Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

There are 5 educational stations scattered around AK, where kids can chat with the CM and actually learn something. They think they are helping the CM and having fun. After the 5 minute visit/lesson, they get a little card that gets stamped each time they complete one of these stops.

The reason I'm mentioning it here on the photo op thread, is because of the cute pics you can catch of the kids helping the CM sort dinosaur bones or looking at live spiders.
Also, a great little break to look at your map or re-group.

The buildings in AK are so cleverly weathered and distressed, that it's fun to take pictures of them to add atmosphere shots to your collection. Check out the crazy tangle of electric wiring coming from the buildings in Africa. AK is a great place to pay close attention to detail.

Also, the small signs posted around are very interesting. Almost as though English is not the first language of the person who wrote them. Very clever.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #17
gk90
Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!

I know that one of the educational stations is in Rafiki's planet watch/Conservation station (which btw is a great place for a photo op), where are the other 4? Is there a description/listing for them anywhere?

Other great places for photos: Maharajah jungle trek and the queues for Kali River rapids and EE.

IMwink, great tips thread!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 AM   #18
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk90 View Post
I know that one of the educational stations is in Rafiki's planet watch/Conservation station (which btw is a great place for a photo op), where are the other 4? Is there a description/listing for them anywhere?
We only found 3.
1. In Asia, on the way to EE, near the monkeys.
2. In Dinoland, somewhere.
3. As you leave ITTBAB.

I wish I could be more helpful!
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #19
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Updated

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Here are a few I took last week.

Animal Kingdom
Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #21
Sherrynny
Mouseketeer

Try the area behind Flame Tree BBQ, very quiet and serene. Very Asian influenced, there is a koi pond, almost temple like. I have rarely seen anyone back there. Or if you go to the eating areas, you can get a nice picture of Expedition Everest.
Sherrynny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #22
gk90
Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
We only found 3.
1. In Asia, on the way to EE, near the monkeys.
2. In Dinoland, somewhere.
3. As you leave ITTBAB.

I wish I could be more helpful!
Thanks Eljay--I did a little digging and came up with this page, which lists 6--are these the ones you saw? http://www.stitchkingdom.com/discovery/

The one we saw isn't listed on the page above so maybe it's a different type of station--it was in the Conservation Station building itself. 2 very nice CMs, older gentlemen, asked our kids to help them with organizing some of the equipment that was going to be used for the veterinary procedures--I think it was a load of little vials--and after they helped a couple of minutes the CMs gave the kids souvenir cards. I think the cards are in my Passporter, I shoulld dig them out.

Tags
animal kingdom, pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: