DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #61
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Did you know that you cannot be within 6 feet of the pool with any drink? Including water!
Well it is true what they say; you do learn something new every day. Is this a new rule? I hope I'm not guilty of having broken this one before. Day 1 sounds great. Loving all the pictures.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
Marc A.

DIS Veteran

Great stuff and happy anniversary!!

CR 1976,CBR SEPT. 03,ASMo MAY 05, CR OCT 07, DCL JUNE 08, POLY NOV 08 , AKV MAR 09 , Hilton Grand VC, SEPT. 09 , AKV OCT. 10 , DCL OCT. 10 , BLT OCT. 10 , BLT Jan. 11 , AKV AUG 11 , Pop May 12 , BLT Nov 12 , AKV Jan 13 , DCL Jan 13
Marc A. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #63
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report..we will be there 6/28. Can't wait to read more!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #64
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Everything sounds fantastic so far! Keep up the great work.

BTW, I think you are telling us your story at a great pace.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #65
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Wow!! Great report. Sounds like you two had a wonderful time!! Thanks for the photo's. Can't wait to hear about your Sanaa dinner!

Cyndi
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #66
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos and great report so far! Makes me very excited for our stay there in December.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #67
M-I-C-K-E-Y
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
It's not some big collosus that sticks out like a sore thumb... a la Bay Lake Tower.
Big Collosus, eh...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #68
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Great trip report and wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing and taking us along. Happy Anniversary and a big Happy Birthday to your wife too.

Looking forward to more.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #69
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Well, we are heading into the home stretch of Day #1 of our trip to Kidani Village. Let's see, where did I leave off.... Oh, that's right we are headed for dinner at Sanaa.

I really had no idea what to expect at Sanaa as we don't frequent many high class dining establishments. All I was hoping for was a nice dinner that had good tasting food and great service. A place where I didn't have to rack my brain on what type of wine to order. Well, Sanaa ended up being a great choice.

When we got to the entrance of Sanaa there was an East Indian woman who was dressed in traditional dress doing a traditional dance. Apparently we had walked in on the opening ceremony. As soon as it was over I checked in and was handed a pager. I watched as Jack from Allears.net was the first one to enter the restaurant while receiving a thorough brushing with some type of leafs. I don't know what it meant, but it must be some sort of good luck thing. Anyways, about 1 minute after getting the pager it went off, eventhough I was standing right there at the counter:

Apparently there are not too many two person tables set up becaue we were the second people ushered into the restaurant where were tabled next to our new friend Jack from Allears. After accusing Jack of following us around our soon to be great waiter came to hand us menus and took our drink orders, which was just water to start with. Upon seeing the menu my brain locked down because I didn't really know much about the foods on the menu. I know we wanted to start with an appetizer and then order our main meal afterwards and we wanted some wine. Luckily our waiter (is that the right word to use when dining in a fine restaurant?) James came to our rescue to give us recommendations on the appetizer and a wine pairing. Honestly, we are simple folk from Wisconsin and don't know the difference between a Reisling and a Sauvonogn Blanc. Well, the appetizer for two and his wine recommendation were fantastic. And no, I didn't take pictures of the food because it would make me feel uneasy doing that. Besides, Jack from Allears was doing that for us.

We ordered our main meals with some help from James and both my wife and I got the beef short ribs, however i got the Spinach and cheese and my lovely wife got the shrimp. I think the Spinach might be taking on a life of itself out there. I see now where the waiters are saying if you don't like the Spinach and cheese you can get something else. The thing is that spinach dish has such a distinct taste I'm not sure many people will like it. I enjoyed it because either I have a no palette or because I enjoy eating adventurous things. Since I had never experienced anything like that before in my life I had to know what was in that dish. Turns out it has over 30 different spices in it that are pan seared. Very interesting, but also very weird to taste.

We both enjoyed our meals and didn't order desert because we were full and we were heading to Downtown Disney. James got a 20% tip from us because of how helpful he was in making our meal so good. If you get a chance to eat at Sanaa do it, but do it with an open mind and let your waiter help you.

Again, when you're there you have to notice the light fixtures (am I obsessing about the light fixtures?). Notice in this photo that the lights are old bottles with the bottoms cut off.

Last edited by lugnut33; 05-09-2009 at 01:26 AM.
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #70
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

After our wonderful meal we had to go walk some of it off, so we went outside to the firepit to check out the animals:

We sort of dressed up:

So after a short walk, talking to a Cast Member, and checking out the animals it was time to head back up and change before heading to downtown Disney. I didn't tell the wife anything about what I had planned that night, but I knew she would love it, but I didn't realize how much she would like it.

First thing we had to do upon arrival was head over to Cirque Du Solais/La Noube and pickup our tickets at will-call. That's when she found out what we were doing and she was pretty excited. I had ordered the tickets a couple of weeks before arrival using the special DVC 30% discount that is currently available. Once we had the tickets in hand we had an hour to kill so we went walking:.

We saw the new balloon, which incedently operated very little while we were there because of weather conditions:

Then onto Pleasure Island where we got to see all the closed down buildings:

You know, I'm still upset about the closing of the Adventurers Club. I was hoping that during the Celebrations Today thingy on PI one of the mcs would stick a mic in my face and I could ask them why don't reopen the Adventurers Club.

Anyways, after Pleasure Island we went to the Ghiradelli ice-cream store to see if a friend of ours was working, and sure enough he was. He was actually working his butt off,which is normal there. After saying "Hi" to Charlie (please stop in and say "Hi" to him if you're in the area, he'll be the one wearing the black jacket making sundaes and such) we had to head back for La Noube.

If you have not seen La Noube, then by all means go see it. I had never been to a Euro-Circus and didn't think I'd like it, but I certainly did. Definitely worth the money, especially if you get a discount. And there is NOT a bad seat in the house, so even in the cheapest seats you'll see everything. While I like La Noube, my wife absolutely loved it. She raves about it even now.

And no, you are not allowed to take photos during the show:

You would think by now we would be tired and wanting to head back to the room, but NOOOOOO!! As we were walking past Bongos we heard the sweet sounds of a salsa band. My wife is Peruvian and loves to dance. I'm a terrible dancer but will dance to please her. Well, the band playing at Bongos was fantastic and some of the people dancing were as fun to watch as the band. We got in a lot of salsa dancing that night. Made it back to the room at around 1 am.

Here's what the dance floor looked like:

And the really good salsa band:

Phew, we sure did pack in a lot of fun on that first day at Walt Disney World. And we didn't even see a park.

Day 2 to follow
Old 05-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #71
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

You had a wonderful day. Keep posting please

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #72
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

That sounds like fantastic evening. I can't wait to hear more.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #73
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

Great report and great pictures Thanks for sharing! We have one night in Oct. booked at Kidani before we cruise on the Magic and even though it will be a very short stay I can't wait to stay there Where in WI are you from?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #74
december14disney
December Magic

I'm loving this! I can't wait to read more!
08/10 Trip with 30 friends!
10/10 at Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas!

Proud member of the Kidani Club and proud DVC owner!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
december14disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #75
ekball
DIS Veteran

How did we not run into you guys last weekend?! We were also at the pool that day, at the opening of Sanaa (also saw Jack), and at Bongos at the end of the night. I was the tipsy one, maybe you saw me? What a fun day you all had (us too!). And I, too, am obsessed with the lighting fixtures at Kidani.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: