Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #91
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Awesome PTR! Can't believe it took me this long to get here!!
First, you looked stunning for that wedding!
Second, great plans.
Third, Paige has one of those tanks that Madison has - the green paisley with purple straps! Wears it constantly!!
Fourth, my deepest sympathies on your grandfather's passing.
Fifth, good luck with getting a good ADR for your b-day!!
#1-Thanks so much!
#2-I think they're pretty great too!
#3-How cool! Maddie has never worn hers yet. I got it on the clearance rack at Target awhile back.
#4-Thank you. It was a hard couple of days last week.
5- I certainly need all the luck I can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Hey Meghan I love how Madison's clothes totally coordinate with yours! Those tanks could be yours!

I also want to add that I work for the same bank as your DH. I know you mentioned before that he worked for a local bank but when I read your last update about the weekend plans I laughed and totally knew where he was! Small world!

I did some shopping at Old Navy too. (the new one on the BLVD) I got a bathing suit and a blue cover up skirt and white ruffled tank top. I love your pink one though

You work for M&T?? How cool! If you don't want the whole Dis knowing where in the bank you work, PM me! I do love all of Madison's tanks. I have a tendency to dress her like me and I don't even know it! I work at the ON on the Blvd!!! How crazy! And I know exactly what clothes you're talking about. I know that store like the back of my hand! Next time you shop, look for me. I usually work Tue and Thurs from 9am-1pm, but this week I work Fri instead of Th.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #92
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Just don't rat me out to your DH about how much time I spend on the DIS at work!

I have off on Tuesday's so I might see you! You'll have to let me know when the good sales are!

I keep trying to call everyday for an Ohana' ADR with no luck yet. Man, this is annoying!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #93
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Just don't rat me out to your DH about how much time I spend on the DIS at work!

I have off on Tuesday's so I might see you! You'll have to let me know when the good sales are!

I keep trying to call everyday for an Ohana' ADR with no luck yet. Man, this is annoying!
I would never rat out a fellow DISer!!! I'm always at ON on Tuesdays and I'm usually working in the Women's section. I'm part of the shipment crew so I'll be out on the floor opening up clothes.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #94
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

One More Shirt!!

I did it. I went shopping again today, but I only bought one thing. I just couldn't resist this adorable shirt (again, from Aeropostale).

Sorry if it's a little dark. It has Hawaiian looking flowers on it and it ties in the back. And guess what, it was on clearance and it was only $9!!! Awesome! I think it will be the perfect shirt to wear for our breakfast at Kona!! Yes, I'm really starting to think about which shirts go with which park/restaurant. I can't guarantee it will be like that for my entire trip, but I'll try my best!!

No Mickey Mail today. Total bummer. I hope that it comes soon!

27 days until my birthday!!!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #95
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Just read the whole PTR, minus the 1st epi which I read when you started it.

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! And a little jealous of the JetBlue flights. If we had JetBlue I would actually consider flying.

I love all of your tops and Madison's cute dresses. (And the flip flop tank! Totally something I would pick up for Belle.)

The Irish dancing sounds fabulous. I wonder if we have any in our area. Belle starts ballet in the fall. I cry everytime I think about it. Did you feel that way when Madison started dance class?

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 05-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #96
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Just read the whole PTR, minus the 1st epi which I read when you started it.

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! And a little jealous of the JetBlue flights. If we had JetBlue I would actually consider flying.

I love all of your tops and Madison's cute dresses. (And the flip flop tank! Totally something I would pick up for Belle.)

The Irish dancing sounds fabulous. I wonder if we have any in our area. Belle starts ballet in the fall. I cry everytime I think about it. Did you feel that way when Madison started dance class?
I was very emotional when Madison started dancing. It brought back so many memories of my first ballet class! I was so happy that she wanted to follow in my footsteps and take dance. She doesn't take ballet anymore (too much money to do ballet and Irish), but the Irish dancing is amazing. It still requires turnout, pointed feet and straight legs. Stuff I know all about!

I'm glad you like my recent purchases. I seem to be a buying machine lately (my DH isn't too happy about that!) and I just can't stop. I'm constantly thinking about Disney and what to wear while we're there. If I'm going to melt in the Florida sun, why not try to look cute too?

Those JetBlue flights were definately icing on the cake. We were already excited about the great deal we got for this trip, but that was just an extra dose of wonderfulness (I know, not a word)! I feel like I should be planning more for this trip, but everything is basically done! I know which parks I want to do each morning, and then in the evenings, we'll play it by ear (except for our dinner ADR's of course). I just can't wait!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #97
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I did it. I went shopping again today, but I only bought one thing. I just couldn't resist this adorable shirt (again, from Aeropostale).

Sorry if it's a little dark. It has Hawaiian looking flowers on it and it ties in the back. And guess what, it was on clearance and it was only $9!!! Awesome! I think it will be the perfect shirt to wear for our breakfast at Kona!! Yes, I'm really starting to think about which shirts go with which park/restaurant. I can't guarantee it will be like that for my entire trip, but I'll try my best!!

No Mickey Mail today. Total bummer. I hope that it comes soon!

27 days until my birthday!!!
VERY cute!!! I love it, perfect for your breakfast at Kona and it looks sooo nice and comfy and cool!!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #98
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
VERY cute!!! I love it, perfect for your breakfast at Kona and it looks sooo nice and comfy and cool!!
I fell in love with it the moment I put it on (yes, I easily fall in love with clothes). It's super comfy, but a little sheer. So, I'll just throw a purple or pink tank under it and be good to go!

Let me go on a side note here about tank tops. I have an entire DRAWER of them in my dresser. Yes...side to side, top to bottom...filled with tanks. I decided to go through them the other day and I am getting rid of 22 tanks (giving them to Goodwill or Salvation Army). Well, I decided to count my remaining tanks. I have over 50 tank tops!!!!! Is that just ridiculous?! Let me say one thing. I wear a tank top 365 days year. I wear them under sweaters, layer them under tees, and sometimes I wear 2 tank tops at the same time. Tanks and flip flops are definately my friends.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #99
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I fell in love with it the moment I put it on (yes, I easily fall in love with clothes). It's super comfy, but a little sheer. So, I'll just throw a purple or pink tank under it and be good to go!

Let me go on a side note here about tank tops. I have an entire DRAWER of them in my dresser. Yes...side to side, top to bottom...filled with tanks. I decided to go through them the other day and I am getting rid of 22 tanks (giving them to Goodwill or Salvation Army). Well, I decided to count my remaining tanks. I have over 50 tank tops!!!!! Is that just ridiculous?! Let me say one thing. I wear a tank top 365 days year. I wear them under sweaters, layer them under tees, and sometimes I wear 2 tank tops at the same time. Tanks and flip flops are definately my friends.
HOLY COW! 50 tanks!!!!! I have about 5....lol!!! But your figure is much cuter than mine so you can get away with wearing them....lol!! Too funny....I have about 12 pairs of flip flops (stocked up last year on the $1 sale at ON!) and got 3 really nice pairs this year...Tevas and Fit Flops....so I'm with you there for sure!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #100
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
HOLY COW! 50 tanks!!!!! I have about 5....lol!!! But your figure is much cuter than mine so you can get away with wearing them....lol!! Too funny....I have about 12 pairs of flip flops (stocked up last year on the $1 sale at ON!) and got 3 really nice pairs this year...Tevas and Fit Flops....so I'm with you there for sure!!!
I know, I've gone a bit overboard on the tank tops. As far as flip flops go, I have two sets of black, white, pink, green, blue, yellow, orange, silver, bronze and white with all different color polka dots. I think that's 11 pairs. I also have a pair of Athens crocs flip flops. I haven't worn them yet, so I have no idea why I bought them! That's just how I am.

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #101
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

ADR's, They Are A'Changing

When I got home from work today, I decided to call Disney dining. When I told the CM I was looking for places like LeCellier, CM and TH, he told me, "That will never happen, but we'll give it a look." I told him I had been trying for awhile and I was going to keep calling back in case of cancellations. Anyways.....there was no availability at LeCellier or CM (major bummer), but I got a bfast ADR for TH!!!! I was beyond excited. I know that Daisy is usually there and she's one of the characters Madison has never had a chance to meet.

After I got off the phone, I had totally forgotten to check to see if I could move my Sci-Fi ressie. I really don't want to eat dinner at 3:40pm. That's not considered dinner in my book. That's a very late lunch! They had no availability for later that day, but they had a time of 6:55pm on......JUNE 24TH!!!!! My birthday!! Woo hoo!!! I was thrilled! I really wanted to eat somewhere on my birthday and I think Sci-Fi will be great. I haven't eaten there in years and I can't wait for one of those delicious milkshakes!! So, here are my new ADR's:

6/24 - Sci Fi Dine In @ 6:55pm (DHS has EMH that night too!)
6/25 - Kona Cafe @ 10:15am (MK has AM EMH)
6/26 - Rose & Crown @ 4:45pm (MK has PM EMH)
6/27 - Tusker House @ 8:20am (AK has AM EMH)
6/28 - Cape May Cafe @ 9:40am (EP has AM EMH)

We only have 4 TS credits, so I might be cancelling Rose & Crown. Either that, or we'll pay OOP for one of our meals. I really wanted to eat dinner at the MK or one of the MK resorts on the 26th (MK PM EMH), but I don't really like my options. We liked CP for breakfast, but I'm not real keen on dinner buffets. I've never eaten at Tony's or the Plaza, but their menus aren't making my excited. Ohana seems nice, but we're already eating at the Poly once. I can't get into CM for any of my dates and we don't want to do Cali Grill (too fancy for us on a family vaca). At the GF, I've eaten at Narcoossee's before but none of the other places. I've heard mixed reviews about 1900 Park Fare, but I'd love to dine with the Step Sisters!

Also, I got Mickey Mail today!! I like all the things you get with your package but I don't see us going to the arcade at all or even Planet Hollywood. We have one across the border in Niagara Falls, so that's not a big deal to us. I still have to try and figure out when we're going to go to DTD. I'm thinking possibly the 27th in the afternoon/evening. There is no PM EMH anywhere that night so maybe we'll do some shopping (it's our last night). I just have to see Wishes that night too!!!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #102
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting into TH!! That's so exciting that Madison will get to see Daisy. She is such a rare character. And your other ADRs look great. Who knows--maybe you'll be able to get into Le Cellier after all! Your new shirt is adorable as well. I'm thinking about doing some more Disney shopping soon. I probably shouldn't since it's not til Sept, but we'll see. Oh--and we ate at Tony's in 2006, and it was really good. Just fyi.

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #103
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Yay for getting into TH!! That's so exciting that Madison will get to see Daisy. She is such a rare character. And your other ADRs look great. Who knows--maybe you'll be able to get into Le Cellier after all! Your new shirt is adorable as well. I'm thinking about doing some more Disney shopping soon. I probably shouldn't since it's not til Sept, but we'll see. Oh--and we ate at Tony's in 2006, and it was really good. Just fyi.
We're pretty excited about TH. We are a breakfast loving family! We get our money's worth on those breakfast buffets. My friend just went to WDW 2 weeks ago. I saw her pics on facebook and they saw Daisy 3 times!!! She was outside Epcot and the MK when they arrived at those parks and they ate at TH. I was so jealous! I'm not giving up on CM or LeCellier, but I'm very happy with my ADR's. I may have to give Tony's a try, but we'll see.

I do love my new shirt. Now I have to decide what to wear on my birthday! We just got this dress in today at Old Navy and I think it's so cute! I like the blue floral print.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=662303002

Or, I have this dress, but it's an all over black and white floral print (they don't have that style online I guess!). I know it says it's a swim cover-up, but I would totally wear it with some black cropped leggings!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=653575022

There could be more purchases in my future! My DH would like to go shopping for some new stuff, so maybe we'll go tomorrow. I really don't like to shop on the weekends, but I will if I have to! I think we're also going to go see "UP". How exciting!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #104
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm all caught up.

Love your clothes. Wish I could wear such cute stuff, but I'm too old and heavy.

Now that your ADR have changed not sure where you'll be and when but here's out plans.

6/24 Mk with dinner at 'Ohana
6/25 AK with dinner at 1900 Park Fare
6/26 Epcot breakfast Storybook dinning and dinner Biergarten
6/27 Mk with dinner at LTT
6/28 DS with a very early dinner at 50s Prime time.

I'm not planning on any morning EMH but may hop and hit some nighttime EMH.

We'll probably hit the resort for mid day breaks. I'm taking my older sister and her 9 year old daughter. Girls only trip! Our daughters are 10 days apart.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #105
carone0318
Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

Hi Meghan!!! I just read your trip report, I'm glad you let me know about it.

First things first, if you are going to pay out of pocket, I suggest paying for Sci-Fi, there menu items tend to be a little cheaper OR pay for breakfast at TH.

We are also eating Kona Cafe, but for dinner. We have eaten there for breakfast before and I had the Tonga Toast, it was amazing!

Madison is just downright adorable and her in that Irish dress is just precious! I know exactly how you feel about your dd doing something along the same lines that you did/do. My dd, Kerry, does gymnastics. The same thing I did growing up, but she is way, way better than I ever was. I am in awe of her. I can watch her practice for hours on end and I never get bored. And when she compete, I can barely breathe!

As for your clothes, loves the shirts. They are all super cute. The one flip flop shirt that you have for Madison looks just like a tank I bought for Kerry but I got it at Justice. It has flip flop prints all over it too.

In regards to Le Cellier, never give up! That ADR could come about, you never know. The shame of it all is we once had an ADR for 8 people and I reduced the ADR down to 4 - if I had only knew back when I did it. Point of the story, don't give up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: