Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #271
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

DAY 2 UNIVERSAL & IOA

Had a wonderful breakfast at the Gingerbread House. It was nice to just to get up and take a nice walk to breakfast. It is just so nice to be able to take a stroll through the village to breakfast. Then we were off to Universal and IOA. Alex loves cars and was so excited to see the Fast and Furious Cars. That was a highlight for him. Then off to the Kid's Zone. The boys loved the Curious George area and laughed and played in the water. They were soaked (so it is a good ideal to bring an extra change of clothes) but they had so much fun. The boys loved the Woody Wood Pecker roller coaster. And then the ET Ride. They had so much fun on that one. Lucas would get alittle scared because it was a dark ride. But there was not much there that the boys wanted to do. We ate lunch at Mel's Diner well as most of you can already guess with Alex we would have to eat at a place with cars. The next ride we got alittle special attention. We all wanted to ride the Jaws ride but Lucas was alittle nervous because he likes to know what he is getting into before he does anything. One of the ride operators seen how nervous he was and said she would take us to the control room and we could watch his dad on the ride so Lucas could see what was happening. So it was really cool to see how the ride operates and the control room. But after watching the behind the scenes and Lucas said I do not think so. Before we left we were lucky we found Sponge Bob. Lucas was really excited about that but SpongeBob was leaving but they seen Lucas' button and said that he could come on. I thought that was so nice of them to give Lucas that chance. Then we walked out and there was Jimmy Neutron so that was exciting for both boys. So as I stated earlier there was not a lot there at the park for the boys but it was hard to drag my husband out but the boys were ready to go. They just loved GKTW and wanted to go back but we said let's go to IOA. We just got in and the rain started so that trip was cut alittle short because of all of the rain. There was a few things that my husband wanted to do so he ran to do those. The boys and I went to Seuss Landings and only got to ride a few things and then the lightening started. So we decided it might just be best to he ad back to the village. One of the services at the village is to have your meal delivered to your villa. We were cold and wet and just did not feel like getting out so it was nice to pick up the phone and order your food. Then we ended the night with a tuck in service with Mayor Clayton. Oh that was so much fun. The Mayor was so sweet and the boys had so much fun with their tuck in. They were fast off to sleep with their Mayor Clayton's stuff animal tucked in their arms. We have a very early morning the next day. So sweet Disney Dreams!!! That surprised does Disney have in store for us.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #272
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Pictures of Day 2

Having computer problems. I am sorry that the pictures were not with the TR. Will have the Magical Morning trip as soon as possible. Another full of Nashville with Lucas on MOnday. He will get his test results.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #273
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

I didn't know mayor clayton tucked you in! that's so cool!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #274
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
I didn't know mayor clayton tucked you in! that's so cool!
Oh yes!!! It was really awesome!! The boys thought it was cool. It was one of those sweet moments.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #275
maroo
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!

An update!

I have still not been to Universal or IOA. One day I will have to go!

I LOVE that he got to go in the control room at Jaws. I had forgotten about that!

I guess I am a Disney girl!

I can't wait to see your take on the Magical Morning. I know it was a whirlwind for you - even more than for me, and that says a lot...because it was quite a whirlwind!

But I am looking forward to your thoughts. I hope that you will use any pictures I have that you would like. You can just copy and paste the IMG code for the ones you want to use and just copy them over here. Feel free.

Maybe writing some about that Magical Morning will keep you occupied tomorrow as you go back to the doctor.

Praying for you guys!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #276
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Woo Hoo!

An update!

I have still not been to Universal or IOA. One day I will have to go!

I LOVE that he got to go in the control room at Jaws. I had forgotten about that!

I guess I am a Disney girl!

I can't wait to see your take on the Magical Morning. I know it was a whirlwind for you - even more than for me, and that says a lot...because it was quite a whirlwind!

But I am looking forward to your thoughts. I hope that you will use any pictures I have that you would like. You can just copy and paste the IMG code for the ones you want to use and just copy them over here. Feel free.

Maybe writing some about that Magical Morning will keep you occupied tomorrow as you go back to the doctor.

Praying for you guys!!!
I guess everyone should have least one experience of Universal but after going to both parks it made me a Disney Girl.

I have begun writing my thoughts on that Magical Morning. So I am about half way there. So hopefully I will have it done very soon. I may take you up on your pictures. Needless to say we did not get many that morning. So we are so appreciative of your pictures.

Thank you for your prayers. I am beginning to get a little nervous.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #277
ennisb
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much, Universal and IOA I find to be a bit of fun, very different than WDW but we do have fun there.

DVC Owner and fortunate enough to have enjoyed WDW, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Magic's inaugural trip thru the Panama Canal, and Aulani
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #278
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Good luck with the results tomorrow!

Lynn
Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #279
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Good luck with the results tomorrow!

Lynn
Thank you!!! We appreciate it so much!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #280
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Great update! I have not been to Universal or IOA either. i'm a Disney girl too - though I think DD would like Seuss landing.

Good luck tomorrow! We will all be thinking of you!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #281
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Will be praying for your drive tomorrow and that the test results are good.

We try to visit Universal and IOA every once in a while. They are okay, just different, but I am always glad to get back to Disney.

Oh yes, love the pics. They are great.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #282
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

So glad you had a great trip!!! Remember that we are all praying for you guys and clean scans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #283
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Great update! I have not been to Universal or IOA either. i'm a Disney girl too - though I think DD would like Seuss landing.

Good luck tomorrow! We will all be thinking of you!
Seuss Landing was pretty cool!

Thank you for wishes. We sure appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
Will be praying for your drive tomorrow and that the test results are good.

We try to visit Universal and IOA every once in a while. They are okay, just different, but I am always glad to get back to Disney.

Thank you for your prayers. We really do appreicate them. I think we will enjoy Universal more when the boys get older.
Oh yes, love the pics. They are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
So glad you had a great trip!!! Remember that we are all praying for you guys and clean scans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers. That is what is getting me through these days.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #284
maroo
DIS Veteran

Just wanted you to know you have been on my mind all morning.

I hope that you are not too nervous and that you have found a peace that you can't explain.

I will call you later!

Praying!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #285
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Just wanted you to know you have been on my mind all morning.

I hope that you are not too nervous and that you have found a peace that you can't explain.

I will call you later!

Praying!!!
Thank you!!! I am better today than I thought. I have found a peace. Lucas asked me today what if they are not gone. I told him we would just deal with it just like we did before. That everything would be OK no matter the outcome of today. God has blessed us through this on and will continue to do that. That is what we are going to focus on for today.

Looking forward to talkign to you later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: