Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
DisneyAllison
Mouseketeer

Do you think we have allowed enough time?

We have a 9:35 BBB appiontment at DTD. DD(5) is getting her hair, make-up, and nails done. We have a reservation at 11:05 for the Storybook Breakfast in Epcot. Do you think that will allow us enough time to get to Epcot? Does DTD have direct buses to the parks? We are staying at All Star Sports and would go directly to DTD from there. Do buses run that early to DTD?

If anyone has any advice, please share...I'd love to hear ideas / suggestions.

Thank you.

Me (34) ; DH (38) ; DD (7)

Early Family Trips:
Me: Off Site -'83, '90, '95, '97
DH: Ft. Wilderness Campground- '81

Onsite: Honeymoon 2001 (Contemporary); 2002 (Carribbean Beach , Polynesian, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, All Star Movies); 2007 (Wilderness Lodge);2009 (Wilderness Lodge); 2011 (Wilderness Lodge)

Grand Marshals - (MK) 2002

Ready to plan another trip!!
DisneyAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

Not to scare you but I don't think that is enough time. If they are running even a little behind you are running late. you also have to factor in getting a bus to a resort and then to the park. There are not buses from DTD to the parks. I would try to spread it out more.
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR(3X),ASSports, Pop, OKW(2X), AKV(Club level!), BWV
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
pavil
I want to be an Imagineer

I would have to second that. I don't think you have enough time. I don't know how long BBB takes but you will need two busses to get to your meal. Thats 30-40 minutes right there.
pavil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
karriemouse
Official Disney Cruise Addict

Location: Manchester, UK or Windsor Hills, Orlando or on a plane between the two!

Another vote for not enough time - sorry. Also I wouldn't want to be in danger of spoiling the experience by keeping checking up on the time.

BBB to bus stop at DTD, bus to any resort, bus to Epcot, walk to the far end of World Showcase - could easily take an hour. Which only leaves 30 mins for BBB - I've never done it but would hope for the money you pay it lasts longer than 30 mins! Quicker transport would be from DTD to BW, BC or YC then walk via International Gateway but I still think it would take too long.

Me DH DD(20) DD(15)
karriemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I would also be concerned with the time. Maybe you could take a taxi to Epcot? That would save some time. But you still have to get through the gate at Epcot and get back to Norway in World Showcase - that is not a short walk.

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
taymaesmom
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure you'll make it, it can take 45 mins at BBB and then you need to get there. On transportation, there are several "better" options. Take a taxi probably the best. 2nd would be to take a bus to the Beach/Yacht Club and then walk/boat to Epcots International Gateway. Or take a bus to one of the monorail resorts and then take the monorail to Epcot but you would have to switch monorails.
taymaesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
karriemouse
Official Disney Cruise Addict

Location: Manchester, UK or Windsor Hills, Orlando or on a plane between the two!

Thinking more about it the quickest option may be to get a taxi from DTD to the Beach Club then walk via International Gateway. If BBB were running to time and if there were no hold ups and you were fast walkers you may make it but it would feel too tight for me.

Can you reschedule to give more of a gap?

Me DH DD(20) DD(15)
karriemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Definitely not enough time .Even if your appt was exactly on time ( often it isn't) and all went well you would still be cutting it way too close
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

I have to agree, not enough time. A taxi would be fastest but even that is cutting it close, nothing seems to go exact minute for minute. Good Luck!!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's enough time. Also, from DTD I would take a bus to the beach club and then walk in to Epcot through the international gateway. You'll have to loop around world showcase a bit but it cuts down on one bus
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
DisneyAllison
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your replies. I am so torn. We were supposed to be in Disney right now, but had to reschedule due to stomach bug...ugh!! We rescheduled for Memorial Day week, so I have been scrambling like crazy trying to RE-book all of the ADR's. We lost CRT and 1900 Park Fare. The ONLY "princess" availability all week we could find was the 11:05 Storybook Breakfast. I thought it would be so neat for her to be "all made up" to eat with the princeses, but now I am not sure it will work.

Does anyone have any creative suggestions? I still want her to get to do BBB. I just wish we could find another princess meal at a little later time...

Early Family Trips:

Onsite: Honeymoon 2001 (Contemporary); 2002 (Carribbean Beach , Polynesian, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, All Star Movies); 2007 (Wilderness Lodge);2009 (Wilderness Lodge); 2011 (Wilderness Lodge)

Old 05-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
luvpooh
oh bother!

just keep calling back for a different ADR, even up until the day before (CRT requires 24 hrs notice I believe); I just got a Boma reservation for that week that I had not been able to get before now.
I do agree with everyone else, it isn't enough time
Good luck!
luvpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
Brer Shay
compulsive Disney planner

Do you already have a dress for her? Would you be able to do her hair up in some special way? I wanted to do BBB then a princess meal, but couldn't get the timing to work either. I already have a fantastic Cinderella dress for her and I went to the Dollar store and got a special thing for her hair and glitter make-up. I'll do it myself, save the $$ and I don't think she'll really even know the difference? Is that an option for you?

ITA with other posters, there won't be enough time, even with a taxi.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
DisneyAllison
Mouseketeer

OK - I think I have solved the problem (hopefully)!! I was able to get an 8:30 appointment at the BBB in Magic Kingdom at 8:30. We are doing, hair, make-up, and nails only & bringing our own dress. The Storybook breakfast is at 11:05 in Epcot. I was thinking of catching the monorail.

Do you think this will work better?

Early Family Trips:

Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
DisneyWorldbuff
Where the Buffalo roam

That should work out much better. Take the monorail from MK to the TTC and transfer over to the Epcot monorail. Have fun! Hope she enjoys her Princess time! They're only young once...
DisneyWorldbuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: