DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #31
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #32
SLM
DIS Veteran

Happy anniversary! And remember, happy parents=happy kids! Enjoying your TR, the pictures are beautiful-it looks like you had great weather!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #33
jblrn2b
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the trip report!!!! Happy Anniversary! It was our 17th as well on May 2!!!! Its so good to reconnect with each other I know what you mean. Your pictures were awesome thanks. More TR Please!

DVC Members September 2008!
Me, DH, DS 17, DS 11.
jblrn2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #34
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Great to see some more pics of Kidani - from the guest's perspective. We'll be going home to Jambo next month, but will definitely be checking out as much of Kidani as we can! Can't wait!
JenSop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #35
KPH500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
I felt like as we headed into our 17th year of being married it was time to reconnect and enjoy a little time to ourselves. Plus, our anniversary and my wife's birthday are 2 weeks apart (tough on the wallet) so I had to do something special.
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you celebrated in style.

Our 17th is coming up in November and we're planning a quick 5 day trip to Kidani as well. This will be our first trip to WDW just the two of us. It's funny that there are several threads about folks taking a romantic getaway trip to Kidani (sans kids) over the weekend. Guess it's just got that kind of atmosphere, huh?

Karen
KPH500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #36
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Thanks everybody for the congrats. Besides it being our anniversary we were also celebrating my wife's birthday coming up next week. So with her wearing two buttons she got lots of congrats from cast members and guests. That was really fun.

Couple of quick photos people asked for before I head out to buy groceries:

Here is the Baobab tree that was presented to us for being one of the first guests.

Here is the a photo of the activities list (wish it was better but I have a cheap camera):

And here is a photo of the animals you'll find on the Savanna:

Glad you're enjoying the trip report. I got lots more coming. Hope I don't fill up my photobucket account.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #37
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Am I reading this right? - the storytelling is in the library and not around the outside firepit?
Thanks for posting the activities!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #39
MnMomW3Boys
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the TR, I can't wait to check in this week-end. I know you said that when you took pictures of the savannah the animals were being fed but I haven't seen many animals in any of the pictures I have seen of the savannah. Did you see plenty of animals when in your room?

Thanks for sharing with us

MnMomW3Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #40
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMomW3Boys View Post
Thanks for the TR, I can't wait to check in this week-end. I know you said that when you took pictures of the savannah the animals were being fed but I haven't seen many animals in any of the pictures I have seen of the savannah. Did you see plenty of animals when in your room?

Thanks for sharing with us
In an upcoming report you'll see more animals. Other than between 9 and noon there were always animals. There seemed to be lots of them in the evening and it's almost like they rotated them somehow because you didn't see all the animals out there at the same time. On Sunday I got back from the MK at 2:30am and stepped out on the balcony and you could see many animals sleeping in the dim light.

While eating at Sanaa the big Ankole Cattle came walking past the windows. Those guys are a show stopper (yes, I stopped eating to watch them).
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #41
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Am I reading this right? - the storytelling is in the library and not around the outside firepit?
Thanks for posting the activities!!
I didn't get a good photo of the firepit, but yes the story times are indoors in the library. Where the firepit is located outside there is not enough room to have a storytime.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #42
MnMomW3Boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In an upcoming report you'll see more animals. Other than between 9 and noon there were always animals. There seemed to be lots of them in the evening and it's almost like they rotated them somehow because you didn't see all the animals out there at the same time. On Sunday I got back from the MK at 2:30am and stepped out on the balcony and you could see many animals sleeping in the dim light.

While eating at Sanaa the big Ankole Cattle came walking past the windows. Those guys are a show stopper (yes, I stopped eating to watch them).
Thanks so much for the quick response.

MnMomW3Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #43
TINKERIFIC
HOUSEHOLD CEO

NUMEROUS TRIPS TO DLR AS A CHILD; DLR 07/02 - DH & DD 1ST DISNEY EXPERIENCE; POP 12/05 DD8 8TH B-DAY & 1ST WDW TRIP; POFQ 02/07 DS 1ST TRIP & DD GYM MEET; DLR 06/07 DS 1ST B-DAY; POP 02/08 DD GYM MEET; CSR 12/08 NYE AND DD GYM MEET;DLR GCH-CONCIERGE 6/09 DS 3RD B-DAY; AKV 6/10 FATHERS DAY & DS 4TH BDAY - ME/DH/DD/DS/DF/DB/DSIL/DN; OKW 11/10 1ST F&W ADULTS ONLY; AKV 06/11 WDW WATER PARK 1ST TIMERS!
TINKERIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #44
Markeymouses
Mouseketeer

How Wonderful! This is a great report. Congrats to you two. We wil be celebrating our 18th ann. and my birthday in June on our trip to kidani. We are taking our kids...... but you have all given me some inspiration to plan something alone. Loving the report and can't wait to see more!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #45
gkrykewy
TTA PeopleMover Fan Club President

Quote:
And here is a photo of the animals you'll find on the Savanna:
Wooooo Red River Hogs! I thought they weren't going to be out until the Pembe Savanna was open.

gkrykewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: