Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #76
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Brook - were you reading along when we did the summer report? We started off at Crystal Palace, so there are pictures of characters and food there, if you care to go back and look it up. It was our first meal on our first day, right after the afternoon parade, so that should help you find it. There's a picture of Tigger wearing the shades he stole from me!

I'll get a bunch more this summer - hopefully some more of the building and interior design. That's really a beautiful place all around.
Now that you mention it, I do vagulely recall an incident where Tigger stole your sunglasses. I believe I was more of a lurker her on the TR boards at that point. Which trip is it - Over the river and through the Fun? I'll check it out-thanks MeMom!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #77
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Rain, rain go away…

Sitting here sipping coffee from my mug (a gift from the newbie mom whose nickname for me is Tink)

and thought a short update about nothing would be fun to write so here it goes.

ADRs are now complete. We will be dining together each day except Friday. The Spragues will be going to Askerhuis for breakfast with the Princesses and we will be at 1900 Park Fare.
I am grateful that my boys have finally agreed to let Mom have her breakfast with one of her two fav characters~ Mary Poppins.

A few updates re the trip: We now have car/van service booked. Being one short of a Grand Gathering this trip, we had to move to the next level of transport. I didn’t realize how much space 7 and their luggage needed! As Dad says, we are planning to do laundry once during our 10-day voyage, but DS will need at least 6 t-shirts to get him through the first 3 days alone!

Last weekend we purchased DS’ new crocs. He chose the colour, maybe he's been secretly DISing: (I think we’ll need to pick up a few more Disney Jibbitz to add to them)

Year end will quickly be upon us at this end of the Great White North. Paperwork, paperwork paperwork! We have a few activities planned for our students for the last two weeks: Field Days, trip to local activity camp, awards ceremony, etc. Only 15 school days left!

Moving into plan mode for my trip to Memphis in July. Preparing our presentation, taking many stills and interviewing kids to share their thoughts. But soon, oh soon, we’ll be seeing...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #78
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Love the GREEN Crocs! DD has some that same color!

Good luck with the paperwork! I hear ya there! Luckily, we only have 3 days to go!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 05-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #79
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

The Disney Store in Nashville had a bucket of Jibbitz on clearance by the register. Don't know if you have one close. You might want to check it out.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 AM   #80
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post

Last weekend we purchased DSí new crocs. He chose the colour, maybe he's been secretly DISing: (I think weíll need to pick up a few more Disney Jibbitz to add to them)

You better hope he hasn't been Dising or else he might find out that the big you-know-who's went you-know-where without the little you-know-who!!

But I'll never tell.

Your Tink cup is cute. Meal time is so much more fun when you have little friends on your dinnerware.

I think we have decided to change our plans for the Four Parks day. We're not going to do the dinner package after all. After reading a lot of posts where people were saying there is no real advantage to it any more, we switched our agenda a little. We're going to see it on another night, but we'll just get counter service and go over and get in line with the masses. A lot of people are saying that even with the package, you're still having to get in the regular line at an hour to an hour and a half out, so I don't see the point of getting the package and paying extra.

Are your friends showing any growing excitement about the trip?

P.S. Do you want us to be on the lookout for any particular Jibbitz? We'd be glad to send you some, if we see them.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #81
pooksma
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
The Disney Store in Nashville had a bucket of Jibbitz on clearance by the register. Don't know if you have one close. You might want to check it out.
I wish! The closest one closed last year and the next nearest is 4 hrs away.
How's the new water fun working out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You better hope he hasn't been Dising or else he might find out that the big you-know-who's went you-know-where without the little you-know-who!!

But I'll never tell.

Your Tink cup is cute. Meal time is so much more fun when you have little friends on your dinnerware.

I think we have decided to change our plans for the Four Parks day. We're not going to do the dinner package after all. After reading a lot of posts where people were saying there is no real advantage to it any more, we switched our agenda a little. We're going to see it on another night, but we'll just get counter service and go over and get in line with the masses. A lot of people are saying that even with the package, you're still having to get in the regular line at an hour to an hour and a half out, so I don't see the point of getting the package and paying extra.

Are your friends showing any growing excitement about the trip?

P.S. Do you want us to be on the lookout for any particular Jibbitz? We'd be glad to send you some, if we see them.
I know you can keep a secret~ you're a teacher and a Mom afterall

I agree about the package if it really doesn't give you an advantage. Guess we'll enjoy our meal and line up with everyone.

I'm really not sure re the Jibbitz. Nothing in particular has been mentioned. Thanks for your sweet offer

Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #82
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish! The closest one closed last year and the next nearest is 4 hrs away.
How's the new water fun working out?

Yeah ours closed last year too. Luckily the closest one is just an hour and a half and very close to MeMom so I still get to visit often. The water slide was a blast yesterday. Then we went and saw UP! It was super cute. Brooklynn wanted to get on it first thing this morning, but I told her no she had to get ready for church.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #83
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Signing on to hear about the trip. We're a year behind you. This Spring Dh and I left the kids behind. Now I have to wait until next year (actually Dh says 2011 but I'm working on him to bring that number down) to take the family again.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-31-2009, 05:26 PM   #84
pooksma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Signing on to hear about the trip. We're a year behind you. This Spring Dh and I left the kids behind. Now I have to wait until next year (actually Dh says 2011 but I'm working on him to bring that number down) to take the family again.
Nice to have you along. I understand DH has been reading your report.

Hey look-my 2500th post!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #85
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Yeah ours closed last year too. Luckily the closest one is just an hour and a half and very close to MeMom so I still get to visit often. The water slide was a blast yesterday. Then we went and saw UP! It was super cute. Brooklynn wanted to get on it first thing this morning, but I told her no she had to get ready for church.

Did you let her play on after she got ready for church?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 06-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #86
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Love the Crocs-good color choice! When my DH saw the Castle on my computer he said "Ahhh, the Castle." I couldn't agree more. Great shot.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #87
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Did you let her play on after she got ready for church?
Nope, I'm not that crazy. I'm picking her up from school before lunch today. We have some friends coming over with their girls to play on it. She has no idea so that will be a fun surprise!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #88
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Love the cool CROCS, a great choice.

My DD wanted more Disney Jibbitz (castle in particular) so I purchased some on Ebay. Fairly inexpensive.

You may want to look on there, at WDW they are $4 each, if I remember correctly.

Pooksma I want to swipe that mug!! Just kidding, it's very cute.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #89
pooksma

Developments this week: With our CDN dollar starting to climb, newbie Dad thought he'd better pay off their trip. They are all set now.

I am still holding out for another week-hoping it will go even higher

And its a good thing I'm waiting too because...we just bought our first TRUCK.
Its not new-new to us though-and its got room for everyone. Exciting for people who have only ever own cars and SUVs.

Need some help with this idea...
I want to do an autograph book for DS that has a picture insert on one side and a place for the character to sign on the other. I'm not sure if this makes sense but if it does, can anyone offer suggestions? I think I may have to make something myself and from the most non-crafty person ever, this is a major deal!

Coming up this weekend...Jibbitz, a pool (?), soccer jamboree and UP.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #90
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Developments this week: With our CDN dollar starting to climb, newbie Dad thought he'd better pay off their trip. They are all set now.

I am still holding out for another week-hoping it will go even higher

And its a good thing I'm waiting too because...we just bought our first TRUCK.
Its not new-new to us though-and its got room for everyone. Exciting for people who have only ever own cars and SUVs.

Need some help with this idea...
I want to do an autograph book for DS that has a picture insert on one side and a place for the character to sign on the other. I'm not sure if this makes sense but if it does, can anyone offer suggestions? I think I may have to make something myself and from the most non-crafty person ever, this is a major deal!

Coming up this weekend...Jibbitz, a pool (?), soccer jamboree and UP.
I too am waiting to see if the dollar keeps climbing, something tells me it will, could we be so lucky to have it at par again

Congrats on the truck!!!

I bought my nieces autograph books that you are describing at the gift shop last year at ASMu (Ithink that's where I got them). I have seem photo albums like that too at Walmart....not sure if you want to buy or make

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: