DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #91
LuvtoPlan
Earning My Ears

How far of a walk is it to Jambo House/Main Lobby?
LuvtoPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #92
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtoPlan View Post
How far of a walk is it to Jambo House/Main Lobby?

It's only about 7 to 10 minutes depending on your pace.
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #93
Mom2ChinaGirls
Earning My Ears

Great TR, Thanks!

Thank you for the TR. We will be staying at the Kidani May 30-June 6. This will be our first trip with kids age 7 and 8 and first vacation in 5 1/2 years since our last adoption trip to China. We can't wait to take our girls..uh, princesses to WDW.
It was great to see the pictures and hear about Kidani. I can't wait! We have a Savana Studio room too, so I really appreciated the pictures.
Mom2ChinaGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #94
Teachckg
Mouseketeer

Thank You! I am really enjoying your TR!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #95
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
P.S. I would kill my hubby if he posted a picture of me in a bathing suit!!!
You said it, sister! But then, I don't look nearly as good in a suit as Mrs. Lugnut33!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #96
Fatalbie
Mouseketeer

Sad News- The TR had to be discontinued.
Lugnut was injured in a bizarre laundering accident. He was found with a womens bathing suit lodged firmly in his throat!!

Jim
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1342900&page=5
Fatalbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #97
pakhowe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbie View Post
Lugnut was injured in a bizarre laundering accident. He was found with a womens bathing suit lodged firmly in his throat!!

Jim
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #98
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbie View Post

Jim

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #99
firstmickey
Always Right Riddle Goddess of Chaos
I am an educated competent woman...I just had a momentary lapse
What the quah is going on?
I can sing bad versions of Mama Mia

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #100
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm still alive and I havn't been bonked on the head. I only took one day off from doing the trip report.

I think the last thing that has happened in this trip report was the special gift that Mickey and Minnie gave us. After getting ready for dinner we decided to check out a restaurant that Kevin from the Dis Podcast had recommended Pei Wei. Pei Wei is Asian restaurant (my wife loves Chinese food) located off property on Osceola Parkway. Here's the interesting thing I didn't know until I got in the car and programmed it into our GPS unit, Osceola Pkwy literally ends at the lobby of Kidani Village. That's right, the road that heads into Jambo and Kidani is Osceola Pkwy. It's not really a short drive there, around 12 miles if I remember right, but you can still get there quicker than going anywhere with Disney Transportation . Also Osceola turns into a toll road so they charge $1.75 each way. It is located in a mall area along with a Bonefish Grill

However the food at Pei Wei is exceptional and service was fast. We had two appetizers and two meals, which ended up being way too much food. The total bill for both of us was just over $30 and you don't have to leave a tip. A similar meal at Nine Dragons in Epcot would have cost around $70, so the savings outside can be pretty large even if you have to pay 3.75 in tolls. Another reason we went was to check it out for this August when there will be 8 of us. I figure we can eat there for under $10 each. Here's the website if you want to check them out: http://www.peiwei.com/

I don't have any photos because I didn't bring my camera along that night. I didn't feel like carrying it, so no photos until tomorrow when I take you to Epcot.

After getting full at Pei Wei we decided to stop at Downtown Disney and walk some of our food off. We caught the whole Celebrate Today show in the Pleasure Island area, which I didn't care for too much. Honestly, it was kind of lame and that whole Pleasure Island area is dead. I know they are trying and the stilt walkers were cool, but it's a really poor substitute for the Adventurers Club.

We then crossed over to the West Side and caught a really good trio called Novo Era that plays a fusion of classical and modern music. We sat through the whole set and by far they are the best act going at DTD. WOW, I can't say enough about them. They attracted a good size crowd. You can check out their website at: http://www.novaeramusic.com/index.html

After that it was time to head over to Port Orleans Riverside where I got to catch one of my favorite acts, Yehaa Bob Jackson. Bob is incredibly talented and has a great sing along show for all ages. I love the show so much I bought the CD and keep listening to it over and over. It was so cool because Bob came over and asked where my wife was from during his break. He then proceeded to play the song Malaguena on his piano, and he hit it. Wow, it brough a tear to my eye listening to that song. Here is Bob's website: http://www.yehaabob.com/

I guess this just goes to show you that it's not necessary to go to the parks to have a great time.

After singing and having a couple of beers (2 beers in 2 hours is OK) it was time head back to the hotel. Our plan was to get up early to make it to Epcot at opening, but that wasn't going to happen. Which is OK, as you'll see in the next installment because I am going to show you a photo that will blow you away!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #101
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
After that it was time to head over to Port Orleans Riverside where I got to catch one of my favorite acts, Yehaa Bob Jackson. Bob is incredibly talented and has a great sing along show for all ages. I love the show so much I bought the CD and keep listening to it over and over. It was so cool because Bob came over and asked where my wife was from during his break. He then proceeded to play the song Malaguena on his piano, and he hit it. Wow, it brough a tear to my eye listening to that song. Here is Bob's website: http://www.yehaabob.com/

I guess this just goes to show you that it's not necessary to go to the parks to have a great time.

After singing and having a couple of beers (2 beers in 2 hours is OK) it was time head back to the hotel. Our plan was to get up early to make it to Epcot at opening, but that wasn't going to happen. Which is OK, as you'll see in the next installment because I am going to show you a photo that will blow you away!!
Can't wait to see Bob later this month!

OK, no fair to keep us hanging like this. WE WANT TO SEE THAT PICTURE!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #102
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

We'll be staying at POR one night in late June before we move to Kidani, and I had read some great things about "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson in other posts, so I am definitely planning on catching his show while we're there. It's good to hear you'd go out of your way to catch it.

Enjoying your report.
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #103
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Hey, I'm still alive and I havn't been bonked on the head. I only took one day off from doing the trip report.
Yes, but don't you realize your TR has been so great that we are all addicted.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #104
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Great report so far! The boat rental looked like a great way to spend an hour (and a half lol)
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #105
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
Yes, but don't you realize your TR has been so great that we are all addicted.

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: