile. We left at around 1, I think. I was getting tired so I went back to the hotel to take a nap and they hadn't cleaned my room yet. I sat by the pool for about an hour and went back and they had just started. I had something I had to return to DL so I went back to the park. You know how you are walking in and kind of looking at people but not really? Well, I was walking in and it was one of those double takes. I saw people, then I looked again and it was Dawn and her hubby! They had just finished the Napa Rose cooking thing, which sounded SO cool! We talked for a few minutes then they left and I went in the park. Her hair looks so sexy! And I'm glad I got to see her, I knew they were there, but didn't think I'd run into anyone, other than Cheryl and Donna, so it was a nice surprise. After that, I went back to the hotel and napped, watched TV, and basically did nothing. I thought about going back to the park, but didn't feel like going by myself. Guess I should have called Stacie!! The kids all stayed at the college so I got some good sleep. We had lunch the next day, then drove back home last night. It was a quick 4 days!! Guess my next trip will be in July for a couple of birthdays!! Oh, and I hit the warehouse store on the way out and found the BEST gift for me!!! They had ONE of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Lands Print Sets by Shag. I LOVE those, and was so jealous when Cheryl got a set last year. I called hubby and he said, "if that's what makes you happy..." Of course!!! So I now have a set!!! They are so cool, I can't wait to get them framed and hung up.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #623
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Oh, and I hit the warehouse store on the way out and found the BEST gift for me!!! They had ONE of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Lands Print Sets by Shag. I LOVE those, and was so jealous when Cheryl got a set last year. I called hubby and he said, "if that's what makes you happy..." Of course!!! So I now have a set!!! They are so cool, I can't wait to get them framed and hung up.
LOL--so you DID get it! When I got your text I was laughing to myself. If you haven't gotten them framed by the time you come in July you'll have to come by the office and see mine. Of course, it only took me a year to get mine framed . . . .

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #624
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hello! We are back from the cruise and we had so much fun! I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. Trying to get caught up at work right now.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #625
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
So I didn't have time to make the cake balls this weekend, but I did make strawberry pizza, brownies and banana muffins.
Oooo, lady, what's in strawberry pizza?

Our city just had the strawberry festival this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Hello! We are back from the cruise and we had so much fun! I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. Trying to get caught up at work right now.
Glad you had a safe and fun trip! Can't wait to see pics!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #626
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hmmm. . . . maybe not.
Lets try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
We had a great time at Disneyland last weekend, although never did get to meet up with Michelle. Donna came and hung out with us on Thursday for most of the afternoon. I was glad the park closed at 8 (Grad night) because I was pretty tired after driving for almost 6 hours. And I knew we were getting up early the next day. Hit the parks all day Friday, 9am-11pm!! We had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for Christine's 20th birthday, and surprised her with some of her friends from college! But that's expensive, paying for 11 people!!! It was definitely a long day, but we made GREAT use of the fastpass system!! Saturday, I met up with Cheryl at about 8:30am, had coffee and just people watched for awhile, went on 4-5 rides then had lunch at Cafe Orleans. YUM!! And sat and talked for quite awhile. We left at around 1, I think. I was getting tired so I went back to the hotel to take a nap and they hadn't cleaned my room yet. I sat by the pool for about an hour and went back and they had just started. I had something I had to return to DL so I went back to the park. You know how you are walking in and kind of looking at people but not really? Well, I was walking in and it was one of those double takes. I saw people, then I looked again and it was Dawn and her hubby! They had just finished the Napa Rose cooking thing, which sounded SO cool! We talked for a few minutes then they left and I went in the park. Her hair looks so sexy! And I'm glad I got to see her, I knew they were there, but didn't think I'd run into anyone, other than Cheryl and Donna, so it was a nice surprise. After that, I went back to the hotel and napped, watched TV, and basically did nothing. I thought about going back to the park, but didn't feel like going by myself. Guess I should have called Stacie!! The kids all stayed at the college so I got some good sleep. We had lunch the next day, then drove back home last night. It was a quick 4 days!! Guess my next trip will be in July for a couple of birthdays!! Oh, and I hit the warehouse store on the way out and found the BEST gift for me!!! They had ONE of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Lands Print Sets by Shag. I LOVE those, and was so jealous when Cheryl got a set last year. I called hubby and he said, "if that's what makes you happy..." Of course!!! So I now have a set!!! They are so cool, I can't wait to get them framed and hung up.
You should have called me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Oooo, lady, what's in strawberry pizza?

Our city just had the strawberry festival this weekend...

Glad you had a safe and fun trip! Can't wait to see pics!!!
One of the cities near by is having their Strawberry fest this weekend. Its pretty big.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #627
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:

Hmmm. . . . maybe not.

umm....

Mel~ Sounds like a busy week! That is great about making dinner for the kids.

Stacie~ Sounds like you had a great weekend. I just love Dawns hair! She sent me a picture of her, DH & little Churro.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #628
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
AmySue ~ How unfair not to let the staff know. So wrong.
Kinda. But I can see why they wouldn't alert staff that they are selling. Especially if they are told that the staff would be kept. Most practices would would without the owner, but not the staff. They staff is what people keep coming back too. And if they are told ahead of time, they might quit and leave the practice hanging, which could hurt the sale and the others' jobs. Its not uncommon to not tell staff. Prior to health care I worked in a very different field, but it was customer driven. When the owner sold, no one was told till the new owner was ready to take over. We were shocked, but really nothing changed since they kept the entire staff. If we knew the owner was looking to sell, some might have left and taken clients with them. Not sure what could be gained by telling them ahead of time.

Quote:
Holding your hand!! But not in a creepy way.
Hang in there. It's natural to be concerned but it's out of your hands, and like Stacie said what happens, happens. Just hope for the best, and I'm sure it's going to be fine. Everything happens for a reason.
Creepy is fine....just not inapporpriate.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #629
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

It's already 12:39 and I haven't gotten any of my chores done yet (aside from making my bed).

We got up at 8am to take Anais to school and after that, Diana and I went to Target to scan stuff for our graduation gift lists.

We came back home, changed and went to the gym. I got home around 11:45 and ate lunch (spaghetti!) and now I'm here.
I'm already tired!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #630
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
\

WOOHOO!!! Wow, that is fabulous!!

I've no idea how to sell anything on ebay, but it sure sounds like a way to make a little extra (forget extra lol) cash. Is it complicated? I don't do complicated!
No it isn't complicated at all. They make it so easy these days. Probably the trickiest thing to do would be setting up a paypal account if you don't have one already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Bridgette: What on earth did you list to sell?
I used to be a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! If you've never heard of it... it's a company like Mary Kay or Pampered Chef only for rubber stamps and craft supplies. The scrapbookers love it. My ex's mom got me into it awhile back and I tried really hard to make a business of it. I would have done a fantastic job if I hadn't been a full time art student. It got old. Such is life. So now I'm selling my spoils on ebay and making a fortune! We aren't remembering how much I invested in the beginning.... we're just watching the numbers grow now!

I still have 4 days left on those auctions too! The # is $750 and growing
Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: