Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #796
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Tink,

Take care of yourself, baby yourself, you deserve it. Sending you pizie dust for a recovery asap!

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #797
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Bright, Mel, and EDuke, it's funny how alcohol and Fibro affect us all differently. I am mostly afraid of drinking with the meds.

Well my flair is still going full force. Not what I was hoping for. I doubled up on pain meds tonight and got a whole 2 hours of almost pain free delight!!

So I hope everyone is coping and doing well today, tonight, and for the rest of the week. Diane.
I hope you are feeling better soon. Wish there was a formula for "fixing" flairs, do what you need to for you and hopefully you will be back on track soon!

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #798
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 12-22-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #799
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Quote:
Thanks girls. What used to work for me, doesn't anymore. I am at a crossroads looking for a new direction. I used to be able to act normal during the afternoon and evening when everyone was home and then crash when they were gone. But the kids are home from school and I can't seem to find the way around it. I lay on the couch until noon. Then I start doing stuff, but by the time my husband gets home, he knows. He can see it in my eyes and from the way I walk.

Oh well, I guess I am more depressed than anything, because deep down inside I wish the kids were at school so I could get onto schedule.

So my deep pain is my worry. What do you all do for it? It is in every joint and every bone in my body now.
You are better than me, I don't even make it to the couch. I stay in bed until around 11 unless there is something pressing, then take my prilosec then half an hour later breakfast or lunch depending on my mood. After that I take my shower which can be exhausting in itsself sometimes. Get dressed and then maybe lie down for a bit. I try and take a walk everyday with my dog(s) which is usually short but at least a little exercise . After that I may go to work or do housework depending on the day. I usually feel best in the evening, morning is the most painful and why I get such a slow start. I actually get sick to my stomach if I have to rush around in the morning, I just can't do it. My kids know that this is my routine and as "wierd" as it is to the rest of the world it's what I need to do. For bad days, as horrible as it makes me feel mentally I may do little. I have realized that sometimes I just have to take it easy and have accepted that. I find the following things help me; a warm bath, do activity in short bursts and rest in between, do things at night, not be too hot or too cold, get enough sleep, tylenol, reduce stress, try to not let things bother me, try and do something physically active every day no matter how bad I feel.

Not sure if this helps at all but sometimes knowing that it's ok to just be and take care of yourself helps. When I am really bad, sticking to a schedule helps get me back on track as well. Oh and an ocasional meltdown which is not productive but unavoidable....

Feel better!

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #800
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks girls. What used to work for me, doesn't anymore. I am at a crossroads looking for a new direction. I used to be able to act normal during the afternoon and evening when everyone was home and then crash when they were gone. But the kids are home from school and I can't seem to find the way around it. I lay on the couch until noon. Then I start doing stuff, but by the time my husband gets home, he knows. He can see it in my eyes and from the way I walk.

Oh well, I guess I am more depressed than anything, because deep down inside I wish the kids were at school so I could get onto schedule.

So my deep pain is my worry. What do you all do for it? It is in every joint and every bone in my body now.
I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I know when I was at placement for school as soon as I walked in my boss knew from my eyes and my posture if I was in pain. There's no hiding it when it's that bad.

The only thing I do that gives me temp relief is heat, heat, and more heat. I have a heating pad on me constantly, I switch it from area to area, no 20 mins on 20 mins off here, just straight on for 20 hours. Then I have the hottest showers I can directing the water on my most painful parts. Jammies of course. Just lay on the couch with the heating pad and/or hot water bottle. I also have been known to buy those heat theracure things that you attach to your body that provide heat. They don't provide ALOT of heat but like I said the more heat the better. Meds don't work when I am in this much of a flair.

I have been known to do this ritual for up to two days when I am in a bad flare. I am wishing you a speedy recovery. HTH.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #801
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Hi Guys sorry it has been so long!! havent been much of a support since Disney I'm afraid

I've been doing better than last year at least my crash has been moderate and I have been able to get out of bed at least long enough to get kids to playground program etc. I have gained 18 lbs which sucks but not unexpected. I think the biggest help this year is DD5 finally sleeping like a big kid and sleeping past 7. My kids really like sleeping late so I've been getting up about 10am what a big difference this makes. My meds dont work agian so i'm out of luck there.

I'm a little bummed since I check the website on the XMRV research and the testing period is closed. Guess I was too far away to be considered for this study although they are still taking aps for future studies. For those of you who have joined since November a virus XMRV has been linked to FMS and CFIDS. Here is a link to the new institue devoted to studing this. http://www.wpinstitute.org

On Peeing I too have to pee all the time when I am resting. I atributed it to having 3 kids but I did some looking online since it is something we all share. The bladder is on the right side but in the frount. I sleep on my left side with rt arm leg hanging over a ton of pillows and off the side of the bed. my arm and foot cant take the presuure. well this means by big belly is pushing into all those pillows and pressing on my bladder. I do notice I need to go more when I am above 190lb like I am now so that might be why. what do you guys think?

Eduke: You described my summer to a T!!

Tink i'm so glad you had fun on your weekend out!!! I love that bookstore in German town. DH and I used to go to Columbus about 4 times a year during the 4 years we lived in Parkersburg WV. German town, COSI science musem, art musem and the Zoo are great. We always enjoyed the history museum just outside of town and the Jcpenny outlet is phenominal. If you ever get there they take all the packages that are returned and sell them there from there regoinal distribution center so they dont have to truck them all back to where they came from. Oh how I miss that outlet!

Bright hope all is well.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #802
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Hi all!!! I have been doing my Wii Fit since the 11th of this month. And doing the treadmill at my friends a few times for 20 mins (only did that a few times). The other day I went for a walk in my neighbourhood and went to my school's gym the other day and did 30 mins on the treadmill at 3 mph!! I was sweating like there's no tomorrow. But my muscles did not seize on me. And I walked a km the other night too!

But now I am having horrible pains in my hips!! They hurt so much. I have been trying to do a 17 mins stretching routine with the Wii Fit Yoga and Strength training which is helping with my walking. Does anyone have this problem, and know what I can do about it. I am trying to do at least 30 mins of excercise a day like Dr. Oz says. I don't want to stop because I DO feel better when I do it. The one day I did not do at least my stretching, I was in so much pain the next day and stiff!

I have lost 5 lbs since the 11th!!! I have been tracking my food and excercise on myfitnesspal.com and it is a wonderful site which helps me with my food intake. I have stopped my chip fetish and am now hooked on pickles!! And I have not had a Timmie's coffee in weeks!! That is probably why I lost weight.

Anyways, does anyone here walk for excercise and experience the hip pain?? Someone please tell me I don't have to stop and this will get better.

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #803
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
Hi all!!! I have been doing my Wii Fit since the 11th of this month. And doing the treadmill at my friends a few times for 20 mins (only did that a few times). The other day I went for a walk in my neighbourhood and went to my school's gym the other day and did 30 mins on the treadmill at 3 mph!! I was sweating like there's no tomorrow. But my muscles did not seize on me. And I walked a km the other night too!

But now I am having horrible pains in my hips!! They hurt so much. I have been trying to do a 17 mins stretching routine with the Wii Fit Yoga and Strength training which is helping with my walking. Does anyone have this problem, and know what I can do about it. I am trying to do at least 30 mins of excercise a day like Dr. Oz says. I don't want to stop because I DO feel better when I do it. The one day I did not do at least my stretching, I was in so much pain the next day and stiff!

I have lost 5 lbs since the 11th!!! I have been tracking my food and excercise on myfitnesspal.com and it is a wonderful site which helps me with my food intake. I have stopped my chip fetish and am now hooked on pickles!! And I have not had a Timmie's coffee in weeks!! That is probably why I lost weight.

Anyways, does anyone here walk for excercise and experience the hip pain?? Someone please tell me I don't have to stop and this will get better.

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!
Yep when I walk too much my right hip gives out and I drag my right leg a bit only thing that helps in bengay (preferably before) and ativan as a muscle relaxant.

Oh I love specialty iced coffee mmmmmm

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #804
Tinker'n'Fun

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 12-22-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #805
Tinker'n'Fun

Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #806
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Tigg and Tink,

I think I overdid it on the treadmill - went too fast. I have been doing lots of yoga stretches everyday for my hips, then I do the warrior pose (modified of course) and lunges.

I will try the other stretches though.

Tink: Since I have given up my xlarge triple triple at 1/8 th of the calories I can make my coffee here at home. Not as good but I can deal with it This is what I do every morning as I have my coffee

I just borrowed the Biggest Loser Cookbook from my friend and tried a wonderful recipe - cause I love my veggies.

Cauliflower or Brocolli 1 1/2 cups (I use 2 cups though)

1 tbspn extra virgin olive oil, 2 tspn of light parmesan cheese

salt pepper, dash of parsley , 1/4 tsp garlic powder

toss cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder together with veggies, drizzle with olive oil and toss again.

Coat a non-stick shallow baking pan with non stick spray and add veggie mix.
Bake at 400 for 20 or so min until crisp or tender however you like.

MMMMM

I am going swimming tomorrow instead of killing myself on the treadmill.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #807
Tinker'n'Fun

Old 07-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #808
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

I just ignore it, I don't look at me!! There are plenty others like me and I have to get over it if I want to swim, I like swimming, its good excercise and my DS and I can do it together.

I guess I don't care which is unusual for me. lol

I know I'm overweight and NOT being in a bathing suit doesn't exactly hide that fact. So might as well have fun!!

We didn't stay long though cause we were both tired and didn't pack enough food so we were starving and came home. But we got in free anyway so I didn't care as much.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #809
Copy_Pixie
Earning My Ears

Hello to my Fibro Friends!

I'm so sorry I have missed so many months on this board!

My life has been a bit out of control since I left my job in January. Six (long) months later, I don't regret what I had to do but I have been battling with more depression than I could imagine, which has only served to compound the Fibro effects.

In late March I had to go to court with my former employers, who even tried to subpoena my medical records to prove that there was nothing wrong with me and it had all been a lie. Thankfully, the judge denied their subpoena request, but I actually still lost the case (which was actually completely unrelated to my condition). I was basically called a giant liar, and though I know the truth about what happened that day, the stress of the entire situation has taken its toll on my health. The worst part is that I still have to be involved in another court case with them, as a witness for my friend who has a claim against the company with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. It's never ending it seems.

My regular doctor also recently discovered that I am, suddenly, extremely anemic. She doesn't seem overly concerned, as she did some testing to rule out GI bleeding, but I would still like to know what the cause is... anyone out there have anemia related to their Fibro?

I'm working retail again now, which is harder than I had imagined. I used to be in management at the retail level but had been working very infrequently at a store since I had been at my desk job. When I left that job I took whatever I could get, and while I like the retail environment, the stress to my body is becoming pretty taxing.

Well, enough for my lamenting! I need to get caught up on what has been going on with everyone here! I hope everyone has been as pain-free and happy as possible... sending lots of pixie dust to all and looking forward to catching up with all of you

Copy_Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #810
Tinker'n'Fun

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 12-22-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: