Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #106
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

Update on my dad:

My mom called the home this morning to check on him and the nurse told her she wouldn't believe it.

But my dad is up and walking around and smiling this morning like nothing ever happened

I think I forgot to put in my other post that he has a DNR and was not resuscitated yesterday. All they did was rub his sternum hard and he came back on his own.

Silly old guy, basically on his deathbed last night and this morning is back to his usual self.

That's a good thing though

My mom has a dentist appointment at 10 this morning and then is going to stop in and check up on dad herself.

But so far he seems like he's back to normal.
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #107
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
Update on my dad:

My mom called the home this morning to check on him and the nurse told her she wouldn't believe it.

But my dad is up and walking around and smiling this morning like nothing ever happened

I think I forgot to put in my other post that he has a DNR and was not resuscitated yesterday. All they did was rub his sternum hard and he came back on his own.

Silly old guy, basically on his deathbed last night and this morning is back to his usual self.

My mom has a dentist appointment at 10 this morning and then is going to stop in and check up on dad herself.

Great news!!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #108
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
So did you smack your boss in the head too. He's an adult....he should know better!
I did PLENTY OF TIMES THIS PAST 2 Weeks. Anyhooo between today & June 1 I only work 1 day! Got lots to do round the house & yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpal View Post
Hello My TKer friends...

Ive been really busy with work and family stuff...
I have been trying to keep up on the reading ...but have been lacking in my posting...Sorry!
Hey Slacka! Pics are GREAT!

Quote:
DU sounds like we could both use our upcoming Disney vacations!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK KK YEAH!

Quote:
I've never been a fan of Star Trek. Funny thing tho DU, the only episode I like is "The trouble with tribbles" and I love that episode. TNG was decent. I could stand to sit through that one.!
tng???????????????????

Quote:
Got a new car yesterday. Well new to me. It is a previous rental vehicle and only has 12,000 miles on it.
HERE IS SOME VIRTUAL CHANGE TO THROW IN THE BACKSEAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewer View Post
Gads you guys are chatty, I can't keep up! Prom weekend over here, and I'm not sure my heart can take it.

Quote:
Update on my dad:

Whadda Scare. So glad he is doing better. Bizarre stuff.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #109
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISUNC View Post
I did PLENTY OF TIMES THIS PAST 2 Weeks. Anyhooo between today & June 1 I only work 1 day! Got lots to do round the house & yard

tng???????????????????

HERE IS SOME VIRTUAL CHANGE TO THROW IN THE BACKSEAT!

One day of work!

tng= Star Trek the Next Generation

Thanks for the cash!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #110
Cruisin

Quote:
Great news!!!!!
Yes that is great news.

I stopped in this afternoon just to see how he was and he was out walking the halls, just like any other ordinary day.

Really so strange.

How he could be almost dying last night and today he's back to his usual self.

He was quite talkative today too. Coherent sentences but not appropriate also as per usual.

For example, we were walking down the hall and he says..... they are going to start putting the stores in along here soon

Any how, hopefully it was just a blip on the radar that does not show up again.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #111
DISUNC
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #112
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Any how, hopefully it was just a blip on the radar that does not show up again.
Hoping for that too, Robin!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #113
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Ummm...maybe you should go over to Kims and give her a hand. You culd drive Kelly to all her events, while Kim catches up on her sleep.
I LIKE your thinking PD! Unfortunately, Dorene lives too far away from me to do that.

Kelly's team lost tonight, 9-7 against the 1st place team. Not bad. Her team had 2 hits, and Kelly had one of them. Her defense was even better than the hit tho.

Kelly came home from school today with a 'note' about tomorrow night's GS ceremony - everyone bring a dessert or appetizer! Excuse me, one day notice?!?! Where's Ann when I need her?? I think I'll be stopping at Sara Lee after work/before the ceremony to get 'something?'.

Oh well! Weather is beautiful here! I wore shorts tonight!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #114
DISUNC
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Good Morning'

Clean up day, take Pop to Dr's (this will be weird...cause it's the same Dr who tried to operate on Mom when she passed....), then he MUST go for a haircut (all 2 hairs). While he is getting his 2 hair cuts I will do some food shopping, then go pick up the kids.

Later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
I think I'll be stopping at Sara Lee after work/before the ceremony to get 'something?'.
Sounds like a plan too me!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #115
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Andy?? No one posted today after you???

I'm next???

Did you start a TK5 and leave me out??

Wow, hope everyone is doing ok!!

Kelly's GS ceremony tonight was fine. They did some skits and some jokes, and Kelly actually got 'physical' and sprayed another girl with "John the Baptist" water. You had to be there, I guess. It was a knock-knock joke. I got an 'award' (a GS water bottle) for being the 'official' (do nothing) co-leader. ALL I did was sign a bank account signature card last year, and fill out a physical/medical form to be 'counted' as co-leader. Shame on me! When I heard the 'intro', I yelled "NO". I am totally UNworthy!!!

DU, my Sara Lee/Maurice Lenell desserts were fine, and plentiful, and I left with some of them, but shared more. Appetizers are hard to do in advance (if warm) when you have to sit thru a program first. (Ann??)

Next project, among many, is ironing &/or sewing on all of Kelly's badges and patches from the past 2 years - YES, the past 2 years! I just don't commit to these things that she does as much as she does. We had to FIND her badges and patches from last year, so now I have 2 years worth of GS badges and patches to iron on.

Ugh

On the positive side, GS doesn't officially start again until September! I've got all summer to iron/sew! Even tho they have events over the summer.

Sat is 2 skating sessions for her, afternoon and evening. Sun is softball practice, and I'm insisting she take Monday OFF, from everything! She is just wearing me out! She COULD go to a Memorial Day celebration and Parade, but I had to say no! If I'm THIS tired, she HAS to be a little tired, too!

Hoping you're ALL ok!!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #116
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

Kim, you have me laughing on the find and then iron on the badges thing. My girls haven't been in scouting for the past 4 years and I still find badges in unexpected places. Seems that an awful lot pop up in the cabinets above my refrigerator. I must have thought that was a good place to keep them until I got the chance to sew them on!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #117
Cruisin

Good morning all.

Technically I'm not home this weekend but I am right now

We are camping out at the local airplane club field but since Alex is moving out tomorrow I thought I'd come home today for a bit.

I want to make sure that he crams as much kayrap into his car as he possibly can

If I left it to him, he'd take his paramedic uniforms and that would be enough for him.

I want some of this stuff gone

So I'm off to shower and get the day going.

It was freezing in the trailer last night but it's much warmer outside than it was inside. Gonna be a beautiful day here today.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #118
sleepingaurora
Mouseketeer

they look so beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpal View Post
Hello My TKer friends...

Ive been really busy with work and family stuff...
I have been trying to keep up on the reading ...but have been lacking in my posting...Sorry!

Here is a pic of Julia and friend before the prom...

The prom girls: Jules and her friends

Her and Jamie, in a group photo of her and her friends..

If you would like to see more or cant see these...Go To...
http://picasaweb.google.com/betsyv/J...eat=directlink

Got to go get ready for work...(11AM-6PM)
Have a great day everyone

TTFN
sleepingaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #119
sleepingaurora
Mouseketeer

That is wonderful news.
Quote:
Update on my dad:

Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #120
sleepingaurora
Mouseketeer

Have a great weekend

Hello all,

I have to give your give an udate on yesterdays music festival at Dorney Park went. This is Courtney last one. The band, jazz band and choir did wonderful. Winning 11 first place tropheys.
This was so cool what a way for the 8th graders so go out with a bang. What a gorgous day it was too.

Hope you all are well.
HAVE A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: