Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #271
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
HI ladies!

I have a couple of questions for you. I think we are going with Costco for our ressies. We can get the free character breakfast with it.

So besides Storytellers, what would you suggest? Does Ariel's Grotto still do breakfast? That would be my first choice............I think my Mom and Sisters would love the princesses. Othewise...........are there any other choices that have at least have one princess or maybe Mary Poppins?

Thanks!

Mel
We did Ariel's Grotto for breakfast in March. The breakfast is served family-style & it was very good. We started with a 3 tiered stand with top plate of fresh fruit, middle plate of cream cheeses, cheese & salami & bottom plate of bagels, pastries, breads. They bring out a hot dish full of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon & potatoes. There was plenty & we enjoyed having a nice selection for everyone.

Goofy's sometimes has a princess (but usually just one) & if its not a princess they have Minnie or Alice. I've never seen a princess at Minnie & Friends. The only time I saw Mary Poppins at a meal was in 2005 when the princesses breakfast was held at the Plaza Inn.

I have some pics in my TR if you are interested...let me know & I'll repost them.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #272
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Where is everybody at?
I can't wait for my DH to get home tonight at about 10:30 or so. We are both so excitted about our trip.
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #273
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Where is everybody at?
I can't wait for my DH to get home tonight at about 10:30 or so. We are both so excitted about our trip.
Have a great trip, Dawn! Enjoy all the food and wine events!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #274
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Melody!!!!!!!!!
Big Hugs for You and CheryL my Roomies!

What are you talking about getting at Costco? I might want some too.
Yay roomies!!!

This is the scoop on Costco. With this trip coming up, we are taking advantage of the 5 for 3 trip to DL. We get a room and tickets for the price of 3 days, but are getting 2 more days of room and tickets free. When you go through Costco, it is exactly the same price as Disney's price, except we get free character breakfasts, and a 20.00 gift card. We had orginally had ressies for 4 nights at the Grand with the senior citizen special, and one night at the Park Vue Inn. By doing this special, it is saving us about $500.00+!!! How cool is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
We did Ariel's Grotto for breakfast in March. The breakfast is served family-style & it was very good. We started with a 3 tiered stand with top plate of fresh fruit, middle plate of cream cheeses, cheese & salami & bottom plate of bagels, pastries, breads. They bring out a hot dish full of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon & potatoes. There was plenty & we enjoyed having a nice selection for everyone.

Goofy's sometimes has a princess (but usually just one) & if its not a princess they have Minnie or Alice. I've never seen a princess at Minnie & Friends. The only time I saw Mary Poppins at a meal was in 2005 when the princesses breakfast was held at the Plaza Inn.

I have some pics in my TR if you are interested...let me know & I'll repost them.
I would love to see some pics!! Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #275
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Where is everybody at?
Have a wonderful wonderful time!! And be sure to tell us everything you learned!!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #276
cccdisney
DIS Diva

I don't have the time to read back right now but wanted to stop by and say hi!

I did see Mel's post about the Costco package. We also did the 5 for 3 package through Costco for our upcoming trip on May 30th. We will be upgrading to AP's again while there.
BUT I don't believe Ariel's Grotto is included in the free character meal. Not sure why - remember reading that somewhere and it is not listed on the vouchers you get. They list Minnie's in DL, Storyteller's in GC, Lilo's at PP, and Goofy's at DLH. All for breakfast only. We are doing Goofy's because we haven't done it in years! (I refuse to pay adult price for my dd11 until she starts eating more! )
Hope that helps!

Everyone have a great evening! I will be home all day tomorrow while the workmen are putting our floors in so I will try to catch up on the thread then!

Becci
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #277
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Where is everybody at?
I hope you two have a wonderful time, Dawn! Can't wait to hear about it! : hug:
Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #278
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Just stopping by to say hello. Hope I haven't missed much, I haven't checked the boards in awhile.

We are doing ok here.....just been really busy. Ayden ended up with strep again...4 days after finishing the antibiotic the first time around.

We FINALLY saw the dermatologist yesterday. He was pretty concerned with the mollescum. He prescribed potassium hydrochloride, whatever that is. He gave very strict application rules and said the stuff is pretty strong. Hate putting something like that on my son but this has to get taken care of.

Our lease is up at house....which we LOVE, but I can't stand the property mgmt company. We decided to just look around and we fell in love, I mean IN LOVE with a home that was too good to be true obviously. Anyway all was going great with the application process then the woman emails me today saying she decided to sell. OMG I about died. So now we're submitting an application to #2 on our list...hope that's better news. It's just nice knowing we don't "have" to move so if it falls through we still have a roof over our heads.

Anyway...hope you all are well.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #279
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I'm really looking forward to my birthday trip. DH has his heart set on moving to CA now. We will see what I think. Cheryl, we are now thinking about moving to Irvine, Tustin, or Foothills Ranch. Do you or any other locals have any opinion on those places? I'm hearing that Tustin has the best school for special needs.
Just to let you know.....CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) recently opened up an Autism Resouce center last month. I can't link the article because its "intranet", but I will post it in a separate post just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I know I should be excited but for some reason I'm like down in the dumps today and I don't know why. It sucks. I'm feeling all depressed and I don't really have any reason why but I can't kick it.
I get like that sometimes. Cheer up, you are going on vacation. Have fun, and take pics to make us all jealous.

Quote:
CheryL... i can't stand ryan seacrest.
Every since he was mean to Chris Daughtry when he told him he was going home.. i have No use for ryan seacrest.

So i do like You.. i just FaFiNkA ..clicK online to see who went home.

But tonight is America's Next Top Model Finale! WoooOOOoooHoo.. can't wait to see that..
Who do you think will win ANTM? I'm rooting for Alison at this point. Fo was my fave though.

Oh, and Ryan Seacrest can suck it.

Quote:

All you can eat right? I may take my dad there next week. He is a really big eater.

Quote:
Where is everybody at?
I'm excited for you. Have fun!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #280
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Heather

Here is the article about the autism resource center.

O.C.'s first autism resource center opens Thursday
April 19, 2009

From The Orange County Register

Family Autism Network pulls together existing services and volunteers.
By SAM MILLER - The Orange County Register

The move from west Los Angeles to Irvine was supposed to be an escape for Barbara Forkish, who was tired of fighting, plotting and negotiating to get services for her two sons with autism spectrum disorder.

But Irvine was no easier for Forkish: "I was stuck, like what do I do? Providers were very difficult to find and get. Your insurers battle you for every service. And you first get the diagnosis and you feel like you're the only one in the world. It took basically three years to put together a team for my children."

As the rate of children diagnosed with autism - more than one in 70 Orange County kindergarten students in 2007 - continues to rise, many parents find it harder than ever to know where to go to for help. Beginning this week, the Family Autism Network will try to ease the burden on parents like Forkish - families new to Orange County, new to autism, or simply beaten down by the obstacles they face trying to get proper care for their children.

The network is a joint effort of three groups: The Grandparents Autism Network, founded by OC grandmother Bonnie Gillman; For OC Kids, a neurodevelopment center operated by Children's Hospital of Orange County and the UCI pediatrics department; and Help Me Grow, a referral service, also run by CHOC and UCI's pediatrics department.

The service immediately found support in the autism community when it was announced at a conference in January. About 100 people volunteered on the spot, and about 15 of those volunteers have been trained and will begin working when the center opens Thursday.

Parents can call Help Me Grow at 866-476-9025 to get a referral to the Family Autism Network, or walk in to the network offices at 1915 W. Orangewood Ave., Suite 200 in Orange. Initial hours will be weekdays from 10 a.m. to noon, and from 1-3 p.m.

"If you came in and sat down with a volunteer, we would give you education information, connect you to parenting classes, tell you places to go to find out about upcoming seminars," said Sara Gardner, the network's director of volunteer services.

"If you're overwhelmed with all the paperwork you have, you can bring it all in and we'll help organize it into an organized binder. Most families have file cabinets worth. You would leave us having ideas of where to go to get what you need. You'd leave organized to be able to handle the information when you go to a meeting, to the doctor, to your school. And you'd know where to get more education for yourself if you wanted it."

Forkish, once so overwhelmed trying to find help, is now one of the volunteers. The "stay-at-home mom who is never at home" will work three hours each Thursday.

"I'm really excited about it," she says. "Having someone tell you that there is hope and that everything is going to be OK is really important. That was important for me, and I want it to be easier for other people who have the same experience."

Contact the writer: sammiller@ocregister.com or 714-796-7884

Family Autism Network
What: Provides information, access to educational opportunities and assistance to connect families affected by autism to needed resources. Collaboration of Grandparents Autism Network, For OC Kids, and Help Me Grow.

When: Opens Thursday, April 23. Walk-in hours are 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. weekdays.

Where: 1915 W. Orangewood Ave., Suite 200, Orange

Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #281
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hey all!!

Dawn, I'm all over the TV tonight, too. ANTM and AI, way too much fun! And, the last two nights were DWTS, too. Next week Bachelorette starts with Jillian, which I'm also looking forward to.

Stacie, the program sounds great. I always like programs for kids that are directly related to a children's hospital. Seems they work together better, have a more holistic approach, PLUS they have a child centric focus much more than any other group.

Anybody going to be at DLR next weekend?
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #282
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Ariel's Grotto:

We never ran out food at Ariel's but I'm assuming if you needed more they would bring out more.....

Okay a few pics:

Hope that helps!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #283
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

I hope everyone is having a good day!
The damn repair guy never came!!

So I have to call and reschedule tomorrow.
I guess the house he was at before mine was taking way too long.
Oh well.....
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #284
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Ariel's Grotto:

We never ran out food at Ariel's but I'm assuming if you needed more they would bring out more.....
OMGosh the food looks so good, I am starving! We've eaten at Ariel's for dinner but not breakfast. Note to self for to do list: Ariel's for Breakfast...yummy!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #285
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
Stacie, the program sounds great. I always like programs for kids that are directly related to a children's hospital. Seems they work together better, have a more holistic approach, PLUS they have a child centric focus much more than any other group.
CHOC actually uses a family centered approach to treating. They don't treat the patient, they treat the family as a whole.

Quote:
Ariel's Grotto:

Okay a few pics:

Hope that helps!!
That looks soooo good. I may have to take my dad there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: