DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #121
Ratpack
WL VET

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Excellent report so far, can't wait to read and see more. Really can't wait until we are at Kidani in just over a month.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #122
Greyhound22
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to know I'm not the only goof who goes to the parks late at night by myself while everyone else is sleeping.

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." -George Burns
Me DW DD15::::: DD13
Greyhound22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #123
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Loved reading your report. I asked my kids DS12 and DS17 what they would think if my DP and I headed to Disney without them for a romantic getaway.

My youngest just had his jaw hanging low like we had just put him on restriction and my oldest said he would call the Maury show and try to go for abandonment. I'm thinking they are not as sweet as your kids!

I am also glad that I was able to read all of this in one night because it would have driven me crazy waiting for that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the two of you on your anniversary and what a lovely couple you are!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #124
Fatalbie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing. Nice to read some of the EPCOT stuff. I have not really experienced what that park has to offer. We are going on an AO in Oct and plan on doing some exploring in EPCOT. Great photos and fun read.
Jim
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1342900&page=5
Fatalbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #125
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound22 View Post
I'm glad to know I'm not the only goof who goes to the parks late at night by myself while everyone else is sleeping.

That is a great time to be in the parks. And since I need considerably less sleep time than my wife, it works out good.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #126
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Loved reading your report. I asked my kids DS12 and DS17 what they would think if my DP and I headed to Disney without them for a romantic getaway.

My youngest just had his jaw hanging low like we had just put him on restriction and my oldest said he would call the Maury show and try to go for abandonment. I'm thinking they are not as sweet as your kids!

I am also glad that I was able to read all of this in one night because it would have driven me crazy waiting for that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the two of you on your anniversary and what a lovely couple you are!

I was amazed, our kids never whined or cried about it once. Of course they gave us some grief, but they were great about it. We thought about not even telling them, but then one day I sat them down and told them about the trip and why we wanted to do that. They were cool about it. Of course it helps that we are going back in August with the whole family.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #127
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
I was amazed, our kids never whined or cried about it once. Of course they gave us some grief, but they were great about it. We thought about not even telling them, but then one day I sat them down and told them about the trip and why we wanted to do that. They were cool about it. Of course it helps that we are going back in August with the whole family.
I think your daughters have a better understanding of romance! My older two boys got really upset at the prospect of us ever going to WDW without them . One of them started to get teary. I'd have to tell them that we wouldn't be setting foot inside a park but I don't think that would sway them! That being said, maybe we'll try for a long weekend trip next year for our 15th anniversary (since our 14th was yesterday I'll have an entire year to break it to them )

Sounds like a great trip, lugnut33! I've been thoroughly enjoying your TR

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
RLRDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #128
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

OK, it's time to finish up this trip report.

Check out time at Kidani is 11 a.m., but we had a breakfast ressie at Boma at 10:45. We woke up late and started packing everything up. One of the problems with bringing stuff in to eat and drink is there's always leftovers. Wound up leaving a bottle of wine and most of the Coronas I had bought. I've talked to the maid service before and was told they have to throw away all food and drink items no matter what, so I guess it just goes to waste.

Hauled all our stuff downstairs, threw it into the car and made the minute drive over to Jambo House. Of course there was no line at all for the buffet since we were eating so late. Boma is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney World. However, I was not that impressed with the breakfast. I did try anything that seemed strange, but wasn't blowaway with the taste of any of the foods. The best item up there was the french toast. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

After breakfast we had about 5.5 hours to kill before we had to be back at the yucky airport. We figured hanging out in the warm Florida sun by the pool would be a great way to finish off our trip. We parked the car, grabbed out swiming suits and changed in the changing rooms by the pool. We had a nice relaxing afternoon at the pool. At one point while floating around I asked my wife, "Why don't we get some plane tickets for the kids and we can just stay here forever?" After some numbers crunching we figured we'd make it about another 1.5 weeks before we'd be completely broke. So, staying there at Kidani forever didn't appear to be an option.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the lifegaurds for about a half hour. He had come from Paris France and was a new hire. His accent was really thick, but he was very nice and interesting. He was disappointed that he could only stay for 6 months, but planned on heading to California afterwards. He also said that being French he made a lot more than his fellow American cast members. Not sure why that is?

At about 3:30 we decided we had about enough of the sun and we would get dressed and head to Downtown Disney for some shopping. We got a parking spot in the first row and went to my favorite store The Art Of Disney. We had one of the sketch artists draw us up a lovely Tinker Bell drawing for our youngest daughter and then we bought a trading pin to go with it. The artist did a really beautiful job, I loved it. A couple more stops and a couple more buys and it was time to go.

Once we dropped off the rental car we got inside the airport only to find out our plane was late again. At this point it was a half hour late, but it actually ended up departing almost 1.5 hours late. Is American Airlines always late?

In the end, my wife and I had an awesome vacation together. Part of the reason we did this was to decide if in the future this is something we want to do more when the kids are off to college. It was a test to see if we want to accumulate more points going forward and maybe move our planned every other year trips to every year (yes, even when the kids go off to college). My wife and I were both really happy with everything at WDW and we will probably end up buying another re-sale contract.

Glad everyone enjoyed this trip report. It's amazing that almost 10,000 people have looked at it. Thanks everyone for making these Dis Boards so much fun.

One last word of advice. If you have a trip coming up I hope you have a great time. Remember to go into it with an open mind and don't overplan.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #129
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Great report, I enjoyed reading it all! Thanks.
Bobbi
Old 05-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #130
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed your report. Its always nice to hear about "home" when we can't be there.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #131
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
OK, it's time to finish up this trip report.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the lifegaurds for about a half hour. He had come from Paris France and was a new hire. His accent was really thick, but he was very nice and interesting. He was disappointed that he could only stay for 6 months, but planned on heading to California afterwards. He also said that being French he made a lot more than his fellow American cast members. Not sure why that is?

Could it have something to do with the currency he's paid in and the exchange rate?

Glad everyone enjoyed this trip report. It's amazing that almost 10,000 people have looked at it. Thanks everyone for making these Dis Boards so much fun.

I think the reason so many people have embraced this TR is becuase it's a wonderful fantasy-- a trip to The World with just your dear spouse and no kids! I know it's mine!

Thanks again, lugnut, for letting us live vicariously through you and your DW!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #132
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Good until the very end.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #133
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Just found your report

Thank you for sharing

really enjoyed it
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #134
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!

Awesome report - thanks so much! I can't wait to try out the pool in July.

Just a thought - maybe the French lifeguard is paid more for being bilingual?

Anyway, your posts have made us even more anxious for our trip
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #135
BigMama
DIS Veteran

ENJOYED YOUR REPORT ! THANKS ! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. WE GO IN AUGUST CANT WAIT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: