Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Catch Your Pawpaw!!

My Granny screaming at my brother to catch my pawpaw as he rolls past me in a wheelchair is probably the highlight of my last trip to Disney! Just imagine walking along, going down a mild slope in MGM (now known as Hollywood Studios), and hearing your grandma scream that as you see your grandpa zip past... Priceless!

I guess it would help you all to know that my pawpaw was fine! It'd probably also help to know that my granny is known for doing "silly" things like that, but she never means to! My brother did a little jog and caught him before he crashed into anyone. Our last trip took place in May of 2006!!! Now 3 whole years later, we are ready to try another family trip to Disney! We will be leaving in less than two weeks, so I figured I'd start the trip report now and continue it on once we get back!

Now to introduce you to this year's cast!

My grandparents, aka Granny and Pawpaw- After our last trip to Disney, my parents, siblings, and I found out that our vacations were about 10 times more fun/entertaining when my grandparents came along! So for the past 3 years, we have been vacationing with them! There is never a dull moment with these two! My granny is the most kind-hearted, Christian woman ever! She just happens to be a germaphobe (in Disney, no less!). She is newly retired and looking to have her first "retired" vacation! My pawpaw is the life of the party! He is always joking around and making a scene! My mom has disowned him a few times when he's started dancing in public! I know I mentioned he was in a wheelchair on our last trip, but he was just having pain that made it hard for him to walk for long periods of time. This year we were hoping to not have to relive his wheelchair experience, but he now has a pinched nerve in his leg/back. Hopefully, he will be feeling better before we go!

Okay, more about the greatest grandparents ever later!
Next we have my mom and dad. These two are a trip! They love going to Disney just about as much as me! When I found out about the 4/3 deal and told my dad, we were booked the next day! This July my parents will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary! Yeay!!

My brother (Jonathan) is 22. He just graduated from college last December! Jonathan provides the sarcastic comments and usually says what everyone else is thinking. He is your typical "TV" brother when it comes to being overprotective. I love getting calls when I'm out on a date asking where I am, who I'm with, and what I'm doing. He's also good for intimidating any new men in my life. My brother isn't exactly a short guy.

My younger sister, Courtney, is 12. She is a trip! She has always tried to be older than she is. She's 12 going on 18! She comes equipped with a little bit of attitude. My parents say she's learned from the best, but I have no idea what they are talking about! She's a mess now... but I love her to death!

Finally, there's me! I'm 19, soon to be 20 years old. I'm in college right now and will finish up finals a day before we leave for Disney! When we come back from our trip, I will be going to work at children's Christian camp for the summer! I'm sooo excited!

So the 7 of us will be flying into Orlando on May 16! We will be there for 7 days! While at Disney, we will be staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We stayed here back in 2005, and I'm super excited to go back here! I'm hoping we get a newly refurbished room!

I'll be back with plenty more stories of our last trip (such as my granny getting closed in automatic closing doors) until I have new ones from our upcoming excursion! If anyone can tell me how to post pictures here, I'd be more than happy to include them! I already have a photobucket account. Til next time!!
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
teacher2525
Mom of Huey, Dewey & Louey

on board!

Looking forward to hearing some funny stories about granny and pawlmao: extended family do make things funnier. Can't wait to hear

1986 1st time off property, 1991 college trip off property, 1995 All star Music, 2002 Swan and Dolphin, 2003 Port Orleans, 2003 Boardwalk Villas, 2006 Saratoga Springs, 2007 Beach club Villas, 2008 Old Key West, 2009 POP, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas

Trip Report that will never be finished http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1907908
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

When I saw your title, I said this has to be someone from the south 'cause that's what we calll grandfathers. So I really wasn't surprised when I saw it's somebody from Louisiana!

My daughter just turned 22 and she attends Mission Georgia Master's Commission. It's not the typical college. They only have 16 students. They do lots of traveling, community work and attend Christian conferenes. She takes online classes and will have her Associates Degree in Christian Leadership soon. She has always taught children's church and been a leader at our church's kids' camp. So, way to go girl. We need more young people like you and my daughter. By the way, she didn't get to go with us to WDW the last two years (we only saw her 3 x in 2008 and only 1 x in 2009) but she is going with us in August, 2009!

Will you be posting pictures? I always say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
BuzzSaw
Earning My Ears

Great start - I'm in!

05/00 - Tree House Villas
01/01 - Boardwalk Villas
10/02 - Beach Club Villas
12/03 - Boardwalk Villas
08/04 - Beach Club Villas
11/05 - Boardwalk Villas
06/06 - Beach Club Villas
08/08 - Polynesian + Boardwalk Villas
Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher2525 View Post
Looking forward to hearing some funny stories about granny and pawlmao: extended family do make things funnier. Can't wait to hear
That they do! I do have plenty of stories, but the only problem is remembering them all! It's been so long since we all went to Disney, so I may have to share some other vaca stories until our upcoming trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
When I saw your title, I said this has to be someone from the south 'cause that's what we calll grandfathers. So I really wasn't surprised when I saw it's somebody from Louisiana!

My daughter just turned 22 and she attends Mission Georgia Master's Commission. It's not the typical college. They only have 16 students. They do lots of traveling, community work and attend Christian conferenes. She takes online classes and will have her Associates Degree in Christian Leadership soon. She has always taught children's church and been a leader at our church's kids' camp. So, way to go girl. We need more young people like you and my daughter. By the way, she didn't get to go with us to WDW the last two years (we only saw her 3 x in 2008 and only 1 x in 2009) but she is going with us in August, 2009!

Will you be posting pictures? I always say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation!
That's so awesome about your daughter especially that they only have 16 students and she's one of them! I bet y'all are all excited to go in August! It's going to be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSaw View Post
Great start - I'm in!
Thanks! Glad to have you along! I'll have another post later on tonight hopefully!!
DCL Dream- February 2015
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Where to start? Where to start? So instead of studying for finals like I should have been doing today, I've been trying to think of good stories to tell! Before I get to today's story, I thought I'd give everyone a run down on what I'm looking forward to the most... EATING! Hey, I'm from the the south. I get it honest.

Since we are flying, we are going to be getting to Disney around 4ish. We are on the DDP. We had dinner reservations at Crystal Palace for the 16th, but we are going to cancel this to make room Le Cellier!
Here's how our dining schedule looks:
16th- None as of right now.
17th- Cinderella's Castle for dinner! Love this place!
18th- Cape May Cafe for BK
19th- Le Cellier in Epcot, late lunch
20th- Chef Mickey's!!! (I've never been here before! I'm so excited to try it!)
21st- Hollywood & Vine (F! package)
22nd- 'Ohana

Now on to more important things, like funny stories about my grandparents!! This story is a personal favorite of mine. It wasn't at Disney, but it's hilarious none the less! Last August my granny and pawpaw decided they wanted to take my cousin and I too the beach in Jacksonville, FL with them. Can you tell that we are just a little spoiled rotten?! Well, my cousin and I were on the beach while my grandparents opted to rent bicylces and ride them on the boardwalk. My cousin and I were in the water and happen to look up to the crosswalk (that connected the beach to the hotel), and we see two people dragging their bicycles over it onto the beach. Joanna (my cousin) and I start laughing at the silly people trying to bring their bikes on the beach. I mean, who does that? Well, soon our expressions change from one of laughter to ones of horror as we realize that it is, indeed, our grandparents trying to ride bicycles on the beach. I guess, that's what we get for laughing. At first we were hoping to just ignore them, but of course, they started waving and shouting at us. They wanted us to take a picture of them on their bicycles... Ok, so maybe it doesn't sound that funny here, but trust me, it truly was a sight! Not to mention the guys we had been flirting with got a big kick out of it all. Guess that showed us...
DCL Dream- February 2015
Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Only 10 days til I'm off to my Whole New World! (Can you tell my favorite movie is Aladdin?!) I'm almost completely done shopping for my trip! I just need to get me a good pair of tennis shoes now, but I'm a little bit picky when it comes to those.

Since I've lost 25 lbs, I had to get a new wardrobe for Disney, right?! I'm really suppose to be packing all my new clothes, so I can have that done before finals... but telling me I can't wear new clothes is like trying to tell a pregnant woman she can't have chocolate. It's not going to happen. Well, now I have 10 days until we leave and 5 finals to study for. Definitely should have listened to my parents.

Anyways, I talked to my grandparents, and they are totally ready! They are starting to pack, and I even have my pawpaw looking at allears.net now! I think I may be creating another monster! By the way, my pawpaw could really use some prayers. His leg/back is really hurting him!

Tomorrow is the big single digit dance! Woo hoo! Can't hurt to have a pre-celebration, right?
DCL Dream- February 2015

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: