Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

upgrading tickets to Annual Pass

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use the tickets in package towards the purchase of an annual pass.

We are going to POP on a package this summer. We bought DVC, but decided to keep this trip because they are giving us a $500 gift card. I would like to take the cost that we paid for the tickets (according to the CM, the ticket value in the package was 908.45) and apply that against an Annual Pass purchase with the DVC discount that we will now be able to get. This cost would be 1600.00for four adults since my DD will turn 10 before we use the AP again.

This sounds easy, but I want to be sure if we can do this.

Also would love to use the $500 gift card against it, but the CM wasn't sure if I could use that for the upgrade to AP but we could always use it for dining and use our reward card dollars for the upgrade.

Thanks for any input!
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar View Post
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use the tickets in package towards the purchase of an annual pass.
Yes.

Quote:
We are going to POP on a package this summer. We bought DVC, but decided to keep this trip because they are giving us a $500 gift card.

1- I would like to take the cost that we paid for the tickets (according to the CM, the ticket value in the package was 908.45) and apply that against an Annual Pass purchase with the DVC discount that we will now be able to get. This cost would be 1600.00for four adults since my DD will turn 10 before we use the AP again.

This sounds easy, but I want to be sure if we can do this.

2-Also would love to use the $500 gift card against it, but the CM wasn't sure if I could use that for the upgrade to AP but we could always use it for dining and use our reward card dollars for the upgrade.
1- You will get the FULL GATE value for the package tickets.
BUT, you must first USE the tickets to go into a theme park BEFORE you do the upgrade.

2- You certainly can use the $500 gift card to help pay for the upgrade.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents
1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes (Including Renewal Vouchers)
15H. Upgrading Completely Used Tickets
16. Price List as of August 3, 2008
17. Comparison Chart of 2007 and 2008 Pricing.
18. Free On Your Birthday 2009 Promotion
19. Additional Birthday Promotion Details and Clarification
20. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2009

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
bonybroad
I'm addicted to smilies!

Groundhog Day.
bonybroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonybroad View Post
Groundhog Day.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

Robo and Figment, thanks for your responses, I knew you would help.

One question though about waiting a day to buy the AP ticket.

Since I am buying the ticket in the package (no outside discounts) aren't I already at full ticket price?? Do I really need to use the ticket once before upgrade? If I am reading it right even if I use the ticket one day, or two days, etc The start of the upgraded Annual pass will begin on the date I first used the ticket on the package, right?

So as far as the dating of my annual pass I will still have a start date of the first day we go into the parks on this trip.

So I guess my question is why would I need to do the one day before upgrade if I am already at a full gate price. At least the price the CM gave me matches the price being paid if I purchase tickets on Disney site. Is that discounted?

At any rate since I have to go to guest services to do this should I just simply use our tickets (which will be on our room key, I assume) to get into a park and then go to the park's guest service to do the upgrade. I would like to just get it done, but if it saves me a little money to do it the next day I can wait.

Also if the room key tickets are upgraded to an AP will I get a different set of AP tickets to carry around or will the AP's be placed on my current room key?

And Lastly, does it matter that we are DVC members? Does this change anything other than making sure we have our DVC cards to get the discounted AP.

Thanks for all your help!
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
Robo

Quote:
1-One question though about waiting a day to buy the AP ticket.

2-Since I am buying the ticket in the package (no outside discounts) aren't I already at full ticket price??
3-Do I really need to use the ticket once before upgrade?
If I am reading it right even if I use the ticket one day, or two days, etc
4-The start of the upgraded Annual pass will begin on the date I first used the ticket on the package, right?

5-So as far as the dating of my annual pass I will still have a start date of the first day we go into the parks on this trip.

So I guess my question is
6-why would I need to do the one day before upgrade if I am already at a full gate price. At least the price the CM gave me matches the price being paid if I purchase tickets on Disney site.
7-Is that discounted?

8-At any rate since I have to go to guest services to do this should I just simply use our tickets (which will be on our room key, I assume) to get into a park and then go to the park's guest service to do the upgrade.
9-I would like to just get it done, but if it saves me a little money to do it the next day I can wait.

10-Also if the room key tickets are upgraded to an AP will I get a different set of AP tickets to carry around or
11-will the AP's be placed on my current room key?

12-And Lastly, does it matter that we are DVC members? Does this change anything other than making sure we have our DVC cards to get the discounted AP.
1-Nobody said anything about "waiting a day." We just said (I did anyway) to USE it once BEFORE upgrading.
2-I don't know.
3-It can't hurt and might help.
4-Right.
5-Yes.
6-You might not be. If you use it once, you "will" be.
7-I don't know, you don't know.
8-Sure! That's what many guests do.
9-It doesn't matter which "day" you do it.
10-Yes.
11-No.
12-No.

See, you had more than "one thing" to ask...
but, that's no problem.
It can be very confusing.

Have a great trip!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
1-Nobody said anything about "waiting a day." We just said (I did anyway) to USE it once BEFORE upgrading.
2-I don't know.
3-It can't hurt and might help.
4-Right.
5-Yes.
6-You might not be. If you use it once, you "will" be.
7-I don't know, you don't know.
8-Sure! That's what many guests do.
9-It doesn't matter which "day" you do it.
10-Yes.
11-No.
12-No.

See, you had more than "one thing" to ask...
but, that's no problem.
It can be very confusing.

Have a great trip!
OH You are right, I had a lot more than one question! But you answered them all! I did think I had to wait a day, but now that I look back it makes sense to just enter a park and go do the upgrade! I am glad I checked because I probably would have just upgraded them before I entered the parks. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
P.I. Squirrel
DIS Veteran

As far as using your tickets first goes, I can only say the way it was in 2007 when we did it. We traded in our hoppers for Florida resident seasonal AP's at Epcot ticket area the day we checked into Pop. We had not used the tickets at all, and got full ticket value towards the AP's. As the full value was more than the seasonal AP's, we even got a refund credited to our credit card!

Don't know if it has changed since then, but that's my experience.

P.I. Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: