DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #31
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Day 2:
Writing this, I realized we sound REALLY boring!! Well, we’re old, so I suppose we ARE really boring….Especially when we are tired. Maybe by tomorrow we will be more rested and ready for action!
Hey, none of that makes you old OR boring...my son is 7 and he loves Carousel of Progress!

In fact, today in the car he sort of squealed and said "I'm so excited! 4 days until Disney!" I asked him what he's most excited about and he said "The place with the fountains and the elevator where I get to press the button!"

I had no clue what he was talking about and asked him to repeat it. Then it hit me.

"Kiddo, do you mean the parking garage at the airport?" I asked.

"Yes!"

All that money spent and the kid is most excited about the car rental garage!

Seriously, it just goes to show that there's fun to be found in anything.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

So you took the bus from OKW and opened MK, toured MK until heading to DHS for lunch and more attractions, back to OKW to get ready for dinner, headed over to Turf Club, on to DTD.....boring not, sounds exhausting-in a great way.
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
No problem, John! We saw you delivering tubs to OKW this morning while we were waiting for the bus. I have a question about them though.....They were BLUE instead of purple! Why?
I think the beta test lockers were blue, weren't they?

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #34
disneykidatheart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
I think the beta test lockers were blue, weren't they?
Yes, beta test members have blue lockers. We have one!
disneykidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #35
Buckeye Fan
DIS Veteran

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip! We're staying at OKW this summer, and I can't wait. I hope we have better luck with the mousekeeping, though. We stayed at AKV in April, and our room was spotless. To me, that's part of what we pay for, and I'm glad that you're going to mention it.

As for your trip report... I can't wait to read more. I have to wait until the end of July!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #36
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Enjoy the Gardens of the World tour! I did it with DCuz in March, and thought it was very interesting.
On the weekend be sure to go to the festival's center and see the video of the making of the Flower show. It's a shame that it's only shown on weekends. If you go to the "hands on" workshop, you plant a banana plant plug. I'm thrilled that mine is twice as tall as it was when I planted it.
You knew a lot more about getting great Buzz scores then I knew. I'll try to do better when I'm with my family in just two weeks!!

Have a great time.
Bobbi
Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #37
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Sounds like a great pace to your trip, Diane. I am SO missing WDW. Last trip was in January and looks like I won't be back until AT LEAST December, so I am really enjoying reading your report.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #38
friskykitten
DIS Veteran

Our last OKW trip (2bdr) in Dec 2008 was clean enough but we did have to call in maintenance when we checked in around midnight to fix our shower door. It was hanging off of it's hinges and would not close. I still don't know how housekeeping "missed" that and didn't call in maint. to fix it before a new guest arrived.

As for cleanliness, the worst one we have had so far has got to be in the concierge 2bdr at Jambo House AKL last year. We made sure to notify the manager but wether or not it really makes a difference I don't know.

It has been pretty darn warm for May here in Florida so please stay hydrated and have a great time on the rest of your trip!
friskykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #39
aprince&princess
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip so far. I can't wait to hear about the tour. And I love the thought of just hopping on the first bus to come along.

aprince&princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #40
jdvm
Purple Van Driver

DISboards Approved Advertiser

It's already been answered, but I'll confirm that there are 100 blue Lockers out there that went to our hardy volunteers who tested the service before we launched in May 2007. I think they're much better in purple but our Trial Members think they're a badge of honor!
j

www.ownerslocker.com
the purple place for storing your vacation stuff
jdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #41
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Just an FYI about my discussion with an OKW manager today. I asked specifically about some mousekeeping issues. He told me if there are issues, they WANT to hear about them so they can make corrections where there are short comings. He said they have weekly meetings with building supervisors, and each building has it's own supervisor (supervisor's have more than one building though. I told him about being in the same unit two stays in a row and having similar issues with housekeeping both times. Nothing major that I couldn't deal with, but something I wanted them to know about anyway. FYI, the issue was leftovers from a previous guest left in the fridge and freezer, and the ice not emptied from the previous guest. Also the shower door had enough soap scum on it that I'm sure it hasn't been cleaned for awhile.

I also asked about the non-smoking policy and how they enforce it. Sorry if this part might have to be eliminated from the thread, but I was curious. He told me if you smell smoke in the building, you should let them know ASAP, and they will have the housekeeping supervisor investigate it. He said they can't enter a room for that reason, but they can investigate when they have to do any regular service of it, and they have automatic charges that will be made to the guest.

I also asked exactly WHAT service should be expected if you pay for extra full cleaning. He told me it should be exactly the same service done before you check in. That was my issue at Jambo last January when I ordered a full cleaning , but got something less.

He also told me that "room ready" does NOT effect requests. If you request a specific building or section they will give that first priority, but they do try to get those who check in earliest into rooms first versus those who check in later.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #42
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Quote:
We took advantage of the low crowds and did a couple of games of Buzz Lightyear just walking right on. The first game we got “stuck” with our car in the volcano room and discovered a “trick”. If you hit the target at the top of the volcano, it is worth 100,000 points!
Thanks for the "trick"! I will be sure to use it against my DH in 2 wks. He always beats me on Buzz. Sounds like you are having a wonderful, relaxing trip. Keep it up!! Hope you enjoyed your day at EPCOT today. I can't wait to see all the flowers. I think its so beautiful and love to just stroll around and take it all in.

Have fun!!

Cyndi
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #43
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by dianeschlicht
Quote:
I also asked about the non-smoking policy and how they enforce it. Sorry if this part might have to be eliminated from the thread, but I was curious. He told me if you smell smoke in the building, you should let them know ASAP, and they will have the housekeeping supervisor investigate it. He said they can't enter a room for that reason, but they can investigate when they have to do any regular service of it, and they have automatic charges that will be made to the guest.
Interesting!

Last edited by DVCconvert; 05-08-2009 at 04:51 AM.
DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #44
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Day 3:
Today we got up early and caught the early bus to Epcot. We were lucky in that the first bus to come along about 30 seconds after we arrived at the bus stop was the Epcot bus. We had our gardens of the World tour. This is the first time we have done this tour, and it was moderately interesting, but the guide didn’t go into nearly the detail I expected. It was great getting to view the gardens and topiaries with few to no people around. This tour guide was one whom you had to kind of pull the information out of. He was also hearing challenged, so he didn’t hear a lot of questions.

We finished the tour by going backstage behind Canada. By that time it was 12:30, so we went over to Teppan Edo in the Japan pavilion and got seated almost immediately. The couple next to us was also a DVC couple, and we had a great time talking to them. Teppan Edo is always a great meal. After our meal, w walked over to America to listen to our favorite Voices of Liberty. At the end of their performance, we went up and watched the show. There were some new scenes in the movie part of the Golden Dreams segment. When we saw this show last January, they canceled the show half way through because Will Rogers “lost his head”! LOL, thank heavens he was fixed again!

By the time we left the American Adventure, we were hot (it was about 94), so we decided not to go wait in the Soarin’ ride, but instead headed back to OKW for some relaxation. That’s when I walked up to the Hospitality House to do some shopping and to talk to the manager about my concerns. I bought a pair of Mickey crop pants and walked back to our villa. FYI, for those DVC members who want to know…the walk from building 46 near South Point is about 5 minutes to Hospitality House…..NOT the end of the world.

We had a hard time deciding to go back out in the heat, so we didn’t do anything until it was about 8 pm. Then we went out to catch the bus back to Epcot so we could watch Illuminations again. Crowds were VERY light at Epcot tonight, but I suspect the weekend crowds will start tomorrow.

The gardenias are blooming here at OKW, and it’s so fragrant every time you walk out the door! LOVELY!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #45
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Hey Diane-enjoy the rest of your trip here. I'm so sorry we never ran into each other. I'm sitting down in Building 18 bemoaning the fact that we're going home tonight. Hasn't it been really hot? We also went to Epcot yesterday-but it only took about an hour before the heat really got to me. It's so nice to get the room/area you want.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: