Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #76
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
I'm not on Chicago time and I still post over there

I figure as long as they leave it open I'm gonna ride that thread to the bitter end
They killed it Robin!

Quoting thread 3: Kim you will have fun cause lets face it any vacation when you don't have to be at work or cooking, cleaning or anything else is a good time!
Thanks Dorene, but cooking, cleaning and attending to a wheel-chair bound SIL is PART of the plan! She's great tho, and Very hearty and resilient! The fact that she's GOING with us to Glacier, is unbelievable!

QUOTE: Thanks for the explanation Kim.

Yes, Montana might be boring to you but I can see why you want to go there.

I'm sure that you will have a great time.

I hope that views make up for those heights and drops that you are afraid of

How long is the trip. I'm guessing that you are driving

Too bad about those airfares for Rory.

They change so often some times that you don't even get 5 minutes to make up your mind whether you want to go or not

Luv ya Robin! Yes, the views are awesome, IF you can reach those heights, which I CAN, but I have to retreat ASAP!! LOL

We are flying actually, to Denver, than Great Falls, MT. Apparently NO ONE flies direct to Great Falls, and from there it's a 2 hour drive, I think? I've loooked it up, mapquested, etc. I just haven't committed it to memory yet. It's not WDW, afterall!!

Rory??? I guess he fixed that PROBLEM!! Luv him and hate him!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:26 AM   #77
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by blame my sister View Post
Saw Star Trek Sunday, and coming from a person who REALLY DISLIKED the original series, I liked it. I was more into TNG series, so I knew alot of the background stuff. Even my wife thought it was alright and she hates that stuff. I can actually say I can't wait for the next one, that movie moves from begining to end.
This from the REAL KID on this block! ( I think Rory is the real youngest here?)

Star Trek, the series, was the Star Wars of OUR time, not yours, Rory! I'm glad you liked the movie! Is THAT what you did when your kids were with Gramma and Papa and me at Kelly's game??

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 04:41 AM   #78
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Ann & Tom,

My life, even at 3:30 am, is still crazy. Kelly continues to be BUSY!

Monday night was a private skating lesson, followed with personal, at-home review, since her instructor lives across the street , Tues is softball practice, Wed is Girl Scouts (GS) practice for their end-of-year program. Thurs she has a game, and Fri is the GS program. Sat there is a farewell DIS meet for a local here (Bunchkin), and I'm trying to get another private lesson in for Kelly that day. Sunday she has practice, again.

I can't even LOOK at next week! All days have something!

AND, Matt graduates next Friday the 29th!!

We are BOOKED until 6/2!!

Why am I NOT sleeping?!?!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #79
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
( I think Rory is the real youngest here?)
Think Again!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #80
DISUNC
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
AND, Matt graduates next Friday the 29th!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #81
DISUNC
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Story

I was telling James about the POR over the weekend. I told him it's set up like the old south, tsome of the Hotels are like antibellum mansions...etc.

He looks at me like this.......and says' 'They Segregate?"

Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #82
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Kim thanks for the link, I'm still learning all this stuff so I was having trouble finding it. Sorry to hear you still have all your domestic duties even on vacation but it's nice to spend time with family.

Rory I can't believe you are going twice this year, not fair! Well at least I'm going too.

Not much is going on with me, I have a pretty boring life. Hope everyone is doing good, enjoy the day.
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #83
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISUNC View Post
Story

I was telling James about the POR over the weekend. I told him it's set up like the old south, tsome of the Hotels are like antibellum mansions...etc.

He looks at me like this.......and says' 'They Segregate?"

That is pretty funny!
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #84
Hollyann
ZJO for just today!
If you see me sleeping, I'm probably dreaming about tags
Can't keep her fingers on the right keys!

Hi everyone!

DU - tell your nephew that they do NOT segregate in the South - that part of our history is well and truly over. However, many southerners still refer to the civil war as the "recent unpleasantness" or the "Northern Aggression". I kid you not!

The weather is SO weird today. Our high is about 63 and we have wind and rain. The weather men are scratching their heads as to what's going on and there's even a slim possibility that the first tropical storm of the season may form....too weird!

I'm off to get a few things for the TN trip.... speaking of foreign lands - I'm glad all our Chi-town folks made it safely!

Take care ya'll!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #85
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

Hey Ann, maybe you ought to come up to sunny Canada

It's almost 70 here right now and it's supposed to be up to around 80 tomorrow

Of course we can count on the fact that it won't stay this way for long but until then I'm gonna enjoy it
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #86
sleepingaurora
Mouseketeer

hi everyone

i have not been here in a few. been busy you know with softball and the kids. they are doing very well. Kelly's team one sat and Courtney team won today.
we have onther conecert tomorrow and a competeing for band on friday.
So how is everyone doing?
sleepingaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #87
DISUNC
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
DU - tell your nephew that they do NOT segregate in the South - that part of our history is well and truly over. However, many southerners still refer to the civil war as the "recent unpleasantness" or the "Northern Aggression". I kid you not!
Dont worry I set him straight on this...after I (and smacked him in the head...he is 15...should know nbetter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingaurora View Post
i have not been here in a few. been busy you know with softball and the kids. they are doing very well. Kelly's team one sat and Courtney team won today.
we have onther conecert tomorrow and a competeing for band on friday.
So how is everyone doing?
Glad to here all is well. I'm hangin in just waiting for my WDW Vacation.

Came in tonight and my Boss created the work schedule for next month. Not ONLY has me scheduled for my normal days off...he scheduled me to work during my vacation. He pays NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ATTENTION to anything he does.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #88
blame my sister
DVC Member

SOOOOOOOOO are you da fadda of a Movie Star or what?
When are you goinfg to WDW?
(from UNC)

I forgot to tell you. Sorry.

2 auditions and no callback for either. But she is really enjoying it. Heh if nothing happens in 5 months then will try something else. No biggie.

Last edited by blame my sister; 05-19-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: didn't crop it right
blame my sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #89
DISUNC
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blame my sister View Post
SOOOOOOOOO are you da fadda of a Movie Star or what?
When are you goinfg to WDW?
(from UNC)

I forgot to tell you. Sorry.

2 auditions and no callback for either. But she is really enjoying it. Heh if nothing happens in 5 months then will try something else. No biggie.
Get that kid workin! Somebody gotta pay for these trips!

BTW You do realize that You, me & PixieDust 112 will all be in WDW at the same time!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #90
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Ann, I'll keep your friend and his family is my prayers. Does rehab from his stroke effect the treatment for the cancer?

DU sounds like we could both use our upcoming Disney vacations!

I've never been a fan of Star Trek. Funny thing tho DU, the only episode I like is "The trouble with tribbles" and I love that episode. TNG was decent. I could stand to sit through that one.

Got a new car yesterday. Well new to me. It is a previous rental vehicle and only has 12,000 miles on it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: