Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #1861
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

Yeah for you laptop

That sounds like a wonderful alternative! It is so hard with families, school, work etc.. The dates aren't important iMHO, the great thing is you will all get together.. IT sounds wonderful

My results are that I have zero broken bones. My two rotator cuff tears are not improving, so now I am going to see an orthopedic surgeon. I was going to private pysio, and sadly enough my Dh's insurance isn't covering it.. Can't keep up 75$ three times a week.. Plus hearing it isn't improving would be to put good money into bad..

My week kinda sucked. I spent 24hrs in bed with a migraine. Thankfully it went away after major painkillers..Had to cancel my psch appt, but will go Monday instead..

Not much happening except we are renovating .. Building a room in the basement for my daughter. The next is our kitchen..

Sending gentle hugs all around
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #1862
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Yeah for you laptop

That sounds like a wonderful alternative! It is so hard with families, school, work etc.. The dates aren't important iMHO, the great thing is you will all get together.. IT sounds wonderful

My results are that I have zero broken bones. My two rotator cuff tears are not improving, so now I am going to see an orthopedic surgeon. I was going to private pysio, and sadly enough my Dh's insurance isn't covering it.. Can't keep up 75$ three times a week.. Plus hearing it isn't improving would be to put good money into bad..

My week kinda sucked. I spent 24hrs in bed with a migraine. Thankfully it went away after major painkillers..Had to cancel my psch appt, but will go Monday instead..

Not much happening except we are renovating .. Building a room in the basement for my daughter. The next is our kitchen..

Sending gentle hugs all around
Sorry to hear about your sucky week Hope this next one will be better for you

I go back to work next week and I am not excited AT ALL! I am still behind on paperwork from last year and my ADD has kept me from getting it done so now I have to rush rush rush. I know I am gonna get written up for this :/ Great way to start the new year. I gotta be more on top of everything this year!!! I really need this job. I don't know what I will do if I lose it but it's just so hard for me to stay on top of everything.

Much love and many gentle hugs to everyone!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #1863
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

I hope it goes better than anticipated rosanab1031

I know what you mean about staying on top of things. Do you have a smartphone? I "try" to get everything into that, so that it beeps to remind me a few times a day, on what I have to do.. I often forget though ..

__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #1864
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."
 
paintnolish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 5,808

Hi, all! Dropping by for any advice or support you can give. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but am seeing a rheumatologist. Here's my history:
Off and on left shoulder pain in starting 2012
Right hip pain starting end of 2012
Saw dr. in Jan, did blood work, everything normal except vit. D (12), also did X-rays, told me to do yoga
After more complaints, checked rf and ana: 74 and 1:160, sent to rheumatologist
Rheum did another test and said it wasn't RA; did bone scan: normal
Irregular heart beat discovered: echo fine, holter monitor showed 13% in PVC, avg. 84 bpm, but rate as high as 145! Cardiologist said my heart was fine and highs were normal
Pains in side: us of stomach, kidneys, and pancreas normal
Seeing a chiro because my main complaint is all over back pain: points of my spine hurt, the muscles in my lower back hurt, and I have a spot in the base of my skull that gets a burning pain; sometimes my ribs hurt when I inhale.
I regular dr. is sick of me; I see the rheum again at the end of this month for more blood work. I've always been a healthy person until this. I get depressed when I think that only a few minutes go by before I have a pain somewhere.
So, of you read this, thanks! What do you think?
__________________
The Latest and Greatest TR: The Family Truckster Heads to Wally World, 6/19-7/1/13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3129993
Quality over quantity: Unfished TR: Pop, Abraham Lincoln, and Talking to Strangers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #1865
mmbl
DIS Veteran
 
mmbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 727

I haven't been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but I have all the symptoms plus I've had neck surgery, knee surgery and I have RA which sometimes is awful, sometimes not. Bring ALL your meds, take your time and get a GAC. I have brought doctor's notes just in case needed - never asked for- because I 'look' healthy. Don't stress;that makes it worse.
__________________
Happy Travels! Maria
mmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #1866
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja
 
bellanotte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mousechusetts
Posts: 2,718

Hi all! Just got a diagnosis of fibro today! My doctor said he doesn't want to treat w medicine right now as I'm too young (25) to be on a bunch of drugs, so we're going to treat it holistically for a bit and see how that goes!
__________________
bellanotte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #1867
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."
 
paintnolish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 5,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Hi all! Just got a diagnosis of fibro today! My doctor said he doesn't want to treat w medicine right now as I'm too young (25) to be on a bunch of drugs, so we're going to treat it holistically for a bit and see how that goes!
What are you doing holistically? I just started seeing a chiro.
__________________
The Latest and Greatest TR: The Family Truckster Heads to Wally World, 6/19-7/1/13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3129993
Quality over quantity: Unfished TR: Pop, Abraham Lincoln, and Talking to Strangers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #1868
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja
 
bellanotte10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mousechusetts
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post

What are you doing holistically? I just started seeing a chiro.
He wants me to do acupuncture... But uh I'm terrified of needles haha so we'll see how that goes
__________________
bellanotte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #1869
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Hi, all! Dropping by for any advice or support you can give. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but am seeing a rheumatologist. Here's my history:
Off and on left shoulder pain in starting 2012
Right hip pain starting end of 2012
Saw dr. in Jan, did blood work, everything normal except vit. D (12), also did X-rays, told me to do yoga
After more complaints, checked rf and ana: 74 and 1:160, sent to rheumatologist
Rheum did another test and said it wasn't RA; did bone scan: normal
Irregular heart beat discovered: echo fine, holter monitor showed 13% in PVC, avg. 84 bpm, but rate as high as 145! Cardiologist said my heart was fine and highs were normal
Pains in side: us of stomach, kidneys, and pancreas normal
Seeing a chiro because my main complaint is all over back pain: points of my spine hurt, the muscles in my lower back hurt, and I have a spot in the base of my skull that gets a burning pain; sometimes my ribs hurt when I inhale.
I regular dr. is sick of me; I see the rheum again at the end of this month for more blood work. I've always been a healthy person until this. I get depressed when I think that only a few minutes go by before I have a pain somewhere.
So, of you read this, thanks! What do you think?

Hi, I have read all this. It is a lot going on, and I know how you feel.. I know about the depression as well. It is exhausting both pysically and mentally being in pain... I think the Rheumy is your best bet... Mine is a lifesaver, he is compassionate, and totally gets me every time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Hi all! Just got a diagnosis of fibro today! My doctor said he doesn't want to treat w medicine right now as I'm too young (25) to be on a bunch of drugs, so we're going to treat it holistically for a bit and see how that goes!
HI, sorry to hear your diagnosis, but sometimes it does seem like at least there is a name to our symptoms. Not sure if you feel the same way.. I can remember myself saying, "well, at least I am not crazy"..

That sounds like a good idea.. I will be 100% honest, and I realize we are all different. It has been over 8 years or more for me, and i have tried SOOO many different medications, and none have helped enough to stay on with the side effects, so maybe holistically is a good option..

LEt us know how it works for you
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #1870
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

Not much new on my horizon.. Lord only knows when I will hear from the surgeon.. My meds have been cut in 1/2, so I am not doing as much as I was due to pain...

Summer is moving along, and it has been a crappy one around here. However, the weekend looks nice, so I am hoping to lay outside in the sun and just get some Vitamin D..

Gentle hugs all around
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #1871
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
I hope it goes better than anticipated rosanab1031

I know what you mean about staying on top of things. Do you have a smartphone? I "try" to get everything into that, so that it beeps to remind me a few times a day, on what I have to do.. I often forget though ..

Thanks momma. Yeah I have a smartphone AND an iPad mini that I just got to help me stay on top of everything at work. Plus there are so many great apps offered through Apple specifically for speech therapists. I also bought myself a nice labeler to help keep things organized in my office Gonna try really hard to stay on top of things this year Turns out I actually did better than I thought last year as I was able to catch up on my paperwork fairly quickly. Yay!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #1872
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Hi all! Just got a diagnosis of fibro today! My doctor said he doesn't want to treat w medicine right now as I'm too young (25) to be on a bunch of drugs, so we're going to treat it holistically for a bit and see how that goes!
Like me! But I am 25 now and was diagnosed at 22 :/ It's not a fun club to be a part of but I feel this is a good place to find support. I moved to more holistic approach because I was tired if all the side effects of the meds. I take ibuprofen or Vicodin when things get bad but other than that I go to the chiropractor once a month as well as get trigger point injections every 6 weeks. It has made a world of difference! Acupuncture works well in conjunction with the injections I just haven't been in for a while. Really need to start going back.

I wish you good luck with everything!

And to everyone, much love and many gentle hugs!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #1873
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,627

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to give a quick "hello" and say that I'm thinking about all of you.

I haven't been feeling at all well lately, and I don't know why but I've been in a real strange mood too. Not depressed exactly, but just feeling anxiety, impatient, irritable, etc.

Yesterday the crown on one of my back molars popped off. The dentist cemented it back on today but now it feels like it's not on there right. It's always something, it seems.

Blah.

I hope everyone is doing ok.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #1874
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hi everyone:

Just wanted to give a quick "hello" and say that I'm thinking about all of you.

I haven't been feeling at all well lately, and I don't know why but I've been in a real strange mood too. Not depressed exactly, but just feeling anxiety, impatient, irritable, etc.

Yesterday the crown on one of my back molars popped off. The dentist cemented it back on today but now it feels like it's not on there right. It's always something, it seems.

Blah.

I hope everyone is doing ok.
Hey SeaSpray! Sorry about your crown :/ And you're right... It's always something.

I like SAM-e. I call them my happy pills but its a natural supplement that you can find at most drug stores. I found it helps a lot when I get those funky moods.

Work has been pretty stressful and I've only been back for a week and half, but in that short time they have changed my assignment three times so its been hard to get anything done. Hopefully things have settled down now though and there shouldn't be anymore changes for a while. Definitely making regular appointments to the chiropractor and acupuncturist though.

My weird thing is that my allergies are going INSANE! And nothing seems to be helping I used to get shots but after they put me in the ER because the nurse apparently couldn't read I just don't trust the people there anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Much love and many gentle hugs to all!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #1875
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,083
DISboards Moderator

Hugs to you both SeaSpray and Rosanb1031
and to all

Not much going on but preparing for back to school
My son did not get his acceptance, so he will take 2 college credit evening courses, and re-apply for the Winter session. AND WORK ..

I see everything happens for a reason, so if college is not his path, he is still young, and can see if a Trade is more for him...

Seems like a nice summery weekend/week ahead.. Hoping to sit in some warm sunshine
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 07:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 09:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 07:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 11:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: