Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #1516
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Hope everyone has a great day!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #1517
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #1518
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Hi everyone!!!! I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #1519
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I don't think you can make PS for Cove Bar--it's walk up. (I think.) But Bridgette-really--if there's someone else you would rather go it's fine! It's YOUR birthday girl. Oh, and "that's just how we roll." LOL

Wicked is the BEST. I've seen it three times in LA.

Well I'll look into different places and ask about them once I find a couple that I think sound good.

I agree, Wicked was AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Yeah, remember when I cleaned out the garage? I was fine for four days and then pow. I sprained my back ligaments according to my doctor. I was wearing a soft brace during the day and taking anti-inflammatories but had a nice turn today for the better. I think I can drop the brace tomorrow and I feel like I am on the mend!

Doctor does want me to walk so that's great.

Yes, Bridgette, I was on the list from the start .
Oh no! That sounds so painful. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Yay about being on the list from the start. I know when we talked on the phone you said you live an hour away so I don't want you to feel like you have to drive all of that way for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Hi Ladies! So much going on in here, sick, sad, vacationing, work, school, school ending, sick pups, etc..... Pretty quiet here, just wallowing in self-pity as I realize we are stuck here due to finances & the catch 22 situation with moving: can't rent a place with no job & can't find jobs from 700 miles away. As summer approaches & our original plan of moving August 1 gets closer, I have come to the realization there's no way that will happen unless we win the lottery. Now we're looking at using our tax refund next year to move us down: which means moving mid school year & probably missing the girls trip........ I'm just hating life right now but after reading what other people have been dealing with....I have it pretty good.
My prayers & thoughts are with those who need them!!!!
I know how you feel about hating life sometimes, but I try not to think that way. I agree with Cheryl about the whole everything happens for a reason thing. Once you get through this you'll come out on top and so much stronger. Hang in there!
Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #1520
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello ladies. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.

We are having glorious weather here. It's only 77 right now, with a cool breeze blowing. I love it.

Ruben got hit with some kind of food poisoning, so he's been sick all day. I've been letting him rest, while I've been cleaning the inside and outside of the house. Including killing a black widow spider outside. YIKES! But it looks good, and it was so nice out. Perfect for working.

The kids and I even made cupcakes. They just had fun. We were going to do those color burst cupcakes that Steph posted once, but didn't have the right colors or enough coloring, so we just played and came out with these:

The kids thought they were fun. And the sour cream it calls for makes them really moist.

Anyway, hope you are all having a good day. Take care. Talk to y'all soon.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #1521
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

We went to Coldplay last night and it was incredible! I just wanted to share a couple of pics...

Old 06-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #1522
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh Beth I am sorry Ruben is feeling ill. I kinda thought that might have been what hit shelby if it weren't for the fact that Katy had the same thing although she had different toppings on her sandwhich so it could be that although she was only sick once so I tend to think the food was just a bit too much for her and the fact that she ate that big heavy sub right before she swam so that probably didn't help. But I hope Ruben starts feeling better soon. I know how miserable that is!!

And your cupcakes look so yummy and sounds like you had lots of fun!!

We just got back from seeing up! It was SOOOO good. I agree with those that said there were some tearful moments. Even the short at the beginning had me a bit teary eyed but hey don't let that stop you! Let me say that both the short AND the movie were some of the best I've ever seen. I would call the tearful moments more touching than sad and they make the movie. I commented to Shane that I love how pixar/Disney makes movies that are really meaningful and touching and not like so many of the goofy cartoons you see nowadays that are just cornball laughs. This had humor and fun and yet a GREAT story line and warmth. I LOVED it and agree that it was as good as Nemo, Toy Story and Wall-E! GREAT film and I would highly recommend it. Don't let the possiblity of some emotional moments stop you from going. My kids are 8 and 9 and they didn't have any problems with it and some of the stuff was more emotional to "me" as an adult and I don't think they really even got it if you know what I mean. It meant more to an adult if that makes sense. They LOVED the movie too!

Anyway that's my dimestore review!

Our weather here is nice as well. In the mid 70's and supposed to rain later but we shall see if it actually does. I am not too thrilled about the game I admit cuz I am still tired and now have a headache but I know it means a lot to shane so we shall see what happens.

Anyway take care and talk to you all later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #1523
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, and don't know if this means anything or not but I had a dream the other night that you were pregnant . . . . .
Ooh I like that dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row.
That's awesome! I had one 4.0 quarter in chiro school, it was so difficult! But it felt so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
How frustrating that the dx took sooo long. But great that you finally know.
Yep.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #1524
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

(I've never been to any of those places... some are kind of pricey IMO)

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #1525
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
As a bit of good news to share, I received another 4.0 for my last class. That's two 4.0 in a row.

I hope I can keep it up.
that's fantastic! how can you be a Mom and get a 4.0? way to go Capri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Ok these are the places I might want to go for July 16th... what is your opinion of these places?

the Rainforest Cafe: I went in DTD at WDW and loved it! Huge variety of foods, drinks at a decent price

Jazz Kitchen
House of Blues

(I've never been to any of those places... some are kind of pricey IMO)

Then the resort bars...

Hearthstone Lounge
The Lost Bar

So I guess my first choice is the Rainforest Cafe. I usually stick with what I know. It's more of a dinner place than a 'get drinks' place though. Thoughts?

I'm fine with RFC. Who did you see Coldplay with?

Well, my Saturday started out with a cold shower--not by choice! Yesterday they FINALLY came and fixed my pool heater (which we discovered was broken on MouseAdventure weekend) --I had to call them back yesterday because they didn't put the dog run gates back together. Then I smelled gas (the connection wasn't on right). Then while he was here he mentioned the water heater might have gone off, but then he had me run water in the house and since it was hot said it was ok. without looking. Uhhh-wrongo bongo! So great flurry of activity this morning culminating in the owner of the pool service company coming out and lighting my water heater (yay-for hot water!) then I rushed to Newport Beach to have lunch at the Mariposa Restaurant in the Neiman Marcus there with my Red Hat Society Group (except we are so lame--I was the only one that actually wore a red hat and that was a "cap"!) Had their popovers and can I say that even though I use their recipe MINE are better--LOL!

then came home, played with Bella a little and I think I'm going to take a little nappie.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #1526
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There's a bar area, though...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #1527
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
There's a bar area, though...
Bridgette, tell them it's your b-day. I went for my 21st and they made my drink from scratch instead of using their premixed stuff. I did RFC for lunch on my 21st and House of Blues for dinner. There are lots of fun places to drink. Right now Cove Bar is my favorite.
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #1528
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

What a day Cheryl! I saw Coldplay with my mom. So the lady in the pic with me... you'll all meet her in 2010!

Thanks for the tip Wendy!

Ok then RFC it is... I know I'll have to call a non DLR reservation number. I just need to know exactly who all might be coming. I know that not everybody is confirmed, but I have Cheryl, Donna, Katie, Vicki, Dawn, Linda and me. How far in advance do you think I should call?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #1529
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
What a day Cheryl! I saw Coldplay with my mom. So the lady in the pic with me... you'll all meet her in 2010!

Thanks for the tip Wendy!

Ok then RFC it is... I know I'll have to call a non DLR reservation number. I just need to know exactly who all might be coming. I know that not everybody is confirmed, but I have Cheryl, Donna, Katie, Vicki, Dawn, Linda and me. How far in advance do you think I should call?
I would call 30 days out or so. If we need to update the reserv. to change the number later I don't think you will have any trouble. It's not like WDW--generally not hard to get reservations.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #1530
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would call 30 days out or so. If we need to update the reserv. to change the number later I don't think you will have any trouble. It's not like WDW--generally not hard to get reservations.
Thanks!

I'm going to join D23! Is anyone going to the thing on Friday night, July 17th? Donna pointed it out to me and I think I want to go. I'll have to drive back to Santa Barbara afterwards because Sat is a block out date... even though the DLH rates rock!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: