Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #2176
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Brigette, you poor poor thing. You look miserable, and so itchy!! I hope you are feeling up to all of your packing and such. Please please take care, and I hope and pray that those meds are gonna kick in really fast!!

Michelle, sounds like you have a plate full too. I was bitten by a black widow a couple of times a few years ago, and it was horrible. My foot hurt like heck, kept me up at night, and I got sick. I was on all kinds of meds too. I wonder if that is what got you? I hope through all of your busyness,(sp?) you can get in some good studying for your exam. I had no idea you were still going to school. Yikes.............that is one big test to take!! I hope it goes great! Just that you have gotten this far is something to be proud of.

Laurie, I'm sorry you are feeling down in the dumps. But just know that you can always come here and chat to help lift your spirits!!

Heather, I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.

Hi Jane! I'm jealous of you! (I need a pea green smilie. This is a close as I can get. )

Hi to all other divas. Kelly, Linda, Donna, Tina, Courtney, Tracey, Sarah, Katie, Janelle, Vicki. and all others who are missing lately.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #2177
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Thanx for all the happy thoughts!!! I know God has a plan for us, but it sure would be nice to know what it is.........

Sad day today in the entertainment world......people I grew up with have left us.....one that was very ill & needed to finally have some peace.....Farrah Fawcett, but Michael Jackson was a total shocker!!! What a huge loss......CNN actually had someone close to the Jackson's say this may turn out like the Anna Nicole Smith fiasco........ I sure hope not!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #2178
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Hi ladies!!

Been a bit since I checked in.....think I had to go back about 15 pages to scan. Just know that all are in my thoughts......so much going on with everyone!!

Been down in the dumps not knowing what was next for us & tuning into this thread just makes me sadder........ this trip in February is something I really want to do, but something's gonna have to change before then for that to be possible now.

I do think about you all & are sending good wishes to each of you. I'll snap out of this funk & then you won't get me to shut up on here......lol

Peace
Oh Laurie! I'm sorry things are moving at a snails pace and that it's not working out right now. Feb is a long way off. Keep your chin up, you deserve GREAT things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Good morning everyone! I was super busy at work yesterday and didn't have time to check in, but it seems like there is a lot going on with each of you right now, so big hugs all around.

I had the opportunity to see Ka last night with Beth and Theresa and Deb. Originally Amy was supposed to go but had to back out last night so lucky Deb scored a free ticket! We hit the Rainforest Cafe in MGM for a quick bite to eat before the show and then spent 90 breathtaking minutes watching the drama unfold. Seriously, it was fantastic! Afterwards we ran into Stacie(lee) and Marcie and some new friends that they had made while we were at the show. Meanwhile Stacie(rita) and Cheryl were off with Wendy and Dawn having dinner and hanging out at the Orleans.

From the sound of it, Stripper 101 was great as was Tony 'n Tina's wedding the night before.

Today I just popped in to work for a couple hours before I will meet up with everyone down at the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign for pics. Then it is a full day of shopping at the outlets and Town Square before we head over to the Rio for the evening. On deck tonight is Vodoo Lounge for a witch doctor drink, then Righteous Urban Barbeque (R.U.B.) for dinner and then a date with the yummy eye candy known as Chippendales! It's gonna be a full and fun day, and if it's anything like every other day of the trip has been thus far, there will be many interesting and unexpected adventures. I can't believe that the week is almost over already and that soon I will be back to my normal, sedate and urbane Vegas life where I don't spend every evening on the Strip! But, at the same point, I'm not really sure how long I could keep us this pace... Oh well, it's fun for the time being!!!
I'm so glad KA was good, and you know the company tonight will be great! Don't do anyting I wouldn't do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
This was a great story and timely for me! I will be taking the Metrolink train from Simi Valley to the Burbank airport tomorrow. I need to make sure I don't miss my stop!! Thanks for sharing! I am not sure if the Metrolink is anything like they are in NYC but I'll make sure to be ready to get off the minute they open the doors!!
Good Luck on your trip! Maybe your train will be a little more forgiving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hola ladies!

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers for Brent. He is snoozing away right now (thank goodness).

His surgery took 45 minutes from the time they wheeled him from pre-op to recovery! Super fast IMO, since the surgeon told me it would most likely take 1-1 1/2 hours. He is really sore and dizzy from the Hydrocodone/Ibprofen he is taking. He can't really eat b/c he is nauseated from taking meds, but not eating makes it worse. Oh, well...he is resting now. I hope when he wakes up he feels better. Sorry if this is TMI, but I am contemplating calling the hospital about this: he feels the urge to go #1...but can't seem to get it out. Do any of you all know if that is normal? (I know that some of you have medical backgrounds and/or have had the same surgery)
What time did he go last? We have a bladder scan protocol that we do with all of our post surgical patients. It can be common for them to have trouble going at first. I would say that if it's been greater than 8 hours, you need to call the doctor. Don't call the hospital, they'll tell you to call the doc or go to the ER. Good luck, and I hope he's feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Heather, I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.
Hi Mel! Thank everyone for your well wishes. It wasn't bad at all. I had to wait over an hour for my appointment, but she had the thing out in 2 seconds while I was talking, and I didn't even know she did it! She laughed, but I'm glad it's over. I guess the next two weeks could be interesting for me as I come off the progesterone and start my cycles again. DH might want to get a hotel room!

I have to work tomorrow and Sat. I hope time flies, and that you all don't fill up 20 pages while I'm gone. Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #2179
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

I know what you mean, Laurie. I grew up with Farrah and MJ, too. Farrah was an icon to my generation. I had Farrah Fawcett hair in my senior picture, complete with "wings"! I always thought she was soooo beautiful. Heck, when she posed for Playboy at 50 I remembered thinking I NEVER looked that good, at any age! And Michael Jackson may have been a lot of things; strange for sure, but he was so very talented as a musician and entertainer. Super shocking news. Just WOW.

Kelly, thanks so much for the compliment on the pic of my baby girl & myself. They grow so fast, your beautiful girls will be grown up before you know it!

January, glad your DH is recovering. It's hard that first day as you are so nausiated but do need to eat something.

Thanks for the quick recap of the Vegas trip, Jane!

Hi to everyone else. Sorry for those I forgot. I have a sinus headache and keep sneezing. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?!?! But I did have DH take me out to the local mexican restaurant for some fatty-girl cheese enchiladas with rice and beans - oh, and don't think they weren't the good kind with lots of lard! Bad Linda!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #2180
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

I was just looking at my photobucket and thought I would post a hello to Kerry:

And to cheer Michelle up:

Ah, the memories...
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #2181
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Just checking in for 2 quick seconds. Hives are still terrible, but more tolerable since I'm used to them by now. I'm completely convinced that they're are entirely from nerves and not from any type of food allergy. I'm pretty much packed and ready to go. I still have a few loose ends to tie up before we leave around 10am for Tulsa tomorrow. I'll never see my old apartment again and it's my last night in Indiana as an Indiana resident for a very long time! It feels good... I didn't look back once. I was so nervous last night that I went to bed at 2am and woke up itching uncontrollably at 3:30 then got up at 4 because it was causing me so much pain to be scratching at my arms, legs and palms unconsciously. But on the bright side, I sold both my table and living room sets getting me almost another $1000. Sweeeeet! I'll email more from the road!
Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #2182
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Hi friends. I need some prayers and pixie dust and I know that I can count on all of you for both.

As I was getting ready to go out tonight there was a knock at the door, which normally means a sales pitch of some sort. Imagine my surprise when Ty answered the door (something he has never done before, but that he would NOT be allowed to do) and there were two gentlemen who had been sent by a mortgage company to change the locks on our condo. It seems that the nice man that we have sent our rent check to in San Diego for the past 2.5 years got tired of paying the mortgage and thus our unit is in foreclosure!!!

Luckily they did not change the locks when I explained that we are renters. But, I have no idea how long we have and the mortgage company did not answer the phone when I called and I had to leave a message. Meanwhile I have begun the search for a new place and we are hoping to get 2-3 weeks in order to find a place, pack and move, but honestly I have no idea yet what's going to happen. We obviously tried to call the landlord and no suprise--he didn't answer. So, Dave and I have both called in sick for tomorrow to start going to see places and hope to have a new lease signed someplace by Monday at the latest and will likely begin the moving process within the next week if we can. I am completely at wits end and Beth got to listen to me cry while I told her that I couldn't go tonight and that I am not sure about tomorrow night yet.

I have a list of 10 properties that we're going to start with tomorrow morning, but any happy thoughts that you can project out into the universe so that we can find a good, safe and secure place to live in the next few days would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #2183
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Hi Cristabel, Tina, Kelly, and anyone else reading!
Hi Heather!

Quote:
Hi Ladies!
Hi too to Cristabel!
Hi, Melody! I haven't seen you around for awhile. I missed you!

Bridgette - That absolutely sucks! I'm sorry you have to deal with the hives as you prepare to move to beautiful Santa Barbara. I hope once you do move you can relax a bit!

Callie - Hooray! I'm so happy for you & your family!

I've been really missing Disneyland lately. Everytime I see a billboard with Nightastic I get so "homesick" . After reading Al Lutz's article on MiceAge I don't feel so bad that I'm financial unable to go at the this moment. I read this article on MiceAge and it sounds so SCARY! I'm hoping that once I move into CSUF I'll be able to test the waters and find out the perfect days to go. I suggest you all read it because it has good information for the summer and fall visitors.

Oh, and great news! I got a weekend job for the month of July! Every Saturday and Sunday (excluding the 19th) I will be working for the city (which pays around $13.35 per hour) aiding the Cal Arts school at a booth in the AIR-CONDITIONED mall! I'll be working 11am - 6pm. So a total of 14 hours per week, which is meager but I'm thankful nonetheless! Nobody is hiring right now because of the recession and even more so because I have put down that I'm leaving for college mid-August. So no one wants me! Ayayay!

I miss all my DIS Diva friends and I can't wait until we see each other again in the fall!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #2184
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Just checking in for 2 quick seconds. Hives are still terrible, but more tolerable since I'm used to them by now. I'm completely convinced that they're are entirely from nerves and not from any type of food allergy. I'm pretty much packed and ready to go. I still have a few loose ends to tie up before we leave around 10am for Tulsa tomorrow. I'll never see my old apartment again and it's my last night in Indiana as an Indiana resident for a very long time! It feels good... I didn't look back once. I was so nervous last night that I went to bed at 2am and woke up itching uncontrollably at 3:30 then got up at 4 because it was causing me so much pain to be scratching at my arms, legs and palms unconsciously. But on the bright side, I sold both my table and living room sets getting me almost another $1000. Sweeeeet! I'll email more from the road!
Safe travels, Bridgette. Keep us posted on your drive.

Quote:
Hi friends. I need some prayers and pixie dust and I know that I can count on all of you for both.

As I was getting ready to go out tonight there was a knock at the door, which normally means a sales pitch of some sort. Imagine my surprise when Ty answered the door (something he has never done before, but that he would NOT be allowed to do) and there were two gentlemen who had been sent by a mortgage company to change the locks on our condo. It seems that the nice man that we have sent our rent check to in San Diego for the past 2.5 years got tired of paying the mortgage and thus our unit is in foreclosure!!!

Luckily they did not change the locks when I explained that we are renters. But, I have no idea how long we have and the mortgage company did not answer the phone when I called and I had to leave a message. Meanwhile I have begun the search for a new place and we are hoping to get 2-3 weeks in order to find a place, pack and move, but honestly I have no idea yet what's going to happen. We obviously tried to call the landlord and no suprise--he didn't answer. So, Dave and I have both called in sick for tomorrow to start going to see places and hope to have a new lease signed someplace by Monday at the latest and will likely begin the moving process within the next week if we can. I am completely at wits end and Beth got to listen to me cry while I told her that I couldn't go tonight and that I am not sure about tomorrow night yet.

I have a list of 10 properties that we're going to start with tomorrow morning, but any happy thoughts that you can project out into the universe so that we can find a good, safe and secure place to live in the next few days would be greatly appreciated!
Oh Jane, how terrible for you! Good luck in the search for your new home.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #2185
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Oh Bridgette, big hugs! I've moved so many times in my life and have enjoyed every single one of them. It is sad to leave, but so exciting about what the future holds. I drove from Chicago to Tucson in 2004 by myself (well I had my pug and cat with me!), and we did great. My first stop was Tulsa also! We stayed at a Hampton Inn, and I ate at a Texas Roadhouse. The first time I ever ate in a restaurant by myself. You will discover things about yourself that you never knew, and you will build pride that you never knew you lacked. I'm sorry your nerves are so bad. Try your best to enjoy the change and live in the moment. You will be fine, you already have a boatload of friends! You should collect some of our phone numbers so that you have people to call in case you need anything. That might give you an added peace of mind.

Quote:

Oh my Jane! I think I would look into your state laws. I know that when I talked to a realtor in Irvine about renting a home, I asked about foreclosure, and told me that the law in CA is 30 days for a renter to get out. It sounds like the people at your door had no idea about you; I bet your landlord isn't even talking to the mortgage company. I pray it all works out, and maybe you need to call a lawyer to make sure you are given all the time the state allows. You've been through so much. If I was close I'd watch Ty for you as you go home shopping. It might even be nice to get a new place! Big hugs and prayers for you! Let me know if you need anything.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #2186
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Michelle, sounds like you have a plate full too. I was bitten by a black widow a couple of times a few years ago, and it was horrible. My foot hurt like heck, kept me up at night, and I got sick. I was on all kinds of meds too. I wonder if that is what got you? I hope through all of your busyness,(sp?) you can get in some good studying for your exam. I had no idea you were still going to school. Yikes.............that is one big test to take!! I hope it goes great! Just that you have gotten this far is something to be proud of.

Thanks, Mel! I'm not in school any more, thank god. I don't think I could balance my life at all and still be in school. I was in it for more than 2/3 of my life the way it is. I actually am taking the CA bar to become a licensed attorney in CA on July 28-30. I will only have to take two days of it, though, since I already did pass the bar exam in MN....seems like eons ago, but it was only 2001 that I passed. Had to take it twice, though I chalk that up to both Ethan and Riley needing surgery within a month before the bar exam. Missed it by 5 points the first time. The CA exam is notably more difficult, so I'm really hoping to do a good job and pass it the first time. I think I'll have a slightly easier time, as I have worked in a law firm for a long time and part of the exam is a "practical application" where they have you do things you'd have to do in a real life law firm setting. Though, I do have to learn alot of CA specific law.
Thanks for thinking of me, though!
I've been studying every day, sometimes for long stretches and sometimes for short stretches, every since the kids have been out of school. I've got Zoe going to daycamp all week, so that makes it easier.
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #2187
Zoemakes5
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
And to cheer Michelle up:

Ah, the memories...
Ahhh, my bday, having breakfast with you and your family at Minnie's. I'm sure I scared them dancing with the characters!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #2188
Zoemakes5
Had to pop SOMETHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Oh Bridgette, big hugs! I've moved so many times in my life and have enjoyed every single one of them. It is sad to leave, but so exciting about what the future holds. I drove from Chicago to Tucson in 2004 by myself (well I had my pug and cat with me!), and we did great. My first stop was Tulsa also! We stayed at a Hampton Inn, and I ate at a Texas Roadhouse. The first time I ever ate in a restaurant by myself. You will discover things about yourself that you never knew, and you will build pride that you never knew you lacked. I'm sorry your nerves are so bad. Try your best to enjoy the change and live in the moment. You will be fine, you already have a boatload of friends! You should collect some of our phone numbers so that you have people to call in case you need anything. That might give you an added peace of mind.

Oh my Jane! I think I would look into your state laws. I know that when I talked to a realtor in Irvine about renting a home, I asked about foreclosure, and told me that the law in CA is 30 days for a renter to get out. It sounds like the people at your door had no idea about you; I bet your landlord isn't even talking to the mortgage company. I pray it all works out, and maybe you need to call a lawyer to make sure you are given all the time the state allows. You've been through so much. If I was close I'd watch Ty for you as you go home shopping. It might even be nice to get a new place! Big hugs and prayers for you! Let me know if you need anything.

Jane, I would check it out. As renters, you are able to stay in a rented house/condo through at least the "redemption period" (a term of art which means the period of time that a foreclosed homeowner has within which to clear a default and repurchase their home), which can be up to a year depending upon the jurisdiction. http://www.realtytrac.com/foreclosur...osure-laws.asp might be a good link for you. You may even be able to work out a situation with the mortgage company to stay longer and pay them directly, otherwise they are just losing money if the market is really slow. It is probably not as dire as you are thinking now. It depends upon what stage of the process you're at. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #2189
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jane, we were in the same situation many years ago when we rented a house. I was suspicious because we answered an ad and the woman said it was owned by a group of lawyers. Anyway, we had a "lease" for a year. As soon as that lease was up, we got a foreclosure notice to vacate on our door. It gave us 30 days (Calif). There was no option to extend it, and it was pretty hard and fast. Check with your state to see what laws are in place.

It turned out to be a good thing because it forced us to buy a house when we were dragging our feet (we had been looking). I'm sorry you're going through it too, but hopefully in the long run, it will be a good move.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #2190
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

So sorry Jane! Find out what your rights are, so you know for sure what you are facing.

Michelle, do you see that outfit I have on?? Come on, could a little character dancing scare my family? Sheesh, that cold weather sure did my fashion sense in! Good Luck with your studying. If you PM me your email I will email those pictures to you. (I have a few more)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: