DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #76
jblrn2b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Thank you Kathy!

As for burning myself I make sure to lather up with spf45 sun block. I actually had somebody at work ask me if I went to Florida because I had no deep dark tan.

Good idea on the water shoes. You'll notice all the life guards stand on a little ledge that's in the water because the concrete is too hot.

Did you know that you cannot be within 6 feet of the pool with any drink? Including water!
I'll be breaking that rule for sure - LOL!

DVC Members September 2008!
Me, DH, DS 17, DS 11.
jblrn2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #77
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I have so been enjoying your trip report. Especially now that my WL came through for 3 nights in June [first 7 nights at BCV]. AND, we are also going to do La Nouba for the first time. Coincidence . . . I think not.
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #78
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Great trip report!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #79
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

So glad that you had such a fantastic first day. Can't wait to keep reading more!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #80
kato0627
DIS Veteran

Great trip report!!! That is great you were able to get away for your celebrations.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #81
edk35
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your trip report. I am really looking forward to our stay there this July. I am sure we wil love it just as much. I am glad you had such a nice trip.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #82
ahalla
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Makes our October trip seem so very very far away!

I can't wait to read more!

1988 Off Site
2002 Off Site
2007 All Star Movie & SSR
2008 SSR
2009 AKV
ahalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #83
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Wow! Kidani really turned you into a party animal! (Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!)

Sorry... couldn't resist....

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #84
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Hopefully everybody's upcoming trips will be as great as ours. It was so great we want to add-on. If we can get the economy to turn we just might be looking for another 120 point contract.

Our second day should speed up a bit since the first day was packed with action. The second day was a bit more relaxing.

After such a fun night we slept in until about 9 but had to rush out the door because I had set up a 50 minute Swedish Massage at the Saratoga Springs Spa for my wife. Of course using the DVC discount it was a bit less expensive, but costly nonetheless. Here's the link to the spa if anybody is interested: http://www.relaxedyet.com/ss_treatments.asp

Since I had some time to kill I went over to Downtown Disney to catch the 10:05 showing of "Earth" at the AMC Theaters. Not too many people were in the theater at that time so I got to enjoy a relaxing movie. I may have even nodded off just a bit. The theater itself is really nice with a good steep angle of seating so nobody will have a head directly in front of them, even kids.

After the movie I swung by the Hess gasstation directly across from DTD to pick up some personal sized pizzas for lunch and headed back to Saratoga Springs to pick up my wife. According to her the massage was very nice and the Spa was great. The only problem she had was cutting herself while shaving her legs. LOL, they wanted to call the paramedics... "For Free". Well she didn't go for that and after applying a bandaid she was fine. Other than that she enjoyed the Spa, but thought it was a bit overpriced.

We walked over to the pool area at Saratoga and ate our lunch. There were these really intelligent blackbirds hanging around the pool who loved our pizza crumbs. OK, I know we shouldn't feed them, but they were so interesting.

After lunch we headed over to the Contemporary Resort to rent a boat. As we were heading in I mentioned to my wife that originally the rooms in the Contemp. were put together like drawers in a cabinet that slide in and out. Unfortunately through the years the building has settled unevenly and the rooms cannot be slipped out for refurbishment. Her response to that was, "Are they safe?"

The marina is located on the back side of the CR near the Sand Bar on Bay Lake. I was originally going to rent a Montouk boat until I saw the small pontoon boats cost the same ($45 per half hour) and the guy working there said the pontoon are better. With the DVC discount you get 10% off the rentals (that applies at any marina at WDW)
Here I am behind the Contemprorary at some Mickey symbol:

The Cast Member asked if I had ever driven a boat to which I said yes, eventhough truth is I hadn't. I'm pretty much a motorhead so I can drive anything with a wheel. Well, even if you have no experience driving those pontoon boats are really easy to navigate. Super easy actually. First thing we did was tool around Bay Lake:

The CM who got us going:

I'm sailing!!!

Looking back at the Contemporary and BLT from Bay Lake:

The now abandoned River Country water park:

Then we went through the canal that takes us over to Seven Seas Lagoon:

What a great view you get of the Magic Kingdom. And yes, you could hear the music coming from Main Street:

Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #85
KathyRN137

What fun!

We've rented the little water mice, but the pontoon looked like it was very relaxing way to cruise around the waterways.

Funny about the spa staff wanting to call paramedics for a shaving nick!

Kathy

P.S. I would kill my hubby if he posted a picture of me in a bathing suit!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #86
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

I stopped the pontoon and we just floated out there taking it all in. It was so nice and relaxing. We then headed past the Grand Floridian and the Poly.

One last zoom past the Magic Kingdom and back to Bay Lake where we did a lap around Adventure Island, which is now a bird sanctuary. However, the remenants of what it used to be are still there:

It's so weird looking at old theme park stuff that is abandoned because you can just imagine all the people, families, and kids that passed through those areas and all the memories that were made.

It was no problem bringing the pontoon back to the dock as the CM was right there waiting for us. We disembarked and went over to pay the bill. It was funny because the CM behind the counter asked us, "Wow, you must have really enjoyed that because you were out there for an hour and a half!". He made us feel like we were the couple that took the longest cruise ever!! I suppose at those prices they don't get many people staying out there more than an hour. I have to say it was totally worth it though as it gives you a different look at a bunch of different areas.

Instead of heading back to the pool at Kidani, we decided to just use the pool at the Contemporary (was not busy at all). It was really nice since we found a couple of lounge chairs under an umbrella right next to Bay Lake on the beach. We sat there and relaxed, enjoyed the sun, and made some cellphone calls.

By now it was almost 4:30 and time to head back to our room. Upon entering our room we were greeted with a great little surprise of beautiful love swans and a congratulation photo from Minnie and Mickey:

What an absolutely great touch and that is what I call some Disney magic. Very very nice on their part.

Well, more to come!! Glad everyone is enjoying our trip report
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #87
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
What fun!

We've rented the little water mice, but the pontoon looked like it was very relaxing way to cruise around the waterways.

Funny about the spa staff wanting to call paramedics for a shaving nick!

Kathy

P.S. I would kill my hubby if he posted a picture of me in a bathing suit!!!
Oh, I hope she doesn't kill me. It's not like it's a bikini, plus she looks good in her bathing suit.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #88
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Oh, I hope she doesn't kill me. It's not like it's a bikini, plus she looks good in her bathing suit.
I had the same thought as Kathy, but I hope she doesn't get to you before you finish the trip reports as I'm enjoying them.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #89
KathyRN137

Quote:

Awww, that's sweet!

Happy Anniversary!

Kathy
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #90
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had a relaxing and really enjoyable day. Love the little surprise you came back to.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: