Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
Littlestar2001
I believe in fairytales...Dreams really do come true..

Just got back from our first visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was our very first time going to Disney(myself,hubby and son)We were in Disneyworld from April 26th~May 3rd..We stayed at Pop Century Resort,we had park hopper passes and we did the quick service dining plan..The weather was low 80's to 90's and it did not rain at all during our visit!!

Pop Century Resort was very nice and very clean..We stayed in the 1960's building right behind the lake,we were very close to the dining hall,reservations desk and the bus stops to the parks...The only negative thing i have to say about the resort is that you can hear every toliet flushing,shower running and people talking through the walls..i had heard about all these things before we went so i wasn't shocked..we were only in the room to sleep and to get ready each morning so it wasn't that big of a deal..

We did the quick service dining plan(2 quick service counter meals and 2 snacks for each of us each day)..The plan worked out very well for us...

Magic Kingdom was my favorite park!!It was everything i hoped it would be..just amazing...We did every ride except Aladdin's Carpet Ride(my son did not want to go on it)and we were on the Stitch ride and it broke while the ride was about to start and we never went back to ride it again(cast members gave all of us fass pass good for one ride as compensation).Some of my favorite rides were Peter Pan's Flight,Haunted Mansion,Snow White's Scary Adventure,Winnie the Pooh,Dumbo,Pirates of the Caribbean,Buzz Lightyear,It's A Small World<Monsters Inc Laugh Floor,Splash Mountain...My son met a ton of characters there~Buzz,Stitch,Daisy and Donald Duck,Mickey and Minnie,Goofy,Pluto,Ariel,Cinderella,Belle,Sleeping Beauty,Chip n Dale,Captain Hook,Jack Sparrow(my son was in a short show that Jack Sparrow does!!),Peter Pan....We loved the Mickey's Philamagic show,all the parades,especially the spectro parade at night..and the fireworks over the castle were amazing!!!!!!

I can't decide if i liked Hollywood Studios or Epcot better!!At Epcot the flower festival was going on and the park looked beautiful...the Illuminations fireworks at night were amazing..all the different countries were amazing..Mission to Mars,Soarin,Space Mission,Under the Seas with Nemo and friends,Turtle Talk with Crush,Test Track and the Kim Possible Adventure were fantastic!!We did not like the Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D show...My son did meet/see a few characters there..Snow White,Mary Poppins,Alice in Wonderland(he didn't want a photo with either)..all the Aladdin characters were there but the line was really long to meet them so we didn't wait....Epcot is where we saw the least characters....

Hollywood Studios was great!I love the big blue Mickey hat!!Tower of Terror was awesome,Toy Story Mania was great,The Indiana Jones Stunt show was fantastic,The great movie ride was fun,Star Tours got me alittle sick,The Jedi Training show was awesome(my son got picked to be a jedi and fight Darth Vadar)....My son met more characters there~all five Power Rangers,Mickey,Buzz and Woody,The Incrediables,Frozon,Bolt,Handy Manny,Little Einstein characters

Animal Kingdom was nice but our least favorite park!Expedition Everest was cool,Kali safari rapids was fun and the safari ride was nice..We saw the Bug
3D show which was fun,went to the petting zoo there and that was about it.My son was very bored there..He did get to meet Flick,Brother Bear,the rabbit from Brother Bear?,Winnie,Tigger and Eyore...

We got alot of great pics from photo pass of the three of us which i already bought...I wore maryjane crocs instead of sneakers to Disney and my feet killed me the whole time!!!!!!!!!They were not comfortable for me at all!!

It was the best vacation of my life!!!It was worth every penny and worth the exhaustion that i am still feeling!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
TKL SHOP
Mouseketeer

I am glad you had such a great time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
melc0305
Mouseketeer

So glad you had a great time! Thanks for the information. We are going on our 1st WDW trip in August.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great time. I think WDW is one of the few places where after your vacation you need a vacation to recoup. Thanks for sharing! Now you can start planning your next trip back!

Lynn
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
Mickeygolf
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your first trip. Sounds like you planned things well and accomplished a lot. I'm with you on MK being a favorite. Just can't get enough of that place. Thanks for letting us know how it went.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing. I'm going in July and can't wait. We'll be staying at POP -But same as you; we don't plan on being in the room much - so was the space comfortable enough or was it cramped. I'm worried we're going to be crammed in there. They are four of us. My DD is 9 and DS 11
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
sms
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad your 1st trip was so good. Now you'll be hooked like the rest of us!!! I hope you will feel the same excitement that I feel each time you go!! It never gets old!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
angela3676
Working it out . . .

Sound like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them

Glad you had a great time. We were there the same time as you and wasn't the weather wonderful? Too bad it was just as warm or warmer up here in the NE while we were gone. Oh well.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
kupperman
Captain EO rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms View Post
I'm so glad your 1st trip was so good. Now you'll be hooked like the rest of us!!! I hope you will feel the same excitement that I feel each time you go!! It never gets old!!
My feelings exactly!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
LUVMICKEY
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you had such a magical trip. That's what it's all about.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
cchev
Kungaloosh

It would be great to see it all through new eyes once again....
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
girlrea
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip. I can't wait to go back.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
teach22180
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the feedback! Did you ever get to exchange your dessert for anything else when you ate on the QSDP? I'm just curious to know how flexible they are.
offsite Thanksgiving 1974, offsite Christmas 1981, CBR and the Disney Wonder August 2006, ASMo August 2007, POFQ June 2009, BC October 2010, POP and the Dream and then the WL August 2011, BW October 2012, POP August 2013
Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: