Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #106
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Cool

I can't wait to hear about your BSIL.

Your AKL afternoon sounded great. Now I'm wondering if I should change one day of my plans for an AKV day finished with a boma dinner.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #107
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I totally agree with what you say about the AKL, the slide, the walking through the dining areas etc, all spot on! I'm eager to hear about the BSIL lol!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #108
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Yippee for another update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
If I have one complaint about AKL, it's that you have to walk through the lobby area of Boma and Jiko to get to the pool. It's very awkward really, and I felt so uncomfortable traipsing back in all wet and sloppy. And that was BEFORE I got in the pool! So you can imagine my appearance AFTER swimming! It's just an odd setup, IMHO.
at your description of yourself but yes, totally agree it is an odd set-up.

Sorry Ally wasn't a fan of the slide. Can't win 'em all, I guess. Your pool at home, by the way, sounds AWESOME. A cabana bar should be a requirement - right up there with lifeguards!

Quote:
Oooooh, AKL has WILD animals in the pool!!!! And wild children chasing them!
Ducks in the pool at Stormalong Bay. Is it just me or does this gross you out a little bit? I don't know why... I swim in the ocean and in lakes (not FL lakes -- gators!!)... but ducks in the pool just doesn't seem right to me.

Quote:
Then decided to head in and grab a drink. So we stopped at Victorias Falls and looked out over Boma.
Isn't that a nice bar area? Ally looks so adorable relaxing in her chair!

Quote:
We finally settled in the lobby and Ally settled in front of the TV. Yup, there goes our Parents of the Year Award! Take a trip to Disney and let your kid watch TV while sitting in the lobby drinking wine. Oh, and people watching. Did I mention how totally entertainng Jeff and I find people watching? We can entertain ourselves for HOURS!!!! Just put us in an airport, amusement park, hotel lobby, and we'll sit quietly (well, aside from the ocassional outbursts of hysterical laughter) by ourselves.
Sounds divine. And yes, totally guilty of people watching with running commentary.

Quote:
We had a date with Epcot the next day before meeting up with my SIL, heretofore known as BSIL (you can figure out the B, right?) and her family, just arriving for a week at the World. If you were here this week, I'm sure you saw and heard their family.........
That sounds ominous!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #109
Kathiria
Earning My Ears

This is my second post to this website. I have read many trip reports but this one takes the cake. I am reading this at work and . Ok back to work now I am looking forward to reading some more.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #110
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
I can't wait to hear about your BSIL.

Your AKL afternoon sounded great. Now I'm wondering if I should change one day of my plans for an AKV day finished with a boma dinner.
I did like my Boma dinner.... just sayin.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I totally agree with what you say about the AKL, the slide, the walking through the dining areas etc, all spot on! I'm eager to hear about the BSIL lol!
It's kinda weird, isn't it??? At say, YC/BC, there are a lot of different exits to pop outside to get to the pool, you don't need to go through the lobby. Same with BW. Those are the only other deluxes I've stayed at, but it just seemed weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sorry Ally wasn't a fan of the slide. Can't win 'em all, I guess. Your pool at home, by the way, sounds AWESOME. A cabana bar should be a requirement - right up there with lifeguards!

Lifeguards - CHECK!
Cabana Bar - CHECK!
AWESOME water slide - CHECK!!!

Ducks in the pool at Stormalong Bay. Is it just me or does this gross you out a little bit? I don't know why... I swim in the ocean and in lakes (not FL lakes -- gators!!)... but ducks in the pool just doesn't seem right to me.

I totally agree! And you can say it - you 're afraid of duck poopoo, aren't you????

Isn't that a nice bar area? Ally looks so adorable relaxing in her chair!

Yes, very nice - they even put booze in the drinks!!! An added bonus!

Sounds divine. And yes, totally guilty of people watching with running commentary.

I typically sit to make my commentary.....

That sounds ominous!
Be afraid, be VERY afraid......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathiria View Post
This is my second post to this website. I have read many trip reports but this one takes the cake. I am reading this at work and . Ok back to work now I am looking forward to reading some more.
I will not, I repeat, will NOT, be responsible for you losing your job! Times are tough out there, get back to work!!!!! And thanks for reading!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #111
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hahahaha, oh man! I cannot WAIT for these BSIL stories!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #112
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

people watching is the best. My friend Brenda and myself used to make games of it. i.e. fashion commentary or try to guess the occupation of everyone who walked in.

Can't wait for the BSIL story
My first marriage I had the worst in-laws (part of the reason for the marriage demise)
This marriage - PIL deceased, no other in-laws. yah! He's all mine
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #113
karajeboo

What did that chipmunk DO??????

I'm back! After a couple of busy weeks including an out of town wedding, battle with by BSIL over photopass pics, and just general end of school stuff. But finally back!

So after our first day at AKL and time spent at DHS and MK, it's up and at 'em again! This time we're off to my favorite park.... EPCOT!

This is our third time to WDW during the Flower and Garden festival and I just love it! I love Epcot anyway, but when it is just overflowing with beautiful blooms, it's even better.

So we get to the AKL bus stop and wait for our bus to Epcot. And wait. And wait. Like I've said a bazillion times before, there is no difference in bus transportation at any resort. It's hit or miss. Here we are in a deluxe resort and wait about 20 minutes for a bus, but we could have no wait at a value resort. It's just luck of the draw.

And our morning started out with a bit of bad luck. But I'm at Disney so who cares!!!!!

We finally hop our bus for the long trek to Epcot, and Jeff turns to me and says, so are we gonna play Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible again??? I start laughing and he says, "so are you gonna put that in your trip report? Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible? Get it?"

Yes, Jeff I get it, and it's pretty darn funny, and YES we are most definitely going to play Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible today!

Ally: What are you guys cracking up about?
Jeff: Oh, honey, we just love playing Kim Possible (aside, to me, <insert drinking motion here>)

So now that Jeff had something to look forward to......

My only complaint with Epcot, it's a haul from the bus to the entrance!!!!!

But finally inside..... paradise found!

There were princess topiaries lining the walkway in, and leave it to Ally to find a problem...... "Mommy, where's Ariel?" OK, so not ALL the princesses were represented. Just the cool ones.

We got here right after park opening, so there's really no waits yet, so we decide to grab fast passes for Soarin - read, we decided to have JEFF grab fast passes for Soarin, but Ally had other ideas. For the first time in 3 years she begged to go into Character Connection to see the gang.

So I waited with her while Jeff made the FP trek. I was really excited she wanted to do this. It reminded me of our first trip to Disney 3 years ago. Ally had just turned 5 and was terrified of Chuck E. Cheese. Well, so am I but for other reasons. I mean, seriously? A RAT in a restaurant? You'd better believe I'm afraid!!!

Anywho, at one birthday party she literally hid under a table until he left. Terrified. And again, I was scared, too! I mean, don't you ever wonder what's under those tables????

So we just didn't know how she'd relate to the big heads at DisneyWorld. Our first stop was at Epcot, and we saw the relatively new Character Connection and thought it was a gift shop. Jeff poked his head in there, popped out and said, "they're all there." We decided now was as good a time as any to see how she'd react.

Let's just say, she was a fan. Until that darn Chip got Sharpie marker on her dress! Leave it to the darn chipmunks to mess up her attire for the day! She freaked! In a split second, two CMs are converging on us like Jeff at a wing buffet.

CM: Ma'am, did that chipmunk hurt your daughter?
Kara: Uh, I don't think so, I think he just.....
CM (to Ally): What did that chipmunk do to you?
Meanwhile, Chip is shrugging his shoulders, but still smiling.......
Ally (crying and fleeing the chipmunks): uh uh
Kara: I think he just....
CM (to Chip): What happened?
Chip: <smiling, shrugging shoulders, but still not talking>
Kara: HE JUST GOT SOME MARKER ON HER WHEN HE HANDED HER THE PEN, IT'S OKAY!!!!!!

So from then on, Ally felt horrible that she got Chip in trouble. He became her new favorite character and we must have seen that damn squirrel at least 12 times that trip!!!!!

But I digress.......

Here we are again.

Still not pregnant, just dressing the part apparently. Cause if I wasn't pregnant in pics from the day before, ain't no way it happened overnight..... not in WDW!!!!

And where were Chip n Dale? Good question. I think they saw Ally coming and realized there weren't enough CM agents to handle her this time.

But here she was in 2006 with the infamous rodents..... BEFORE that Chip marked her shirt!

We were on our way to ride TT, when Ally spotted the fairies. Wow! These tiny creatures have taken over our house!!! Used to be princesses, but since they turned to the bottle, we've turned to the fairies...... And here they were in all their floral glory.

And of course, what fairie garden would be complete without taking the quiz for each and every one of the fairies????

We left the fairies and ventured over into the butterfly garden. This freaked me out too. Butterflys are what? They are BUGS!!! I don't do bugs. I don't care how colorful they are. They are bugs. And they were flying all over, cause, well, that's what butterflies do. They fly. Duh!

Up next, the much awaited Kim <insert drinking motion here> Possible Adventure!!!! And dinner with BSIL!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #114
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

LOL! That is a really funny Chip story. Poor Ally was sad she got him into trouble. Those are gorgeous photos!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #115
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

hilarious as ever. You guys are a hoot. I loved to hang out with yall <insert drinking motion>
Old 06-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #116
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Love the Chip story. I'm very excited about getting to the BSIL part.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #117
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
LOL! That is a really funny Chip story. Poor Ally was sad she got him into trouble. Those are gorgeous photos!
To this day she says, "mommy, remember when Chip marked on me?" We alwyas think of it as him marking his territory....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
hilarious as ever. You guys are a hoot. I loved to hang out with yall <insert drinking motion>
We laugh a lot, that's for sure!!!! <insert drinking motion over and over and over.....> LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Love the Chip story. I'm very excited about getting to the BSIL part.
Oh, you would not believe it!!!! Let me give you the latest. It will make the story from the trip even better. We asked if we could add our photopass card onto her account since they had already preordered the cd, right? She said SURE! So I log into her account (uh, she gave me the log in info, so obviously she agreed to this, right?) and after I uploaded my pics, a few days later they were gone! so I called photopass and it was confirmed the all my photos (not just from my card, but also some photos of us that were on their photopass card) were all manually deleted! So I had photopass add them back in. Then I changed my mind and told BSIL to just delete them. I emailed her this. And then I said, "oh, and can you please send me a check for your parnents gift from 13months ago...."

It's a long drawn out story but suffice it to say that she tried to lie and say that she didn't know what happened to our pics. Then she said that photopass "told her" to move them to a separate folder (what folder????) and I could add them in later. Then she said that no, the website told her to do that. But she would never admit to deleting them even though photopass person could look at the account and know exactly what happened!!!!

It got really ugly, but I kept my cool. Just straightforward and to the point. I'm just tired of always dealing with her BS. So now I'm the bad guy cause I've called her out. And she is busted BIG time!

So that's just one of many many stories I have of her.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #118
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
To this day she says, "mommy, remember when Chip marked on me?" We alwyas think of it as him marking his territory....

We laugh a lot, that's for sure!!!! <insert drinking motion over and over and over.....> LOL

Oh, you would not believe it!!!! Let me give you the latest. It will make the story from the trip even better. We asked if we could add our photopass card onto her account since they had already preordered the cd, right? She said SURE! So I log into her account (uh, she gave me the log in info, so obviously she agreed to this, right?) and after I uploaded my pics, a few days later they were gone! so I called photopass and it was confirmed the all my photos (not just from my card, but also some photos of us that were on their photopass card) were all manually deleted! So I had photopass add them back in. Then I changed my mind and told BSIL to just delete them. I emailed her this. And then I said, "oh, and can you please send me a check for your parnents gift from 13months ago...."

It's a long drawn out story but suffice it to say that she tried to lie and say that she didn't know what happened to our pics. Then she said that photopass "told her" to move them to a separate folder (what folder????) and I could add them in later. Then she said that no, the website told her to do that. But she would never admit to deleting them even though photopass person could look at the account and know exactly what happened!!!!

It got really ugly, but I kept my cool. Just straightforward and to the point. I'm just tired of always dealing with her BS. So now I'm the bad guy cause I've called her out. And she is busted BIG time!

So that's just one of many many stories I have of her.
GGRRrrrrr I dealt with all this kind of &@!!$^#* with my first marriage.
So glad I don't have those problems now. Thank God my brothers even married the most fabulous women ever. One of my sister-in-laws has become my best friend. It's lots of fun
Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #119
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

The chipmunk did "what" to your daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your problems with the photopass pics and your BSIL.

And what's with the blouses of today. They all make us look pregnant, but what I don't understand, most maternity wear these days is clingy, tight and not maternity looking at all.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 06-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #120
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

That's how ya tell the difference with the blouse - those with the real baby bumps have material stretched over them so tight there is no question they are pregnant and the rest of us are just plain comfortable

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: