Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Soldiersprincess
Loving my Soldier and beautiful little Princess!

Lightbulb Are YOU dressing up for MNSSHP?

I know there have been a few threads about costumes but I thought this would be fun. Are you all dressing up for the party this year? I know a lot of kids do but I'm excited this gives adults a reason to buy a fun costume too!

I'm pretty sure I'm going as a fairy. I just haven't bought my costume yet because there are so many cute ones out there. DH can't decide between pirate or WWII soldier. I told him he's a soldier every day of his life so he ought to go with the pirate

So, lets share some costume ideas here! I know my fairy isn't that creative but I still want to stay cool and comfortable to ride the open rides.

Celebrating DD's First Birthday at Bay Lake Tower, 9/20-9/27

http://welovelucymichaela.blogspot.com

Soldiersprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
secretpantssam
DIS Veteran

My boyfriend and I definitely are. We're debating going as a prince and princess since we already have the costumes and I keep thinking what a beautiful picture we can get in front of the castle. But we're not sure how uncomfortable we'll be by the end of the night. We might wuss out and opt for more comfortable costumes.

Here's my dress:

And here he is posing like a weirdo:

I guess I should mention we're in a sketch comedy group and that's why we have all these weird costumes lying around...

What would Mickey do?

Last edited by secretpantssam; 05-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
secretpantssam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Soldiersprincess
Loving my Soldier and beautiful little Princess!

That is such a cute idea! I kind of wanted to do a flapper/gangster couple because I just love the 40's style. But I keep thinking DH would be wicked uncomfortable in a suit. I think if the tickets weren't so much money we'd go on 2 nights, one dressed comfortable to do everything and one night just to dress up very elaboratly. Not willing to pay that much for it though

Celebrating DD's First Birthday at Bay Lake Tower, 9/20-9/27

http://welovelucymichaela.blogspot.com

Soldiersprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
irunnoft
I'm What Willis Was Talkin' 'Bout!!!!

Not me. I'm going in Sept. and I'm sure it will be hot as all get out. I'm not planning to sweat to death. My son, however, will most likely dress up.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

If I can think of a cool (as in temp) costume, I will. I did a Snow White tribute at the P&PP last May (yellow skirt, red and blue layered shirts), and that was comfy and cool.

I'm trying to think of kids' costumes, too, that won't be too hot in September/October.

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Sleeping Becca
It went to Looneyland, by way of Crazytown, with a detour through Wackoville, and a stop for snacks in Bonkerscity

My DD is def dressing up, and my husband and I want to too but I'm concerned about the heat. We may do T-shirts.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep

'79- Holiday Inn*'83-Viscount(Disney Village)*'90- Poly (Gold Key)*'94- Carribean Beach*'97- Summerfield Suites (Yes, I saw "the cake")*'98- Westgate*'01- All Star Movies*'03- Carribean Beach*'05- All Star Movies*'05- Homewood Suites-*07Disneyland Hotel-*08 MNSSHP Peabody-*08 MVMCP Pop Century-*09 Grand Floridian-*09 MNSSHP Contemporary-*10 All Star Movies-*-Boardwalk
Sleeping Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

I would love ideas. We are going in Sept. also and I want something that won't make me and the kids sweat to death.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Prissymouse
Mouseketeer

It's a family tradition for us.
We usually dress as Star Wars characters...
Deluxe light sabers and all...

Prissymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

My MIL and I are prolly going as ! If anyone else goes I'm sure they won't dress up. I would love to go as something Disney, but that is very hard to find cheap, easy to pack and comfortable! I love the idea, tho!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

yup! i am! i still have my pirate costume from the P&PP so i'll be reusing it
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I didn't...but honestly Sept was so hot that though we brought costumes we ended up not wearing them. This year we are doing matching Halloween tshirts
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

We don't but I do have a t-shirt that I have made just for the party.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
Belle102498
Mouseketeer

My husband and I don't dress up in traditional costumes. Last year we got t-shirts. His said "I'm the trick", and mine said "I'm the treat".

They were so easy last year that we are doing the same this year. His is going to say "667 I'm the neighbor of the beast" and mine will say "333 I'm only half evil"

They are just t-shirts that can be paired with shorts or jeans. You can get them in long sleeve t-shirts too, but since we are going in September, I think the short sleeved ones will be fine!
1990 July- Off site,1997 Nov - Swan, 1998 Oct - Swan,2003 Feb - Off site, 2005 Sept- Caribbean Beach,2007 Nov - Port Orleans Riverside,2008 Oct- Wilderness Lodge,2009 Sept- Beach Club Villas, 2011 May - DCL Bahamas, 2012 Oct - Boardwalk Villas

Belle102498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
Kitzer
Budding Guitarist

yes to costumes

We are trying to think of costumes. DD7 will probably use one her many princess dresses. DD17 is trying to find a Minnie dress, but all the ones for women are kind of risque for the magic kingdoms family friendly rule.

I'm going as a Pharoah so I get to wear what is basically a short-sleeve, knee length dress and sandals, perfect for warm weather. Kinda like what Yul Brenner wore in the 10 Commandments.

DW is still debating about a Pochontas costume.

We're also plan to bring backup halloween t-shirts.
Kitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
HoneyLSU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitzer View Post
We are trying to think of costumes. DD7 will probably use one her many princess dresses. DD17 is trying to find a Minnie dress, but all the ones for women are kind of risque for the magic kingdoms family friendly rule.

I'm going as a Pharoah so I get to wear what is basically a short-sleeve, knee length dress and sandals, perfect for warm weather. Kinda like what Yul Brenner wore in the 10 Commandments.

DW is still debating about a Pochontas costume.

We're also plan to bring backup halloween t-shirts.
I've been thinking alot about non risque costumes and the one I'm really considering is a Minnie Mouse one. Here's a picture of the one I found:

It's on this site:
http://www.funwarehouse.co.uk/acatal..._Costumes.html

What I do when I'm trying to find a costume is just type it into google then click on images and just look at the pics to see what I like. Sometimes they're on sites where you can buy them but most of the time I just search on ebay and buy my costumes that way. They are SO much cheaper that way and they've mostly only been worn once. Plus why would you want to spend so much money on something you're only going to wear once?
HoneyLSU is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: