Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

The summer AP "Backstage Pass" is online now!

So did anyone get their paper copy in the mail? We haven't, but we didn't get the last season's either.

I'm reading it right now; hopefully it has more pertinent info than last season's, which had things already expired by the time it was put online!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I haven't gotten the last 2. I'll ask DBF, he gets all of them.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Krissy Marissy
I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one every trip!

Here on the Dis we're kinda like....enablers

have never gotten one either. This one wasn't filled with anything too new or exciting either
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Agreed (finished it). All the info in it is elsewhere and has been elsewhere for awhile now. I hope I don't get one now, as it's a waste of paper, ink, and shipping costs!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

We've only received the Halloween season one last year (became AP holders last Apr.) at least we can pull 'em up online. I'm ok with saving paper.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Burnt Toast
DLR -> WDW Cast Member

There was no February edition of Backstage Pass, they skipped a year. The last issue sent out was the holiday one (which there was a shipping/production delays, hence the skipping of the Spring issue).

I'm not sure if they went with a totally online-only method of delivery now (which wouldn't surprise me), but I still try to find out.
Burnt Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
dleyel
Mouseketeer

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. I'd be fine if they just sent an email saying it was available on-line. It's a quick read.
dleyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
IASWAM
"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome." - Walt Disney

I have never received anything in the mail regarding AP info.
Ever.
Not once.
Nothing.

DL – HoJo’s 6/07
DL – Tropicana 8/08 ** Upgraded Tix to AP's!!! **

IASWAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
Krissy Marissy
I LOVE the MC!!! I eat one every trip!

Here on the Dis we're kinda like....enablers

I agree that they should save the time, energy and money...not to mention paper, and just have it online.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

The last AP magazine/newsletter I got was the winter one. But I continue to get that Family Fun magazine or whatever it is called, every single issue, which seems to be a comp that came unexpectedly with the Premium AP.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
fairycat
Modern Disney Princess in Black
Hurray for it and all that
Likes the bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
The last AP magazine/newsletter I got was the winter one. But I continue to get that Family Fun magazine or whatever it is called, every single issue, which seems to be a comp that came unexpectedly with the Premium AP.
They used to offer a Disney Magazine but a few years ago they stopped printing that magazine and then started to offer the Family Fun magazine. I feel so guilty since I never even open the magazine and have tried to pawn them off on other parents but that doesn't often work. I wish I could decline getting the magazine or send it to some one else.

I've Been BOO'd!
fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairycat View Post
They used to offer a Disney Magazine but a few years ago they stopped printing that magazine and then started to offer the Family Fun magazine. I feel so guilty since I never even open the magazine and have tried to pawn them off on other parents but that doesn't often work. I wish I could decline getting the magazine or send it to some one else.
I agree! I am not a parent at all, and I feel like there must be someone out there who lives in my general area who would like/appreciate these magazines....but I don't want to hang onto a year's supply of them until I find someone! I remember the Disney magazine. I liked it. I subscribed fto it or a while even though I was not an AP holder at that time. I also liked having a tangible Disney catalog (in the old days) that I could hold in my hand and flip through. I don't really like the online version (Disneyshopping) of it as much. Some things are convenient to have online, but some things I like to hold and thumb through. That is why I could never be a big fan of Kindle, which is all the rage now. To me, if I am going to read a book, I want to feel the cover, I want to smell the newness (or oldness) of it, I want to turn the pages manually - it is a tactile, sensory thing. But I guess I am old school like that!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: