Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #601
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I'm with Stacie--this may actually be a good thing. Question--why was the buyer's Dad there? do you know who the buyer is?
When the practice my mother works for (granted its a dental office, but still) the doctor who bought the practice brought her DH and her parents to check things out. Just to make sure they caught things that she may not have.

Who knows, maybe the new owner of the practice is youngerish and doesn't have that SO to help them with things. So dad might be along just to catch things that they may not have.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #602
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I'm with Stacie--this may actually be a good thing. Question--why was the buyer's Dad there? do you know who the buyer is?

You know, I don't know why the buyers dad was there instead of the buyer. Maybe daddy is helping pay? (Major high purchase price). I don't personally know the buyer, know of him. Way way way younger than me. Has some specialty training, but didn't pursue. Currently has a job and does mobile ultrasound on the side.

And yes, I would love some management....the other long term vet will freak as she has done things the way she has wanted forever, and doesn't follow any manner of policy/rule EVER!!! I am such a rule follower, like them, follow them and am truly disappointed in other people who don't. I blame my rule following persona on growing up with a bipolar/paranoid father!!

But thank you for your support. Again, trying to not freak, but until we meet with the new owner, can't help but panic a bit, fear of the unknown!!

AmySue
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #603
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Downgraded to 4.7 now.
Interesting.. I read now that it was in Lennox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
You know, I don't know why the buyers dad was there instead of the buyer. Maybe daddy is helping pay? (Major high purchase price). I don't personally know the buyer, know of him. Way way way younger than me. Has some specialty training, but didn't pursue. Currently has a job and does mobile ultrasound on the side.

And yes, I would love some management....the other long term vet will freak as she has done things the way she has wanted forever, and doesn't follow any manner of policy/rule EVER!!! I am such a rule follower, like them, follow them and am truly disappointed in other people who don't. I blame my rule following persona on growing up with a bipolar/paranoid father!!

But thank you for your support. Again, trying to not freak, but until we meet with the new owner, can't help but panic a bit, fear of the unknown!!

AmySue
I'm another one virtually holding your hand.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #604
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Interesting..

I'm another one virtually holding your hand.
Thank you!!!!

A.S.
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #605
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have lived here for 13 years and still haven't felt an earthquake. It isn't that we haven't had one, I apparently am too much off on my own planet to notice a little earth shaking. We've never had a big one, but everyone at work will be talking about it, and nope.....didn't notice a thing.

What does that mean about me?

I guess I am telling you guys since I really need some hand-holding!!

AMySue
I want to live on the planet you live... (hate quakes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Interesting.. I read now that it was in Lennox.
Yup. Two aftershocks...
The tv is asking... are you quake ready?
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #606
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Good evening ladies. Went on an unplanned trip to Disneyland today and I'm tired.

I didn't feel the earthquake. What time was it at .

Beth~ Wow, you're really getting into making cake balls. They look yummy.

Amy~ Hope everything turns out okay with the new owners .

Bridgette~ Great ebay sales . Extra cash is always good.

Well I'm beat so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 AM   #607
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I was trying to catch up but then firefox crashed and I don't remember what page I was on!

Hi everyone! It's super late but it's too hot to go to sleep!
Any new plans been established that haven't hit the front page yet?

So since I'm seriously in debt and I don't have any reoccurring income, I think it might be best if I don't get my AP again until my birthday, November 2nd. That way some of the AP cost will go down with the free ticket. That is unless I get a summer job and I really hope I do, even if it is at stinky Magic Mountain.

I'm going to start ChaCha'ing full force starting this Monday because I recently learned that I overdrafted It's just one thing after another isnt it?

I also learned that I'll be in 25k to 30k of debt when I graduate from CSUF. I better get a really good paying job or that debt will be haunting me for the rest of my life!

Any money I get from ChaCha will be put towards my CC debt & gas for my car, nothing else. No movies. No Disneyland. No eating out. NO FUN.

Prayers are greatly appreciated!

But I'm definitely not even doubting the fact that I WILL be going to our 3rd Girls' only trip. That is DEFINITELY going to happen, one way or another.

Well I'm off to bed, to try to go to sleep before I wake up to take my little sister to school and after that Diana and I are going to Target to scan things for our graduation gift lists.

Good night/ morning.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #608
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all. Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. My mom and dad were actually home all weekend so I was off with them. Plus having to deal with Shane and the back so I was busy with that. Michelle if you see this sorry I didn't see your call until late Saturday night. I will call you today .

We just watched our videos on Saturday and I was beat from the parade so while the girls were watching Australia I passed out. I was SO hot and tired I fell asleep and then I woke up when it was time to go to dinner. Shane decided he wanted to go, which I thought was a bit crazy but in a way I think he is playing it up a bit. Don't get me wrong I think he DID hurt his back but I think he is def playing the role LOL. When I catch him when he doesn't realize I am watching he seems to get around better then when he knows people are watching. Then the ohs and ahhs come out LOL.

But anyway then yesterday since my parents are NEVER home mom and I took the girls shopping and then Shane said he wanted to try and take them to the movies since we didn't get to go Friday night so we went and saw Star Trek. He said it really hurt his back to sit in the seats though so I don't know but we all did enjoy the movie.

Then of course last night we just made it home in time to see Survivor. I was really happy with who won but of course I won't say in case someone hasn't watched it yet.

Now today I have to go in to work and mom and I MAY try to run to AAA today and get some advice on a hotel cuz we are still having a hard time trying to figure out the best place to go.

Anyway then tonight of course is swim again and then wed I finally am going to my new dentist. I am a bit nervous about it cuz it is not exactly in the best location. We had to swtich because our old one stopped taking our insurance. I really LOVED our old one and so did the kids but we couldn't afford to keep going if they didn't take our insurance SOOO we shall see.

Otherwise nothing else going on for the week. And the weekend just depends on Shane. I have to talk to Michelle but it all depends on how he feels at this point.

Anyway that's it for me. Hope everyone has a great day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #609
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Morning girls!
Amy Sue~ I agree with Stacie.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #610
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Morning ladies. Got a crazy busy week starting. Hope everyone has a great day!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #611
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Morning!

Heard about the earthquake a few minutes ago and logged on right away to see if everyone here is okay - thank goodness you are all safe.

AmySue ~ How unfair not to let the staff know. So wrong.

From what I've been reading, I agree you are very likely safe. Your experience, client following (which equals dollars, but also reputation for the practice) and being part time make you a very valuable asset.

Will be thinking of you and sending loads of support.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #612
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Yup. Two aftershocks...
The tv is asking... are you quake ready?
No way, Jose. I want it to be during the day. Something about them at night is even scarier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I was trying to catch up but then firefox crashed and I don't remember what page I was on!

Hi everyone! It's super late but it's too hot to go to sleep!
Any new plans been established that haven't hit the front page yet?

So since I'm seriously in debt and I don't have any reoccurring income, I think it might be best if I don't get my AP again until my birthday, November 2nd. That way some of the AP cost will go down with the free ticket. That is unless I get a summer job and I really hope I do, even if it is at stinky Magic Mountain.

I'm going to start ChaCha'ing full force starting this Monday because I recently learned that I overdrafted It's just one thing after another isnt it?

I also learned that I'll be in 25k to 30k of debt when I graduate from CSUF. I better get a really good paying job or that debt will be haunting me for the rest of my life!

Any money I get from ChaCha will be put towards my CC debt & gas for my car, nothing else. No movies. No Disneyland. No eating out. NO FUN.

Prayers are greatly appreciated!

But I'm definitely not even doubting the fact that I WILL be going to our 3rd Girls' only trip. That is DEFINITELY going to happen, one way or another.

Well I'm off to bed, to try to go to sleep before I wake up to take my little sister to school and after that Diana and I are going to Target to scan things for our graduation gift lists.

Good night/ morning.
I hope everything gets better, Cristabel. I'll say prayers for you.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #613
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

I put my melted chocolate in a ziplock baggie, close it, snip a corner, and squeeze. You have to be sure that you cut the corner very small. More will come out than you think!
That's what I did the second time around and the drizzle came out much nicer, not all funky. The carrot cake ones I made I dipped in white coating, and sprinkled with nuts, then drizzled cream cheese frosting over that. Just a touch, not too much. And I think they looked good.
I sent two of the five flavors in with Ruben today, so we'll see what everyone says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post

I just checked my ebay ..... are you ready.... $607 in profit just in the last week. Are you KIDDING ME?! Can you say J-A-C-K-P-O-T?!
That's awesome!!
Dang, I need to look around for something to sell now.

Quote:
I guess I am telling you guys since I really need some hand-holding!!

AMySue
Holding your hand!! But not in a creepy way.
Hang in there. It's natural to be concerned but it's out of your hands, and like Stacie said what happens, happens. Just hope for the best, and I'm sure it's going to be fine. Everything happens for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Beth~ Wow, you're really getting into making cake balls. They look yummy.
You got me hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
It's just one thing after another isnt it?
Yes, it is. But you'll be ok. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Then of course last night we just made it home in time to see Survivor. I was really happy with who won but of course I won't say in case someone hasn't watched it yet.
I was happy too!!!! And I was cracking up over the last challenge.........MORE BALLS!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #614
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning ladies!! Monday again.

I cannot believe my kids only have two and a half weeks of school left. And then begins the long, so long, unbelievably long, hot summer.

Hope you are all having a good morning! Talk to ya later.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #615
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hi all! Zoe and I went to DLR yesterday with friends. It took FOREVER to get into the parking structure, though the crowds didn't seem as bad to me as the parking was. We had a fun time. Different, as my friend has a boy with Aspergers, much more sensitive than Ethan, so we had to think things out alot more and respond to his issues. But, a great day. Though (egads!) Zoe didn't get to go on BTRR, so that was the end of the world! We had lunch at La Brea Bakery, which I thought was really enjoyable. Then we went to Sonic for dinner.

Amy, I'm so sorry about the drama. I have faith that you will land on your feet, but I'm cyber hand holding!

Cristabel, sending you hugs. I know how hard it can be with finances.
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: