Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #91
KrisannB
DIS Veteran

These are great! I will be making a few of them for our TA cruise - makes me kinda want to come up with something to put on the outside of my bedroom door so I can use them now

Thanks for sharing - now to customize

Krisann

1977 & 1987- WDW Magic Kingdom-daytrip * 2003-POR - Kids & DH's 1st trip to WDW * 2005-Beach Club -Grand Gathering * 2007- Pre-cruise at PoPCentury * May 2008 - AllStarMovies - 4 days pre-repo cruise Cruises: 2006 Western* 12/2007 Eastern May 2008 - WBPC Repo 10/2009 Western, 2010 EBTA, 2010 WBTA, Dream Double Dip - Feb/March 2011, 2011 EBTA & 2011 WBTA + 2 writing cruises! upcoming: 2014 EBTA and 2014 WBTA
KrisannB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #92
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtotwogirls View Post
Thanks! I need to find someone who has photoshop as that makes it so much more magical!
I have Photoshop Elements, there are probably other programs that do it too. Just insert a text box, type in what you want. Theres an option on the top bar to curve the text.
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #93
disneycrazzzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by planning-diva:) View Post
what size do you make the stateroom ears?
If you print the OP's printable files, the ears should fit around a circle that is 7.5" across. I had problems printing these at first, so everyone should double check the size of their printed ears before they head on their cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtotwogirls View Post
It looks great!!!!!

How did you add the names to the hat? I would love to do that for my group as a surprise.
If you have powerpoint, you can do the same thing by adding word art on top of the picture. No need to have photoshop.

Back To Back Cruises on the Magic August 8, 2009 Western and August 15, 2009 Eastern with Tortola
disneycrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #94
daveyc150
I read this forum all the time

These are amazing, we are going in September for our honeymoon, do you have any groom ears?

Disney World here we come December 2011!

daveyc150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #95
Ocean Angel
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for these - we are celebrating our daughters' graduations on our cruise in August and this is perfect!

It's not about waiting for the storm to pass.....
it's about learning to dance in the rain !
Ocean Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #96
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

OMG those are the cutest things I've seen! I am making a Sorcerer Mickey one for our door!!
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #97
wwwosie
Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night

Thank you! and a question

Does the printable size of these really fit the door number? They seem small but I can't remember how big they are.
Anyway... you are an amazingly creative individual and THANK YOU!
wwwosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #98
disneycrazzzy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwosie View Post
Does the printable size of these really fit the door number? They seem small but I can't remember how big they are.
You have to be very careful when you print that you get the right sized file and that the size isn't reduced automatically when you bring the picture into word or powerpoint or whatever you are using to print.

To tell if your ears will fit on your door....cut out a circle with a diameter of 7.5" and then place the ears on the circle. The ears should fit perfectly and all together look like a well-proportioned mickey head. If the ears are too small, it looks like a panda head instead.

I recommend this test for everybody printing these ears. I am the person who originally created the ears for the doors back in 2006 and posted them for everyone on the old magnet thread. I know how getting the ears the right size can be problematic.

I love all these fancy ears and have printed some myself....

Back To Back Cruises on the Magic August 8, 2009 Western and August 15, 2009 Eastern with Tortola
disneycrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #99
idrivealumina
Proud Member and Executive Officer of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon0909 View Post
Are you planning to do bride and groom ears? I will be on my disneymoon 9-19 thorugh 9-26 on the disney magic and would love to have those!

thanks!
Yes, I certainly am They will be done in time for you I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcloud View Post
What about purple for the graduation hat?
DONE! Eventually I will have the rainbow of colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
I forgot to post mine! I made one for each of our five cabins and everyone loved them. Thank you so much for doing these!
AWESOME! Thanks for posting your picture. It puts a smile on my face to think that these have already been on the cruise ship. FYI - We are taking our first cruise in Sept, and you can bet these will be on our door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planning-diva:) View Post
what size do you make the stateroom ears?
Print them full size. Save the file from the "Download Link". If using Windows fax and picture viewer print them from there using the full page fax setting. Just make sure you print them full size. They will take up most of the paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
How did you make them. Did you design a pattern or was there one already made?
I made these from scratch. I saw someone else had done a Sorcerer hat and I wanted to make my own. That was the first one made and then the ideas started flowing from there. Then all the posters started making requests and I plan on make many more of these. I just can't get into customizing them with names like Disneyfalcon did.

This was the inspiration behind me starting to make my "Disigns". Thank you to "discruiselovers97" for the inspiration! Here is her original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyc150 View Post
These are amazing, we are going in September for our honeymoon, do you have any groom ears?
Like I responded to above, I will make groom ears. I promise in time for your cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwosie View Post
Thank you and thank you to everyone for all the nice complements! I appreciate that as much as you appreciate the ears. Disboards is a great place and I just wanted to give back a little in my own way.

Like I mentioned above, just print them at full size, they will fill most of the page and will fit the diameter of 7.5" stateroom number plate perfectly. Cut out a 7.5" circle and use that as your guide to make sure they are the right size after printing.

Enjoy and more to come...

Disneyland x a couple (as a younger person) on property 1990
WDW AS Sports - Sept 2006
WDW AS Sports - Nov 2007
WDW AS Music - Sept 2008
DCL Western Caribbean - Sept 2009 (+1 day at MK)
WDW Kidani Village - June 2010
WDW Pop Century and DCL Bahamas - Sept 2010

OFCC

Last edited by idrivealumina; 06-11-2009 at 11:42 PM.
idrivealumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #100
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivealumina View Post
Yes, I certainly am They will be done in time for you I promise.

DONE! Eventually I will have the rainbow of colors.

AWESOME! Thanks for posting your picture. It puts a smile on my face to think that these have already been on the cruise ship. FYI - We are taking our first cruise in Sept, and you can bet these will be on our door.

Print them full size. Save the file from the "Download Link". If using Windows fax and picture viewer print them from there using the full page fax setting. Just make sure you print them full size. They will take up most of the paper.

I made these from scratch. I saw someone else had done a Sorcerer hat and I wanted to make my own. That was the first one made and then the ideas started flowing from there. Then all the posters started making requests and I plan on make many more of these. I just can't get into customizing them with names like Disneyfalcon did.

This was the inspiration behind me starting to make my "Disigns". Thank you to "discruiselovers97" for the inspiration! Here is her original post.

Like I responded to above, I will make groom ears. I promise in time for your cruise.

Thank you and thank you to everyone for all the nice complements! I appreciate that as much as you appreciate the ears. Disboards is a great place and I just wanted to give back a little in my own way.

Like I mentioned above, just print them at full size, they will fill most of the page and will fit the diameter of 7.5" stateroom number plate perfectly. Cut out a 7.5" circle and use that as your guide to make sure they are the right size after printing.

Enjoy and more to come...

Thank you for the purple- this cruise is celebrating her HS graduation and her school colors are purple and yellow. Awesome idea for stateroom door.
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #101
cathyn
Mouseketeer

These are great. Thank-you for sharing your designs.

cathyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #102
wwwosie
Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night

Bump! Thanks for your time once again!
wwwosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #103
lyn9856
DIS Veteran

Awesome
Boookmarked for a rainy winter day ready for next year.
Thanks so much guys!

1996 WDW off site; 1999 WDW Dixie Landings; 2000 Disneyland Paris off site; 2000 WDW off site; 2002 WDW off site; 2003 Disneyland Paris Newport Bay Club; 2004 DisneyLand California off site; 2007 HongKong Disney off site; 2008 DCL 7 day Western + WDW POFQ; 2009 DCL 7 day Eastern + WDW Private Villa 15n; 2010 14n Western Transatlantic + 7n Saratoga Springs; 2011 RCL Mariner of Seas Eastern Europe; Dec 2011 Tokyo Disney; 2012 DCL Alaska + Pacific Coast B2B
lyn9856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #104
giraffemom
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

When I saw the Sorcerer ears, I just knew my DH would love them. We printed it and showed it to my DS (8) and his response was that it was "Perfect". Thanks so much for sharing. All the ears are so awesome!
giraffemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #105
Tri-circle-D
Throwing some love to TCD
They are full and clean!

It just so happens that I spied this thread just before we left for our 6/11/09 Wonder Cruise.

Thanks, Idrivealumina, for creating the Graduation ears. They worked perfectly:

Nice!

OK, so that really wasn't our cabin.

But, those are our ears! (we slapped them up there late one night and snapped a photo).

If you want to see our real doors, check out this thread (I will be posting pics of the doors soon):

6/11/09 3 Night Wonder Trip Report

I did have some trouble printing the right size. The first attempt came out too small (but we used them on one of our doors anyway). The second attempt looked better, but when I put the two pieces together on the door, they were not quite right (it could have been a cutting error), but, as you can see, the two pieces came together well enough. The tassle kind of hung over the door number.

We got a lot of compliments on this design and our door decorations.

So, thanks!

TCD
Tri-circle-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: