Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Have a great trip Nicole! I'm sending some upgrade mojo your way!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yea to Floridians!!! Although we might be moving back to SC after less than 2 years here in sunny FL.
WHAT?! No!!!!

Seriously?! Your new TR is already on page 3?! I need to log on more often. Great start, you always make me laugh. Maybe one day you'll make it further south on I-95, maybe for a trip with DCL?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #33
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Aren't they all?

Oh yeah, good point!

I never get upgraded
Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #34
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

You had me cracking up reading your update - I love your sense of humor!

I need to learn some of your tricks, we usually go for 2-3 days also and have NEVER been upgraded! I'll work on my smile.

And so true about the dogs. We have three and I often joke that their pet sitting fees are more than my resort charges!

Can't wait for more!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #35
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

WOW- You are the queen!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #36
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

You are a lucky duck so when I go next time I am going to have you check me in. It's that southern charm you know us New Englander's are lacking in that dept.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #37
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm so behind - already on page 3! That is so cool you got the upgrade - best place to get one! I always book Standard view, too - but at AKL I booked Savannah view and then asked for my friends the giraffes at check-in - I love giraffes! That was the whole reason I wanted to stay there.

You are starting out so funny - "poodle view" Can't wait for more!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #38
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
WHAT?! No!!!!

Seriously?! Your new TR is already on page 3?! I need to log on more often. Great start, you always make me laugh. Maybe one day you'll make it further south on I-95, maybe for a trip with DCL?
Still up in the air on the move...... After a nice relaxing evening by the pool last night, I'm against the move.

Oh, dont' get me started on DCL - I caught Jeff studying up on it - bathroom reading material ya know......

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh yeah, good point!

I never get upgraded
Cleavage, lots of ..... I mean charming personality and winning smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
You had me cracking up reading your update - I love your sense of humor!

I need to learn some of your tricks, we usually go for 2-3 days also and have NEVER been upgraded! I'll work on my smile.

And so true about the dogs. We have three and I often joke that their pet sitting fees are more than my resort charges!

Can't wait for more!
Bucky does so well at the kennel/vet AND I always have his shots and exams done while he's there. That way I'm not the bad guy holding him while he gets his shots! See? Always thinkin here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
WOW- You are the queen!
Charming personality and winning smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
You are a lucky duck so when I go next time I am going to have you check me in. It's that southern charm you know us New Englander's are lacking in that dept.
Just don't threaten to have the CM's "whacked" and you'll be okay! OH, wait, you're not from NJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm here! I'm so behind - already on page 3! That is so cool you got the upgrade - best place to get one! I always book Standard view, too - but at AKL I booked Savannah view and then asked for my friends the giraffes at check-in - I love giraffes! That was the whole reason I wanted to stay there.

You are starting out so funny - "poodle view" Can't wait for more!
We had a giraffe right outside our room at one time! We kept joking about it, and then while Jeff ws in the shower we looked out and it was RIGHT THERE!!! He didn't believe us and almost missed it!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #39
afeld111781
afeld111781

OMG...I am new to the dis but have been reading for the last couple months because my husband and i (31 and 27) are planning our first trip ever with our almost 5yr DD and 2yr DS this sept-oct, when I found your upgrades and underwear TR...i about split my gut reading it and just got done reading the beginning of this one. You are such a funny writer and I am thoroughly enjoying reading this one already...I especially loved the comment about your husband and the dino phobia...LOL...that pic was really funny! Just wanted to let you know you have another follower for this TR..I love getting all you vet. disers points of view on the place I have been dreaming of for my whole life.

(My family thinks I may be a little too old to be so in love with all things Disney so its nice to find people out there that know Disney is the only way to go!!)
Old 05-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #40
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Glad to have found your TR. I have been lucky too. My first trip I got upgraded to a water view corner unit. The second trip was a land and sea one. Well just days before the cruise I got a call if I was ok being upgraded to a suit, um let me think HECK YA! So we had this great suit and concierge service. When we arrived at POR we didn't get a special upgrade at first. We actually had one of the farthest rooms but I had some real trouble with swelling this trip, thank goodness for flip flops. When we finally made it down to our room I called to see if by chance they had a closer room due to my swelling. They said yes we do it's in the Mansions if that is ok? Sure not a problem with me. We got bumped to a beautiful room with a water view again. Oh and we had gotten the dinning plan with circ tickets, but we really didn't care to see it as we have several here in Vegas. So we got lucky with Disney Credit for the tickets as they were on a break. Score extra spending money!!

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #41
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeld111781 View Post
OMG...I am new to the dis but have been reading for the last couple months because my husband and i (31 and 27) are planning our first trip ever with our almost 5yr DD and 2yr DS this sept-oct, when I found your upgrades and underwear TR...i about split my gut reading it and just got done reading the beginning of this one. You are such a funny writer and I am thoroughly enjoying reading this one already...I especially loved the comment about your husband and the dino phobia...LOL...that pic was really funny! Just wanted to let you know you have another follower for this TR..I love getting all you vet. disers points of view on the place I have been dreaming of for my whole life.

(My family thinks I may be a little too old to be so in love with all things Disney so its nice to find people out there that know Disney is the only way to go!!)
Thank you! And, uh, NOOOO, you are def not too old to love Disney! I'm 42 and think it's the bomb diggity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
Glad to have found your TR. I have been lucky too. My first trip I got upgraded to a water view corner unit. The second trip was a land and sea one. Well just days before the cruise I got a call if I was ok being upgraded to a suit, um let me think HECK YA! So we had this great suit and concierge service. When we arrived at POR we didn't get a special upgrade at first. We actually had one of the farthest rooms but I had some real trouble with swelling this trip, thank goodness for flip flops. When we finally made it down to our room I called to see if by chance they had a closer room due to my swelling. They said yes we do it's in the Mansions if that is ok? Sure not a problem with me. We got bumped to a beautiful room with a water view again. Oh and we had gotten the dinning plan with circ tickets, but we really didn't care to see it as we have several here in Vegas. So we got lucky with Disney Credit for the tickets as they were on a break. Score extra spending money!!
Maybe we should pool our mojo, we might be in a deluxe suite at the GF before too long!!!!

When we upgraded our 7 day PHs into season passes last year, not only did we get the passes, but I think the CM misfigured something because we also got a $250 gift card for the "difference"! The funny part is that my inlaws had paid for the entire week long trip, so to upgrade the tix, AND get the gift card, it was like, "thank you inlaws!" Our first year's passes cost us NOTHING! Now the renewal on the other hand......

Old 05-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #42
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What a perfect upgrade! You lucky girl you!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #43
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

All Hail the Queen of Upgrades
Your Highness please besto some cleavage er I mean magic my way
So glad your dog got the "poodle view" I'm sure he was appreciative.
Can't wait to join in for the hijinx on TR
Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #44
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Loved your pictures and reading about the upgrade! Good going!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #45
jcmc
Mouseketeer

great report so far!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: