Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #2926
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I'm a bit of a wimp too, dh and I have been together since gr.12 and do everything together.
Aw, that's sweet. I met my husband when I was 13, we were friends until age 16, started dating and were married 5 years later. It's rare to find any "high school sweethearts" these days.

Becci, I will list you and Patty as full. Tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son. It's good she listened to her mother's intuition and insisted they test him. I will say prayers for him and her both.

Night ladies!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #2927
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Prayers to Tracey's friend and her son--just thank God they caught it--always trust a Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Your day sounds so fun! I have never been to Pinks but really want to go and have heard so much about it!

I saw that on KTLA yesterday too and now I really want to go there too.
Hmmmm. Maybe we need to schedule a Diva Day!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 AM   #2928
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
When are your birthdays? Mine is March 2! I'm a bit of a wimp too, dh and I have been together since gr.12 and do everything together.
Woo hoo!!! See, it's totally meant to be...... We share a b-day, so how can you not go then?? Celebrate with Mickey and a bunch of cool Divas We'll make sure we have one heck of a partay
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #2929
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Aarrrrrrgggggghhhh

I had this great multi-quote going, got up to let the dogs in, my cats romped across the keyboard and pffffftttttt it was gone.

I am sure I was witty and compassionate and darn interesting. The moment is gone.

I never seem to get on here anymore, but have tried to keep up.

January--I am so sorry for what you have gone through. It will be all up from finding out about the cheat. For me, that is not forgiveable either!! Loser jerk!!!

Sarah (I think that that is MotoPrincess, yes?)--congrats on the kitties. I think everyone should have 1, 2, 3, cats. I have four.

I knew 4 kitties in one household at one point in my veterinary career. 3 were all white, Snowy, Blizzard, Icey. The one grey cat was named SLush!! My favorite group names ever. This was in Ohio, so more appropriate. I give my kitties people names, but pick ones you like!!

Beth...I had heard the story of you high school sweet heart thing before. Awwwww. It's all I have to say. I met my DH when I was 35, and I am not sure I can picture the face of the boy I dated in high school.

BC disney Lover....you should not be afraid. Most of us are totally normal-ish. I came to the first meet and shared a room with 3 complete strangers...and came back the second year for more. (5 to the room this time). If you are able to make the meet and greet, I will help break the ice for you!!

Kelly--your life makes me tired. I have no drama at the moment...except the job thing...you are amazing.

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your friend's son. Thank goodness so many inroads and advances have been made in juvenile diabetes.

Anyone else that I missed, sorry...oh, Steph, sounds fun!!!

Going to bed you lovely ladies!!\

AmySUe
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #2930
lisadoll93
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to the Wonderful Divas!!!!!!!!!!

It is sooo hot here and I cant stand it. I am afaid to see my PG&E bill

My baby is turning 7 tomorrow. Where does the time go? I am happy with the wonderful, beautiful young lady she is turning out to be but I want my baby back.

Ooh, went and saw Harry Potter last night. It was good, sad, and exciting.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #2931
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning, ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Aw, that's sweet. I met my husband when I was 13, we were friends until age 16, started dating and were married 5 years later. It's rare to find any "high school sweethearts" these days.
Beth, you and your husband have such a cute story.

My parents are high school sweethearts. They started dating at 16 and got married a year after my Mom graduated high school (my Dad is 3 years older). They were married for 2 years, got divorced. They were divorced for 10 years () and somehow met again and started dating. They got married again and 2 years later had me! Within those 10 years neither of them got remarried or had children.

DBF and I have been dating since we were 16. Wow, where'd the time go? It will be 6 years next month.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #2932
katieandmattsmom
Mouseketeer

So my son's birthday is February 27th and he has given me permission to be gone on his birthday so I am going to have to have something great planned while I am gone. It is probally harder on me then him on missing his 13th birthday.
katieandmattsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #2933
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Wow you gals were gabby yesterday!!!! I read early morning yesterday & had to go back 5 pages!!!!!

So many things going on with everyone......good & bad.....I'm enjoying living the fun stuff with you & praying & sending hugs for the sadder news.

I'm frustrated with our "unknown"......I'm up way too early & stay up late, I'm stressing out about Mike not finding work (so hard to do when you don't live in the town you're applying too) which means we can't find a rental....gotta have work to rent. It's an endless cycle!! The 8 & 3 yr old are always fighting......guess they're picking up on my stress level....but its like they're going out of their way to argue & hit each other. The twins are keeping me on my toes.....Shyann's into everything & putting everything in her mouth & poor little Michayla just keeps drooling & drooling....can't keep her in bibs & dry clothes.

I feel overwhelmed, as at times, I feel like I'm the only one trying to balance everything. Mike keeps trying to find work...but doesn't get too excited about it.......GET EXCITED MIKE!!! Phew, that actually felt kinda good!!

Well enough whining on my end, there are people with much worse problems then me. I'm just getting tired of living on the merry-go-round & I'd like to get off......I'm already "blondish" & now I'm just plain dizzy!!!

TO BC DISNEY LOVER: I'm a newbie this year as well......you can't help but feel like you're with friends here. Got the opportunity to meet a few in March during our family trip (coincided with the Girls Trip) & couldn't wait to start looking forward to next years trip. Jump in & you'll feel at home!! By the way....what's your first name??? Mine's Laurie
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #2934
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I am at my friends house babysitting her 1 and 3 year old. Some of you have read my pretrip report about my friend and I taking our little guys to DL in October. Her 5 year old is my 6 year olds BFF. Well two days ago he really stopped eating, and was very thirsty and starting going to the potty like every 30 minutes, and then wet the bed last night. My friend is very intuitive and she was very worried, so she took him to the doctors today. After insisting that they test him, they found out that his glucose was like 1000 (normal is under 100) and they said it looks like he has juvenile diabetes. So they sent him to Children's Hospital as soon as they could get it set up and they are there now trying to figure out what they need to do to help him. I am so sad for them. I know it is hard on him being stuck with needles and stressful and scary for my friend. So any thoughts or prayers would be much appreciated.
I'm so VERY glad your friend followed her instinct. I used to work at a camp for kids with JoD and only one of the hundreds of kids that I met over the years had been diagnosed without a very traumatic diagnosis. Like convulsions/diabetes induced coma, etc. And they typically do have warning signs just like what you said. When you were describing them, I was like "gotta tell her to tell her friend to test for diabetes", and then you were telling us that she already did. I'm so sorry for the diagnosis, but glad she got it before anything more traumatic happened. Hugs to all of you!
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #2935
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hey, I posted this on the Oct mini-meet, thought I should maybe post it here, though, just in case.

For those who are going to RFC tonight, please give my regrets. I had everything all planned so I could be there, and then Zoe got sick overnight. DH won't be back in time for me to make it to dinner. I was bummed, I was needing a bit of pixie magic. Had to cancel our MN trip for next month and am stressed studying for the exam. There's just so much CA specific law to understand! Anyway, I'm sorry I won't make it. Give Bridgette a hug from me!
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #2936
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I also have the Dumbo 2 free nights when you buy 3, and I swear, I'm SOOOOOO tempted to book it. Not just because it's a great deal if you want to stay onsite, but also because if I pay for it on our Disney Visa, we get 6 months at 0% interest, so it gives us a little more time to pay it off. Of course, even if we stayed at the lowly Paradise Pier (kidding, we love the Paradise Pier, but it seems others view it as being the low end for Disneyland hotels), it would still cost us about $230 more for our vacation than if we stayed at the HOJO with the Entertainment rate.

But, we would get six extra months to pay it off.....hmmmmm. What to do?
I say go with Paradise Pier. You'll get early entry on a few days. And $230 really isn't much now and days and you you'll be able to make payments over 6 months (I'm just trying to enable you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG! It's my theme song!
Mine Too!!! I sing it in my head almost everyday. When it comes on the radio while driving, I blast it & my kids look at me like I'm nuts when I bust out singing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I am at my friends house babysitting her 1 and 3 year old. Some of you have read my pretrip report about my friend and I taking our little guys to DL in October. Her 5 year old is my 6 year olds BFF. Well two days ago he really stopped eating, and was very thirsty and starting going to the potty like every 30 minutes, and then wet the bed last night. My friend is very intuitive and she was very worried, so she took him to the doctors today. After insisting that they test him, they found out that his glucose was like 1000 (normal is under 100) and they said it looks like he has juvenile diabetes. So they sent him to Children's Hospital as soon as they could get it set up and they are there now trying to figure out what they need to do to help him. I am so sad for them. I know it is hard on him being stuck with needles and stressful and scary for my friend. So any thoughts or prayers would be much appreciated.
Your friends son is in my prayers. It's good she followed her instincts before things got worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hmmmm. Maybe we need to schedule a Diva Day!
I'm in! I lover farmers markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoll93 View Post
My baby is turning 7 tomorrow. Where does the time go? I am happy with the wonderful, beautiful young lady she is turning out to be but I want my baby back.

Ooh, went and saw Harry Potter last night. It was good, sad, and exciting.
Happy birthday to your baby . And yes time flies. I always look and my son and wondered when he turned into a man .

I want to go see Harry Potter, but I want to wait until the opening week crowds die down. I happy to hear it's good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandmattsmom View Post
So my son's birthday is February 27th and he has given me permission to be gone on his birthday so I am going to have to have something great planned while I am gone. It is probally harder on me then him on missing his 13th birthday.
At that age as long as they get money & gifts they are cool with anything else.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #2937
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
For those who are going to RFC tonight, please give my regrets. I had everything all planned so I could be there, and then Zoe got sick overnight. DH won't be back in time for me to make it to dinner. I was bummed, I was needing a bit of pixie magic. Had to cancel our MN trip for next month and am stressed studying for the exam. There's just so much CA specific law to understand! Anyway, I'm sorry I won't make it. Give Bridgette a hug from me!

I'm so sorry to hear Zoe is sick. It's a shame you won't be there but I'll give Bridgette your regrets. Thanks for letting us know.

Everyone, have a great day.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #2938
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Some of you may remember a few days ago I mentioned that my sisters MIL had a heart attack and I was watching my nephews a lot.

Well she passed away . It is very sad & I could hardly understand my sister when she called at 1am. The bad part is the hospital sent her home yesterday eventhough she had only been out of ICU for less than a day & my sister didn't understand why they sent her home because they weren't even done with all the testing and she didn't look well.

Eventhough she wasn't related to me she did more for me and my kids than a lot of my family members. She was a very friendly, giving & generous lady and died too young. My kids are upset right now because they just don't believe it and are really mad at the hospital.

My sister is having a hard time because she was VERY close to her MIL. It's just hard because all of this was sudden and unexpected.

I'm very tired right now & I'm hoping I will still make it to the meet tonight but things are still up in the air.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #2939
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Tracey - Oooh, that's scary. I'm so glad your friend followed her instincts and got her little guy checked out. I'll be sure to keep them in my prayers.

Laurie - Hang in there sweetie! It sounds like you have your hands full!

Katie - I love the enablers in my life! We need to hang out more!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #2940
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all!

Tracey I am very sorry for you friend! Many prayers to them!! I have known several friends with Juvenille diabletes including my aunt who is now an adult so it CAN be something you can live with but I am glad they found it early and I hope they get it under control! Again prayers!!

Hey how many people from the group will be having birthdays during the meet in Feb?

The reason I ask is because my mom's 65th is on the 26th. At first she almost didn't want to go and I was like WHO better to celebrate with than the Divas!! It sounds like we have quite a few! I am thinking maybe one of the days we should have a group celebration or something. Nothing huge but just something where everyone who IS having a birthday can be recognized since there seems to be so many. I know I remember Deb's was right around that time last year and now Thereasa's and mom's and who knows who elses. It would be fun! Just a thought.

Anyway nothing on my schedule for today except to workout finally. I have had so much on my schedule the last few days I haven't been able to so I am looking forward to that. Plus I have laundry calling my name LOL. Got an e-mail from swim and tonight is the LAST night of practice WOO HOO! Hate to admit it but I am READY to be done. It has been in the 100's here and plus we are just ready to be done! With the fact that we have to leave the house at 5 and don't get home till almost 7 it makes it REALLY hard to eat dinner. IT is almost too early to eat BEFORE swim and then it is hard to eat AFTER cuz we are starving by then. We normally eat right at 5 or 5:30 so it has been really hard. Plus with Shane studying for school RIGHT in the middle of all this and then the whole Lynn situation cropping up it has just been a LOT. Now we have SOCCER! I just got the e-mail today. Soccer starts on Aug 4. The DAY before we leave for D.C. I asked Shane about it and said you are not SERIOUSLY going to go to that practice are you since we have to get up at 3 the next morning and he said yes. CRAZY! We are going to have SO much going on with packing and all and the girls are going to be Whiped out from it being hot and all but he is insisting on it. UGH! Plus I found out one of the tournaments the coach wants to do is during the Oct meet but it can't be helped. That happened to us last year. They wanted to do one during our DW trip. OH WELL! Just TOO much stuff overlapping. But anyway that's bout it for me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day today and take care!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: