Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #1456
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I was away in NJ for almost a month, doing what I could for my niece who had major surgery. Fortunately I felt fairly decent while I was there and I felt good to be able to help her out.

Also I've been bogged down (you know, very limited brain capacity these days ) getting everything ready for our cruise in 3 weeks. I'll be so happy once we're stepping foot on the ship. Between now and then, all of the details and logistics of travel are on me.

I've been thinking about all of you. I'm sorry that I can't comment individually right now. But I have peeked in on the thread during the last few weeks. I will try and give proper replies to all of you this week. I fell down today (splat!) and I have a feeling that it's going to hurt worse tomorrow. I landed hard on both knees so that is just going to add to my overall pain. blah. Par for the course, right? lol

Anyway, I will finish reading this thread and start to reply. *HUGS* everyone!!!
Sorry about the Fall! Take a really long shower

Soo freeked by the cruise date Not done shopping yet. our budget is waitning on a big check which always stresses me and I have to be done in two weeks so I can do my two weeks down time. I'm off my meds which of course is making things worse but I know it will pay of in the end. The stress of the last year has made losing weight totally impossible however I'm hoping to give it a good go these last 3 weeks. DH is finally back. His BP way down this am for first time in 3 years and he is slowly helping so I'm no longer a solo parent. I keep telling myself that stressing over the trip is GOOD STRESS but my poor fibro body isnt listening

Lots of pain free vibes and pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #1457
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,233

Oh Tiggspring... I'm nowhere near ready for our cruise. My newborn DGS has had health issues...my new foal as well. I also had hand surgery last week!

Hopefully, everyone is on the mend and all will work out.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #1458
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

OMG Seaspray, I hope you are ok...

Everything will fall into place for the cruise, somehow it just does. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest! And have some painfree moments.

tiggspring: So glad you hear you are getting some help, and wishing some painfree moments for you also.


Last Thursday I had my ENTIRE day at the memory clinic. HORRIBLE, in a nutshell. I cried like a baby, and felt utterly stupid at most times. I came home and napped for 2 hours, and slept 11 hours that night. I think it was the most work and thinking I have had to do in years, and it did me in.

I filed with the Government for unjust dismissal. What have I got to lose? Nothing, as I have no job anyhow.

THe weather and sun have peeked out this weekend after tons of rain, and I have been sitting enjoying it. I always feel better and happier in the sun...

__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #1459
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
.


Last Thursday I had my ENTIRE day at the memory clinic. HORRIBLE, in a nutshell. I cried like a baby, and felt utterly stupid at most times. I came home and napped for 2 hours, and slept 11 hours that night. I think it was the most work and thinking I have had to do in years, and it did me in.

I filed with the Government for unjust dismissal. What have I got to lose? Nothing, as I have no job anyhow.

THe weather and sun have peeked out this weekend after tons of rain, and I have been sitting enjoying it. I always feel better and happier in the sun...

TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #1460
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I was away in NJ for almost a month, doing what I could for my niece who had major surgery. Fortunately I felt fairly decent while I was there and I felt good to be able to help her out.

Also I've been bogged down (you know, very limited brain capacity these days ) getting everything ready for our cruise in 3 weeks. I'll be so happy once we're stepping foot on the ship. Between now and then, all of the details and logistics of travel are on me.

I've been thinking about all of you. I'm sorry that I can't comment individually right now. But I have peeked in on the thread during the last few weeks. I will try and give proper replies to all of you this week. I fell down today (splat!) and I have a feeling that it's going to hurt worse tomorrow. I landed hard on both knees so that is just going to add to my overall pain. blah. Par for the course, right? lol

Anyway, I will finish reading this thread and start to reply. *HUGS* everyone!!!
& now, that about covers it.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #1461
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Tsnell, Mommasita, and Seaspray:

I hope you all get ready for your trips. Take it easy and rest up. Pixie dust that you all feel better and get everything done in time, but don't overdo it.

Take care.
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #1462
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Well guys its official........ DH passed!!


He is now a Phd candidate so on to the qualifiers and dissertation!

I'm exhasted and completely brain dead. Dr visitis, shopping for cruise, worrying about money for trip that has not come in yet are all really taking a toll on my brain. Cant keep a clear thought in my head Not to mention I cant lose weight when stressed so not the 20lbs lighter I had hoped to be for the cruise. Anyone else notice that even if you diat when feeling really stressed you still dont lose weight? So much for it all being the calories we intake.

Any way you will either see me alot as I go stir crazy on partia bed rest or not at all as I sleep my way throught the 10 days or so of down time to prep for our trip. We are either leaving memorial day wekend for US and seaworld then cruise or mid week for Seaworld then cruise. I have two hotels booked until we know for sure how much cash we have. Money is there but might not come in in time to go. I'm trying to be positive because some things are comming in before I expected and are more income to boot but still need late invoice to go to US. Such is the life of a small business owner.

BTW

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

My dear kids made me breakfast in bed and in no time flat my bouncing DD7 bounded on the bed and spilled my tea

Pain free vibes and pixie dust
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #1463
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Well guys its official........ DH passed!!


He is now a Phd candidate so on to the qualifiers and dissertation!

I'm exhasted and completely brain dead. Dr visitis, shopping for cruise, worrying about money for trip that has not come in yet are all really taking a toll on my brain. Cant keep a clear thought in my head Not to mention I cant lose weight when stressed so not the 20lbs lighter I had hoped to be for the cruise. Anyone else notice that even if you diat when feeling really stressed you still dont lose weight? So much for it all being the calories we intake.

Any way you will either see me alot as I go stir crazy on partia bed rest or not at all as I sleep my way throught the 10 days or so of down time to prep for our trip. We are either leaving memorial day wekend for US and seaworld then cruise or mid week for Seaworld then cruise. I have two hotels booked until we know for sure how much cash we have. Money is there but might not come in in time to go. I'm trying to be positive because some things are comming in before I expected and are more income to boot but still need late invoice to go to US. Such is the life of a small business owner.

BTW

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

My dear kids made me breakfast in bed and in no time flat my bouncing DD7 bounded on the bed and spilled my tea

Pain free vibes and pixie dust
Congrats Tigg to you and hubby, it's been a long haul for you both!!!!! Time to breathe. I hope everything works out for you money wise. SOmehow, it will all work out. I hope you get everything done in time, I know we don't always feel like we don't get everything done before we leave and it's overwhelming, but soon you will just be able to breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1464
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo
 
onnawufei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Well guys its official........ DH passed!!


He is now a Phd candidate so on to the qualifiers and dissertation!
WOOOOOOO! Congratulations!

I'm having a bit of a "huh?" moment, since Sunday morning I woke up and my ankle was hurting like crazy. I hadn't twisted it, it felt fine when I went to bed Saturday night, but by the time I woke up it hurt to move it... forward and backward? Up and down? Eh, the way that isn't side to side. Today I wore an ankle brace to work and ended up leaving early because my body decided this was a fabulous time for a flare. I've been on the couch for the past five hours or so, but I was just getting way too bored. Anyway, hopefully I feel better tomorrow, and if my ankle doesn't stop hurting I'll end up making a doctor's appointment. (I hope I don't though. I need to shave and I'm not so sure if I could manage it. )

So yeah, my diet hits a snag again. I'm not spending too much time thinking on it though, no sense in getting grumbly over something I can't change at the moment.

Oh and we finally got another lizard. (The flying gecko we bought from a breeder didn't survive the trip. ) We ended up deciding on a crested gecko since that's what Ferb is and we named him (wait for it...) Phineas. Though we came very close to naming him Major Monogram.
__________________
Married at SoG Halloween 2008
Honeymooned at AKL November 2008
Vacationed at POFQ December 2009
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #1465
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnawufei View Post
WOOOOOOO! Congratulations!

I'm having a bit of a "huh?" moment, since Sunday morning I woke up and my ankle was hurting like crazy. I hadn't twisted it, it felt fine when I went to bed Saturday night, but by the time I woke up it hurt to move it... forward and backward? Up and down? Eh, the way that isn't side to side. Today I wore an ankle brace to work and ended up leaving early because my body decided this was a fabulous time for a flare. I've been on the couch for the past five hours or so, but I was just getting way too bored. Anyway, hopefully I feel better tomorrow, and if my ankle doesn't stop hurting I'll end up making a doctor's appointment. (I hope I don't though. I need to shave and I'm not so sure if I could manage it. )

So yeah, my diet hits a snag again. I'm not spending too much time thinking on it though, no sense in getting grumbly over something I can't change at the moment.

Oh and we finally got another lizard. (The flying gecko we bought from a breeder didn't survive the trip. ) We ended up deciding on a crested gecko since that's what Ferb is and we named him (wait for it...) Phineas. Though we came very close to naming him Major Monogram.
How are you feeling now? Dont you love these weird pains? I have one on the base on my neck on the C1 didnt do anything to it but hurts quite a bit when touched. DH says it looks a bit swollen.. Oh well one more thing to ignore.

Glad you got a new gecko what a cute name

Thanks guys for all the congrats. Dont think it has really hit us that its done. DH already picking up alot of the slack as he feared our trip was about to go CRASH if you know what I mean. I've been having a great deal of trouble staying stable. I've stopped making lunches in am as it is to much planning and the early am's are killing me. DH has picked up scouts and managing half the issues with the kids. I forgot just how nice it was to have a teamate when dealing with the kids aguments etc. I was really acting as a single parent even when he was here since he was always at his desk doing something. I had no idea how hard that was until I stopped. Anyway taking a break today got 80 pect of my packing done yesterday Rest today then shop for odds and ends tomorrow, thow them in the bags and I will be done! Then my 10 days of downtime (although I do have one field trip to supervise) Still dont know how long we are going for since we are still waiting on checks I have til next wed to cancel so there is time and DH called client and it should be here in time. We will see. A seaworld/cruise vaca is nothing to sneeze at. More than I could have dreamed when I booked two years ago. I would just like to get US off our list of things to do as a family before my oldest turns 18. If we head back to FLA I want it to be for my 20th and a small renewal of vows. In the next 5 years I would like to fit in a cross country trip in a pop up like I did as a kid only see the grand canyon or yellowstone both of which my family did their second trip. I would also like to get to hawii or alaska. SO with two big trips I'm not sure we will make it back down to FL for US if we dont go this time. Our WDW trip for DD dance the magic might be our last trip to WDW too. Although if DH business take off the sky is the limit

Well blabbered enough. Hope you are all doing well. You will either see me here more as I'm bored out of my mind resting in bed or with feet up or not at all ifI find myself sleeping til the trip comes. Either way I learned my lesson last time. I have to really rest up.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #1466
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Pixie dust please!!! I have until tusday am to get my husbands busness check in or we cancel the frist part of our trip. We will have a fantistic time either way but would really like to pull off the vaca I planned or two years. Here's hoping universal is in the cards for SUNDAY!!!!!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #1467
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Pixie dust please!!! I have until tusday am to get my husbands busness check in or we cancel the frist part of our trip. We will have a fantistic time either way but would really like to pull off the vaca I planned or two years. Here's hoping universal is in the cards for SUNDAY!!!!!
Ok so I know this is kinda last minute - BUT what happened????? Did you get the cheque you needed in time. Are you going to universal???????

I hope everything worked out for you, ixiedust:
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #1468
singjenn
Let's go to Disney!
 
singjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 455

Hey everyone! This is a super long thread so I didn't read all of the posts

I have been on this board for a while but never knew this thread existed!

I'm 34 and I also have fibromyalgia. It stinks. I hate it.

I was diagnosed when I was 15 and re-diagnosed when I was 23.

I have tried two of the three meds.

Lyrica is the more recent one I have tried and it didn't do much for me. I started taking another one right before Christmas (begins with S, forgot what it was called). It made me very sick so I topped taking it. I also didn't like having to take it twice a day.

I kind of got used to the pain so I really don't know remember what it's like to be pain free.

I guess that's pretty much my general story. Thanks for letting me share
__________________
Yes, I am a Princess
My Father is the King of Kings! John 1:12

Off site 1982, 1996, Feb 2011, Oct/Nov 2011, July 2012
ASMu 2000 *Disneymoon*
May 09 POR
Desert Palms {Disneyland} Sept 2013
{WDW Marathon Weekend} Pop Century Jan 2014
Oct 2013 ASMo
Sept 2014 ASMu
singjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #1469
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Pixie dust and prayers ;)

Hey everyone,

I am asking that you all send out a prayer or two and a lot of really positive thoughts and healing thoughts for my chloe. She is very sick. She is still fighting her infection and it is affecting her liver. She is still here, but the next little while is critical. I am hoping and praying that she can fight this and return to us being her usual mischeivious self!! She is only 16 months old She can still come out of this, she just needs to turn that corner. Please pray for her. Thank you.
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #1470
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive
 
EDuke98080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts
Posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
Hey everyone,

I am asking that you all send out a prayer or two and a lot of really positive thoughts and healing thoughts for my chloe. She is very sick. She is still fighting her infection and it is affecting her liver. She is still here, but the next little while is critical. I am hoping and praying that she can fight this and return to us being her usual mischeivious self!! She is only 16 months old She can still come out of this, she just needs to turn that corner. Please pray for her. Thank you.
Prayer for Chloe and for you too Bright
__________________


Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 07:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 09:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 07:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 11:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: