Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #2941
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

You are welcome to share in our nice weather. We actually have the air conditioning on since it was upwards to 90 degrees outside today and expecting the same for the next 2 days.

We are very much enjoying country living. Rick has been working on getting his model airplane runway ready to plant the grass seed. He's been putt putting around on his little tractor with the scraper blade and the rotortiller for days now

One of his buddies flew his small airplane here tonight just off of the existing grass. Was nice to see them having fun with their toys.

The only drawback to country living is when you need to go to town for "stuff". It ends up taking 1/2 the day all the time. But, still, a small price to pay for the relative peace and quiet of country living...... if you don't factor in all the tractors running around at the moment LOL.
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #2942
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
You are welcome to share in our nice weather. We actually have the air conditioning on since it was upwards to 90 degrees outside today and expecting the same for the next 2 days.

We are very much enjoying country living. Rick has been working on getting his model airplane runway ready to plant the grass seed. He's been putt putting around on his little tractor with the scraper blade and the rotortiller for days now

One of his buddies flew his small airplane here tonight just off of the existing grass. Was nice to see them having fun with their toys.

The only drawback to country living is when you need to go to town for "stuff". It ends up taking 1/2 the day all the time. But, still, a small price to pay for the relative peace and quiet of country living...... if you don't factor in all the tractors running around at the moment LOL.
I guess you have to plan to make a list and get everything done at once. We are in a small city ( a very small city) so most everything is always available to us. I love the convenience, but both DH and I grew up in the country and there are parts of that I really and truly miss!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #2943
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
Hi all! Betsy~ Are you loving this weather? Are you spending the entire weekend in the gazebo? What a nice gift!

YES!, YES! , and I agree its the BEST gift!

I hope you enjoyed your mothers day too!
This weather is the BOMB! Love it!
We spent yesterday at Montrose's Wine and Choc. Fest. Fun times!

I hope you all are enjoying the rest of this awesome weekend!

TTFN

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Dalpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #2944
Dalpal
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
I guess you have to plan to make a list and get everything done at once. We are in a small city ( a very small city) so most everything is always available to us. I love the convenience, but both DH and I grew up in the country and there are parts of that I really and truly miss!
Even with the 30 min. drive to/from Binghamton, I wouldn't trade my country living for nothin!
When I am in the city to shop all I keep thinking is soon I'll be heading home and away from all these people, cars and craziness!

Robin,
I think it's so cool that Rick can now play in is own back yard...No getting everything packed up...just get out there and have a good time!

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Old 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #2945
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Good news is that our city is so much smaller than Bingamton! Behind our house is a wooded lot that is backed by an elementary school, and is owned by the school district, so it won't be developed. The neighbors houses are closer than I'd like, but, luckily, we have wonderful neighbors!

Also the country is no more than 5 minutes away! This morning my DD and I spent 2 1/2 hours kayaking at a Lake in the middle of the woods. No more than a 10 minute drive!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #2946
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Helllllooooooo TKers!!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #2947
Cruisin

Sounds like we have a bunch of country lovers here

I do really enjoy it too. No one looking over at you whenever you go outside to do something. I could walk around naked outside half the time and no one would even notice Not something I'm inclined to do of course.... just saying

Hey Kim! How's it going in Chicago. I was in your neighbourhood last weekend. I gave you a shout out on my way by. I recognized the name of Touhy Avenue when we went zipping by it.

We had a beautiful day here today. The weather was superb. Got together with some friends for a bbq tonight. Tomorrow we are going to visit Liz and her boyfriend John. Today was Liz's birthday and tomorrow is John's birthday........ 2 for the price of one
Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #2948
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Hey Kim! How's it going in Chicago. I was in your neighbourhood last weekend. I gave you a shout out on my way by. I recognized the name of Touhy Avenue when we went zipping by it.
WHY didn't you call me?!?! Even for a few minutes, if you were in a hurry! Sorry we missed you.

< soon

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #2949
Dalpal
Will try to be good...

Quote:
Sounds like we have a bunch of country lovers here

I do really enjoy it too. No one looking over at you whenever you go outside to do something. I could walk around naked outside half the time and no one would even notice Not something I'm inclined to do of course.... just saying

We had a beautiful day here today. The weather was superb. Got together with some friends for a bbq tonight. Tomorrow we are going to visit Liz and her boyfriend John. Today was Liz's birthday and tomorrow is John's birthday........ 2 for the price of one
Happy Birthday to Liz and John!

OUR PAST TRIPS
Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #2950
Cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
WHY didn't you call me?!?! Even for a few minutes, if you were in a hurry! Sorry we missed you.

< soon
I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to call you Kim but it was due to my own stupidity........ I forgot to bring phone numbers with me

We went north of you, almost to Wisconsin.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #2951
Cruisin

Hark......... what is that strange humming noise coming from my kitchen

It's our new fridge......... finally.......... about time
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #2952
Dalpal
Will try to be good...

Quote:
Hark......... what is that strange humming noise coming from my kitchen

It's our new fridge......... finally.......... about time
Congratulations ion the new fridge!....I just love getting new appliances!

Well after two cold rainy days, we have sun, but its still pretty chilly out for June!

TTFN

OUR PAST TRIPS
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #2953
Cruisin

It has been chilly and rainy here too.

After all that 100 degree weather it is hard to take this but it is better than snow
Old 06-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #2954
Dalpal
Will try to be good...

Quote:
It has been chilly and rainy here too.

After all that 100 degree weather it is hard to take this but it is better than snow
I totally agree!...AND.....
The forecast says a warm weekend!...Cant wait. I am tired of feeling cold all the time....especially in June!

Big news here....Brit is gonna spend the summer in Colorado with a friend. Its a beautiful state.. I hope she takes a ton of good pictures! I'm gonna miss her....and worry a bit too I might add!

I have my riding class at 10AM, so I am off to get myself ready!
Wishing a great day to you and any lurkers out there
TTFN

OUR PAST TRIPS
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #2955
Cruisin

Did you enjoy your ride this morning?

The weather is supposed to turn nicer here too. I am looking forward to that for sure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: