Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #1636
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Oh boy. Here we go red velvet again! *drool* I had some red velvet cake last night. It was gooood.

I have a Cold Stone 5 minutes from my house AND work. And it's 2 different Cold Stones! I think I'm going to go get one of those cupcakes!
Me too 5min. from home and from the home office! FYI the cupcakes come in a pack of 6...plenty to sample all of them and have your favorite twice! Or share if you must.

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #1637
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Steph - how fun that camp is going to be. And to get a sitter too! Bowchicabrowncow. Have a great time. If anything earth shattering happens, I will make sure you get a PM.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #1638
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Hi girls!

Steph--family camp sounds so fun!!!!

Sarah--Happy Birthday!!!

Everybody else--Hello!!!

Marty is finally feeling better, but I've had to pick up the slack for him, which is exhausting me! So today I had to do all the cooking for our regular clients, plus a special catering client. And then I had to do all the deliveries and wash all the dishes. He usually does most of the dishes and pretty much all of the deliveries, so I am pooped!

On a brighter note, I just had a brownie sundae with Hagan Daas Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream and fresh blueberries and strawberries!

I can go to bed fat and happy now.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #1639
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Finally finals are done!!

I have no clue what is going on here.

There have been lots of changes in my life the last month.

Thankfully baseball is over.
I have knee surgery tomorrow at 3:45 PM.
I am embarking on a scary path in life. I am not going back to work after I am released from surgery. I am going to be a fulltime student. this is scary.
After many hours of thinking, I will never be able to finish the last of my requirements for the nursing program if I don't leave my job.
I have only 3 classes left.
So after I take the CNA class I will go back to working. But until then it will be living on my savings.
Oh and the ex, Laramie & I are back together.
After a year and half apart, things seem to be better.

I hope everyone is having a great evening.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #1640
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

aahhhh Debra... Biggest of hugs... changes are scary..but good! Love Ya and will be keeping you close tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #1641
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post

I am embarking on a scary path in life. I am not going back to work after I am released from surgery. I am going to be a fulltime student. this is scary.
After many hours of thinking, I will never be able to finish the last of my requirements for the nursing program if I don't leave my job.
So after I take the CNA class I will go back to working. But until then it will be living on my savings.

Wow Deb! Lots of big changes for you! I know you haven't been happy in your job. How long will it take you to finish the 3 classes?

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #1642
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Hi everyone.

Deb, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Here's to a successful, smooth surgery that brings you relief.

Cheryl, did you say $10,000 just to replaster a pool? How big was this pool? Last time I heard what someone paid, mind you it was maybe 12 years ago, was $2,000.

I am still in a quandry about what to do with my friend on Fantasmic's opening night...
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #1643
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Hi everyone.

Deb, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Here's to a successful, smooth surgery that brings you relief.

Cheryl, did you say $10,000 just to replaster a pool? How big was this pool? Last time I heard what someone paid, mind you it was maybe 12 years ago, was $2,000.

I am still in a quandry about what to do with my friend on Fantasmic's opening night...
Yes, good wishes to Deb for tomorrow--get walking soon girl--you're goin' to Vegas!

Yes, $10,000 to replaster the pool. And it's not a large pool. a little deeper than mine (which at its deepest is 5 feet) --that is not even new tile or anything--just re-doing the pool. Sigh--I wish it was only $2k--I would have done it a long time ago. Of course, given the economy, it might be possible to find it cheaper now--this was last summer.

did you hear that the new dragon for Fantasmic broke? So they won't have that big huge dragon when you go.

Ok Tina--all I have is Haagen Dazs chocolate chocolate chip ice cream but I'm making the best of it! LOL I'm going to bed fat and happy too. But then, I do that every night

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #1644
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

HI everyone! Long time no 'see'.

I'm going to try and keep up for a while again. Good luck to me!

Good luck tomorrow Deb! I am an ortho nurse, and so know exactly what you are in for. I know you are strong, and you'll be up and about in no time. Good luck with school. Living on faith and savings is hard, but you'll make it. Congrats on getting back with the ex. I pray it's smooth sailing for you.

Hi to everyone else! I haven't read back, and really can't right now. I'm going to try and keep up from this point forward.

We had the most beautiful sunset tonight. Unfortunately, I had to photograph it through the window because a 5 inch long big hairy spider was camped outside my front door all day. DH took care of it when he got home. I did get this pic though:

We live inside a country club, and the golf course is surrounded by cacti with twinkle lights. It's kind of cute. I just thought the sky was soooo pretty. that picture is not photoshopped at all.

That's all for now!
I hope everyone is having a blessed evening.

Heather

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #1645
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
!

Yes, $10,000 to replaster the pool. And it's not a large pool. a little deeper than mine (which at its deepest is 5 feet) --that is not even new tile or anything--just re-doing the pool. Sigh--I wish it was only $2k--I would have done it a long time ago. Of course, given the economy, it might be possible to find it cheaper now--this was last summer.

did you hear that the new dragon for Fantasmic broke? So they won't have that big huge dragon when you go.
No! Oh dear. Well, I'm still undecided on whether we should even try to watch this. My back is a lot better but my doctor today said he doesn't want me sitting on concrete or standing in one place for hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
We had the most beautiful sunset tonight. Unfortunately, I had to photograph it through the window because a 5 inch long big hairy spider was camped outside my front door all day. DH took care of it when he got home. I did get this pic though:

Heather
Hi Heather. This is a stunning photo.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #1646
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Donna ..i was thinking... what if you call the place where you book tickets to fantasmic dessert thingie... and try to book for the night you will be there...when they say it is full...explain the situation about your doctors orders on your back and it being your friends birthday...is there anyway they can help you get 2 tickets..or arrange alternative seatting? It might be worth a try.

CheryL.... we redid our pool surface this past fall and it was just over 10,000. We were also on a waiting list as people are doing home improvements rather than upgrading to new homes.

Heather... wow... what a gorgerous picture. Wouldn't that be pretty as a painting! Kinda puts everything right in the world seeing something as lovely as that.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #1647
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning ladies!

Heather, that photo is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

Tina, sorry yesterday was so hectic for you. I'm glad Marty is better and your sundae sounds yummy!

Donna, good luck with the Fantasmic seating. If I was there, I'd stake out a front row spot for you for hours, no problem.

Deb, best of luck to you and my thoughts are with you today during your surgery.

Steph, that camp does sound fun and what a bonus with the sitter!

I hope you all have a good day. I woke up this morning to Lindsey saying her stomach hurt, and then throwing up a few minutes later. Yep, the stomach bug claimed another victim. It's going around.

Catch ya later.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #1648
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning ladies!!!

Heather, that is a beautiful sunset. I think you captured it wonderfully!

Deb, my thoughts and prayers will be with you today during your surgery. I know it will go well!

Beth, I hope Lindsey feels better! Poor thing!

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #1649
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:

Deb - You are a true inspiration for me! I'm so proud of you and even though it's scary, I KNOW that you can do it!

Sweetie, I'll be praying for you today for a safe surgery and full recovery (BIG HUGS) !
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #1650
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
My grade in the class right now is 92...so I know that I will not get out with an A. I still have 4 weeks left in the class but the assignments are getting harder. So, yeah. I am a whiner. I just hate to see all of my hard work go down the drain.

I am off of work for the summer (I work as a TA in an elementary school). I am still in school (UoP) just not working in one.
You still have 92%? Well good going whiner lady!!! I hope you have a nice time off in the summer. All of you students out there need those breaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post

Melody... the lipstick is by Iman...and it's red...i'll look later to see if it has a name.
Thanks pretty Dawn! I will check out where to find it. Oh and don't forget to tell me the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Oh, most definitely! I just can't find the link between "no one showing up to fix a computer" and David Hasselhoff. The only tenuous one is that maybe b/c he sent in two "tickets" to get help, they thought the second was saying "nevermind" and therefore they thought it was irrelevant (as many feel Hasselhoff is).
Who knows?
But the raspberries are so good. Got 'em from Whole Foods yesterday, since we were up in Seattle for an appt. Forgot how much I missed shopping at WF!
I love Whole Foods, when we get to go. The closest one is in Fresno. But I don't like their prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
No - it's January! (can't believe I'm the only one to do that).
Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hi ladies!
I just had a yummy cabbage salad for lunch, and now I'm going to have some of my new obsession---spicy hummus and naan bread from Trader Joes. I hope you are all enjoying your Monday!
Yumm! It all sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Hi Melody,

Nope, no taking it easy for me. I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much school work to do. There are no breaks of anykind at the University of Phoenix......well, except I think you do get two weeks off during Christmas time. But that's the only time off students get. The rest of the year, classes are scheduled back to back throughout the year. If a student wants time off, they have to arrange it with their university advisor.

I'm ready for a little break after this class though. I would really like to have a couple of weeks off to just get caught up around here, and even do something with my family during the summer.....maybe go fishing or camping or something. Or maybe just having some time to breathe would be good.

Next week is going to be a killer though, and I'm not looking forward to it. I have two essays to write and a team project to do for school AND I have two little guys who have birthdays next week (Ryan's 10th birthday is on Tuesday, and Luke's 6th birthday is on Wednesday) so I have two birthday parties to plan and host for that weekend. Also, next Tuesday is Luke's last day of school, and next Wednesday is Ryan's last day of school, so a crazy mahem of final school activities and parties going on. AND Ryan has three bloody baseball games next week! UGH! If we had the money, I would just pack everyone up and head down to DL for the week and say screw it. (Well, screw everything else except my school work. I would still get school stuff done. But everything else......screw it. What better way to celebrate birthdays and the end of the school year than to go to DL, right? Oh, if only we could do that. Dreaming........)

It's really funny around here too. Justin (hubby), who works out of our home office, has been slammed with appraisal orders lately. (He's a real estate appraiser.) When he's not working in his home office, he's running around the country side inspecting homes or coaching little league. I, on the other hand, have been slammed with my stuff, and I work downstairs in my office. Even though we both work at home, we are both so busy right now that we hardly see or talk to each other all day. CRAZY.

Well, gosh, enough of that from me. I'm just running off at the keyboard.....

Sorry about that.
Yikes woman!! Here I thought you would be having some down time finally! I hope you are not pulling your hair out next week. Please try to take some time for yourself. Have the boys fix your hair for fun, or something like that. I used to love it, when my kids fixed my hair. It looked way goofy, but boy was it relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning ladies!!!

I am feeling human again today, which is always nice. I slept so much yesterday that I woke up early with a burst of energy this morning and before 7 a.m. I had washed dishes, folded laundry, cleaned one bathroom, took out all the trash, and organized the twins closet. I love getting things done early, I just rarely do it. lol

Anyway, now I can be a lazy bum all day. Or as lazy as I can be with four kids home running around.

Have a good day everyone. Talk to you later.
Glad to hear you are feeling way better Beth!

Quote:
Good morning ladies! I wish you all a wonderful day!
You too Courtney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Wow Beth, sounds like you had a really productive morning! I wish! I just seem to get further and further behind. My son stayed home sick today and dh said he was not feeling well either so he would stay with him. Personally I think my dh is totally faking and just wants a day at home to sleep. I was the one that was supposed to be able to stay home with our son this time, but since dh is conveinently ill, I had to go to work after a midnight shift and then working 16 hours yesterday and having aunt flo come for a visit. I am downright crabby! Forget crabby, I am mad! I wanted to stay home today, but no, I have to work all the overtime and never have a day off and volunteer on any days off I do have. Agghhh!

Sarah

Have a good day all
Hugs to you Sarah! And some time off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks guys! I am still home. I just couldn't make it. I waited but I just couldn't get far away from home. Sorry TMI!

Mel good to see you too!
Same to you! I hope you are feeling better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
She's finally pulled up the rugs because there were blue carpet fuzzies all over the upstairs.
They sound adorable!!

Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmm, Coldstone icecream cupcakes.

Well, this diet Pepsi girl has broken down and is drinking coffee at the moment. I'm trying to read three chapters in my text, but I can't keep my eyes open. I really don't like coffee, but I'm desperate. I'm not sure if the coffee is helping though.....I'm still dozing off. I need a better pick-me-up.
:
Hmmm? Have you tried Wendy's choice of drink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Wow I feel like I haven't been here in forever.

Mel - Glad to see you hear. I can't imagine how hard it is for you as a mom and not be able to make everything alright for your kids. Josh and I lost our first daughter before she was born so I can relate a bit to what they are going through.
Thankyou!
Next week I won't be online and I'm about how many pages there will be here when I get back. We're headed to a family camp that has no internet access or cell phone reception. Josh and I are looking forward to getting 'disconnected' from everything and spending time as a family. The camp also provides each family with a certified teen babysitter each evening so he and I will have time to spend time together.
Steph
Ooh la la!

Quote:

How convenient and cool that they provide a certified teen babysitter. But, I have to ask, does the camp provide cable.....you know....so you and your hubby can "watch TV" .

Quote:
Oh boy. Here we go red velvet again! *drool* I had some red velvet cake last night. It was gooood.

I have a Cold Stone 5 minutes from my house AND work. And it's 2 different Cold Stones! I think I'm going to go get one of those cupcakes!
I still needs to try making some of that red velvet cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Me too 5min. from home and from the home office! FYI the cupcakes come in a pack of 6...plenty to sample all of them and have your favorite twice! Or share if you must.
Share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

On a brighter note, I just had a brownie sundae with Hagan Daas Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream and fresh blueberries and strawberries!

I can go to bed fat and happy now.
Hagan Daas has the best ice cream ever. Did you know that the lower fat version of Hagan Daas, still has a higher content of fat than regular ice cream like Dreyers or Bryers? No wonder it is so darn delicious!!! I loves me some butter fat!!

Quote:

Wow Deb!!! Alot is going on. I wish you lots of success in school. Is Laramie your Ex husband?
And last but not least...............I hope you surgery goes great, and your knee will be so much better after your healing time. Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I did get this pic though:

Heather
Hi Heather! Your picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: