Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #1426
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulaqueen27 View Post
Hi All, I am still around. Just busy planning my October trip!

So, what a few weeks it has been. Over the winter, I have found that I was feeling worse and worse. The medication I was on (amitriptyline) just wasn't doing it and my insomnia got worse. Consequently, the pain got worse. Then my heart started racing. This used to happen from time to time but it was constant. I finally get in to see the Dr, and my pulse was 140!!! Had to go for an emergency ECG and my doctor took me off the meds cold turkey (that has been another challenge, I feel like poopie). I guess it is a rare side effect of the meds after taking them awhile.

Anyhow he puts me on beta blockers which slows down the heart, but makes you MORE tired and now nauseous. So I am sleeping in till noonish and still not feel rested. I have an appointment this tues so I hope he takes me off the blockers and on something else. He suggested Lyrica and I am covered with my insurance.

All this is happening while I plan my trip! Was going to stay onsite, but we found a darling condo cheaper per night than a mod! It is also good as I will need my space for resting. The private lounge pool doesn't hurt either.

So, here is my question. I was diagnosed after my last trip so other than the after park soreness, I was ok. Do you all have any tips in surviving the parks? Thanks again.
SOrry to hear you are having difficulty on your meds. I too, had a high pulse due to meds. I had to get my heart checked due to it. But Lyrica really was a lifesaver for me. Felt better almost instantly.

In the parks, I walked slow, rested when I needed to and went home when I needed to. Had a long, long, hot, hot shower when I got back home at night and one before I left in the morning.

My biggest tip would be I carried nothing if that is possible. No bag. I had everything I needed in my camera bag or my pockets. I carried my camera bag around my neck, and in there I carried only my lip balm, my key to the world card, a few advil migraines and a few tylenol, a few candies cause my mouth is always dry, and a small travel bottle of sunscreen. With my hands free, it made walking alot better. MY camera bag was a small one with an extra compartment at front I guess for batteries, etc. I carried one water bottle with me on a mickey carbineer?? you know those little clip things, I got it in the park. this was attached to my hip. My son carried his water bottle and that is all we brought with us.

I also had a pair of sport flip flops which had a huge gel cushy sole and a pair of good sneakers. I alternated wearing these each day. I love my flip flops but my feet need the sneakers. I also sprayed deoderant on the bottoms of my feet so they wouldn't sweat and cause blisters.

I left Mickey's Very Merry christmas Party after two hours because my feet and body said that was enough for me. Thank God my DS understood. We never went commando, but picked a few rides for sure that we wanted to do each day and after that the rest was gravy. No plan really - just chose what we wanted to do and did it, and if we went home early we went home. No biggie, then my DS just swam in the resort pool. We are night owls so getting up early didn't always happen either. We missed an early morning adr cause we totally didn't hear the wake up call. So I just called reservations and got another adr for lunch.

That's about all I can think of really for my second trip which was much more difficult than the first. I just really had to go with the flow and listen to my body. I had a huge flair when I came home, but it was worth it. I also either had food poisoning while I was there, or had a serious case of a tummy bug, but was confined to the room for about 48 hours when I could eat nothing and not be far from the washroom. So my son and I just watched all kinds of tv. He discovered Jerry Springer

Hope this helps a little. Feel better soon.
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #1427
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
In my op of how to survive the parks I stressed staying on monorail if possible. The condo for so many reason will be great especially since the monorail is down 7hrs a day for who knows how long due to the construction. Construction and fibro mmmmmm


As my gradma used to say "I'm too pooped to pop" that about sums me up.


If you dont mind I'd like some major pixie dust from you all the next 5 weeks!!!!!

DH is having a hell of a time with one of his proffs. They could literally keep him from graduating. To me it seems like personality/ego stuff so how do you fight that and still get a good grade This is not his best subject so we're not looking for A's just to pass which is an 80 in phd. Thing is my dh has had ALOT of education and never got less than a b+. He started out in religious studies. After three years and some disalusionment with the faithful, he switched to law and psycholgy getting a's. Lsats were a problem and in his humble opinion not worth the trouble so he decided to stick with psych and get a BA in business as backup. If he had taken another semester he would have had 4 degrees bus, psych, history and phylosopy (transfered religious classes to state school) He then got his Masters in social work. He had gotten good grades for 2 yrs in his phd until this proff (two classes in the same type of class). Thats 9 yrs of education without one problem that he couldnt work through and now we are supposed to believe he is too incompitent/lazy to pull a b in this class. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT! My DH is a wreck. in his heart he knows its not him but yet he is still blaming himself. our whole future and our childrens entire college education rests in the hands of a very difficult person. We have a plan to move forward and he plans on meeting the Proff. He has done something very kind for this proff (because he believes in doing the right thing if even for a difficult person)so hopefully that will help. There is really no reason for it to be like this even if he was ligitamately stuggling there a things proffs can do to help students. We know this because my DH has been teaching for 8 yrs at the gradate level. He has mentored many a student that was a good student but having difficulty for one reason or another. Good students can learn difficult subjects with a little guidance. Hopefully the Proff will mentor my DH and not let personality get in the way. I realize for proffs having fully adult students can feel intimidating compaired to young upstarts. But they are all really accomplished adults so shouldnt they be past this kind of thing?

Ok vent over. So stressed I can bearly stand it but gotta hold on 5 weeks and believe it will all be ok.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all
Tigg, so sorry you and DH are going through all this. I will for sure send pixie dust your way and hope that you get through this. Let us know how it goes and I am sure your DH will find a way to get through this. I had a difficult prof too, and I was so angered and upset but then I just ignored him (his bad attitude and decided I wasn't going to let a jerk get in the way of my learning) and somehow he got over his attitude. I still had resentement for him but did not let it show. Uggg, what a mess for your DH to be in.
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #1428
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,936
DISboards Moderator

tiggspring That sounds awful. I hope it all works out for your family. He has come so far and worked so hard. You have all the pixie dust in the world, and then some
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #1429
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
Tigg, so sorry you and DH are going through all this. I will for sure send pixie dust your way and hope that you get through this. Let us know how it goes and I am sure your DH will find a way to get through this. : I had a difficult prof too, and I was so angered and upset but then I just ignored him (his bad attitude and decided I wasn't going to let a jerk get in the way of my learning) and somehow he got over his attitude. I still had resentement for him but did not let it show. Uggg, what a mess for your DH to be in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
tiggspring That sounds awful. I hope it all works out for your family. He has come so far and worked so hard. You have all the pixie dust in the world, and then some :

Thanks guys Keep that pixie dust flowing it seems to be working!!

Warning this is long..didnt realize how uch I needed to vent or how lonely I was til I started writing

I totally freeked after my last post because I finally saw proff comments and there were so many it was overwhelming. I tried to be supportive by not saying anything as DH was sooooo stressed. Not sleeping and all sorts of physical aches pains from stress.

Then DH saw his Teaching Asst. and learned he was smack dab in middle of class. OMG I cant imagine what some of the others got returned Classmates not even emailing each other anymore they are so stressed. He also learned that he understood the material fine but did not know the "rules" of how to present it. Since he didnt follow the rules most everything was wrong Proff thinks they should already know these "rules" so doesnt teach them or comments on them in a fashon that you can decern they are important. In short its a completly different kind of writing which no one outside the elite circles uses or knows. DH met with Proff too and it was a good meeting because he finally knew what to ask. Ask the right questions and you get better answers. Thank God for the TA! DH still very stressed but feels he can pull a B since he already submited his 2nd of 4 papers before he knew the secret, he doubts he can do better. At this point a passing grade of B will feel like an A+

Stress causing me to flare and forget about losing weight My DD13 has chosen now as the time to act up and I may need to pull her class trip which is making me soooo sad. But when you tell a 13 yr old that you might not let them go and you get REALLY MOM...REALY? in that tone of your not going to do that, you are pushed to do it We needed new tires on van so now we are financially really close to scaling back our vaca and nixing universal stuios. I've got a plan to keep it in here's hoping it works

I'm hoping to get back on track monday and lose 10 of the 30 lbs I wanted to lose by June. Things are getting better. I think we are just tired of this long journey. which has become unecessarily hard for DH and his classmates.

I know many of you are dealling with serious flares and ill family members so we are lucky. The problems that we have will end in 5 weeks and the worst we are looking at is a scaled back Dream vaction. Thats really not a problem is it? Just tired and wish I had the capasity to cope the way I did pre Fibro. You are all in my thoughts.

Sending Pain free vibes and Pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:58 PM   #1430
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Well as you can see I'm still awake

I feeling much better though. Spent some time on youtube looking at Dream tours and aquaduck rides Put my issues in perspective. My FE thread is about to close and taking to all these DREMAING Dis'er isd really getting me excited. We have a plane to meet at a great spot for the Bon voyage party and it will even land us on a web cam from shore that a member knew about and is copying...soooo cool
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #1431
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

ummmm ment to say plan to meet not plane to meet

I know the ship is HUGE but really dont want a plane landing on deck
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #1432
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,936
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Well as you can see I'm still awake

I feeling much better though. Spent some time on youtube looking at Dream tours and aquaduck rides Put my issues in perspective. My FE thread is about to close and taking to all these DREMAING Dis'er isd really getting me excited. We have a plane to meet at a great spot for the Bon voyage party and it will even land us on a web cam from shore that a member knew about and is copying...soooo cool
I didn't know which message to quote, so I went with this one.

I am glad things seems a little better, and am sure he will pull of a passing grade. I hear you LOUD and clear, as my DD will be 13 this month , and you are right, as hard as it is, we have to go through with it (i'm HORRIBLE at that though )or they realize so quickly what they get away with.

I'm sorry you are going through such a rough patch. I hope the sun comes out for you and things start to go smoother...It seems when it rains it pours, but it has to stop at some point..

Sending more pixie dust
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #1433
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,936
DISboards Moderator

HI everyone.

I have been having a lousy time of it. Just lousy. I don't think I was the feel sorry for me kind, but I AM NOW. Just so much with losing the job, and thinking I was feeling better and at least find a part time something. Now I wonder how I could do it. Although $ wise, we NEED to do it.

Well for about 2 weeks I can hardly walk, the pain is incredible, and if I do, I pay for it for DAYS. I can't remember my own cell phone number, where I parked the car, etc, etc. It gets worse, and it just is really getting me down. I have a 7 hour memory day in May, and I am scared. THere I said it, I am scared. Sorry about all this, I guess I just need to vent. I am scared as each day I am losing more memory. The SIMPLIEST easiest of things. If I told you all, Id be afraid you would think i am crazy. It is been rough.

Well, enough of me. I wonder how you are all doing so very often. Love and gentle hugs to you my friends
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #1434
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
HI everyone.

I have been having a lousy time of it. Just lousy. I don't think I was the feel sorry for me kind, but I AM NOW. Just so much with losing the job, and thinking I was feeling better and at least find a part time something. Now I wonder how I could do it. Although $ wise, we NEED to do it.

Well for about 2 weeks I can hardly walk, the pain is incredible, and if I do, I pay for it for DAYS. I can't remember my own cell phone number, where I parked the car, etc, etc. It gets worse, and it just is really getting me down. I have a 7 hour memory day in May, and I am scared. THere I said it, I am scared. Sorry about all this, I guess I just need to vent. I am scared as each day I am losing more memory. The SIMPLIEST easiest of things. If I told you all, Id be afraid you would think i am crazy. It is been rough.

Well, enough of me. I wonder how you are all doing so very often. Love and gentle hugs to you my friends
Fellow crazy here

I feel your pain my memory has been HORRIBLE My ds has switched from cub scouts to boy scouts. His activitiy leve has quardrupled! Two weeks ago I spent two hours in a church parking lot watching the boys and hanging with my daughters when I realized a parent had mentioned a parent meeting when she dropped off her son. Took me an hour to realize I was missing the meeting and when I tried to go I couldnt get in. I got very upset and had a hard time not crying. My dd13 couldnt understand why. I tried to explain that I used to work two jobs and take msw classes without using a planner much if at all. now I cant even manage a 10 year old boys scout schedule Tonight I talk to one of the leaders re my helping with badges. I just cant do it. With cubscouts I could it was basic and no pressure. Bscouts has a time limit for completing badges and it very specific. I will mess it up and some scout will lose a badge maybe even one vital for eagle scout. I cant do that so now I have to walk in to somone I just met and admit just how dumb my fibro brain has gotten. Oh and last night I realized my DD7 girls scout trip is friday not next week spent night trying to find somewhere for my ds to go while my DH travels back from cleaveland. uggg.

You are definatley not alone. It may be time to admit learning a new job is not realistic. Its bad enough managing the pain, fatigue for a job. New bosses dont like to accomodate for these things and without accrued sick time many fire for a day out. Add memory issues and well its tough. You are on dissability right? You can work part time and collect but I would suggest focusing on a job you could do from home and learning new ways to save. I look at that as my job. Up to $5600 on food and gas not to mention clothes etc I'm probably at 9000 this year. I would have to work 17hrs a week at my old job (taking out taxes) to earn that much. If
I'm thrown by and extra 3hrs of scouts how on earth could I work even 17 hrs forget 20 or 40. Look at all the costs of working. taxes, meals out when too tired or out late, commuting cost, clothing costs, money you can spend time saving if you felt a bit better and medical expenses during those crashes. Beside being the right thing for your body it might be the best thing for your budget. Also remember that disability is tired to your income. If you have to take a lesser job and then on top not work very much you may significantly decrease your benifits. That happened to me. I took a 20pect pay cut trying to manage my fibro that really hurt when I went out on ssi.

Things to think about.

stinks all the way around. You have every right to be upset.

Pain free vibes and pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #1435
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo
 
onnawufei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 491

Augh! I feel so bad, I keep introducing myself and then falling off the face of the earth. But things change so easily, I feel like I have to introduce myself all over again. I'll try not to disappear this time!

I think I'd recently started Lyrica the last time I posted, and I'm still doing pretty well on it. Honestly things haven't been too bad overall. On most days I'd say I'm a 2 or 3 on a pain scale of 1 - 10, which I consider to be not too bad. I have my bad days (today was one of them) and I have both 50mg and 100mg tramadol for those days. I'm using an iPhone app to track my pain levels, and since February I've only had one "I AM MADE OF HURT, KILL ME NOOOOOOW!" day.

Since being diagnosed my doctor has been telling me to exercise, and it only took me three years or so to actually listen. I started dieting and exercising a month and a half ago and I've lost 11 pounds (I gained a fair bit after getting on Lyrica), but I'm not sure if my fibro feels any better. At the very least I'll look better in my Disney pictures, and I can tell the doctor that yes, I am exercising. I even bought a fitbit, which is awesome since besides tracking my activity it tracks my sleep too. Man, I wake up a lot during the night!

Our next Disney trip is this October. Both the hubs and I love Halloween at Disney, and since we got married on Halloween at Disney it seems pretty fitting. Hopefully this year I'll be able to handle all the walking/standing better. I hate that no matter how much I've exercised and how much stronger I've gotten, a bad fibro day sends that all out the window.

Okay, I'll stop babbling now.
__________________
Married at SoG Halloween 2008
Honeymooned at AKL November 2008
Vacationed at POFQ December 2009
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #1436
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnawufei View Post
Augh! I feel so bad, I keep introducing myself and then falling off the face of the earth. But things change so easily, I feel like I have to introduce myself all over again. I'll try not to disappear this time!

I think I'd recently started Lyrica the last time I posted, and I'm still doing pretty well on it. Honestly things haven't been too bad overall. On most days I'd say I'm a 2 or 3 on a pain scale of 1 - 10, which I consider to be not too bad. I have my bad days (today was one of them) and I have both 50mg and 100mg tramadol for those days. I'm using an iPhone app to track my pain levels, and since February I've only had one "I AM MADE OF HURT, KILL ME NOOOOOOW!" day.

Since being diagnosed my doctor has been telling me to exercise, and it only took me three years or so to actually listen. I started dieting and exercising a month and a half ago and I've lost 11 pounds (I gained a fair bit after getting on Lyrica), but I'm not sure if my fibro feels any better. At the very least I'll look better in my Disney pictures, and I can tell the doctor that yes, I am exercising. I even bought a fitbit, which is awesome since besides tracking my activity it tracks my sleep too. Man, I wake up a lot during the night!

Our next Disney trip is this October. Both the hubs and I love Halloween at Disney, and since we got married on Halloween at Disney it seems pretty fitting. Hopefully this year I'll be able to handle all the walking/standing better. I hate that no matter how much I've exercised and how much stronger I've gotten, a bad fibro day sends that all out the window.

Okay, I'll stop babbling now.
Congrats on the exersize!

I managed about 6 weeks enough to feel a real change in my strength then hit a fatigue patch and exersize was inducing migraines so I had to stop. longest run in many years though. I can fight through pain but when I'm falling asleep sitting up...well exersize is out.

Dont worry about poping in/out. This whole thread has gone quiet for a few months at a time then comes back to life. Its sad when it gets so quiet because I've come to really love hearing how everyone is doing rejoicing when you guys feel good and glad to offer support when it tough. At least I can help a bit here.
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #1437
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,936
DISboards Moderator

onnawufei. Congrats that is a great accomplishment..

Tiggs. I am on my work disability, and seeing as how they let me go, I have NO clue how longer this will be. I am worried because as it is monthly, she may call and say ok April was IT.. KWIM? She told me she would be in touch with me. I sit and I wait..

You are right though. I thought NO problem, I can do something, and I am soooo soooo down on myself. I mean I know it is not my fault, but I see it getting worse daily, and today I was lost on a road I have driven for 17 years. Not completely lost, but I didn't know if my house was left or right, and then all of a sudden I knew...... I am glad I have 2 upcoming appointments ...

I feel for you so much. I am sure you know that. I have been there and it is not an easy feeling. My DH is often gone for extended periods, and It falls on me, and well, that is great when I can, but not so much when it isn't.. Chin up..

I think this is the worst for me with the pain. The memory for sure. I seem to be hearing a lot of the same around here, on FB, and in my daily life..

WEll, busy 2 days. My youngest turns 13 tomorrow, so family supper to do, and then she is coming home with a bunch of friends Fri after school for pizza and movies, and some are sleeping over. DH works till midnight, and this used to be what I loved to do. Plan these parties, fix the house. Now, I am DREADING IT.... I can't let her know this, it is a special day.

Well I miss you all and send hugs and love.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #1438
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
onnawufei. Congrats that is a great accomplishment..

Tiggs. I am on my work disability, and seeing as how they let me go, I have NO clue how longer this will be. I am worried because as it is monthly, she may call and say ok April was IT.. KWIM? She told me she would be in touch with me. I sit and I wait..

You are right though. I thought NO problem, I can do something, and I am soooo soooo down on myself. I mean I know it is not my fault, but I see it getting worse daily, and today I was lost on a road I have driven for 17 years. Not completely lost, but I didn't know if my house was left or right, and then all of a sudden I knew...... I am glad I have 2 upcoming appointments ...

I feel for you so much. I am sure you know that. I have been there and it is not an easy feeling. My DH is often gone for extended periods, and It falls on me, and well, that is great when I can, but not so much when it isn't.. Chin up..

I think this is the worst for me with the pain. The memory for sure. I seem to be hearing a lot of the same around here, on FB, and in my daily life..

WEll, busy 2 days. My youngest turns 13 tomorrow, so family supper to do, and then she is coming home with a bunch of friends Fri after school for pizza and movies, and some are sleeping over. DH works till midnight, and this used to be what I loved to do. Plan these parties, fix the house. Now, I am DREADING IT.... I can't let her know this, it is a special day.

Well I miss you all and send hugs and love.
I'm sorry sorry it has gotten worse the past few weeks. I know how frightning the driving thing can be. the week that I left work for good dozen times I drove around a rotery about a dozen time trying to figure out where to turn off. Thing is I drove through that spot at least 2-4x daily for 7 years I stoped driving not long after that for more than 5 years. Between the memory stuff and the visual distortions I felt it was too dangerous. Drs always said it was ok but I thought that was crazy. The ggod news is it should get better if you dont do what I did which was put too much pressure on myself, not pace myself enough and most importantly letting the Dr's mess with me too much for too long. Thats what led to being bedridden 13 Dr and 20+ meds in two years. If you can ride out the bad times and not panic that it will kill you (felt that way sometimes) and that it will last forever (it wont) then you will bounce back to a more managable state. Its you bodies way of saying STOP you need to take car of yourself. In this case you are probably worrying too much about working which I know is not easy to let go of. I'm having same problem here with money issues and DH classes. I feel like crap and I know thats why just cant get a handle on it.

As far as disability IMHO you need to contact a lawyer. Insurance co and business need to do what is best for them and if they can find a way to sign away your rights they will. You may be just fine and not know it. When I went out on TDI for origonal injury that led to FMS my company tried to get me to work by offering a alternative job in the kitchen where patients couldnt hurt me. The catch was I was advised not to lift anything above 5lbs by Dr. and a industrial size can of fruit etc. weighs more than that. They tried to convince me they were on my side and helping. If I had done what they said I would have lost TDI because I would have violated DRs orders which would allow them to deem me fit to work. Luckily my DH who worked with me had warned me that they had done it before so I refused with a Drs note. They were a good company to work for but they had risk managers who's sole job was to figue out how to get out of claims. You need somone whos sole jobe is to care for you. You just might be worrying for nothing.

Enjoy your DD's party. I know the dread you feel and the guilt regarding the party. Felt the same way back in october when DD turned 7.

Hang in there it will get better

Pain free vibes pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #1439
brighteyes
DIS Veteran
 
brighteyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,141

Hi All again!! I have been reading but not posting. I have lots of changes some good and bad! But am off to work so will come back this evening and post!! I am sorry for all your pain and struggles. Pixie dust to you all. Although I don't come here often, I do think of you. Work is over for me in a couple of months. So maybe then Iwill be around more.

Stephanie
__________________


brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #1440
Corpsebride
DIS Veteran
 
Corpsebride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 776

Fibromyalgia helper....

a friend of mine has suffered from Fibromyalgia for years, and doctors have even told her its in her mind. She finally came across a nutritionist who suggested Astaxanthin . I guess it is amazing for inflammation. She also takes magnesium and Tonalin / CLA. She actually smiles now. She told me that she feels a lot lot better. I just came across this page and I thought you all who suffer so badly with this might want to know.
All the very best to you all!
__________________
We are Finally Married!!
October 31, 2010
Rose Court Garden/Sleeping Beauty Pavilion
Disneyland Hotel

(Our Disney's Fairytale Wedding Planner, Traci Banister, She is the BEST!!714~956-6726)
Our 4 Year Anniversary is right around the corner!
Corpsebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 06:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 08:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: