DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #106
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Catching back up after work got in my way of reading. Can't wait for this amazing picture!!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #107
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Can I just say that 1) You are an adorable couple and look way too young to be married 17 years! 2) I LOOOOOOVE to read a positive trip report. All TRs should be like this simply because there is something great at all resorts and I like to see the glass half full. 3) The details you point out are exactly what I would be drawn too as well. Good job!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #108
ibela
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your TR, thanks for taking the time to notice all the details and then to tell us about it!
ibela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #109
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

Gotta say, we have a PeiWei near us and we love it. They are the casual dining restaurant from PFChangs. I think they're better and way less expensive.

Love the trip report. Can't wait until we go in August!!!!
clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #110
jenelope
In my house, I *am* the kid! (also, the mom, the dad and the maid)

Great trip report! I'm doing two nights at Kidani at the beginning of a big group trip to OKW in October. I can't wait!

It's interesting that the spinach and cheese dish at Sanaa is causing such a reaction. Palaak paneer is one of my favorite Indian dishes now, but I was pretty suspicious of it the first time I tried it. I hope the restaurant doesn't take it off the menu.

Also, the news that Osceola Parkway ends at the Animal Kingdom Lodge explains a lot. The first time I drove at WDW, I ended up at AKL about 30% of the time.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #111
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Oh my, we are on our last full day and we are spending it at my favorite park, Epcot (EPCOT Center to you old schoolers). I don't know why but I just love boppin around that place taking it all in.

We had planned on being there for rope drop but it ended up being a long night (nudge nudge, wink wink know what I mean) so by the time we woke up, had a sandwich for breakfast in our room and got to Epcot it was 11:00 and I was thinking disaster. After all, the Unofficial Bible.. ooops I Guide website was predicting a 9 for that day. I knew things were going to be fine when I pulled into the parking lot and parked in about the 13th row. I was amazed there wasn't more cars for a Sunday.

Walked right in with no problems and had to check out the beautiful topiaries right in front of Spaceship Earth. Absolutely wonderful eventhough I personally dislike gardening. Amazing what those horticulturists do there. Of course the first thing we did was head towards Soarin' to get a fast pass since I was afraid they would run out.

On the way we stopped to take a photo:

But then a nice cast member came and asked us if we wanted a photo together and of course we did:

And here is that nice cast member who couldn't understand why we would take a photo of him (It's because cast members are awesome):

We walk into the Land pavilion and I see a welcoming sight, the balloons in Sunshine Seasons:

Oh look, Timon looks upset at Pumbaa. Not as happy as he was back at Kidani Village:

So we head on over to Soarin' and I got a fast pass without a problem, for 2:30 pm. Know I know there isn't many people at the park on that day. So we head over to Living With The Land which had about a 5 minute wait. I love the relaxing feel of that ride.

We had a 1pm ressie at Les Chefs De France so we had to kind of start heading over that way. Went up to the jumping fountains so my wife could play a bit. And of course, I took some photos on the way:

The Imagination pavilion (which could really use an update and new rides)

The reverse waterfall

And then I snapped a really cool picture, but this isn't the one that will blow your mind. It was taken in the jumping water fountain area as a monorail went by:

As we were heading to France we ran into this group doing a skit in England and it was hilarious. I swear that one of the characters play Emil Bleehaw at the Adventurers Club. Anyways, it's about finding the Holy Grail and the jokes are soooo funny, especially if you're a Monty Python fan. They ask, "What do you think of the show so far", and the crowd would respond, "Rubbish!". LOL And then the people they picked out of the crowd were whacky and made the show even better. Wish I had taken a photo of that. They perform right next to the Rose and Crown.

We rolled up to Chefs De France for our ressie and were immediately seated right next to the windows, so we had a great view of the promenade as well as the stair stacking show that takes place in France. We made sure to eat here to get the 20% DVC lunch discount. We both started with the Lobster Bisque soup which was tasty. I had the short rib and my lovely wife had the Quiche. Now, I had heard Pete from the Dis podcast rave about the short ribs here, but I thought the beef tips at Sanaa blew these out of the water. The meal itself though was good and our total meal came up to around $60 with tip. I had to take a photo of our waiter Jonathan from Paris:

(darn it, my photo editing software gave my wife a black eye while trying to elimate red eye, now that will really make her mad)

Last edited by lugnut33; 05-12-2009 at 11:05 PM.
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #112
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

After our lunch, which took just over an hour, we walked around World Showcase. When we are here with the kids they are not very interested in World Showcase so this was an opportunity for me and my wife to slow down and take in a section of Epcot we really had not explored.

As we came out of the Moroccan Museum (yes, there is a museum in the Moroccan section, but it's not easy to find, but really cool to check out) it was time for Mo Rockin' to play, so we caught his show. Love the belly dancers:

We took a nap during the American Adventure. That place has some really comfy chairs. We snapped some photos in Italy:

We actually went through the China pavillion and watched the movie there, which is very good.

And we had to take in Maelstrom, which is the shortest ride ever. I avoided taking a picture of me sticking my hand up the troll's nose, but if the kids had been there with us I would have been picking his nose.

Walked over to Mexico and rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, which is growing on me. The more I ride it the more I like it.

Now I thought we should go get a fast pass for Test Track and see how long the single rider line is so maybe we wouldn't have to wait as long. Total and complete shock was after getting our fast passes I looked at the standby sign and it said only 20 minutes. That's awesome, until we walked in there and there was literally NOBODY in line!! That's right, there was not one single person in the standby line as we walked all the way up to the cast member who sent us to room 1.
Here you go, this was taken at the front of the line at around 6:30 pm:

Even better was when the door to room 1 opened we sprinted through the room and didn't have to watch the film. After we rode, we ran back around and got on it again.

Then we walked though the butterfly garden as well as the Fairy topiary section. Found this great topiary on our way to Soarin"

We arrived at Soarin' at around 7:30 and used our fast passes to skip the 40 minute standby lane. While walking through I was struck by how quiet it was in there. I couldn't hear the people on the other side of the wall that separates the standby from the fast pass entrance. I thought that was strange. Once we got up to the line in the fast pass entrance I decided to peer over the wall and this is the most amazing photo EVER!! I was blown away by what I saw in the Standby line. Here it is, hold on to your hats because this was INCREDIBLE:

All right, anybody care to tell me why that photo is so amazing? Remember, this was taken at 7:30 pm on a Sunday night. Any guesses?

After Soarin' we went to Spaceship Earth, one of my alltime favorite rides. We literally walked on and we couldn't see anybody ahead of us or behind us. And we e-mailed ourselves our future:

We buzzed out of Spaceship Earth just in time to catch Illuminations. It was the first time I had seen it from the Future World side and it was really cool from there because you are very near the fire barge. I could feel the heat. I love Illuminations and the music that goes with it. It always brings a tear to my eye.

The nice thing about watching from Future World is we beat the rush out of the park. Jumped into the car and headed back to Kidani as we were spent. About 10 mintues after we got into the room there was a knock on the door. I was thinking to myself, "Who can that be at 10pm??" It ended up being the maid (is that polically correct to say?) and her supervisor who had come to give us complimentary turn down service to help celbrate our anniversary. Now how cool is that? I didn't even know what turn down service was, so I watched her every move. Basically they get the bed prepared for you to sleep in and add some nice chocolates on the bed. I was worried she would get upset because I had made the bed that day and probably didn't do a real good job, but she was fine with it. Though she said I needed lots of practice.

Well I wasn't about to let the magic go that night, so I went to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours until 2 am by myself. My wife was exhausted and wanted to sleep. It was great. I was there just taking it all in at my own pace. I rode the Jungle Cruise twice (best looking Jungle Cruise skipper EVAR, both times), Pirates, Splash twice, Big Thunder, Snow White, and Pooh. The cast members at Snow White were giving me a hard time because here was some big guy riding Snow White all alone. LOL, it must have looked ridonkulous. Then I bought some souvineers and headed back to the car.

Well, there's only one partial day left in my trip report.

Just wanted to thank all of you who have read it and left me some great comments.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #113
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Ooooh. . . Oooooh. . . I know!! The FP line was LONGER than the standby line!! If that day was a 9, I have hope for the 9 day I'm taking my newbie BFF to MK
Thanks for sharing your awesome trip - I really missed seeing the flowers this year.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #114
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
After our lunch, which took just over an hour, we walked around World Showcase. When we are here with the kids they are not very interested in World Showcase so this was an opportunity for me and my wife to slow down and take in a section of Epcot we really had not explored.

As we came out of the Moroccan Museum (yes, there is a museum in the Moroccan section, but it's not easy to find, but really cool to check out) it was time for Mo Rockin' to play, so we caught his show. Love the belly dancers:

We took a nap during the American Adventure. That place has some really comfy chairs. We snapped some photos in Italy:

We actually went through the China pavillion and watched the movie there, which is very good.

And we had to take in Maelstrom, which is the shortest ride ever. I avoided taking a picture of me sticking my hand up the troll's nose, but if the kids had been there with us I would have been picking his nose.

Walked over to Mexico and rode the Gran Fiesta Tour, which is growing on me. The more I ride it the more I like it.

Now I thought we should go get a fast pass for Test Track and see how long the single rider line is so maybe we wouldn't have to wait as long. Total and complete shock was after getting our fast passes I looked at the standby sign and it said only 20 minutes. That's awesome, until we walked in there and there was literally NOBODY in line!! That's right, there was not one single person in the standby line as we walked all the way up to the cast member who sent us to room 1.
Here you go, this was taken at the front of the line at around 6:30 pm:

Even better was when the door to room 1 opened we sprinted through the room and didn't have to watch the film. After we rode, we ran back around and got on it again.

Then we walked though the butterfly garden as well as the Fairy topiary section. Found this great topiary on our way to Soarin"

We arrived at Soarin' at around 7:30 and used our fast passes to skip the 40 minute standby lane. While walking through I was struck by how quiet it was in there. I couldn't hear the people on the other side of the wall that separates the standby from the fast pass entrance. I thought that was strange. Once we got up to the line in the fast pass entrance I decided to peer over the wall and this is the most amazing photo EVER!! I was blown away by what I saw in the Standby line. Here it is, hold on to your hats because this was INCREDIBLE:

All right, anybody care to tell me why that photo is so amazing? Remember, this was taken at 7:30 pm on a Sunday night. Any guesses?

After Soarin' we went to Spaceship Earth, one of my alltime favorite rides. We literally walked on and we couldn't see anybody ahead of us or behind us. And we e-mailed ourselves our future:

We buzzed out of Spaceship Earth just in time to catch Illuminations. It was the first time I had seen it from the Future World side and it was really cool from there because you are very near the fire barge. I could feel the heat. I love Illuminations and the music that goes with it. It always brings a tear to my eye.

The nice thing about watching from Future World is we beat the rush out of the park. Jumped into the car and headed back to Kidani as we were spent. About 10 mintues after we got into the room there was a knock on the door. I was thinking to myself, "Who can that be at 10pm??" It ended up being the maid (is that polically correct to say?) and her supervisor who had come to give us complimentary turn down service to help celbrate our anniversary. Now how cool is that? I didn't even know what turn down service was, so I watched her every move. Basically they get the bed prepared for you to sleep in and add some nice chocolates on the bed. I was worried she would get upset because I had made the bed that day and probably didn't do a real good job, but she was fine with it. Though she said I needed lots of practice.

Well I wasn't about to let the magic go that night, so I went to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours until 2 am by myself. My wife was exhausted and wanted to sleep. It was great. I was there just taking it all in at my own pace. I rode the Jungle Cruise twice (best looking Jungle Cruise skipper EVAR, both times), Pirates, Splash twice, Big Thunder, Snow White, and Pooh. The cast members at Snow White were giving me a hard time because here was some big guy riding Snow White all alone. LOL, it must have looked ridonkulous. Then I bought some souvineers and headed back to the car.

Well, there's only one partial day left in my trip report.

Just wanted to thank all of you who have read it and left me some great comments.
You ROCK, lugnut!!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #115
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Ooooh. . . Oooooh. . . I know!! The FP line was LONGER than the standby line!! If that day was a 9, I have hope for the 9 day I'm taking my newbie BFF to MK
Thanks for sharing your awesome trip - I really missed seeing the flowers this year.

I tell you the Dis posters are some of the smartest people on earth. You are correct, the FP line was longer. Matter of fact, there was a a total of 6 people in the standby line. Can you believe that?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #116
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
You ROCK, lugnut!!
Thank you MamaCrush!!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #117
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the TR.

I need to start going in May

JasonDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #118
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Great job! I have enjoyed hearing about your adult only trip. My DH and I might have to consider doing this one day.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #119
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Congratulations on your anniversary and congratulations on your great line/crowd karma!!

I am still shaking my head in disbelief that the standby line was shorter than the FP line at Soarin' !

I would've liked to have seen a picture of you on Snow White!

Great report... I'm sorry we're nearing the end. (You'll just have to go again real soon, that's all!)

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #120
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Can't believe the lines on Soarin'. That is a funny change. Sounds like you had a fun-filled last day. I am so glad you and your wife had a nice anniversary trip. How cool about the anniversary turn-down service too!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: