Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #16
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
Kidani AKL only opened 3 days ago so that new in my eyes
Paulh
Yep that's new - but I don't like the location. Which is why the Bay Lake resort appeals.
If I stay at a disney resort I want other things we like nearby.

Last edited by JohnnySharp2; 05-04-2009 at 06:43 AM.
JohnnySharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #17
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
would think if on points at Jambo AKV should be able to use dvc amenities at kidani.but people staying cash at AKL wont
Paulh
That is what I heard plus people paying cash staying at the villas at Jambo booked through disney can also use the Kidani pool so its not just restricted to those on points. not sure if that bit is true though.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 AM   #18
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySharp2 View Post
We did stay at the Boardwalk in 2006...
The room was the letdown, as it looked in dire need of a re-fit
The Inn has undergone a refit since then. As an RCI exchange, though, Obi would be looking at the DVC side of the resort and that's certainly still in dire need of a refit. I think members' annual dues must all be going on carpet shampoo, because they've been cleaned to within an inch of their lives.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #19
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
My last stay at BWV was certainly in a 'jaded' unit (as I believe you experienced yourself Deb)
We certainly did, and our 2 bed at BCV in January last year wasn't much better. I alluded to that in my reply, but, reading it back, it may have seemed I was talking about the Swan and Dolphin, rather than BWV and BCV.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #20
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
The Inn has undergone a refit since then. As an RCI exchange, though, Obi would be looking at the DVC side of the resort and that's certainly still in dire need of a refit. I think members' annual dues must all be going on carpet shampoo, because they've been cleaned to within an inch of their lives.
One of the reasons why we didn't buy DVC to be honest. We were extremely dissapointed with the quality of the furnishings in the room.
It is expensive to stay there too, especially if you book direct - I think it was $450 per night around the time we stayed there, it was still not cheap for us when we rented points.

In fairness we have only stayed on-site once, I am sure many people have different experiences. I have seen photos of Boardwalk rooms that look very nice - however, ours was far from that.

It does just make me nervous about booking the Polynesian for our next holiday - hence the interest in Bay Lake, albeit for just a few nights.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #21
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

I love OKW for the reason that many people dislike it for - you are away from the hustle and bustle of Disney life. I like the laid back feel, the quiet pools are just that - quiet. The main pool is where all the action is and is always busy with things happening at times throughout the day - water volleyball, aquarobics, competitions etc.

You know you are staying at a Disney property but it's not in your face and a major plus to the resort is they get very few day visitors just there to look at the resort. It may be older but we have never had problems with our 2 bedrooms units.

I love it there.

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM   #22
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets fan View Post
...the quiet pools are just that - quiet. The main pool is where all the action is...
It's probably worth mentioning (without in any way meaning to detract from Tina's advocacy of OKW) that in my experience, this is true of all the DVC resorts.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
It's probably worth mentioning (without in any way meaning to detract from Tina's advocacy of OKW) that in my experience, this is true of all the DVC resorts.
take it that you have never been round the quiet pool with us then Deb
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
tubtruck
Tubtastic

We have stayed at all of the onsite DVC resorts with the exception of Bay Lake Towers and in all honesty we have enjoyed them all.
I dont think that OKW is of as high a standard as the other resorts and is my least favourite. I really like all the others but in different ways.
At a push probably my favourite two are VWL and BCV. From a resort only view I would have to say VWL, but BCV is very handy for epcot.
From a quality and refinement of room and furnishings I would have to say SSR as it has a similar feel to the room as the Grand Floridian.
From this I would rank them
1 VWL
2 BCV
3 SSR
4 AKL
5 BWV
6 OKW

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
gilld
Will just have the butler open her champagne!

BCV - you can't beat it for its proximity to Epcot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: