Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #121
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Yowza, BSIL sounds like quite a prize. Love your Epcot pictures. It is so beautiful at F&G time. The Chip story is precious.

Looking forward to Kim Possible and more on BSIL!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #122
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Poor Chip I love all the flower fairy pics! I don't think I even noticed those fairies. What? Butterflies are bugs?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #123
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
GGRRrrrrr I dealt with all this kind of &@!!$^#* with my first marriage.
So glad I don't have those problems now. Thank God my brothers even married the most fabulous women ever. One of my sister-in-laws has become my best friend. It's lots of fun
I really envy you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
The chipmunk did "what" to your daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your problems with the photopass pics and your BSIL.

And what's with the blouses of today. They all make us look pregnant, but what I don't understand, most maternity wear these days is clingy, tight and not maternity looking at all.
Yes! I can't imagine wearing those skin tight shirts when I was preggers. Now I just love the loose fit, it hides so much!

Quote:
That's how ya tell the difference with the blouse - those with the real baby bumps have material stretched over them so tight there is no question they are pregnant and the rest of us are just plain comfortable
So preggers sometimes look fat, and fat looks preggers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Yowza, BSIL sounds like quite a prize. Love your Epcot pictures. It is so beautiful at F&G time. The Chip story is precious.

Looking forward to Kim Possible and more on BSIL!
Yup, she is a joy to deal with...... I'll try to get to KP later this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Poor Chip I love all the flower fairy pics! I don't think I even noticed those fairies. What? Butterflies are bugs?
Yes! They are bugs! And it's awful here in FL, they get into our screen enclosure out back and can't get out. Then they end up dying out there. But there's no way to help them out - if you touch them, the oil from your fingers kills them. Besides, they are BUGS!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #124
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Disney tickets, room, luggage tags, trip insurance etc arrive today

Just 32 days to go
Old 06-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #125
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yes! They are bugs! And it's awful here in FL, they get into our screen enclosure out back and can't get out. Then they end up dying out there. But there's no way to help them out - if you touch them, the oil from your fingers kills them. Besides, they are BUGS!!!!!
Okay, Eww!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #126
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just 32 days to go
Yeah for 32 days!!!!:b anana:
Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #127
nat1234
Mouseketeer

I just found your TR and read through the whole thing. Your DD is beautiful and it sounds like you are all having a great time. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #128
karajeboo

Quote:

Just 32 days to go
don't you just love the countdown???? It's almost as much fun as the trip itself.... well, almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay, Eww!
Yes, BUGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1234 View Post
I just found your TR and read through the whole thing. Your DD is beautiful and it sounds like you are all having a great time. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Thank you for reading! I'm having fun reliving it all, especially since our passes are now in blackout mode, until August!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #129
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Thank you for reading! I'm having fun reliving it all, especially since our passes are now in blackout mode, until August!
And I was hoping we could meet you sometime over the Summer. So, when do you have your next trip planned?
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #130
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hilarious! I love how frank you are, no beating around the bush, very refreshing!

We have encountered some very homely, my brothers say scary, princesses on our trips. It's always hit and miss.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #131
karajeboo

Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible Adventure!

Oh my goodness! Who knew it had been so long since I updated!!!!

It has been a crazy summer with Ally - golf clinic, swim team, play dates, oh my!

But I'm back to continue this crazy adventure!

I left off with bugs. Some of you may call them butterflies, but I call them bugs. Pull off the wings and look at them. Not so pretty now, are they? hmmmm?

We ventured through the main World Showcase entrance, and stopped at the Kim Possible experience kiosk. I asked the CM how close to the "appointment" time we needed to be - or is it like a FP and you can go anytime after the time? She said due to the limited number of "kimmunicators" you needed to be there shortly after your scheduled time. Hmmmm, we had 12:00 ADRs at Rose and Crown for lunch and were afraid that if we waited until afterwards, our Kim Possible time would be too late. So our sweeter than sweet CM slipped us the equivalent of a Kim Possible FP and said, "you never got this from me......"

So we were free to enjoy our lunch and then go back and grab our kimmunicator and start our adventure.

Now, silly silly Jeff never trusts me when it comes to ADRs. Why? I have no idea because we've never had a bad experience that has come from a restaurant he didn't want to try.

So here we go again with R&C. He had no desire to eat here, so I decided to try it for lunch. We were not on the DDP so we were using the TIW card for all our meals this trip. I figured that lunch would be cheaper than dinner, minus 20%.... how could we go wrong, right? YES!!! RIGHT!

Those pesky Brits tried to seat us inside but I was having none of that!!!! It was a beautiful day and I wanted to eat outside! So we were seated right by the water. Which would have been fine excpet for the blazing sun beating down!!!! That would mean an extra pint o'ale!!!!!

Jeff ordered the black and tan (1/2 guiness and 1/2 something else....). I also got 1/2 and 1/2 but they were both light beers.....

Despite the heat, the view was great. I will definitely try to schedule this some time during Illuminations!!!

I also grabbed some pics inside.....

Look at this guy - you know as well as I do that he just gave his wallet to his wife and said, "just don't tell me how much you spend and pick me up when the damage is done......"

We were brought some yummy breads.....

I ordered the fish and chips. Very good! Ranks right up there with Raglan Road which is one of my Disney faves!

Ally also got fish n chips. Funny how hers came with peas. I guess Disney wants to keep our kids healthy but knows that we adults are a lost cause!!!

Jeff got the shepherds pie and it was absolutely wonderful!!!! I had it at RR and it did not even come close to R&C. The only problem? The portion was very small..... even though it was only lunch.

As you can see, we all ended the meal very happy. Maybe it was the two pints?

So now that our bellies were full, we were finally ready to begin Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible adventure!!!!

We headed to the kiosk and they asked us which countries we had NOT done before. They were kind enough to send us right to the UK for us to begin battling bad guys.

Now for anyone who has never done this before, I won't ruin it for you. But you are given a "kimmunicator" which is basically a cell phone. Kids love it cause they pretend they have their own phone..... With this phone, you are given clues around the various countries. You follow the clues and really amazing things happen. Here is an example of a before and after.

This is what this box looked like before we responded to the clue and pressed the appropriate button on the kimmunicator.

And this is what happens AFTER....

It is so much fun!!! I think that the UK and Germany are my two faves while playing this game. Keep that in mind if you are asked which country you would like to play.

Note the bevvie in Jeff's hand - a must have while playing Kim Possible!!!!!

After we caught the bad guy and saved the world in the UK, we moved on to NOrway. Of course, what better place to relax after saving the world than in the Kringla Bakery!!!!!

Now I am embarassed to say..... I did not take pictures here. But I should have. Because even though we did get the school bread. We ALSO got a cloudberry horn. OMG!!!! Kind of like a creme puff, but shaped like a horn, with very light cream inside. Delish!!!! And we got Ally a chocolate gelato before we got there, from the kiosk in Italy.

This is what an 8 year old looks like after eating chocolate gelato in the Florida sun.....

I'm sure there were other adult libations on our trip around the world. Why else would I insist on taking this photo!!!!!

I could spend all day in Norway, just smelling the Laila fragrance in the shop..... Love it!!!! Which is why I have a bottle in my purse at all times!

As we made our way the rest of the way around the world, Jeff decided we needed to stop for Fiesta Margaritas. Hey, I'm all about a fiesta!!!

Look good, right?

Yup, tasted mighty fine, too. HOWEVER, please read disclaimer!!!! Do not mix margarita flavors or you will get this near the bottom!!!

And that, my friends, is NOT a very appetizing drink!!!! It wasn't until we got into Future World and I looked down at Jeff's drink and said, "OMG! Did you MIX that???" He looked down, made a face and said, "I won't do THAT again!"

Next up, some time spent in Future World, and of course Club Kool!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #132
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

An update! I was just thinking about you yesterday as we wandered around DTD.

Love the Fiesta Margarita's! Those horns sound fantastic, I'll have to go try one of those. By the way, you mentioned how everyone was happy after the meal, or maybe it was the two pints, but that is under a pic of you and Ally.

And to those that have not done Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible, you don't get the same mission each time in each country. We have done the UK twice and haven't had that box as a clue. Too cool!

Well, hopefully life won't keep you away so long this time, but we understand how it is.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 06-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #133
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Just joining. I'm from Jacksonville also! Arlington area
Old 06-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #134
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
An update! I was just thinking about you yesterday as we wandered around DTD.

Love the Fiesta Margarita's! Those horns sound fantastic, I'll have to go try one of those. By the way, you mentioned how everyone was happy after the meal, or maybe it was the two pints, but that is under a pic of you and Ally.

And to those that have not done Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible, you don't get the same mission each time in each country. We have done the UK twice and haven't had that box as a clue. Too cool!

Well, hopefully life won't keep you away so long this time, but we understand how it is.
Yup, there goes my Mother of the Year award.... AGAIN! Posting that pic!!! I had heard that you don't get the same mission each time. That is so good to know because KP is one of my favorite things in all of Disney!!!!

I saw you were heading to DTD on Facebook! I KNOW that you are there more than me!!! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Just joining. I'm from Jacksonville also! Arlington area
Yea!!!!! I'm in Orange Park but only lived in FL since late 2007. So I'm still getting used to the snakes, lizards, bugs, heat, snakes, lizards, bugs, heat, did I mention snakes????? But it has quickly become home!!! We love it here!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #135
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Yay. Good to hear from you. I wondered what happened to you.

However, now I'm sitting at work think how good a margarita would be right now

So explain the Kim possible thing to be. Do I need to reserve a time? My kids are definitely wanting to do that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: