Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #1501
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by blame my sister View Post
Hey sis kicking around cruise next year what u think?
Got ALOT of pics and info on the new ship sailing soon.

Later!
It looks great, but I worry about my anxiety issues (is that double worry? ). I've always WANTED to go on a Disney cruise tho. Does DVC play any part on a cruise?

And Rory, the cruise experts are Right Here!!!! They've been before, Many Times, Together, and they're going again, separate and together!

TKs, Mom went to the ER again earlier today. Haven't heard anything else, except she was worse than when she left the hospital on Thursday. Thoughts & prayers appreciated, again.

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #1502
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
It looks great, but I worry about my anxiety issues (is that double worry? ). I've always WANTED to go on a Disney cruise tho. Does DVC play any part on a cruise?

And Rory, the cruise experts are Right Here!!!! They've been before, Many Times, Together, and they're going again, separate and together!

YEP!...We are going on the new ship on May 29, 2011! Its a 5 night, double dip!...Yipee! We are still hoping for some TKers...BUT act fast, the ship is filling up FAST!

TKs, Mom went to the ER again earlier today. Haven't heard anything else, except she was worse than when she left the hospital on Thursday. Thoughts & prayers appreciated, again.
Thoughts & prayers are being sent out.....Hope its nothing, and she feels better soon!

Have to get ready for our meeting at work...

TTFN

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Dalpal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #1503
Cruisin
If you can't carry it, you don't need it
I keep on posting to things just so I can look at my tags
I love my Captain Mickey antenna topper!

Hey Rory, happy planning.

I haven't heard of any of those eating places you are talking about

Quote:
Any questions that we can answer please ask them Rory.

I have done a dozen Disney cruises and 7 other cruises.

Always happy to help if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye
Awww, Kim, not again so soon

I hope they soon figure out what's wrong with her and get her healthy again.
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1504
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blame my sister View Post
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT'S UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!
Got adr's this weekend for our trip! May switch if free dining comes out. Teppon Edo, and Aloha Lula and
Tutto Itilia on the list of firsts to do.
Zoe can go on Rock n' Roller Coaster that's what started it.
Air 4 $160 round!

Hey sis kicking around cruise next year what u think?
Got ALOT of pics and info on the new ship sailing soon.

Later!
Wow! Rory is checking in! How is your mom doing?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #1505
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:

laughing about your double worry comment .

Kim did you write this before your facebook update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
Hey Rory, happy planning.

I haven't heard of any of those eating places you are talking about

Any questions that we can answer please ask them Rory.

I have done a dozen Disney cruises and 7 other cruises.Always happy to help if I can.

So how did you decide on ascreen name????
Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #1506
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

My Mom and I are going on the Disney Dream Feb 27, 2011 with the WDW Radio crew.

It's my second, her fourth! Mom has been on the Magic twice, once to the eastern and once to the western caribbean,
the Wonder once to Nassau over 4 days and the Dream with me next - to Nassau over 4 days.

What exactly worries you about cruising Kiminy?

The ships are massive, no claustrophobea issues here. Seasickness possiblities have lots of remedies,
I found that the once a day dramamine (started the day before you sail and taken religiously) worked for me.

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #1507
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpal View Post
Thoughts & prayers are being sent out.....Hope its nothing, and she feels better soon!
Actually, it's collagenous colitis. The biopsy came back from last week while she was there today. It's treatable tho, which is good. She might go home Thursday. Her BP was sooo low tho, when she went in, that they told my Dad had they waited much longer, she would have died from that side-effect!

Quote:

Thanks Robin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
Wow! Rory is checking in! How is your mom doing?
He gets his info from his wife, who gets it from me.

Quote:
laughing about your double worry comment .

Kim did you write this before your facebook update?
Not sure of the timeframes on FB and here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
What exactly worries you about cruising Kiminy?

The ships are massive, no claustrophobea issues here. Seasickness possiblities have lots of remedies,
I found that the once a day dramamine (started the day before you sail and taken religiously) worked for me.
Claustrophobia is where I start, but there's also the water all around us, I can't get off anxiety I anticipate. I can't really know until I try, but then it's too late!

THANKS ALL!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #1508
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Kiminy, I found the water around us very serene...

Methinks you are letting a little bit of fear get in the way of an otherwise fabulous experience...think about this; if you start with a 3-4 day to Nassau you are already back on land the next morning. Nassau is very close. If you find your fear realized, you could fly back home that next day. IMHO, sailing is waaaay less claustrophobic than flying! You have less control of your surroundings on a plane if you think about it. The ships are literally floating resorts. They. Are. Massive.

Purchase trip insurance too! If you feel unable to continue, technically-its a medical condition and you might be able to get your money back if you bail.

The 7 day western caribbean is similar to Nassau cept the first morning you dock in Key West, FL. If you bailed there, you could practically drive home (or simply go north and finish your trip in Orlando )

I really hope this helps.

I would hate to see you miss a nice opportunity because of an unfounded fear~

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #1509
Cruisin

Quote:
So how did you decide on ascreen name????
Well when I decided on my screen name I had only gone on 6 cruises

Kim, glad to hear that your mom has a diagnosis and it's something they can treat her for. Here's to a speedy recovery

I agree about the cruising. I really think you should try it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

It is just like being in a giant floating hotel. If you go to an inside room you will never even know that there is water surrounding you.

Take a short cruise to test it out.

The 3 day cruise stops at land everyday, so that minimizes the time that you are totally surrounded by water.

Also if you go with other people (family or friends) you will find that you are occupied with the activities and also the people and you probably will find it much easier to get past your fears.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #1510
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
Kiminy, I found the water around us very serene...Very serene, I'm sure, from a beach! LOL

Methinks you are letting a little bit of fear get in the way of an otherwise fabulous experience...think about this; if you start with a 3-4 day to Nassau you are already back on land the next morning. Nassau is very close. If you find your fear realized, you could fly back home that next day. IMHO, sailing is waaaay less claustrophobic than flying! You have less control of your surroundings on a plane if you think about it. The ships are literally floating resorts. They. Are. Massive.I have no control on a ship either.

Purchase trip insurance too! If you feel unable to continue, technically-its a medical condition and you might be able to get your money back if you bail. I don't think I'd ever bail. I think I'd take more meds! I'd hate to be medicated tho, just to have fun, if you know what I mean.

The 7 day western caribbean is similar to Nassau cept the first morning you dock in Key West, FL. If you bailed there, you could practically drive home (or simply go north and finish your trip in Orlando )

I really hope this helps. It does, and I'll look at the ebrochure as well. Many thanks!

I would hate to see you miss a nice opportunity because of an unfounded fear~No offense, but unfounded? Ever heard of the Titanic?
Quote:
Kim, glad to hear that your mom has a diagnosis and it's something they can treat her for. Here's to a speedy recovery Thanks Robin!

I agree about the cruising. I really think you should try it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.I do too, but I have to admit to my shortcomings as well, with the anxiety issue.

It is just like being in a giant floating hotel. If you go to an inside room you will never even know that there is water surrounding you.I'm not sure WHICH room scares me more, inside or out? Both for different reasons!

Take a short cruise to test it out. Good idea!

Also if you go with other people (family or friends) you will find that you are occupied with the activities and also the people and you probably will find it much easier to get past your fears.
THAT I could do, but only with Rory & his family. Now we'll see if he follows thru.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #1511
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello

Quote:
Well when I decided on my screen name I had only gone on 6 cruises
You also had a different screen name. I remember it.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #1512
Cruisin

Quote:
You also had a different screen name. I remember it.
Yes, I did have a different screen name.

It can probably still be found on some of our very old threads

For those who don't remember or never knew it...... it still had Cruisin in it, I just had it shortened
Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #1513
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

I remember it!

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Dalpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #1514
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Wanna move in with me?

I am soooo sad. Many of you know how close we are in our neighborhood, how we have a neighborhood clambake every year and the adults (ranging from ages in our 40s to couples in their 70s) go to dinner a couple of times a year. Well one of the "grandfatherly" neighbors died yesterday. I've been working all day and had a meeting tonight so I just found out. This is really hitting me hard!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #1515
Cruisin

So sorry to hear that PD.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: