Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #91
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great Update, Kara! I TA about the cheesy pop-up heads on HM - I always wonder why they still have them.

I love that you sing on SM! I don't like the drop, but the animatronics are SO worth it every time!
Yes, I sing. Loudly. Sometimes mess up the lyrics. Ticks off the people in front of me. So then I intentionally sing the wrong lyrics. I like to humor myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
I love HH it is one of my favorites
It is mine too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Haha, I can't! I have to save it for the TR
You suckered me in over there to the "dark side" in more ways than one!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #92
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

All hail the queen of upgrades! Looking forward to more.

hung-over princesses.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #93
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Ally is too adorable! Can you pass over some of that upgrade luck to me?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #94
Mommytwotwins
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying this report!!

1997 May/June off Property
2009 June POR
2010 August CB
2011 October Floridays/POP
2012 ????
Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #95
karajeboo

Swimming with wildlife......

We left MK, heading back to AK to explore and enjoy the resort. All Ally wanted to do was swim. Which cracks me up because we have the bomb diggity pool here in our development at home. Big water slide pool, plus a lap and diving pool, kiddie pool, and adults only pool. Oh, and a cabana bar. Yeah, Jeff and I kinda like that.....

So we changed into our suits and made our way to the pool. Clear on the other side of the resort.

This resort does not look that big, but it is spread out.

If I have one complaint about AKL, it's that you have to walk through the lobby area of Boma and Jiko to get to the pool. It's very awkward really, and I felt so uncomfortable traipsing back in all wet and sloppy. And that was BEFORE I got in the pool! So you can imagine my appearance AFTER swimming! It's just an odd setup, IMHO.

Now Ally is quite the pool slide connoiseur so here she goes to try it....

Not fast enough so we told her to lay back for more speed.....

And her final rating...

Jeff didn't seem to care one way or the other about the slide....

And these guys seemed to enjoy the pool too....

Oooooh, AKL has WILD animals in the pool!!!! And wild children chasing them!

After about an hour of pool time, and a little hot tub time, too, we felt nice and relaxed so we headed up to the room to shower and change for dinner. We developed a bit of Resort Gravity. Just couldn't bring ourselves to leave the resort, so we just went to Mara for dinner - just a little counter service for a quick bite.

I was not impressed with the selection here - I guess I'm spoiled by the CS at Pop, definitely the best food court that I have seen so far.

Ally got a pizza and I just got some chicken strips, and Jeff got a burger. Again, nothing too fancy schmancy.

After dinner we walked back out to the pool are and the safari viewing areas there. We checked out the flamingos....

Then decided to head in and grab a drink. So we stopped at Victorias Falls and looked out over Boma.

It was so nice to just sit and relax. Usually we run, run, run all day and just fall into bed at night. So this was a totally different experience for us.

Even Ally seemed to be enjoying the down time.

We took our drinks and wandered around the lobby taking more pics....

Walking out to the viewing area and looking back at the resort, it's gorgeous!

I just loved the light fixtures in here!!!!

We finally settled in the lobby and Ally settled in front of the TV. Yup, there goes our Parents of the Year Award! Take a trip to Disney and let your kid watch TV while sitting in the lobby drinking wine. Oh, and people watching. Did I mention how totally entertainng Jeff and I find people watching? We can entertain ourselves for HOURS!!!! Just put us in an airport, amusement park, hotel lobby, and we'll sit quietly (well, aside from the ocassional outbursts of hysterical laughter) by ourselves.

I especially like the "I'm glad MY child doesn't behave that way......" comments we always seem to make. C'mon, you know you do it too!!!! Watching some poor stressed out mother with 3 or 12 little ones in tow. And Dad...... where is Dad? I'm guessing he raced ahead to the room (or the bar!) to get a couple minutes of peace. Why do dads always seem to disappear right about the time of the emotional meltdowns????

We should have told them our little secret....... Bar down below, and Huey, Duey, and Louie doing all the work.

After watching a few head bobs from Ally, we decided to turn in for the night.

We had a date with Epcot the next day before meeting up with my SIL, heretofore known as BSIL (you can figure out the B, right?) and her family, just arriving for a week at the World. If you were here this week, I'm sure you saw and heard their family.........

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #96
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
All hail the queen of upgrades! Looking forward to more.

hung-over princesses.
Thank you, thank you, my loyal subjects......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Ally is too adorable! Can you pass over some of that upgrade luck to me?
Hey, I need to get my upgrade mojo back - it hasn't worked since AKL!!!! And thank you, we've decided to keep Ally.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytwotwins View Post
I am enjoying this report!!
Thank you! I love writing it!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #97
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I think you have great parenting techniques.

I love to people watch also. WDW has some of the best people watching.

DH and I had commented that we liked the moderates (POR) since you walk out of your room and can view all the scenery, I had never thought about how at the deluxe's you end up walking through the hotel to get to and from the pool. You would think there would be a back way to keep people from walking through the lobby like that.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012

900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #98
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I love to sit and people watch, too! You definitely see some characters and have some good laughs

And hey, letting the kid watch tv while you enjoy a glass of wine is fine by me! The mamas need some time to unwind also!

Excited to hear all about Epcot!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #99
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm sorry the AK slide was pretty boring. What a bummer. I love that they have ducks in their pool however. Highlarious! I'm excited to hear all about BSIL. She sounds like a gem. Bring her on!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #100
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I think you have great parenting techniques.

I love to people watch also. WDW has some of the best people watching.

DH and I had commented that we liked the moderates (POR) since you walk out of your room and can view all the scenery, I had never thought about how at the deluxe's you end up walking through the hotel to get to and from the pool. You would think there would be a back way to keep people from walking through the lobby like that.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of this trip.
Isn't it true that people watching is the best in WDW!!!! There is a little of everything there..... I love to comment on the clothing selections, too. Jeff prefers the stilletos to walk around the parks, I like my theory of the larger the person, the shorter the shorts......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
I love to sit and people watch, too! You definitely see some characters and have some good laughs

And hey, letting the kid watch tv while you enjoy a glass of wine is fine by me! The mamas need some time to unwind also!

Excited to hear all about Epcot!
Glad to hear that we have the same parenting style......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm sorry the AK slide was pretty boring. What a bummer. I love that they have ducks in their pool however. Highlarious! I'm excited to hear all about BSIL. She sounds like a gem. Bring her on!
Oh, you have no idea what you are in for..... Let me put it this way - we went on a trip with all my inlaws last year and Jeff said, "NEVER AGAIN!!!" Then his sis called to say they were going to Disney and would we like to meet up with them for "dinner." Mind you, they drove and passed within 20-30 minutes of our house but never once considered stopping to visit. MY sister on the other hand, flew to Disney, rented a car, drove 2 1/2 hrs to see me, and even cut their trip short so they could see us.

Needless to say, my sis is more welcome in my home anyway...... but it's because of HER. She makes a much better houseguest anyway.

Just wait, you'll looooooove the BSIL stories coming up.....

Old 05-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #101
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Kara, I loved your down time Caution - you could get used to it! It is funny how the pool is so inconvenient to get to. We also got resort gravity when we stayed there - we cancelled ressies at Fulton's and got a table at Boma that night. Oh, I'm cringing thinking about the BSIL stories!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #102
tink1957
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a lovely day at AKL. I always mean to just take a day to relax by the pool when I'm at WDW, but it never seems to happen. I always tend to overschedule. Maybe next time I can manage it since we'll be there for 12 days.

I can't wait to hear your BSIL stories, I have a few of my own I could share, but we won't go there.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #103
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Just joining and can't wait to hear the BSIL stories. Great report.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #104
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I can't wait for the BSIL stories too!

We're thinking of doing some "down time/pool days" on our next trip but I'm the type that always thinks I'm missing out on something.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #105
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Kara, I loved your down time Caution - you could get used to it! It is funny how the pool is so inconvenient to get to. We also got resort gravity when we stayed there - we cancelled ressies at Fulton's and got a table at Boma that night. Oh, I'm cringing thinking about the BSIL stories!
Love Boma!!!! But that's later in the TR.... don't get me off track, my mind is easily distracted.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
It sounds like you had a lovely day at AKL. I always mean to just take a day to relax by the pool when I'm at WDW, but it never seems to happen. I always tend to overschedule. Maybe next time I can manage it since we'll be there for 12 days.

I can't wait to hear your BSIL stories, I have a few of my own I could share, but we won't go there.
This was the perfect resort to spend time in. Almost felt like we were wasting the trip not being in the park as long.... NAH!!!! And you'll love my BSIL (note: the "B" does NOT stand for beauty!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Just joining and can't wait to hear the BSIL stories. Great report.
Again, the "B" does NOT stand for Brainiac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I can't wait for the BSIL stories too!

We're thinking of doing some "down time/pool days" on our next trip but I'm the type that always thinks I'm missing out on something.
Kathy, I loved this resort for down time. The pool was fairly quiet, and to get up from the pool and head to the savannah overlook was pretty darn cool.

"B" does NOT stand for BEST.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: