DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear/see more!
Minnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting. Kidani looks awesome!

1988: Offsite at a Best Western 1989: Carribbean Beach 1993: Offsite at a Ramada 1996: Offsite at Comfort Suites 2000: All-Star Sports 2003: Offsite at Sheraton 2005: Pop Century 2006: All-Star Music Family Suites 2007: All-Star Music Family Suites March 2008: Offsite Hilton Grand Vacation Club October 2008: Port Orleans - French Quarter December 2008: SSR August 2009: AKV/BLT October 2009: OKW Jan 2010: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean June 2010: AKV Concierge May 2011: HHI Feb 2012: BCV June 2012: HHI August 2012: WLV/THV December 2013: SSR August/September 2014: BWV/VGF
Read my dining report @ For anytime is food time when you set your clock on Pooh time. A LIVE DxDDP Trip Report.
amandelba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #18
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Loving this tr. Can't wait to hear more. We'll be there in 24 days.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Great report; great pics!

Glad I'll be there soon (or else I'd be very, very jealous!)

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSaw View Post
Congratulations on your "alone" trip. We have kids the same age as yours, maybe the wife and I will try to sneak away to WDW without the kids for a few days - must have been nice. Great pics by the way.
It was sooooo nice to get away together. It was tough to leave the kids back home, especially since we were going to WDW. However, as you'll see going ahead in the trip report, it wasn't about going to the parks. We only spent 1 day at the parks. Otherwise it was just us two hanging out together and reconnecting. It was great! I'll be honest, I forgot how much fun it could be hanging out together doing what we wanted to do. Absolutely love our kids with all my heart, but there also has to be time for us to be a couple.

Oh, I should mention that we told the kids exactly where we were going and that is was for mommy and daddy to have some time alone and reconnect. Surprisingly both kids thought it was a good idea also and supported it 100%.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
cristbaby
DIS Cast Member
I'll be going until the day I die

Can;t wait to hear more. Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy!

cristbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
firstmickey
Always Right Riddle Goddess of Chaos
I am an educated competent woman...I just had a momentary lapse
What the quah is going on?
I can sing bad versions of Mama Mia

Wonderful trip report...waiting for more!

I am going in under two weeks and staying at Kidani! My kids don't know that I rented points from a friend..they think we are staying at POFQ. This will be our first DVC experience.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #24
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Enjoying your TR. Funny that you noticed your airport gate was "L8".

Could you post a picture of your Boabab tree gift?

Yeah, when I get home I'll take a photo of it.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Colossus? Sore thumb? My home this is!

</yoda>

It's just totally different than other DVC properties and if you love it than that's all that matters. I'll have some really nice photos of it coming up. One recommendation I can give you is to make sure you keep the curtains closed!! You can see right into the rooms from wherever you are.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Finally we got to see our room:

It was just a studio savanna view but it's very nice. First thing that struck us was the nice tall bed (you don't want to fall out of it since it's about waist high):

I loved the mirror they have in the room:

And the view was fantastic. Nothing wrong with being on the second floor as it gets you closer to the animals. Note that in these photos there are no animals as they were in for feeding (between 9-11am). This is the view straight off our balcony:

And the view to the right:

And the view to the left back towards the lobby:

Another really really cool item in the rooms is the sheer (spelling??). I'll post a photo of it later, but it 's difficult to get a good photo of it. Anyways, the sheers have animal designs in them with tons of Disney Characters from The Lion King. It's just a really cool touch.

Eventhough we only spent one day at the parks, we really didn't spend much time in our room. We were always out doing stuff. The savanna view was only 10 points more than the parking lot view, so I think springing for it is a good idea. It just adds to the feel of being somewhere special to be able to walk out and watch the animals wandering around.

One thing I did notice about the room is it's very easy to hear people in the hallway. I don't know why since it seems like a good door, but at night we could hear people who were just having a normal conversation. To be courteous to others I suppose guests should be quiet at night while entering or exiting the building.

More to follow!!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #27
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
It's just totally different than other DVC properties and if you love it than that's all that matters. I'll have some really nice photos of it coming up. One recommendation I can give you is to make sure you keep the curtains closed!! You can see right into the rooms from wherever you are.
Oh, I don't care what anyone else thinks about it! I mean, I originally bought AKV but immediately canceled because we knew DVC was right for us, but AKV definitely was not! I was just struck by the comment and it brought to mind a line from Empire Strikes Back, which is on almost constantly thanks to my son so I couldn't help but reply in that manner.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #28
Crisgw
YES WE CAN and YES WE DID!!!

Great pics!!!! I can't wait to see more and better yet BE there in a few SHORT days!
DS -1/2005
DS -5/2010

Crisgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #29
3amigos
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report. We are headed down next week for an Alone trip.

3amigos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: