Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #1531
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Thanks!

I'm going to join D23! Is anyone going to the thing on Friday night, July 17th? Donna pointed it out to me and I think I want to go. I'll have to drive back to Santa Barbara afterwards because Sat is a block out date... even though the DLH rates rock!
I'm totally out of the loop--what thing on July 17th? And I don't want to encourage bad behavior--but keep in mind there is a SoCal 3-day pass for $99 that you can use in lieu of your AP on block-out days. Just sayin'

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #1532
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Evening all. Just got back from the River Cats. It wasn't too bad after all. It was a pretty nice evening (weather wise) and the girls actually enjoyed the game even though the cats got pounded. We left at the top of the 8th inning to avoid traffic and they were down 4 hits anyway. They were having fireworks tonight but Shane didn't want to mess with the traffic and I didn't want to stay that late either since we have our big day at church tomorrow and I don't like staying out late on Saturday nights ESP since it is a big weekend with all the schools getting out and grad party's and such. First big weekend of summer etc.

Makes me nervous getting in car wrecks etc.

Anyway it was a good day all in all but I am bushed. Hope everyone had a good day and see you in the a.m.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #1533
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

(I've never been to any of those places... some are kind of pricey IMO)

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?
If RFC if your choice, we'll be there. You might as well book it for a lunch or dinner since we'll have to eat anyway. If you go to their website, I think you can sign up with them and you might get some freebies.

That Coldplay concert must have been great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
fixed my pool heater (which we discovered was broken on MouseAdventure weekend) --I had to call them back yesterday because they didn't put the dog run gates back together. Then I smelled gas (the connection wasn't on right). Then while he was here he mentioned the water heater might have gone off, but then he had me run water in the house and since it was hot said it was ok. without looking. Uhhh-wrongo bongo! So great flurry of activity this morning culminating in the owner of the pool service company coming out and lighting my water heater (
!
What brand pool heater do you have? Ours is about 5 years old and the guy from the company said it would be about the same cost to replace the entire heater with a new one as it would be to repair the digital panel on it that is no longer functioning.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #1534
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post

What brand pool heater do you have? Ours is about 5 years old and the guy from the company said it would be about the same cost to replace the entire heater with a new one as it would be to repair the digital panel on it that is no longer functioning.
lol--I have no idea what brand heater it is. It was here when I moved in 10 years ago and it was old then! Believe me, it is far from digital. I did ask how much to repair versus replace and was told it would be far more to replace. Plus my issue was a gas line leak initially, so it wouldn't matter what heater was on the end of it!

OK ladies--I am SO jazzed. Booking opened for the Grand Cal Villas this morning and I was able to get right through and book all the dates I wanted. Woohoo!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #1535
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Bridgette your pics of Coldplay were very good!!! I so wish I was going to be in Anaheim for your birthday (lip sticking way out now). Rainforest is fun, we love going there!! The phone # for reservations is: 714-772-0413

So my son found a very cute/funny clip on YouTube yesterday to give me a little pick-me-up...... thought I'd share it with you all. If you like the "Peanuts" gang & the song Hey Ya from Outkast....you'll love this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brpub0hTbjs

Have a super Sunday & stay safe........
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #1536
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all!

Laurie I am so sorry things are looking down for you but I will keep you in my prayers that things look up and you may be able to make it after all!!

Everyone is up here and they are in their bathing suits since they have choosen the "dunking" method. I have taken extra "nice" clothes to change into afterwards since we are all going to lunch after. This should be an experience to say the least LOL.

It is family day at our church and they are having a pancake breakfast first but we didn't want to do that so we are leaving here in a little while.

I hope everyone has a good day today and see yall later!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #1537
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello ladies. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day. I've been letting him rest, while I've been cleaning the inside and outside of the house. Including killing a black widow spider outside. YIKES! But it looks good, and it was so nice out. Perfect for working.

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun. We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:
Hi Beth, Hope Ruben is feeling better! Cupcakes look yummy! The 70's with a little breeze is my favorite temperature

Quote:
Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

(I've never been to any of those places... some are kind of pricey IMO)

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?

I always think Rainforest is fun. I like Lost Bar, but primarily because it is a nice natural outdoor environment that is quiet and peaceful, and safe for the kids to entertain themselves while I have a little drinky poo. Don't think you will have those issues They love those Jungle Cruise boats too!

Cheryl, Congrats on your bookings! I really have DVC envy. I would like to buy in, but my frugal husband won't even consider it when there are such great buys on WorldMark in the resale market. There is one for 6000 points for $3000. Of course I have no idea what 6000 points will get you.
Liked your suggestion of meeting up with Dawn. Their trip starts on Sept. 11 so I would (if I were to schedule a brief trip) miss them, so they will be able to watch all the TV they want without any interuption from me.

Capri,
Great Job on the grades. That is amazing girl!

Okay, gotta go make the little monster some cocoa so he will give me some peace. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #1538
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Love and Light to Everyone!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #1539
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Good morning ladies! I haven't checked in for a while. Thought I'd say "hey" and hope everyone is doing well. I know those of you on Facebook know what's going on in my life, but basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen! Just about all my time is devoted to it right now, so I haven't been DISing at all.

I saw that MaryJo posted a video of the new fireworks, so I'm off to watch that. Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #1540
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quote:
Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day...

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun.

The kids thought they were fun. And the sour cream it calls for makes them really moist.
Awww, poor Ruben. Food poisoning is just awful .

The cupcakes look cute and yummy.

Quote:

Anywhere is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row.

I hope I can keep it up.
GOOD JOB Capri. That is awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
You are so sweet, thanks for that! I had my first good day today, no pain, didn't wear any brace. I think I've turned a corner - (your pixie dust must have worked )
That's good news. Back pain is very annoying so I'm glad you're feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So my son found a very cute/funny clip on YouTube yesterday to give me a little pick-me-up...... thought I'd share it with you all. If you like the "Peanuts" gang & the song Hey Ya from Outkast....you'll love this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brpub0hTbjs

Have a super Sunday & stay safe........
That was very cute. My kids found it very entertaining .

Quote:
OK ladies--I am SO jazzed. Booking opened for the Grand Cal Villas this morning and I was able to get right through and book all the dates I wanted. Woohoo!
Good for you . I'm going to be calling on the 21st trying to get a couple nights for my sister in January or February. Hopefully there will still be availability .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Love and Light to Everyone!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Back at cha .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Good morning ladies! I haven't checked in for a while. Thought I'd say "hey" and hope everyone is doing well. I know those of you on Facebook know what's going on in my life, but basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen! Just about all my time is devoted to it right now, so I haven't been DISing at all.
Hope all goes well for you. And at least you have a plan to get out of Arizona . Your family is in my prayers that you finally get the move going.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #1541
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Good morning everyone. Just stopping in real quick before my sister drops off her boys for me watch while she gets her hair done.

Since I haven't been working, I've turned into the neighborhood/family daycare . I've been picking my sisters kids up from school 3 days a week and watching them. One of the neighborhood girls is always here. Then I have people asking me here and there to watch there kids. On Friday, I was watching 6 kids plus my 3 (9 kids ).

The good news is I made it to the next round again for that job I applied for, so I have another test on June 10th. I'm slowing plugging my way through the process.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #1542
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning,

We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:
The cupcakes look like fun. I'd call them Volcanos (because of the colors - green grass, etc.)

Sorry about Ruben, does he know where he got the poisoning???

We've had such upside down weather. We're also having exceptionally cool temps, which I love. Anyway, great for the Vegas girls!!!

Quote:
Believe me, it is far from digital. I did ask how much to repair versus replace and was told it would be far more to replace.
!
Thanks - that makes me question what the heater guy said to me. Although maybe it's these digital panels that are so pricey. I need to have the pool replastered too - have you ever done that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
basically we took our house off the market, are refinancing so we can lease it, and in turn lease something in WA. Working hard on making this happen!
!
I'm glad you let us know. That sounds like you're going to be in WA soon and I know you're looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post

The good news is I made it to the next round again for that job I applied for, so I have another test on June 10th. I'm slowing plugging my way through the process.
Good luck. I can't believe there is yet another test!

We are off to celebrate my Dh's b-day with friends. We're surprising him with dinner and a trip to the art museum. There's a Pompeii exhibition now.

Oh, an old friend surprised me by saying that she wanted to go to DL for her b-day because she'll get the free ticket and upgrade it to a pass. So we're headed there next week! It will be fun to share it with her, I'm not sure we've ever been there together. I'm glad DL did this b-day promotion thing.

Hope everyone has a great day!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #1543
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hi ladies!!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #1544
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

My top has stayed on!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend so far! My mom said that I needed to check in and keep up witht he posts for her while she is on her cruise in Alaska! I am so jealous my parents got to go! It looks like so much fun! I am in summer school or else I would get to come along but I'm almost done with college so I'm pushign ahead! I only have two semesters left thankfully!

I did get homework though while she is away. I made my first DVC reservation today. I made it for October 23rd at the new villas! I have to call to make dining reservations for her tomorrow as well. At least I do it correctly though...at least I hope I do! =)

As for the Vegas guy...nothing new to report other than he talks to me on a daily basis. We'll be meeting up again in July (mom approved it) so we'll see what happens. I will keep you all updated.

And I have behaved since she has been away as well! No topless pools or anything of the sort.

I'll be back on after while! Have a great day ladies!

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
LulubellesDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #1545
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

Boat Show

Quote:
Bree I can't wait for Vegas! I'm not going with the Divas, but I'm going on June 30th - July 2nd with my brother on the way to California (I'm moving there from Indiana). What was the show called where the ship catches on fire?
No, I don't remember what the name of the show is called...I know that it's at Treasure Island and they have multiple times a night. It's free too and most people just ine up around the bottom of the hotel. I know that the water show at the Belagio is super fun too!

Have a great time when you go! Wear plenty of sun block it gets super hot there!!

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
LulubellesDD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: