Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #76
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Question

Hey gang, I am trying to create an index card for all you OCD planners and I am not sure what you would like to see included on them. I don't plan daily so I need some input on what information you need to survive a day at WDW!!!
I thought I would create these because I think there is a demand for them, am I right? Or am I wasting my time.

I started a new thread regarding these, please give me your feedback!
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #77
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

OK Guys,
Here goes my first attempt at posting with pictures- so I apologize in advance if it doesn't turn out...

This is my newly created DisPlanner- I bought a DayOne black planner at walmart for about $20. It is the smallest style, measuring about 7.5hx6w" and contains sheets that are 4.25wx7.75h". It has a couple pockets and plastic holders and was filled with the day planner sheets divided in months. I took out about 95 percent of that and my DH made a template in word foor me to create my own sheets like plans, ADR's, important #'s etc. I am still working on filling those out and will probably take them to a Staples or something to print since I don't want to waste our ink.

I have finished creating some section dividers which I made by cutting some cardboard to size and wrapping and decorating with leftover scrapping supplies and clip art off the Disigns thread and google.

It has been alot of fun as planning for me is almost as much fun as being there.

Here's a pic of the maps I printed from the unofficial guides website, I just had to adjust the size

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #78
taylor5
Mouseketeer

I love your planner! I think I may steal your idea of making your own tabbed dividers. I actually bought a set of tabs to use in my standard 3 ring binder, but I also bought the 3 hole punched sheet protectors & when I put things in those, my tabs do not stick out far enough to be seen. Does anyone else have any better ideas?

Also, I really want to start planning out my days & some of my meal times & selections, but I don't know the park hours yet. Since we don't have park hopper, I want to be extra careful not to plan a meal at one park when we are planning on visiting another park. I also would like to take advantage of extra magic hours. Do the hours run about the same as that time the year before?
taylor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #79
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

I got a small package of post it note removable sturdy file folder tabs in the post it note section at walmart. They worked well for me and are not flimsy at all like regular post it notes. As far as times go I'm not sure but I think they are fairly consistent.
hth
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #80
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Best Girl View Post
I can't help with the list you are looking for but I take photos of:
Passports
Birth Certificates
Drivers Licence
Disney Gift Cards (back)
Credit cards (front and Back)
Park Tickets
Our luggage (in case it gets lost)
MVMCP Tickets
Photopass cards
Some folks photograph their children each morning in case they get "misplaced". My DD is 17, I should be so lucky!

I think that's it. HTH
Thanks, that does help- I forgot about taking pics of tickets etc. we have photocopies of Passports.

But, I was hoping for a list of what to take pics of in the parks, resort etc.
I wish I could remember where I saw that, oh well I have 39 days to find it before we leave.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #81
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

help my comp is not my friend

ok I went out and bought a printer so that i could print some of these great planning resources. I tried to print out the sheet entitled packing, adr, day 1 day 2 etc. my picture is only 3 inches by 3 inches how do i make it full page? I have windows vista. The kids are in bed and I finally got time to plan for our sept trip and I can't figure it out
Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #82
marimario
Mouseketeer

That happen to me, if the picture is from donatalie, click on her photobucket links and "save as" what ever you want on 100% view.

Hope this work. Have fun!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #83
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

thanks for the help
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #84
taylor5
Mouseketeer

money & tip envelopes

I found the cutest envelopes today & printed tons of them. I will post the link when I figure out how.
taylor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #85
budafam
DIS Veteran

Where can you find out how long it takes to get from place to place inside WDW? Is there a bus route or something??? Maps maybe or times? I've never been so I have no clue!!! Thanks!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #86
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

There's a chart in the UG but theres a calculator on our laughing place website that may help...
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx
Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #87
Fletch3rd
Mouseketeer

That planner is great and the perfect size. I just booked our trip today and have been pulling out all my old planning pages from a year ago.

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas!
Fletch3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #88
nu2wdisneyw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Best Girl View Post
I don't want to post my dividers any bigger because they would take up way too much space in this thread. Just PM a list of the specific pages you would like and I will send out much larger copies that should be much better quality when enlarged. My book is only 5.5 x 8.5 sheets, that is why they are so small!

For anyone who would like to see my work in progress, I have posted pictures of my planning bible in another thread. It is post #18. Take a peak and tell me what you think!
I LOVE your planning binder...you are really creative!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #89
jhagan0923
Earning My Ears

I love all the great idea! Keep them coming!
jhagan0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #90
princesslily
Disney finatic

I love this thread! Great IDEA!!!!

Tags
crafts, list, planning, scrapbook, worksheets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: