Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Rockstar1126
Earning My Ears

Time to kill in Port Canaveral.

Traveling with husband and 10 yo daughter. Fantasy Dec 20-27 Cruise. Our flight from Orlando is a 7pm so we will have plenty of time to kill after disembarking in Port Canaveral. We were thinking of going to the Space Center. Any other tips/ideas? Is there a place to store our luggage at the Port so we don't have to drag it with us? We are arranging our own private transports to the airport
Rockstar1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar1126 View Post
Traveling with husband and 10 yo daughter. Fantasy Dec 20-27 Cruise. Our flight from Orlando is a 7pm so we will have plenty of time to kill after disembarking in Port Canaveral. We were thinking of going to the Space Center. Any other tips/ideas? Is there a place to store our luggage at the Port so we don't have to drag it with us? We are arranging our own private transports to the airport
I don't believe there is any baggage storage available at the port. If you're using private transportation won't they be able to handle the bags while you're with them?

Remember, that's a very busy season for traveling, and security at MCO can be brutal at times (can take up to 2 hours to get through security).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Rockstar1126
Earning My Ears

We have a car we have scheduled...

to pick us up at the Port around 3:30, so from when we get off the ship (in the am) until 330 we were going to go to the Space Center. So we will not have a car sitting around with our luggage in it waiting for us while we are at the Space Center. Does this make sense?
Old 12-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to pick us up at the Port around 3:30, so from when we get off the ship (in the am) until 330 we were going to go to the Space Center. So we will not have a car sitting around with our luggage in it waiting for us while we are at the Space Center. Does this make sense?
Yes, I understand what you're planning. I'm just not sure how do-able it is.

How are you planning on getting to the Space Center? And back to the port? Another question I have is whether there would be issues with the fact that the ship is departing on another cruise that afternoon/evening and whether you would have access to the port/terminal area for your private car pickup at that time.

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 12-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
Rockstar1126
Earning My Ears

Car

Well, I thought we would take a taxi from Port to Space Center and have our car pick us up at the Space Center to take us to MCO. It sounds like we would have to carry our luggage with us though and it is going to be a hassle. Thanks for your replies, it is what I needed to know. I wish we would have booked an earlier flight bc I am not looking forward to spending 7+ hours at MCO waiting for our flight home.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I thought we would take a taxi from Port to Space Center and have our car pick us up at the Space Center to take us to MCO. It sounds like we would have to carry our luggage with us though and it is going to be a hassle. Thanks for your replies, it is what I needed to know. I wish we would have booked an earlier flight bc I am not looking forward to spending 7+ hours at MCO waiting for our flight home.
As another option, I'd suggest the possibility of a day room at the Hyatt MCO. That way you can adjust to the "real" world from the cruise a bit. You would have access to a swimming pool, dining, TV, a chance to reorganize luggage, if you want, have a bed to rest up on from the early morning rising that day.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:
Have you looked into renting a car for the day? Most rental agencies do not charge a relocation fee if renting at the port and returning to MCO. Day rates can be cheaper than a car service.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: