Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #106
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I am staying -- don't you worry!

See, I am already laughing again!

We did do a couple of the kids' activities and one of them actually took place in the kids club -- I was very impressed with the set-up!
Yeah, we're going to have so much fun.....Taunting Peg and her children is sport for me....you'll see in upcoming posts. I think MM is coming to stay with her auntie while her mommy abondons....whoops....goes on a holiday without her

Jasmine's too old to go to kids clubs now.....she is with me all time.....asking for money
Old 06-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #107
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Queen, Peg, and Lisa...TY so much for all of your tips!!! It really helps, as DD has never been in the heat, and it was in 2001 when DH and I were there in June, so we definatly needed a refresher! DH and I have been talking about renting a car, we are going to try and get to Universal and Sea World, also he wants to go to the beach! Sounds like we had better start some planning too!!! Well off to enjoy the dry but windy day!!
March 2010 DLR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #108
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Glad to help DisneyBrat.
We got to sit outside and watch a soccer playoff game yesterdayI don't think we got that wet in Tropical Storm FayeThen we were supposed to go to a Goldeyes game last night, yep cancelled. Honestly, I know we needed some rain, som being the key word. We didn't need a months worth of rain in two days.

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #109
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

And it's still raining!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was like the warm rain you get in Florida, but this stuff is miserable! Oh well, in a few more days it won't matter!

So it sounds like your trip is coming along nicely. The way our trip has been expanding, we might still be there when you arrive!
Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 AM   #110
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Ahem, I am sure you meant to add "meet BOTH of you" right..... Hope King Charming has a great Father's Day. Geodoc had to work today
Absolutely I meant "meet BOTH of you"! I figured me meeting you was a given since it's you I "met" first on here. Yeah, that's the ticket. Now wait just a minute while I get this foot out of my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
We have proof, Titanic, need I say more??
:r otfl2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
PS Don't tell Hypermommy but I'm good at BBQ-ing too and it's not grilling
Okay, we gotta get this thing cleared up right here and now. BBQ involves mucho amounts of time (hours and hours) of slow cooking, usually some rubs (we won't even talk about how much fun it is to rub the spices into the raw meat) and several layers of BBQ sauce (mustard based, of course!). So now y'all tell me exactly how it is that y'all make BBQ.

Quote:
Taunting Peg and her children is sport for me....you'll see in upcoming posts. I think MM is coming to stay with her auntie while her mommy abondons....whoops....goes on a holiday without her

Jasmine's too old to go to kids clubs now.....she is with me all time.....asking for money
LOL and you do it QUITE well!!! It is soooooo much fun to watch someone else for whom kids are just entertaining little people to taunt and tease. Of course I do the same with mine!

Asking for money... ain't that the truth. Too bad there's not some way we could have raised these kids into teenagers without them knowing what money is all about, ain't it?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #111
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Hi Queen and PurplePeg!

Your families are beautiful!!
I am so glad I finally found your tr!
The plans sound awesome and your going to a lot of restaurants that I haven't been to so I am excited to see how they are!
Can't wait to read more!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #112
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

How exciting for Peg to go on a Holiday without the kids. It's nice to get away every once in a while. That's sweet of you to look after them. I suggest saving the torturing until close to the end of the trip so that Peg and Geodec can deal with the fallout instead of you.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #113
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Hi Queen and PurplePeg!

The plans sound awesome and your going to a lot of restaurants that I haven't been to so I am excited to see how they are!
Can't wait to read more!
Welcome and glad you have hopped on the bandwagon We will definitely be providing reviews and pictures of the dining. We love our food in case you hadn't noticed Thanks for the kind words about our families, we think they're pretty great too but we are biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
How exciting for Peg to go on a Holiday without the kids. It's nice to get away every once in a while. That's sweet of you to look after them. I suggest saving the torturing until close to the end of the trip so that Peg and Geodec can deal with the fallout instead of you.
Oh you are so funny....no I'm not going alone, I'm taking Snow White with me. Just a girls trip. I did it at the end of school last year because I made her do extra homework all year to try and improve her grades so it was a reward. This year she asked because "I want to spend some alone time with you" Well how can you say no to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
Absolutely I meant "meet BOTH of you"! I figured me meeting you was a given since it's you I "met" first on here. Yeah, that's the ticket. Now wait just a minute while I get this foot out of my mouth.

Okay, we gotta get this thing cleared up right here and now. BBQ involves mucho amounts of time (hours and hours) of slow cooking, usually some rubs (we won't even talk about how much fun it is to rub the spices into the raw meat) and several layers of BBQ sauce (mustard based, of course!). So now y'all tell me exactly how it is that y'all make BBQ.

LOL and you do it QUITE well!!! It is soooooo much fun to watch someone else for whom kids are just entertaining little people to taunt and tease. Of course I do the same with mine!

Asking for money... ain't that the truth. Too bad there's not some way we could have raised these kids into teenagers without them knowing what money is all about, ain't it?

I believe in Canada BBQ is a verb as in we BBQ our food and the grills are called bbq's so that's what I'm sticking with. I understand the whole hours and hours and rubs etc.

Have you decided if you can, in fact, meet us? If I cross my fingers will that help?

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #114
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

QUOTE=Disney Brat;32471125]Queen, Peg, and Lisa...TY so much for all of your tips!!! It really helps, as DD has never been in the heat, and it was in 2001 when DH and I were there in June, so we definatly needed a refresher! DH and I have been talking about renting a car, we are going to try and get to Universal and Sea World, also he wants to go to the beach! Sounds like we had better start some planning too!!! Well off to enjoy the dry but windy day!![/QUOTE]

It was a pleasure! I wish we were going to Sea World, or better yet Discovery Cove. Jasmine and I did this in 2002 and I would love to do it again, but it is pricey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
And it's still raining!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was like the warm rain you get in Florida, but this stuff is miserable! Oh well, in a few more days it won't matter!

So it sounds like your trip is coming along nicely. The way our trip has been expanding, we might still be there when you arrive!
Wouldn't that be funny if you guys were still there....I hear a cocktail calling us

Quote:

Yeah, we definately don't MAKE BBQ we have a BBQ and you;re right, it's slappin a piece of meat on the grill.....it's the cold up here...gets to our brains

Brings a smile to my face just thinking of taunting the children...and I start first thing in the morning....really why wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Hi Queen and PurplePeg!

Can't wait to read more!
Yeahhhhhh Princess Caitlin is here....for those of you who haven't followed her report, you really need to go back and read it, this young lady did a wonderful job Congratulate her too.....she is a real princess, she just won a local beauty pagent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
I only get MM, Peg's taking Snow with her and Geodoc is working....Peg has quite the life doesn't she Jasmine and Thomas can't wait for MM to come for a few days, their "band" isn't the same without her
Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 AM   #115
Hypermommy
Dreams of being a local on Castaway Cay

Quote:
Yeah, we definately don't MAKE BBQ we have a BBQ and you;re right, it's slappin a piece of meat on the grill.....it's the cold up here...gets to our brains
Girl, yer nuts!!!

Quote:
Brings a smile to my face just thinking of taunting the children...and I start first thing in the morning....really why wait
Well, it IS something akin to a morning cup of coffee isn't it?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #116
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Girl, yer nuts!!!

I know you may find this hard to believe, but I have been told this once or twice

Well, it IS something akin to a morning cup of coffee isn't it?
Yes it is!! ...and in Disney that morning cup of coffee may have some Bailey's Irish Cream in it Notice how I go straight for the alcohol
Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #119
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Happy Canada Day to you too! We are all really sick, so we are stuck inside on this lovely day!! We may go drive to the Forks and park and watch the fireworks from the car, if we are feeling up to it! Enjoy your day everyone!!
March 2010 DLR
Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #120
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Happy Canada Day to you too! We are all really sick, so we are stuck inside on this lovely day!! We may go drive to the Forks and park and watch the fireworks from the car, if we are feeling up to it! Enjoy your day everyone!!

Oh no, that's awful. Hope you are all up and about soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: