Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #166
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Big give day!!!!





It is amazing how all of you time the Big Give just when we need it the most.Alex has had a hard time adjusting to school. He was very sad And the Big Give really made him happy. So a big thank you to a Friend of Mickey. Everything was just wonderful. Alex ca not wait until he can wear his pirate hat on the Pirate and Pal Firework cruise The boys loved all of their treasure. Yes we did have to have a treasure hunt with all of the goodies. It was a great night of fun!!! So thank you for that!

Thank you so much for for all the "BIG GIVE" for bringing the best gift of all the gift of joy, excitement and laughter in our home!!!

HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #167
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

That is so funny. Liam recieved those pirate hats and the same pirate treasure box yesterday. Now the boys all match. The treasure box was one of his favorite gifts.

I agree with you and Vroomvroomlightning. I would have been nice for us all to meet there. I feel a little gipped that we miss each other by only a couple of days.
Corrine 1973 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #168
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
That is so funny. Liam recieved those pirate hats and the same pirate treasure box yesterday. Now the boys all match. The treasure box was one of his favorite gifts.

I agree with you and Vroomvroomlightning. I would have been nice for us all to meet there. I feel a little gipped that we miss each other by only a couple of days.
Oh my boys just loved those treasure boxes. My youngest even slept with his. I had to convince to put it at the head of this bed so he would not crush it in his sleep.

I know I can not believe the three of us miss each other by just days!!! That would of been great to meet each other!!!

I PM that info to you.
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #169
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Oh my boys just loved those treasure boxes. My youngest even slept with his. I had to convince to put it at the head of this bed so he would not crush it in his sleep.

I know I can not believe the three of us miss each other by just days!!! That would of been great to meet each other!!!

I PM that info to you.
I got it, thankyou so very much. You know why.
Corrine 1973 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #170
xanphylus
DIS Veteran
 
xanphylus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 1,358

You can tell the boys they have cootie catchers coming there way! Cooties ahoy! Anyway- my Aleks didn't wanna write out directions... go figure. She is getting enough writing at school by what I gather... third grade must be a lot of writing and learning new words. She even had to have a thesaurus this year! She and Davy (my almost one year old DS) made them something extra special- I won't ruin the surprise, but she was very proud of herself. You should have seen them at the table with their creations! It was cute!
Anyway, hope you guys are doing good - Aleks says she wishes you guys were going at the same time as us! She is just excited as all get out to miss school for Disney!
__________________
1994- Off site, 2007- Off site, 2009- PoP Century, 2010- Canceled, 2011- Canceled AGAIN

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #171
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
You can tell the boys they have cootie catchers coming there way! Cooties ahoy! Anyway- my Aleks didn't wanna write out directions... go figure. She is getting enough writing at school by what I gather... third grade must be a lot of writing and learning new words. She even had to have a thesaurus this year! She and Davy (my almost one year old DS) made them something extra special- I won't ruin the surprise, but she was very proud of herself. You should have seen them at the table with their creations! It was cute!
Anyway, hope you guys are doing good - Aleks says she wishes you guys were going at the same time as us! She is just excited as all get out to miss school for Disney!
Please tell her we are so excited and just can not wait to have our own cootie's. I do not blame her with all of that writing. I know it is amazing what my 2nd grader is already doing. in school. So please let her know we can not wait!

We are doing well and getting very excited about our trip. Please tell her we would of loved to be there the same time as her and we all could meet. Tell her my boys are excited to miss school too!!!
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #172
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Big give!!!!





We have had another Big Give. WOW!!! The boys received two bags filled with goodies!! What talent you have in making those bags. They were adorable!!! I have overwhelmed with the talent of all of the Big Givers.

Thank you so much both boys enjoyed those so much!!!
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #173
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Another great Big Give!!!!

I agree with you, I am truley amazed on how talented the people with the big are and how big their hearts are.

Less than two weeks before you go.
How excited are you???
Corrine 1973 is offline  
Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #174
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Another great Big Give!!!!

I agree with you, I am truley amazed on how talented the people with the big are and how big their hearts are.

Less than two weeks before you go.
How excited are you???
Excited!!! Oh my!!!! We are so excited and can not wait. My family just needs some time away. We are anxiously awaiting to see if the year long chemo has kept his disease in remission and the tumors have responded. So I am very anxious about that. Also I have just learned there maybe cuts at work so I am very worried about my job. I may not have a job when I get back. So needless to say with all of this going on I am needing a break very badly. Oh my where did all of that come from. Maybe I needed to vent alittle. So this trip has helped take my attention away from all of the stress.
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #175
wkualum
Mouseketeer
 
wkualum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Excited!!! Oh my!!!! We are so excited and can not wait. My family just needs some time away. We are anxiously awaiting to see if the year long chemo has kept his disease in remission and the tumors have responded. So I am very anxious about that. Also I have just learned there maybe cuts at work so I am very worried about my job. I may not have a job when I get back. So needless to say with all of this going on I am needing a break very badly. Oh my where did all of that come from. Maybe I needed to vent alittle. So this trip has helped take my attention away from all of the stress.
Aww so sorry to hear about your work. You'll be leaving for your trip very soon (2 weeks from today!!!!) so that definitely gives you something else to think about. Everyone will get to leave their problems in Kentucky!! I pray that everything works out for you and you continue to keep your job. It's just really sad hearing of people losing their job.

And be expecting a little more Big Give mail *hopefully* tomorrow
wkualum is offline  
Old 08-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #176
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkualum View Post
Aww so sorry to hear about your work. You'll be leaving for your trip very soon (2 weeks from today!!!!) so that definitely gives you something else to think about. Everyone will get to leave their problems in Kentucky!! I pray that everything works out for you and you continue to keep your job. It's just really sad hearing of people losing their job.

And be expecting a little more Big Give mail *hopefully* tomorrow


This trip has been a great distraction for me. We have alot on our plates once we return. Lucas has his MRI, CAT Scans and Bone scans the Thursday we return and then on that Monday we finally get our results. We are praying that we will find out he is remission and the tumors have responding. Also I am hoping I come back to a job. Thank you so much for your prayers. Knowing that people are prayng really gives me the strenght to face the days a head.

But right now we have Disney to look forward too!!! That is where I am trying to keep my mind!!! The Big Give has been so exciting. WE just can not wait to get home to see all of the great surprises. Thank you for your words tonight I really needed it!
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #177
jenb1023
DIS Veteran
 
jenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,507

I've been off the boards for a week and look at all the great big give gifts you have received! I am glad the trip and the gifts are giving you guys the smiles you need and something to look forward to. Feel free to vent here any time when the stress gets you down! Your trip will be here before you know it!
__________________
Me (Jen) DH DD 9 Mickey


Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
jenb1023 is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #178
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
I've been off the boards for a week and look at all the great big give gifts you have received! I am glad the trip and the gifts are giving you guys the smiles you need and something to look forward to. Feel free to vent here any time when the stress gets you down! Your trip will be here before you know it!

It is so nice to be able to go to a place and vent and also that everyone understands what you are going through. I can not believe our trip is finally so close. Also I can not wait until it is here but there is another part that has reallly enjoyed all of the excitement and distraction that this trip has allowed. So at times I wish it would not be so close.
Matt1026 is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #179
xanphylus
DIS Veteran
 
xanphylus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Also I can not wait until it is here but there is another part that has reallly enjoyed all of the excitement and distraction that this trip has allowed. So at times I wish it would not be so close.
I hear you on the distraction bit!! And I second that motion! Distraction is a blessing sometimes. Its not quite the same in my little boat as yours, but I definitely need the distraction right now. Bills are piling up and they are cuting hours at DH's work again... I can't wait for our trip, but the sooner it gets here, the sooner it is over. But still, I can't wait! Its going to be such fun! And even better- you don't think about the issues in life when you have such a great thing coming and you know its coming! Anyway- enough of my mumblings..... Have a great day!
__________________
1994- Off site, 2007- Off site, 2009- PoP Century, 2010- Canceled, 2011- Canceled AGAIN

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline  
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #180
Matt1026
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
I hear you on the distraction bit!! And I second that motion! Distraction is a blessing sometimes. Its not quite the same in my little boat as yours, but I definitely need the distraction right now. Bills are piling up and they are cuting hours at DH's work again... I can't wait for our trip, but the sooner it gets here, the sooner it is over. But still, I can't wait! Its going to be such fun! And even better- you don't think about the issues in life when you have such a great thing coming and you know its coming! Anyway- enough of my mumblings..... Have a great day!
Mumble away!! Trust me as you said I understand where you are coming from. I hope things work out for you and your DH. Trust me I know about the bills piling up and all. But right now we have Disney and our trips to look forward too.. That is all good!! You have a great day too!
Matt1026 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways MrsJobba1 Disney Cruise Meets 921 09-28-2009 06:50 PM
Our "Because I Love You" Trip DVC Style...DAILY UPDATES STARTED 8/8/09 ariel1025 Completed Trip Reports 112 08-08-2009 06:05 PM
Kidani Village Rocked! Our Trip Report lugnut33 DVC-Mousecellaneous 152 06-23-2009 05:09 PM
Family's First Trip to WDW. SAD NEWS AGAIN!!! lizet313 Completed Trip Reports 193 06-16-2009 12:59 PM
Diane's trip report day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8(going home) dianeschlicht DVC-Mousecellaneous 94 05-14-2009 06:19 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.