Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Ugh, Chorus Drama--I feel so bad for my daughter

DD16 is very involved in her school chorus and drama departments. She performs with the elite song & dance choir, just finished up the Spring Musical, shows up, works haaaard no matter what she's asked to do. She lives for this stuff.

Okay, so DD16 is the chorus historian.As such it's her job to collect photos, documents and other information which will be presented at the end-of-year chorus banquet, which is tonight. She has been compiling all this information into a slide show with music for the past 3 weeks. She has worked her little butt off! Last night, at the chorus concert, one of the mothers came to her and said,"Oh, I have all these pictures I want you to put in." DD politely told her that the slide show was finished and she'd be unable to fit the pictures in. the mother persisted--now I must tell you, this woman is a pushy stage mother. Her son is a senior and of course she wants his last chorus event to be memorable. By that I mean, lots of shots of her DS. Anyway, she started getting pushy with DD. DD held her ground.Then the mother remarked,"Well, I sure hope you loaded onto Movie Maker, because otherwise its not going to work." Huh? And you're telling her this NOW? less than 24hrs before the event? AAAAARRGGHH!

So DD takes the file over to the banquet--which she won't be attending because she has another rehearsal for a different event--and the file is incompatible. We run home, upload the slide show, during which something happend and she ended up deleting some very important family photos. We race back to the venue and try it again. Along the way DD is fretting because she knows this boy and his mother are going to ride her if she gets it wrong.

About 7 minutes later, here she comes. DDs face looks like a thundercloud. I had to ask, did the program work. She replied, "Sorta. I don't want to talk about it." I'm not sure what went wrong, she put her heart and soul into it. DH helped her and both he and DD are very computer saavy. Worst of all, she's going to letter again this year and she's not even going to be there to receive the honor. She didn't even eat dinner!

I just feel so bad for my daughter. Life is hard when you're a sophomore.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Oh Hia
Mouseketeer

Oh no, poor thing! At least she knows she tried her best!

To you and your daughter.
Oh Hia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Your poor DD. There will always be mothers like that to deal with. It never ends. I am glad she stood her ground though.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: