Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
disneymom23
Mouseketeer

Coffee shops

Does anyone know what time the coffee shop at the DLH or the coffee shops in DTD open? I'd like to grab a coffee and bagel on the way to MM but that will be before 6:30. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well first, there are coffee urns and cups set out in at least one of the towers of the DLH, that you can just grab on your way out.

I am not sure I ever saw the coffee shop there, so I don't know the answer to that.

If you like a latte type drink, Haagen Dasz sells Peets espresso drinks (they might have drip coffee too, I'm not sure) and they open at 7.

If you have family/friends with you, you could send them on ahead while you wait for HD to open, but I don' tknow how that's going to help with your bagel needs.

I'd also recommend La Brea, but I've never seen that line NOT out the door (and I don't know what time it opens). We have ingredient issues with many breads (you just never know who is going to throw HFCS into breads and bagels) so we just bring our own.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
callmeblissful
living in the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

LaBrea opens at 8 am, I believe. We looked for a place to eat in Downtown Disney on the way to our Magic Morning at 6:30 am and we could not find a single place. You might have more luck with one of the hotel restaurants, but our solution was to grab a bite to eat in between rides.

Annual Passholder - Last trip December 20-21; next trip in January
callmeblissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

I also noticed the lack of breakfast places for grabbing a bite prior to MM when we were at DL two years ago. I was hoping that had changed. It seems odd to me. They could make a fortune off of a Starbucks type shop near the entrance. It's not like any carts are up and running even once you're in FL. This is another area they could make a fortune with a early morning mocha and muffin cart!
Upcoming: WDW POR Feb 2015; Completed: DL December '11 & '12 Daytrips, DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
disneymom23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
I also noticed the lack of breakfast places for grabbing a bite prior to MM when we were at DL two years ago. I was hoping that had changed. It seems odd to me. They could make a fortune off of a Starbucks type shop near the entrance. It's not like any carts are up and running even once you're in FL. This is another area they could make a fortune with a early morning mocha and muffin cart!
A Starbucks would be perfect. I think I'll just throw some fiber one bars in my suitcase and that will hold us over for a while. Since its just 2 of us, we can snack when we get hungry. When the whole family goes it's worth it to have groceries delivered. My son gets hungry frequently so I like to have plenty of snacks on hand.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
bzkds
Mouseketeer

Compass Books in DTD also has a little coffee area, with fruit and bagels, etc. I'm not sure how early they open but I think around 8am.
Beth
bzkds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
blue donkey
Mouseketeer

Maybe you could buy something at the coffee shop at dlh the night before; something like cereal & milk or yogurt & store in your fridge. That way you have at least something to eat & can grab that free coffee on your way out of the hotel.

Those early, magical mornings (7 or before) are hard. We ended up just ordering room service. It's a bit pricey but it always came on time & was a nice hot meal.

Enjoy your mm!

Dec. '08 GCH @ DLR

Apr. '08 GCH @ DLR

Dec. '07 DLH @ DLR

Apr. '07 Hilton @ TDR

Dec. '06 PPH @ DLR
Apr. '06 PP @ DLR
Oct. '05 Poly @ WDW
blue donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
annacali
DIS Veteran

The coffee shop at the DLH opened at 7 when we were there. The cart outside La Brea opened at 8 (and it had Starbucks). The coffee we ordered from room service at the DLH and that we got at the coffee shop was NOT coffee (by any stretch of the word...) It was that lovely Nescafe stuff... ugh...

By the 3rd morning I waited until 8 and got the "real" stuff from the cart at 8.
annacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I really wish Disney would do something about catering to the folks who get up early and would like a cup of coffee and a bagel, etc. We are up around 0430 and the little bit of coffee in the room does not cut it. I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys the peacefullness of the morning.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I really wish Disney would do something about catering to the folks who get up early and would like a cup of coffee and a bagel, etc. We are up around 0430 and the little bit of coffee in the room does not cut it. I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys the peacefullness of the morning.

Jack
You have my whole-hearted agreement!!!
Upcoming: WDW POR Feb 2015; Completed: DL December '11 & '12 Daytrips, DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
Old 08-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
tink929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom23 View Post
A Starbucks would be perfect. I think I'll just throw some fiber one bars in my suitcase and that will hold us over for a while. Since its just 2 of us, we can snack when we get hungry. When the whole family goes it's worth it to have groceries delivered. My son gets hungry frequently so I like to have plenty of snacks on hand.
As someone who works at Starbucks, I would LOVE if they'd open a Disneyland location - I'd put in a transfer in a heartbeat I don't know what we're going to do for coffee on our early morning either (we only have one, Labor Day) - I don't like any other than Starbucks much.

WDW - 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 (honeymoon!)
DLR - 12/07, 10/08, 09/09, 05/10, 08/10 (daytrip), 09/10
tink929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink929 View Post
As someone who works at Starbucks, I would LOVE if they'd open a Disneyland location - I'd put in a transfer in a heartbeat
How is it possible that I have seven (at least) Starbucks within five minutes of my house, but there's not one close to the entrance to Disneyland???
Old 08-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
tink929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
How is it possible that I have seven (at least) Starbucks within five minutes of my house, but there's not one close to the entrance to Disneyland???
Don't quote me on this, but I've overheard along the way that Starbucks wants into Disney and Disney won't let them. All Starbucks are corporately owned, and Disney owns almost everything in or around their parks, and I guess that's the issue?

They have the cart that "proudly brews" Starbucks, but that's a different division than the regular Starbucks stores.

And now... back to your regularly scheduled topic

WDW - 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001 (honeymoon!)
DLR - 12/07, 10/08, 09/09, 05/10, 08/10 (daytrip), 09/10
tink929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post

Jack
Holy Crap Jack! 0430!!!! (are you a military man?)

Although I agree that it is hard when it comes to finding a decent cup of joe and a snack before 7 am. I believe if you are offsite places like MickeyD's and Mimi's open earlier, but onsite it is slim pickings. If at DLH, do take advantage of the fresh brewed coffee bar in the lobby of all three towers - like Molly said. That is nice.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #15
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Holy Crap Jack! 0430!!!! (are you a military man?)

Although I agree that it is hard when it comes to finding a decent cup of joe and a snack before 7 am. I believe if you are offsite places like MickeyD's and Mimi's open earlier, but onsite it is slim pickings. If at DLH, do take advantage of the fresh brewed coffee bar in the lobby of all three towers - like Molly said. That is nice.
The coffee house, in the building behind the lobby, according to the Disneyland Hotel website,opens at 6 am. We were up and in the lobby of the hotel at 6:15 am, and the folks ahead of us got the LAST cup of the free hotel coffee.

There are 2 Starbucks across the street from the park in the Anaheim Hilton and Anaheim Marriott. McDonalds and the economy have really hammered Starbucks, they're only closing stores, not opening them. And given that it appears that Disney has severed their ties with McDonalds, taking out the burger place in CA and the fry cart next to Big Thunder mountain, no hope of them opening up either.
4:30 am is sleeping in for me during the week since I have to be at work at 3am........but since we rarely get back from the parks before 1 am, except for the MM we usually sleep in until 7:30 at the park.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: