Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
princess_adriela
Earning My Ears

Angry Did anyone else have trouble with their luggage?

Okay so we got back about two weeks ago now (4/18-4/25) we got off to a VERY rocky start

So first of all our flight from Tucson to Houston got delayed about an hour an a half, mind you were at the airport at 4 am! Because the weather was horrible, full of rain n lightning, scary! So around 6 we got on the plane n headed to houston after rerouting n going through Dallas n El Paso. Finally after 2 n a half hours on the plane we got to houston were the time was 10:30 I believe? But when we got to our depot the lady told us our flight got delayed n we had to wait there until the weather got better. We waited there until 12:30 n finally headed to Orlando . we thought we were in the clear after we got onto the magical express bus since we didnt have to check in our luggage n all. We finally got to our resort at 4:30, POR, by then we were starving! So we headed down to boatwrights after we checked in. We finished dinner around 10 n went to our room n guess what? NO LUGGAGE!! I started freaking out!!! What had happened? Did they lose our luggage somewhere in Houston?! I called bellservice n they confirmed my biggest fears, they couldnt locate our luggage! They then assured me we would get it by 12 midnight. Here comes midnight n NO luggage?! we then got a knock on the door n it was one of the employees handing me a bag of toiletrees n pajamas for my whole family! He went into the general store n grabbed anything he could for us! We were grateful for POR generosity but we still needed our things we were booked for a week there. So here came morning n still nothing we called again n they gave us 300$ credit to go into the general store n buy whatever we needed, which was awesome! After our little shopping spree we went down to the foodcourt n had breakfast. The time was around 11am, after breakfast we went back to our room n our luggage was there! turns out magical express didnt pick up our luggage. Thank God they found it! We thought we were gonna have a Griswalds vacation All n all Disney was great to us! Off to a rocky start but our vacation was GREAT! I just wanted to know if anyone else has had trouble with their luggage not being delivered?

I L0v3 MY LIF3 AS A M0MMy N A WiF3!!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

I'm glad you vacation was great even though it started out so rough.

It sounds to me like your luggage may have been shuffled around a bit due to the airline who delayed and rerouted you and that this was not necessarily the fault of DME.
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Oh my! We just got back from our week at WDW and you've confirmed one of my biggest fears. My DW asked me why we didn't use the yellow stickers and let ME take them, and I keep telling her the same thing... "one less place to lose luggage". I'm so glad you had a happy ending to a rocky start. Did you get to keep the merchandise from the store?
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
princess_adriela
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Oh my! We just got back from our week at WDW and you've confirmed one of my biggest fears. My DW asked me why we didn't use the yellow stickers and let ME take them, and I keep telling her the same thing... "one less place to lose luggage". I'm so glad you had a happy ending to a rocky start. Did you get to keep the merchandise from the store?
ahh thanks but yeah we actually had to charge everything to our room so they could credit us later...

I L0v3 MY LIF3 AS A M0MMy N A WiF3!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: