Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #226
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I am not worried, I am just saying, I fell into that waiting trap. Now it's not so much an issue. My focus is school and getting a better job that I love. And then if it happens, great, if not, great.

HA HA. I am not looking to get married, just a guy to go to Disney with!! Or move to Florida with me.

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #227
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
Yeah, I am not worried, I am just saying, I fell into that waiting trap. Now it's not so much an issue. My focus is school and getting a better job that I love. And then if it happens, great, if not, great.

HA HA. I am not looking to get married, just a guy to go to Disney with!! Or move to Florida with me.
Yep if he doesn't like Disney and staying up late throw him back!!
If you cant find something at Disney to love you must be a miserable person!

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #228
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Yep if he doesn't like Disney and staying up late throw him back!!
If you cant find something at Disney to love you must be a miserable person!
LOL You got that right for sure!! Oh and one more, you forgot -- he has to cook me dinner.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #229
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

LOL--I must have missed quite a few posts but I TOTALLY agree with the sentiment of the foregoing posts! He's not worth it if he can't love Disney!

As for me, I have been a busy girl and dealing with a flare on top of it. Of course, I guess I can't complain because my 'busy' is Disney related--was at Disneyland last Saturday for a puzzle/quest/scavenger hunt thingie. It was HOT (weather wise). But we had a lot of fun.

Now I'm double-packing--for this weekend--another trip to Disneyland with a few of my Dis Diva friends, and then the following week my Mom and I leave for WDW!!!!! We ship our luggage, so have to have it done and to Fed Ex by this Thursday!!!! So I am doing laundry and trying to figure out what to wear on both trips.

I am so lucky--I have great friends who are house/dog/cat-sitting for me while I'm gone. I am truly blessed--and try to remember that when I wake up in the a.m. in pain!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to catch up later!@

Cheryl

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #230
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
LOL--I must have missed quite a few posts but I TOTALLY agree with the sentiment of the foregoing posts! He's not worth it if he can't love Disney!

As for me, I have been a busy girl and dealing with a flare on top of it. Of course, I guess I can't complain because my 'busy' is Disney related--was at Disneyland last Saturday for a puzzle/quest/scavenger hunt thingie. It was HOT (weather wise). But we had a lot of fun.

Now I'm double-packing--for this weekend--another trip to Disneyland with a few of my Dis Diva friends, and then the following week my Mom and I leave for WDW!!!!! We ship our luggage, so have to have it done and to Fed Ex by this Thursday!!!! So I am doing laundry and trying to figure out what to wear on both trips.

I am so lucky--I have great friends who are house/dog/cat-sitting for me while I'm gone. I am truly blessed--and try to remember that when I wake up in the a.m. in pain!

Cheryl

I am coming to live with you so I can hide in your luggage.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #231
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

Cheryl
Will you adopt me??? PLEEEEZE!

Have a great time!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #232
tiggspring

SOOO tired the last few days. Droped kids off for school then straight to bed. Slept til 1pm!!!! Now I've been up since 4 am when my DD5 woke me up. Now can't stop thinking-worrying about things.

Sending pain free vibes,sleep and pixie dust to all!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #233
tiggspring

Sorry double posted from phone.figured out how to edit but not remove.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #234
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Quote:
SOOO tired the last few days. Droped kids off for school then straight to bed. Slept til 1pm!!!! Now I've been up since 4 am when my DD5 woke me up. Now can't stop thinking-worrying about things.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #235
Lachesis00

"Law & Order" fan

Subbing as my sister has Fibromyalgia. I like to keep up on new treatments and what people are doing.

Irish Twins 10 months apart...

Canon 40d-new / Canon 20d-old
Lachesis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #236
stampin_fool
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am so sorry and hope that you are feeling better really soon.

Just curious, is the time turn around a symptom of this? I have noticed that a lot of us have a hard time sleeping at night but could drop to sleep for hours during the morning and early afternoon. I haven't seen this on any info the docs have passed along but do find it rather funny that a lot of you are experiencing the same sleep patterns as I do.

Hoping everyone is having a pain free day!

Hugs to everyone!

Ronda
stampin_fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #237
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampin_fool View Post
I am so sorry and hope that you are feeling better really soon.

Just curious, is the time turn around a symptom of this? I have noticed that a lot of us have a hard time sleeping at night but could drop to sleep for hours during the morning and early afternoon. I haven't seen this on any info the docs have passed along but do find it rather funny that a lot of you are experiencing the same sleep patterns as I do.

Hoping everyone is having a pain free day!

Hugs to everyone!

Ronda
I have never heard it quoted that the turn around is, however, lack of quality sleep is definately. I think what happens is, eventually after so long without a good sleep during normal times, that eventually, our bodies just get so tired that we have to nap.

If I sit down for a min to rest, there comes a point in the day where my eyes just start shutting and I nap not always by choice, sometimes only for 10 mins though, but I fall into a deep enough sleep that I am apparantly talking in my sleep after about two mins. My son yells at me for it, cause he can't hear the tv.

I am trying tofight my way out of that sleep pattern of 3 - 12 from when my son was sick. My body wants to stay up till at least 3 or 4 am which makes it difficult to get thru school the next day. You would think the next night would be an earlier night but not so.

I really think there is something to this 3 am thing. I find that when I am about to experience a big flare, the sleep goes out the window, even with my meds.

Does anyone else find disturbance in their sleep before or during a flare?

BTW I handwrote 6 pages of my exam today and I aced it on 3 hours sleep!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #238
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope you can get some sleep soon. And I hope you can stop worrying- thinking about things too

Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #239
tiggspring

And I hope you can stop worrying- thinking about things too [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good thoughts and Hugs Bright eyes and ireland_nicole and Ronda . I am still so tired. Everyday this week went straight to bed when the kids got to school and slept all day. The kind of sleep where you try to wake yourself up and you just cant get your body to respond. For me I think it is my new Fibro-PMS thing. This has been happening on?off for the past two years when I'm out 7 -10 away from my cycle. I would rather deal with the pain. I can fight through the pain, how do you fight falling asleep sitting up? The last few days I cant even fight it from 8pm-3 am my prime awake time. Now my son is home with what looked like the flu. He has sll the symptoms but they are very mild. Maybe it is a 24hr bug. I hope so because he has a Boy Scout camping trip and I dont want him to miss it.

Rhonda I have seen this with everyone I know with FMS-CFIDS. Its like our bodies become nocturnal. I know I have mentioned this before but alzymers patients have sundown syndrome where they are much more active and symptoms worse from say 3pm to late morning. I wonder if a part of the brain that is misfiring with them is also involved in our nocturnal tendencies?:. I am still so tired. Everyday this week went straight to bed when the kids got to school and slept all day. The kind of sleep where you try to wake yourself up and you just cant get your body to respond. For me I think it is my new Fibro-PMS thing. This has been happening for the past two years when I'm out 7 -10 away from my cycle. I would rather deal with the pain. I can fight through the pain, how do you fight falling asleep sitting up? The last few days I cant even fight it from 8pm-3 am my prime awake time.

Bright eyes Congrats on the exam I know how you have been stressing about all that work.

ireland_nicole How are you holding up I know you were a little stressed out awhile back. The job hunt still on? How are your kids doing?

I was going to ask Cheryl how she is doing. We all know how she is doing since she is in WDW. She didnt even let Brighteyes hitch a ride in her luggage or adopt me in time to go. Thats a firend for ya

Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #240
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachesis00 View Post
Subbing as my sister has Fibromyalgia. I like to keep up on new treatments and what people are doing.
Rachel

If you look back several pages you will find information on some of the medications some of us are trying. A NPR link to a story they did linking a virus to the disease ( I plan to be tested my next Dr. visit) can be found on pg 13. A medication I had never heard about until a week ago pg 14. Posters results of sleep studies etc is mixed in with alot of stories and support so it may take some time to ferret it out. Don't hesitate to aks us anything everone here is GREAT

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: