DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
jblrn2b
DIS Veteran

Have a great vaca!! Thanks for the TR.

DVC Members September 2008!
Me, DH, DS 17, DS 11.
jblrn2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #17
melk
DIS Veteran
Have you seen my DD's "crappy" (aka capri) pants??
In need of a good sippy cup
Psyched DVC Owner

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! We were at Artist Point just two weeks ago for the first time and loved it! I wish we were back.

Enjoy your vacation!
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
SLM
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your trip-have a wonderful time!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
kbeckstrand
Mouseketeer

Sound like fun! Have a great time!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #20
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Day 2:
We got up bright and early this morning and lollygagged around the unit enjoying the porch and view over the canal. After a nice oatmeal breakfast, we headed out to catch a bus. It was already quite warm, and we were tired, so we couldn’t decide where to go for the day. We changed our minds 3 times before the first bus came. When the first one came and was full, we changed our minds again. We finally ended up going to the Magic Kingdom and got there just a little after opening. We took advantage of the low crowds and did a couple of games of Buzz Lightyear just walking right on. The first game we got “stuck” with our car in the volcano room and discovered a “trick”. If you hit the target at the top of the volcano, it is worth 100,000 points! Dick ended up with over a million points! I didn’t discover it as quickly as he did, so I only had 600,000 some.

From there we did the old standard…Carousel of Progress. It’s hokey, but we love it, and we were just tired enough, that it was a good thing to do this morning. From there we ambled through Fantasy Land and took in Mickey’s Philharmagic. This had been closed in January. The Hall of Presidents was still closed, so no nap there. That left us at the Haunted Mansion. That was good for a few winks, and then we had a nice relaxing ride on the paddle wheeler. After that we were hungry, so we decided to go over to DHS for some lunch. We ended up just doing salads and took a couple more turns on Toy Story Mania. For some reason, we can’t seem to get much past the 130,00-150,000 level there. Tonight we are studying some “tricks” we found online to see if we can get higher scores. We caught the new stuff in “One Man’s Dream”, and then headed home to OKW to rest and get ready for our dinner at Turf Club. Once again, I had those wonderful ribs there! No room for dessert, so instead we went over and toured the BLT models at the DVC center. They still leave me cold. I wanted to hit DTD for a bit. I needed a hat to cover my very thin hair so my scalp wont burn.

We are making an early night of it and at 8 p.m. we are back home at OKW listening to the Twins/Baltimore game on the internet.

Writing this, I realized we sound REALLY boring!! Well, we’re old, so I suppose we ARE really boring….Especially when we are tired. Maybe by tomorrow we will be more rested and ready for action!

Tomorrow we have an early morning Garden’s of World Showcase tour, so we’ll be up and out early and plan to spend most of the day enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival and our favorite rides in Future World.

We have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds so far this trip. I suspect the weekend will be much more crowded since it will be Mother’s Day.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #21
dianeschlicht

A little more about our room here at OKW. I've decided I'm going to try and speak to the manager sometime during this trip. I'm really concerned at the slacking off of really good housekeeping here. It's nothing I can't live with, but it just isn't what I expect at Disney or DVC. It's all little stuff really. The shower door has lots of soap/scum on it and looks to not have been cleaned very often. The oven CERTAINLY hasn't been cleaned recently, and there was leftovers from the previous occupant in the fridge.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Sounds like a great start to your trip! Will you be at the OL wine event on the 12th? If so, maybe we'll see you there!
That MIGHT be possible if it's early enough. We have a 6 pm flight, so we will need to leave about the time the OL meet starts.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #23
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvm View Post
.....such a cute pic of Diane and Dick....hope you don't mind my sharing...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&id=740590350
No problem, John! We saw you delivering tubs to OKW this morning while we were waiting for the bus. I have a question about them though.....They were BLUE instead of purple! Why?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #24
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Day 2:
Writing this, I realized we sound REALLY boring!! Well, we’re old, so I suppose we ARE really boring….Especially when we are tired. Maybe by tomorrow we will be more rested and ready for action!
I saw the picture of you and your husband, it's nice to put a face to the many posts I've read from you. By the way, you don't look old!
Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Besides, you can't be that old if you're looking for "cheats" for Toy Mania, my 12 year old son did the same thing and can' t wait till June to try it!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #25
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Go ORIOLES!!!, okay back to Disney! Well, I would love to have seen your pics, but I don't do Facebook, and it wants you to log in. You know, I don't think I have ever done the Carosel of Progress? Your nights sound just like ours! So I guess we're boring too! Waiting for more of your report..

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #26
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
I saw the picture of you and your husband, it's nice to put a face to the many posts I've read from you. By the way, you don't look old!
Enjoy your day tomorrow!

Besides, you can't be that old if you're looking for "cheats" for Toy Mania, my 12 year old son did the same thing and can' t wait till June to try it!
Well, let's just say that if you have a 12 year old, I'm quite sure I could easily be your mother!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

dianeschlicht said:
Quote:
Well, we’re old, so I suppose we ARE really boring….
well....here's a "news flash" that might be a "pick-me-up" for you two --

Kasier Wilhelm lost the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #28
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
A little more about our room here at OKW. I've decided I'm going to try and speak to the manager sometime during this trip. I'm really concerned at the slacking off of really good housekeeping here. It's nothing I can't live with, but it just isn't what I expect at Disney or DVC. It's all little stuff really. The shower door has lots of soap/scum on it and looks to not have been cleaned very often. The oven CERTAINLY hasn't been cleaned recently, and there was leftovers from the previous occupant in the fridge.
We've also had bad experiences with OKW housekeeping the past three years. One unit we checked into had burnt cheese hanging of the oven rack, rusted pans, and open food containers in the cupboards. We've had to have the unit re-cleaned on two separate stays. It's very disappointing because we have been staying at OKW since 1994 and it has always been our favorite resort.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Day 2:
We got up bright and early this morning and lollygagged around the unit enjoying the porch and view over the canal. After a nice oatmeal breakfast, we headed out to catch a bus. It was already quite warm, and we were tired, so we couldn’t decide where to go for the day. We changed our minds 3 times before the first bus came. When the first one came and was full, we changed our minds again. We finally ended up going to the Magic Kingdom and got there just a little after opening. We took advantage of the low crowds and did a couple of games of Buzz Lightyear just walking right on. The first game we got “stuck” with our car in the volcano room and discovered a “trick”. If you hit the target at the top of the volcano, it is worth 100,000 points! Dick ended up with over a million points! I didn’t discover it as quickly as he did, so I only had 600,000 some.

From there we did the old standard…Carousel of Progress. It’s hokey, but we love it, and we were just tired enough, that it was a good thing to do this morning. From there we ambled through Fantasy Land and took in Mickey’s Philharmagic. This had been closed in January. The Hall of Presidents was still closed, so no nap there. That left us at the Haunted Mansion. That was good for a few winks, and then we had a nice relaxing ride on the paddle wheeler. After that we were hungry, so we decided to go over to DHS for some lunch. We ended up just doing salads and took a couple more turns on Toy Story Mania. For some reason, we can’t seem to get much past the 130,00-150,000 level there. Tonight we are studying some “tricks” we found online to see if we can get higher scores. We caught the new stuff in “One Man’s Dream”, and then headed home to OKW to rest and get ready for our dinner at Turf Club. Once again, I had those wonderful ribs there! No room for dessert, so instead we went over and toured the BLT models at the DVC center. They still leave me cold. I wanted to hit DTD for a bit. I needed a hat to cover my very thin hair so my scalp wont burn.

We are making an early night of it and at 8 p.m. we are back home at OKW listening to the Twins/Baltimore game on the internet.

Tomorrow we have an early morning Garden’s of World Showcase tour, so we’ll be up and out early and plan to spend most of the day enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival and our favorite rides in Future World.

We have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds so far this trip. I suspect the weekend will be much more crowded since it will be Mother’s Day.
It doesn't sound boring, it sounds relaxing and that is what a vacation is for, right?

Have fun on the Garden tour tomorrow, I'd love to see pictures if you could . If I'm not crazy, I think BroganMc posted that she & Grandpa Mohawk are doing that tour tomorrow.

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #30
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

If it makes you feel better, your trip sounds WONDERFULLY relaxing to us and we are 27 and 26!!!! I don't think it is boring; it sounds just peaceful. We love the Carousel of Progress as well - There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. . . . so off you go to sleep so you're rested for your tour!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: